LATEST POLL

Who will be the highest wicket-taker for Pakistan in the 5-match T20I series against New Zealand?
  • Votes: (0%)
Total Votes:
First Vote:
Last Vote:

Exclusive Interviews

"I still miss it, I wish I could go back to Pakistan right now": Catherine Dalton

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Catherine Dalton, the ...

"Our aim is to embed the Asian community into the English cricket system" - Dr Tom Brown

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Dr. Tom Brown, ...

"My aim is to play as many leagues as I can and obviously try to represent England at some stage": Kashif Ali

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Kashif Ali shared ...

"The recent events are not something new in Pakistan Cricket": Kamran Akmal

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter ...

PSL's shortcomings & how can it be improved – with Salman Sarwar Butt, the visionary behind the PSL

Salman Sarwar Butt, the visionary behind the inception and ...

Is Mike Hesson becoming Pakistan's Head Coach? PSL 9 Champion Coach in conversation with Saj

In an exclusive interview for PakPassion, the former RCB ...

Day 4 : Bangladesh are 273/0 after 61 overs (Tamim Iqbal 138*, Imrul Kayes 132*), trail by 23 runs

After putting up a huge total and lead Pakistan wanted to bat once in the match. The lower order collapsed and Pakistan however did manage a sizeable lead. Bangladesh had other plans they played fearless cricket to get a grip back in the match.

Asad Shafiq and Sarfraz Ahmed resumed their partnership and continued playing positively until Sarfraz was dismissed with the score at 594. After this Pakistan collapsed rather rapidly with only a few cameos from Yasir Shah and Zulfiqar Babar adding runs to take the total to 628. Taijul Islam took 6/163. Pakistan however would have been very happy with a lead of 296 on a 4th day pitch. 

Tamim Iqbal and Imrul Kayes began in a watchful way until the 6th over where Tamim hit Wahab for consecutive boundaries. This marked the start of a unbelievable onslaught from the opening pair with no bowler being spared. All 3 spinners were clubbed for sixes and Junaid and Wahab dispatched regularly to the boundary. 

Pakistan seemed powerless to stop the amazing partnership which is the highest ever for Bangladesh in Test cricket. All 3 results are still possible with the draw being most likely. 

There is no doubt that the opening pair will go down as heroes in the history of Bangladesh cricket due to their fight and positivity in the face of a massive lead which would cow most teams.

Discuss