Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 177
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,141
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Australia - the new Test cricket minnows?

    Whitewashed in India
    Whitewashed in the UAE
    Beaten by the weakest Test team right now - SL
    Beaten in England

    Will most probably be beaten by Bangladesh as well if they tour.

    Are we seeing the rise of Bangladesh - and downfall of Australia?

    I really miss the Australian team that was the most feared cricket team - Ponting, Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist, Lee.

    They now have a bunch of batsmen who can't play any sort of swing, seam OR spin.
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 30th July 2016 at 09:25.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,141
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One feels for Smith, who is the lone world class bat in their team.

    Starc still has a lot to prove in Tests where he's been failing. Can't rely on Hazlewood only.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    10,680
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Poor thread

  4. #4
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What's with the Australia bashing ? If they are minnows, Pakistan,SL,India,WI are all minnows.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,141
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    7th consecutive loss in Asia.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    8,847
    Mentioned
    1916 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Yeah sure. Can't even score a single runs 30 straight overs against spinners


    ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,141
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Note that SL are arguably weaker than even Bangladesh, with their current lineup.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,652
    Mentioned
    2029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Every team is minnow out side their home.


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  9. #9
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    8,847
    Mentioned
    1916 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    *single run


    ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,141
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Every team is minnow out side their home.
    Not as bad as them.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    18,393
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    On the other hand we're capable of winning two tests in a series in England


    Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    12,876
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All of the top 6 teams are champions at home. SL only to an extent

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    1,036
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    When are Aussies touring UAE?


  14. #14
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    12,876
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Before it was - Should Bangladesh be stripped of test status (after losing an ODI)

    Now it's "Australia are minnows" after a loss away from home

  15. #15
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One of their problems in Asia has been playing left arm spin. Jadeja,Zulfi baba and now Herath. SLA's who dart it in and still get turn on turners are hard to deal for most batsmen but especially for these Australian batsmen. Anyway i still expect them to win this series.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  16. #16
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    24,930
    Mentioned
    2507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    We are the new minnows. One win here and there doesn't change that. Hopefully this win can spark a few into action.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,141
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Every team is minnow out side their home.

    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    All of the top 6 teams are champions at home. SL only to an extent
    Note that both Pak and Ind recently beat a bit stronger SL side.

    Ya'll are forgetting how weak this team currently is.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    1,036
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Note that both Pak and Ind recently beat a bit stronger SL side.

    Ya'll are forgetting how weak this team currently is.
    And both India and Pakistan have at least one win vs England

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,141
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    1-down, two more to go.

    Who is the Boxing Day test against this year? Warner needs to score 215* and Australia have to be 528/6 (d)!
    Pakistan.

    What's your prediction? Our bowlers will be pretty toothless on those flat Aus pitches.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    2nd highest W/L ratio away from home in the last 5 years. Highest W/L ratio at home and overall in the same period and Australia are suddenly minnows in test cricket?

    Hawkeye bhai still has not gotten over that thumping by England in the last match eh?


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  21. #21
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,291
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Every team is minnow out side their home.
    We haven't played a single match in Pakistan😂

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,685
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not minnows but incapable of winning in the subcontinent. Not sure if its smug attitude or what but while sub continent teams are putting hard yards to compete well in alien conditions the Aussies look as if they are not even interested in learning how to play in the subcontinent. They are happy with their home wins on super pattas where the likes of Warner and Vogues are Bradmans.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,653
    Mentioned
    807 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Extreme exaggeration.

    Aus suck at those countries but they are a destruction machine in 3 other countries (Aus, NZ and SA) where other teams routinely get thrashed more often than not.

    Anyways, today's result just proves that Aus are not clear cut number 1. They have lost everything in Asia in recent times. This is like 0-8 that India went through (actually even worse cos Aus is losing in a third country too).

    But they still have 2 more tests so you never know.
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 30th July 2016 at 09:54.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    9,512
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Note that SL are arguably weaker than even Bangladesh, with their current lineup.
    Not in tests, no.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    14,171
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Pakistan.

    What's your prediction? Our bowlers will be pretty toothless on those flat Aus pitches.
    Pakistan will win at least one test.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Extreme exaggeration.

    Aus suck at those countries but they are a destruction machine in 3 other countries (Aus, NZ and SA) where others teams routinely gte thrashed more often than not.

    Anyways, today's result just proves that Aus are not clear cut number 1. They have lost everything in Asia in recent times. This is like 0-8 that India went through (actually even worse cos Aus is losing in a third country too).

