The third edition of Pakistan’s premier Twenty20 (T20) tournament, the Pakistan Super League (PSL), will kick off from 22 February in Dubai. As is the norm for all such high-profile tournaments in today’s commercially driven world of cricket, the PSL ...
The 2018 Pakistan Super League promises to be the best yet, says Saj Sadiq, and there will be plenty of English interest…
From the highs of their fantastic victory in the Champions Trophy to the lows of an abysmal 5-0 loss in ODI series to New Zealand, Head Coach Mickey Arthur has now experienced the full gamut of emotions associated with Pakistan's recent form ...
Regarded as a top future prospect for the role of a batting all-rounder for Pakistan, 21-year-old Hussain Talat who also plays for the PSL side Islamabad United, has been in impressive form during this domestic season. ...
Talent Spotter : Saud Shakeel
Saud Shakeel is a promising young talent from Karachi who bats left-handed and is also a part-time slow...
Talent Spotter : Bilawal Bhatti
Twenty year old allrounder Bilawal Bhatti has already earned high praise from the former Pakistan...
Talent Spotter : Hasan Raza
18 year-old Hasan Raza is a left-handed middle order batsman from Mirpur who has been a regular for...
Time to get those brain cells working overtime and cast your mind back to the 1983 World Cup.
By Saj Sadiq (8th December, 2016)
1. Which country hosted the 1983 World Cup?
2. Who were the winners of the 1983 World Cup?
3. Who were the beaten finalists in the 1983 World Cup?
4. What was the highest individual score in the 1983 World Cup final?
5. Which renowned slow scorer opened the batting for England throughout the tournament?
6. Which member of the Zimbabwe squad later went on to play Test cricket for England?
7. Who smashed 175 not out from just 138 balls against Zimbabwe in their second match in June?
8. Which England seamer turned commentator went for 82 runs from his 12 overs against Sri Lanka?
9. New Zealand's Martin Sneddon had bowling figures of 12-1-105-2 against which country?
10. Who captained England in the competition?
11. Who was named Man of the Match in Zimbabwe's shock win over Australia?
12. Which Lancastrian opened the batting for England in the tournament?
13. Which Indian seamer was the leading wicket taker in the 1983 World Cup?
14. Which Pakistani leg-spinner took 4-21 against New Zealand?
15. Which current umpire was England's wicket-keeper in 1983?
16. Which English born Australian took 6-39 in a group game against India?
17. Who scored 130 for England against Sri Lanka?
18. How many runs did India score in the final?
19. Which Indian seamer took 3-21 in the final?
20. Who was named Man of the Match in the final?