Aaqib Javed was one of the key figures in Pakistan bowling line-up from 1990 to 1998. He was part of the World Cup winning squad of 1992 and also played in the 1996 World Cup. Needless to say he knows a thing ...
Wasim Khan, the former Chief Executive of Leicestershire County Cricket Club, has now spent over three months in his new role as Managing Director at the PCB and gained a first-hand understanding of the myriad of issues facing Pakistan cricket.
In his first blog for PakPassion.net, Pakistan all-rounder Sohail Tanvir writes about Pakistan’s preparations as they head into the World Cup, his concerns about Pakistan’s new-ball attack, explains why Pakistan’s unpredictable tag could work in their favour and looks forward to an ...
In an exclusive interview with PakPassion.net, popular television commentator David 'Bumble' Lloyd spoke about his impressions of Pakistan's recent performance against England in the ODI series, why he is impressed with the likes of Imam-ul-Haq, Shaheen Shah Afridi and Mohammad Hasnain, the ...
Talent Spotter : Asad Ali
Seeing Asad Ali bowling just blow my mind away ,A bowling style very much a replica of Darren...
Talent Spotter : Zafar Gohar
Zafar Gohar is a slow left-arm orthodox bowler from Lahore who impressed one and all during...
Talent Spotter : Saad Nasim
PakPassion continues to bring its members and guests information on the upcoming talent in...
Time to get those brain cells working overtime and cast your mind back to the 1983 World Cup.
By Saj Sadiq (8th December, 2016)
1. Which country hosted the 1983 World Cup?
2. Who were the winners of the 1983 World Cup?
3. Who were the beaten finalists in the 1983 World Cup?
4. What was the highest individual score in the 1983 World Cup final?
5. Which renowned slow scorer opened the batting for England throughout the tournament?
6. Which member of the Zimbabwe squad later went on to play Test cricket for England?
7. Who smashed 175 not out from just 138 balls against Zimbabwe in their second match in June?
8. Which England seamer turned commentator went for 82 runs from his 12 overs against Sri Lanka?
9. New Zealand's Martin Sneddon had bowling figures of 12-1-105-2 against which country?
10. Who captained England in the competition?
11. Who was named Man of the Match in Zimbabwe's shock win over Australia?
12. Which Lancastrian opened the batting for England in the tournament?
13. Which Indian seamer was the leading wicket taker in the 1983 World Cup?
14. Which Pakistani leg-spinner took 4-21 against New Zealand?
15. Which current umpire was England's wicket-keeper in 1983?
16. Which English born Australian took 6-39 in a group game against India?
17. Who scored 130 for England against Sri Lanka?
18. How many runs did India score in the final?
19. Which Indian seamer took 3-21 in the final?
20. Who was named Man of the Match in the final?