    But they still have 2 more tests so you never know.
    Not only that. They win in Windies. They won 2 out of five tests in England(competed better than other team barring SA) and they'll probably win this series as well. Also pakistan are actually better off playing in the UAE. i suspect quite a few teams ,including OZ, would have beaten them if they played their cricket at home.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  27. #27
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Pakistan will win at least one test.
    They havent even drawn a test in Australia in 21 years.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,238
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So soon we will be whitewashed by the minnows.. What would that make us?


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    1,036
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    So soon we will be whitewashed by the minnows.. What would that make us?
    Mini-minnows

  30. #30
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,653
    Mentioned
    807 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Not only that. They win in Windies. They won 2 out of five tests in England(competed better than other team barring SA) and they'll probably win this series as well. Also pakistan are actually better off playing in the UAE. i suspect quite a few teams ,including OZ, would have beaten them if they played their cricket at home.
    Still.....if you get whitewashed in 2 main countries and you do badly in the 3rd....people will question you.

    Calling them minnow is not right but they are going on a worse streak than 0-8 (the only reason Aus didn't get 0-8 and got 0-6 is because UAE series had only 2 tests...now the number is 0-7). If desi teams would go through such streaks, then blood would flow on the roads and wails of pure agony would fill the air.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,141
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    So soon we will be whitewashed by the minnows.. What would that make us?
    It's just because we can't compete on super flat runways.

    Our batsmen aren't brutal enough to score fast - where the likes of Warner thrive.

    Give us sporting tracks and we'd win in Australia, too.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    It's just because we can't compete on super flat runways.

    Our batsmen aren't brutal enough to score fast - where the likes of Warner thrive.

    Give us sporting tracks and we'd win in Australia, too.
    You got sporting tracks in SA. What happened there?


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  33. #33
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,238
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    It's just because we can't compete on super flat runways.

    Our batsmen aren't brutal enough to score fast - where the likes of Warner thrive.

    Give us sporting tracks and we'd win in Australia, too.
    Blame the tracks now , we have to play on whatever tracks are presented to us.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,141
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Still.....if you get whitewashed in 2 main countries and you do badly in the 3rd....people will question you.

    Calling them minnow is not right but they are going on a worse streak than 0-8 (the only reason Aus didn't get 0-8 and got 0-6 is because UAE series had only 2 tests...now the number is 0-7). If desi teams would go through such streaks, then blood would flow on the roads and wails of pure agony would fill the air.
    Exactly, my friend.

    All hell breaks loose if India or Pakistan lose even a SINGLE test away.

    We have mass wrist-slitting contests on respective forums. People start calling their own team as minnows.

    I'm sure you must have witnessed the meltdown after our 2nd Test loss - even though we comprehensively won the first one.

    Now these same people are calling the thread an exaggeration. Which it may very well might be. But that's how PPers roll.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,238
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    You got sporting tracks in SA. What happened there?
    They were sporting for only one team lol


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,141
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    You got sporting tracks in SA. What happened there?
    That was in stone age. Talk about our current settled team. Eng couldn't win a single match in the UAE on 2 tours, we already won one at their home.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    4,244
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    this team is pretty bad. even indians drew a couple of games in australia last time. indians!

  38. #38
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,563
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Australia are historically weak in Asia! Even their strong teams (consisting Waugh, Ponting, Gilchrist, Mc.Grath, Warne, Hayden) used to lose in Asia. (Something similar to Indian Team with Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Srinath, Kumble couldn't beat even a dipping West Indies team in late 90s)

    Australia are used to playing on true pace pitches. The ball should reach the keeper at shoulder heights. They are always susceptible against Spin and even Swing. And note that they do well in ODIs everywhere because the pitches are flat! They will not do well even in T20s because 1 over, 1 wicket can change the match drastically on non-flat pitches.

    They are the real flat-track bullies...

  39. #39
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    69,338
    Mentioned
    3691 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is the worst touring team at the moment as things stand.

    With players like Masood, Hafeez, Azhar, Younis, Sarfraz, Wahab, Rahat, Imran, Sohail, Aslam, Iftikhar, Rizwan, Zulfiqar etc., we cannot win Test series in countries like Australia, England, South Africa, New Zealand and India.

    That only leaves Sri Lanka (where the series will be highly competitive and could go either way), West Indies (borderline minnows), Bangladesh and Zimbabwe (minnows).

