LATEST POLL

Who will be the highest wicket-taker for Pakistan in the 5-match T20I series against New Zealand?
  • Votes: (0%)
Total Votes:
First Vote:
Last Vote:

Exclusive Interviews

"I still miss it, I wish I could go back to Pakistan right now": Catherine Dalton

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Catherine Dalton, the ...

"Our aim is to embed the Asian community into the English cricket system" - Dr Tom Brown

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Dr. Tom Brown, ...

"My aim is to play as many leagues as I can and obviously try to represent England at some stage": Kashif Ali

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Kashif Ali shared ...

"The recent events are not something new in Pakistan Cricket": Kamran Akmal

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter ...

PSL's shortcomings & how can it be improved – with Salman Sarwar Butt, the visionary behind the PSL

Salman Sarwar Butt, the visionary behind the inception and ...

Is Mike Hesson becoming Pakistan's Head Coach? PSL 9 Champion Coach in conversation with Saj

In an exclusive interview for PakPassion, the former RCB ...

Three wickets for Mohammad Asghar and two apiece for Wahab Riaz and Hasan Ali derailed Quetta's chase as they fell well short in chase of 149.

By Abdullah Ansari (5th March, 2017)

Quetta Gladiators Squad

Ahmed Shehzad, Morne van Wyk, Anamul Haque, Sean Ervine, Saad Nasim, Sarfraz Ahmed*, Hassan Khan, Anwar Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Rayad Emrit, Zulfiqar Babar.

Peshawar Zalmi Squad

Kamran Akmal, Dawid Malan, Mohammad Hafeez, Marlon Samuels, Khushdil Shah, Iftikhar Ahmed, Darren Sammy*, Chris Jordan, Hasan Ali, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Asghar.

Sarfraz Ahmed won the toss and continued the trend of opting to field despite the change in venue. Zalmi brought Iftikhar in the team to replace Afridi while Gladiators replaced their foreign players with van Wyk, Anamul, Ervine and Emrit. Zalmi began aggressively with 28 off the first two overs off Zulfiqar and Anwar. A couple of overs after that saw a wicket produced as Emrit had Malan edge one onto his stumps. Run-scoring became exceedingly difficult until an over by Hassan Khan produced 18 runs - however, Kamran was dismissed LBW for 40 on the last ball of the over. Nawaz had Samuels bowled next over while Hassan struck again to dismiss Khushdil, stumped down the legside. Hafeez and Iftikhar came together for a bit but couldn't build any momentum whatsoever with the latter specially poor until Emrit dismissed both off consecutive deliveries. The score was 115/6 off 18 overs but Sammy helped to plunder 33 off the last 2 including three big sixes as Zalmi finished on 148/6.

Gladiators' chase started with a tight over by Hasan followed by the fast-bowler effecting a run out in the next over, catching van Wyk short of his crease. Sammy dropped a fairly simple chance at slip but it wasn't costly as Anamul lofted one off Asghar to the man in the deep. Sarfraz came out counter-attacking, hitting a few boundaries but Shehzad fell to Hasan, caught after top edging one. Sarfraz continued aggressively but that resulted in his demise as he played one shot too many to Hafeez and was stumped. Nasim was next as he was out to Wahab as Quetta slumped to 37/5. Ervine and Anwar put on a partnership but it was at a moderate pace. Asghar returned to dismiss Ervine and Nawaz off successive deliveries as he finished with 3/16. Anwar's fight came to an end as he was dismissed by Jordan while Wahab got Hassan Khan. Hasan Ali got the last wicket, getting Zulfiqar as Quetta were bowled out for 90 with Peshawar Zalmi winning the PSL 2017 title.

Discuss!