LATEST POLL

Who will be the highest wicket-taker for Pakistan in the 5-match T20I series against New Zealand?
  • Votes: (0%)
Total Votes:
First Vote:
Last Vote:

Exclusive Interviews

"I still miss it, I wish I could go back to Pakistan right now": Catherine Dalton

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Catherine Dalton, the ...

"Our aim is to embed the Asian community into the English cricket system" - Dr Tom Brown

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Dr. Tom Brown, ...

"My aim is to play as many leagues as I can and obviously try to represent England at some stage": Kashif Ali

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Kashif Ali shared ...

"The recent events are not something new in Pakistan Cricket": Kamran Akmal

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter ...

PSL's shortcomings & how can it be improved – with Salman Sarwar Butt, the visionary behind the PSL

Salman Sarwar Butt, the visionary behind the inception and ...

Is Mike Hesson becoming Pakistan's Head Coach? PSL 9 Champion Coach in conversation with Saj

In an exclusive interview for PakPassion, the former RCB ...

Hosts easily chased down target with more than five overs to spare after tourists were bowled out for 115.

By Abdullah Ansari (23rd September, 2016)

Toss: Pakistan won the toss and chose to field.

Teams:

England: J Charles, E Lewis, ADS Fletcher (wk), MN Samuels, DJ Bravo, N Pooran, KA Pollard, CR Brathwaite (c), SP Narine, JE Taylor, S Badree.

Pakistan: Khalid Latif, Sharjeel Khan, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Sarfraz Ahmed (c and wk), Mohammad Nawaz, Imad Wasim, Hasan Ali, Sohail Tanvir, Wahab Riaz.

West Indies Innings

West Indies commenced their innings with the loss of Lewis in the first over off Imad's bowling and the pattern continued as the left-armer had the wickets of Fletcher and Samuels within three overs. Nawaz came on to bowl and dismissed Charles straightaway while Pooran fell to Hasan Ali in the next over, leaving the tourists tottering at 22/5. Bravo and Polland shared in a short partnership before the latter became Imad's fourth victim, captain Carlos Brathwaite fell two balls later to give Imad his fifth wicket - he became the first Pakistan spinner to get a 5-fer in IT20s. Narine was next as a direct hit from Latif found him short. However, Bravo and Taylor fought back, putting on a 66-run partnership for the 9th wicket as Pakistan's bowlers faltered a little. However, Tanvir bowled a couple of good overs at the death as he dismissed both Taylor and Bravo (who made 55) as West Indies were bowled out for 115 with a ball to spare.

Fall Of Wickets

1-3 (Lewis, 0.5 ov)
2-11 (Fletcher, 2.2 ov)
3-15 (Samuels, 2.4 ov)
4-17 (Charles, 3.4 ov)
5-22 (Pooran, 4.3 ov)
6-47 (Pollard, 10.3 ov)
7-47 (Brathwaite, 10.5 ov)
8-48 (Narine, 11.3 ov)
9-114 (Taylor, 19.2 ov)
10-115 (Bravo, 19.5 ov)

Pakistan Innings

Pakistan's innings started with Sharjeel Khan getting a couple of boundaries away in customary fashion. However, Narine came back and bowled a tight over. Sharjeel hit Badree for a big six and a four in the next over, but he was bowled as he tried to pull a delivery that was too full for that. West Indies tried to build pressure thereafter as Latif and Babar Azam bided their time - however, the latter ensured that Imad's good work wouldn't go to waste as he started putting away the bad balls with ease. He took a liking to Brathwaite's bowling in particular as the West Indies captain was deposited for a couple of sixes. Latif joined the party as he got going as well towards the end, and Babar Azam fittingly sealed the victory with a couple of boundaries off Brathwaite's bowling.

Fall Of Wickets

1-28 (Sharjeel Khan, 3.5 ov)

Match Summary:

Another excellent win for Pakistan, the second consecutive 9-wicket win after the brilliant win at Old Trafford. Pakistan would have slightly rued the way they let the 9th wicket partnership take West Indies beyond 100 but the batsmen once again ensured there were no jitters in the chase. The tactics were spot on by Sarfraz and it was a good decision to bowl first with plenty of dew around in the 2nd innings. Good early signs under Sarfraz's captaincy and Pakistan will hope that continues.

Discuss!