    Replace Australia with Pakistan in the title and this thread might make more sense.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    That was in stone age. Talk about our current settled team. Eng couldn't win a single match in the UAE on 2 tours, we already won one at their home.
    Yep. Settled test side with non performing openers, a dancing aged middle order bat,two sprayguns and a so called ATG who hasn't lived up to the hype at all.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  41. #41
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    18,393
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anuk View Post
    this team is pretty bad. even indians drew a couple of games in australia last time. indians!
    Modern Australian wickets.


    Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    Australia are historically weak in Asia! Even their strong teams (consisting Waugh, Ponting, Gilchrist, Mc.Grath, Warne, Hayden) used to lose in Asia. (Something similar to Indian Team with Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Srinath, Kumble couldn't beat even a dipping West Indies team in late 90s)

    Australia are used to playing on true pace pitches. The ball should reach the keeper at shoulder heights. They are always susceptible against Spin and even Swing. And note that they do well in ODIs everywhere because the pitches are flat! They will not do well even in T20s because 1 over, 1 wicket can change the match drastically on non-flat pitches.

    They are the real flat-track bullies...
    They used to lose only in India.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  43. #43
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    18,393
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    It's just because we can't compete on super flat runways.

    Our batsmen aren't brutal enough to score fast - where the likes of Warner thrive.

    Give us sporting tracks and we'd win in Australia, too.
    Pakistan hasn't even toured Australia in the era of flat tracks


    Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    3,212
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last 16 matches in Asia
    Won 1
    Lost 11
    Drawn 4



  45. #45
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,460
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All teams are pretty evenly matched atm .

    Especially England , Australia and Pakistan.

    The kiwis are a little overrated because they routinely lose at home to good sides like Pak , Australia and England and only beat the weak touring sides like India and Srilanka.

    Australia and pakistan is an interesting comparison because both teams put up similar performances on seaming tracks i-e England and Newzealand


    Pakistan cant play bounce .

    Australia cant play spin and reverse.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    35,467
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Aren't they the number one Test team? Clearly that ranking has been earned?

  47. #47
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    All teams are pretty evenly matched atm .

    Especially England , Australia and Pakistan.

    The kiwis are a little overrated because they routinely lose at home to good sides like Pak , Australia and England and only beat the weak touring sides like India and Srilanka.

    Australia and pakistan is an interesting comparison because both teams put up similar performances on seaming tracks i-e England and Newzealand


    Pakistan cant play bounce .

    Australia cant play spin and reverse.
    When did Pakistan become a great touring side?

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,141
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Pakistan hasn't even toured Australia in the era of flat tracks
    They will soon, and I expect a thrashing by Aus. We don't have players who can score fast and dominate. Can grind it out all day, yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    When did Pakistan become a great touring side?
    Better than most. England lost to WI in WI recently, lol. Lost ALL matches against us spanning over 2 tours!

    We're touring Eng for the first time in years and already won our first match there.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    10,472
    Mentioned
    1268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    On the other hand we're capable of winning two tests in a series in England
    Didn't Pakistan win two Tests in England on their last tour. One of which was against.........Australia.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Better than most. England lost to WI in WI recently, lol. Lost ALL matches against us spanning over 2 tours!

    We're touring Eng for the first time in years and already won our first match there.
    All teams are pretty much HTBs atm. There isn't much of a difference between the teams.

    England didn't lose to WI, it drew with them.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    14,171
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Aren't they the number one Test team? Clearly that ranking has been earned?
    By beating up on the hapless West Indies at the SCG, yes.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,460
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    When did Pakistan become a great touring side?
    Its all relative to the performance of others .
    Historically better than both srilanka and India for sure ??

  53. #53
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Didn't Pakistan win two Tests in England on their last tour. One of which was against.........Australia.
    Doesn't count . That's a neutral venue as far as beating Australia is concerned. Did they beat England in two tests in England?


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  54. #54
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    By beating up on the hapless West Indies at the SCG, yes.
    Beat up NZ home and away.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  55. #55
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    Its all relative to the performance of others .
    Historically better than both srilanka and India for sure ??
    How?

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    10,472
    Mentioned
    1268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Doesn't count . That's a neutral venue as far as beating Australia is concerned. Did they beat England in two tests in England?
    Settle down. I was just trolling @Convict.

    As I've written elsewhere, I think England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India and Pakistan are pretty much inter-changeable currently. Great at home, lousy in alien conditions.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,460
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Beat up NZ home and away.
    Newzealand are not that great at home tbf .
    Unless they are up against poor touring teams .

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,685
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In term of touring sides

    England
    SA
    NZ
    Australia
    India = SL = Pakistan
    WI

    Pakistan is next to India and SL only because of the loss to Zimbabwe and humiliating defeats to SA. This England series might turn the tide for them.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,460
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    How?
    Better winloss ratio in all countries . Hardly rocket science.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    Newzealand are not that great at home tbf .
    Unless they are up against poor touring teams .
    You're underestimating New Zealand with hardly any context.

    They were pis* poor till 2012 when they were bog average. India won against them at home in 2010, Pakistan won there a year later, England played very poor to come away with a draw iirc. But they transformed as a side afterwards when they became a really competitive side. I'll bet on New Zealand to win at home with relative ease if they were to face Pakistan now at home.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    Better winloss ratio in all countries . Hardly rocket science.
    Hardly rocket science to realise all the Asian sides are poor touring sides when none of them have won a single series in Australia or South Africa.

    More so in this millennium.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,685
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    Better winloss ratio in all countries . Hardly rocket science.
    Its about quality of opposition as well. Drawing series against un-ranked Zimbabwe is unforgivable.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    14,171
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    You're underestimating New Zealand with hardly any context.

    They were pis* poor till 2012 when they were bog average. India won against them at home in 2010, Pakistan won there a year later, England played very poor to come away with a draw iirc. But they transformed as a side afterwards when they became a really competitive side. I'll bet on New Zealand to win at home with relative ease if they were to face Pakistan now at home.
    All thanks to Brendon McCullum.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    You're underestimating New Zealand with hardly any context.

    They were pis* poor till 2012 when they were bog average. India won against them at home in 2010, Pakistan won there a year later, England played very poor to come away with a draw iirc. But they transformed as a side afterwards when they became a really competitive side. I'll bet on New Zealand to win at home with relative ease if they were to face Pakistan now at home.
    The NZ side we toured and lost to and that drew in the UAE with Pakistan looked completely different to be honest. Without McCullum they don't look that dangerous and Boult and Southee have looke d mediocre off late. Pakistan have a chance of beating them when they tour as long as they are not green mambas


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,460
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    You're underestimating New Zealand with hardly any context.

    They were pis* poor till 2012 when they were bog average. India won against them at home in 2010, Pakistan won there a year later, England played very poor to come away with a draw iirc. But they transformed as a side afterwards when they became a really competitive side. I'll bet on New Zealand to win at home with relative ease if they were to face Pakistan now at home.
    Not really !!! There is context to what i am saying .
    As poor as they might have been they have always had the better of India.
    The side that lost to pakistan was pretty similar to the current team .
    Who is thd new addition that makes them.stronger ??
    Also while we are predicting the future . Heres a prediction . I expect pakistan to win more matches than india/srilanka over their round of overseas tours .
    The mark to beat is 1 . Currently they have 1 win . Lets see.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    The NZ side we toured and lost to and that drew in the UAE with Pakistan looked completely different to be honest. Without McCullum they don't look that dangerous and Boult and Southee have looke d mediocre off late. Pakistan have a chance of beating them when they tour as long as they are not green mambas
    Agree but both are quality bowlers. Boult probably was jaded after coming back from a injury.

    And as good a captain as B'Mac was, his captaincy was suicidal at time. Williamson has got a very good head on his shoulders and he is probably the most shrewd captain in world cricket atm. Unfair to label them as a one man team too reliant on McCullum.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    Not really !!! There is context to what i am saying .
    As poor as they might have been they have always had the better of India.
    The side that lost to pakistan was pretty similar to the current team .
    Who is thd new addition that makes them.stronger ??
    Also while we are predicting the future . Heres a prediction . I expect pakistan to win more matches than india/srilanka over their round of overseas tours .
    The mark to beat is 1 . Currently they have 1 win . Lets see.
    Over the last four tours of SA,NZ,ENG,AUS, we won 1,drew 5 and lost 7, you have lost 4 and won 1


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  68. #68
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Agree but both are quality bowlers. Boult probably was jaded after coming back from a injury.

    And as good a captain as B'Mac was, his captaincy was suicidal at time. Williamson has got a very good head on his shoulders and he is probably the most shrewd captain in world cricket atm. Unfair to label them as a one man team too reliant on McCullum.
    No I mean, McCullum was in the firm of his life that season and played a couple of ATG level knocks, Latham was looking a very good opener and their pace attack was firing and even their spinners looked effective. Fast forward today and they don't have Bmac, Latham has fallen off quite a bit bit and you'll be shocked to see how bad Boult and Southee have been off late. They look very jaded and are heavily dependent on Williamson


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,460
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Hardly rocket science to realise all the Asian sides are poor touring sides when none of them have won a single series in Australia or South Africa.

    More so in this millennium.
    Apart from southafrica happily accepting 5 penalty runs for tempering in exchange for a test win in srilanka and the Uae touring sides have generally been pretty poor.
    Right now england are as good a touring side as any after their win in India and southafrica but even they were hammered in the UAE and Australia.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,460
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Over the last four tours of SA,NZ,ENG,AUS, we won 1,drew 5 and lost 7, you have lost 4 and won 1
    Lost 4 ?? Have only played two matches .
    If you are going back to previous the previous tour than pakistan have won at least 4.
    3 in england and 1 in newzealand.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    12,895
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Winning away from home is not easy in this current era. Australia struggle in subcontinent but in South Africa and England for the most part they have done well. I wouldn't say they are minnows away from home but they are ok away from home with plenty of improvement to be made.

    From the Asian teams I would say India are the best, they compete well for the most part. Yes they have got thrashed certain times in Australia and England but that can happen as both teams are strong at home.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    Lost 4 ?? Have only played two matches .
    If you are going back to previous the previous tour than pakistan have won at least 4.
    3 in england and 1 in newzealand.

    I'm referring to your tour of SA in 2013. That is part if your current cycle


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,460
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    I'm referring to your tour of SA in 2013. That is part if your current cycle
    Yeah 4 wins.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Your away tour cycle began with 2013 tour of SA and completes next year with tour of NZ. Similarly our cycle started with the tour of SA in 2013 and ended with the tour if OZ 1.5 years back.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  75. #75
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,858
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Anyway this is a pointless comparison. Pakistan barely tour outside of the UAE while teams like India and Australia have gruelling away tours and twice or thrice the amount of cricket played by Pakistan. Ridiculous comparison really. Even SL have toured more. 2 trips to England and NZ respectively.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,330
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How are they ranked #1 with that horror record?

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,460
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Anyway this is a pointless comparison. Pakistan barely tour outside of the UAE while teams like India and Australia have gruelling away tours and twice or thrice the amount of cricket played by Pakistan. Ridiculous comparison really. Even SL have toured more. 2 trips to England and NZ respectively.
    Thats why i go back a little further because this touring bicycle is a little irrelevant in some cases.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    11,897
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    Lost 4 ?? Have only played two matches .
    If you are going back to previous the previous tour than pakistan have won at least 4.
    3 in england and 1 in newzealand.
    Let them live in delusion.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    Not really !!! There is context to what i am saying .
    As poor as they might have been they have always had the better of India.
    The side that lost to pakistan was pretty similar to the current team .
    Who is thd new addition that makes them.stronger ??
    Also while we are predicting the future . Heres a prediction . I expect pakistan to win more matches than india/srilanka over their round of overseas tours .
    The mark to beat is 1 . Currently they have 1 win . Lets see.
    I can't say anything more if you believe the kiwi side 6 years back are the same now. They drew with Pakistan at the UAE and you're expecting to beat them at home comfortably?

    Anyway Pakistan got whitewashed in south africa, so that's one gone. Pakistan have a chance to better India or Lanka's performance in England in the remaining two tests. But I don't see Pakistan raising their performance in Australia. Most probably will struggle there as they always do.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,460
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    I can't say anything more if you believe the kiwi side 6 years back are the same now. They drew with Pakistan at the UAE and you're expecting to beat them at home comfortably?

    Anyway Pakistan got whitewashed in south africa, so that's one gone. Pakistan have a chance to better India or Lanka's performance in England in the remaining two tests. But I don't see Pakistan raising their performance in Australia. Most probably will struggle there as they always do.
    Well you are the one who thinks they are invincible so the onus is on you to tell me what has changed .
    Yes thats around 7 more test matches and i think i am justified in expecting Pakistan to win a match or two out of the 7 . in comparison india played around 13 and won 1 .
    Lets see how it goes.
    Last edited by ethan hunt; 30th July 2016 at 12:21.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •