Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 366
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,201
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Kamran Akmal - The explosive opener we need

    Even his staunch haters would agree he's an amazing batsman against pace bowling.

    He loves pace and bounce coming on to his bat, then smash the bowlers over the fence.

    You can hate him for his keeping (not much poor than Sarfraz's) and middle order batting, but he's a top bat and the kind of person you need to partner Sharjeel, give us quick starts in LOIs.

    There are other options too for ODIs like Khalid, Shahzaib, but if Kamran does well, I'm guessing Inzi will go for him.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    69,514
    Mentioned
    3721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Age is the only hindrance. Quality wise, he looks ready for international cricket.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    7,779
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be considered for international team if he does good in the PSL. Rizwan needs to be dropped unfortunately he seems like a nice guy who tries hard and he may be a good fielder but simply not good enough batsmen which is a shame since he started his career off so well

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,201
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Age is the only hindrance. Quality wise, he looks ready for international cricket.
    Can give us good starts till Champions Trophy.

    If he does well in the tournament, that is. Not sure how Shahzaib and Khalid are going to fare - good competition.

    Kamran has more ability though, plays beautiful off-side game and is a proven clutch player under pressure.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is looking really good in PSL and has been performing great in domestic. Honestly, he deserves a go as an opener. He can perform until the next world cup.

  6. #6
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,222
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Much better than the likes of Shehzad and Azhar


    Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    69,514
    Mentioned
    3721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Can give us good starts till Champions Trophy.

    If he does well in the tournament, that is. Not sure how Shahzaib and Khalid are going to fare - good competition.

    Kamran has more ability though, plays beautiful off-side game and is a proven clutch player under pressure.


    Only in Tests.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    490
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Age is the only hindrance. Quality wise, he looks ready for international cricket.
    I agree and gald to be proven wrong.

    Seen enough...KAKMAL needs to be brought back

  9. #9
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,222
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We need someone explosive with Sharjeel in ODIs. Id prefer Umar but if they wont promote him then Kamran is a good option. Enough of the Azhars and Shehzads


    Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,301
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should be opening with Sharjeel on merit. Pakistan could still get a lot out of him till the next world cup.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    10,757
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I hate him for Sydney, but you may be right.


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  12. #12
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,222
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Should replace Sarfraz as keeper in ODIs too. We can play an extra hitter in the middle in place of Sarfraz


    Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    8,727
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lets wait foe the whole tournament then judge


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    13,400
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Should replace Sarfraz as keeper in ODIs too. We can play an extra hitter in the middle in place of Sarfraz
    He just became captain...


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    7,558
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why only as an opener?

    It's our middle-order which is stagnant.


    Better luck next time

  16. #16
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    490
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Lets wait foe the whole tournament then judge
    He may not do so this throughtout but seen enough to know that he is better option then what PAK got.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,301
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    Why only as an opener?

    It's our middle-order which is stagnant.
    because he can make good use of PP overs. but yes we need an explosive batsman in the middle order too. Hafeez and Malik look out of power.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    7,558
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    because he can make good use of PP overs. but yes we need an explosive batsman in the middle order too. Hafeez and Malik look out of power.
    So we put all our eggs in one basket?


    Better luck next time

  19. #19
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,222
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    He just became captain...
    Shouldnt be in the team


    Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,301
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    So we put all our eggs in one basket?
    it's the modern day requirement. I don't think one attacking + one anchor as openers strategy is working for us. Sharjeel + Azhar hasn't worked in the last few series. but I do agree with you. our middle order or even lower order has hardly any batsman who can clear grounds that includes Sarfraz. Umar is exception but he is fighting for his place in the team.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    15,162
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Even his staunch haters would agree he's an amazing batsman against pace bowling.

    He loves pace and bounce coming on to his bat, then smash the bowlers over the fence.

    You can hate him for his keeping (not much poor than Sarfraz's) and middle order batting, but he's a top bat and the kind of person you need to partner Sharjeel, give us quick starts in LOIs.

    There are other options too for ODIs like Khalid, Shahzaib, but if Kamran does well, I'm guessing Inzi will go for him.
    not sure about Kami's recall. Its better if Pakistan invest in a youngster instead.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    17,849
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let him peform consistently in this PSL. I'd rather make his brother the opener as of now.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    7,558
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    it's the modern day requirement. I don't think one attacking + one anchor as openers strategy is working for us. Sharjeel + Azhar hasn't worked in the last few series. but I do agree with you. our middle order or even lower order has hardly any batsman who can clear grounds that includes Sarfraz. Umar is exception but he is fighting for his place in the team.
    Azhar shouldn't be in the team.

    Barbar and Harris are good enough for Pakistan but they aren't dynamic relative to international standards. So Babar has to open with Sharjeel.

    Kamran at 5 gives impetus to the middle-order where we always lose our way.

    Azhar, Malik and Shafiq offer no value to the limited overs squad. Hafeez should never play in place of a batsman. Play him as one of the five bowlers and bat him around 5/6.


    Better luck next time

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,301
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    Azhar shouldn't be in the team.

    Barbar and Harris are good enough for Pakistan but they aren't dynamic relative to international standards. So Babar has to open with Sharjeel.

    Kamran at 5 gives impetus to the middle-order where we always lose our way.

    Azhar, Malik and Shafiq offer no value to the limited overs squad. Hafeez should never play in place of a batsman. Play him as one of the five bowlers and bat him around 5/6.
    pretty much agree with you. Plus Baber is a natural opener so that might not be big problem shifting him.

    We do need to revamp our ODI team completely to the current International standards and make these fundamental changes.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    13,285
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Judge him at the end of the tournament. But good start

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,201
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    [/b]

    Only in Tests.
    I can recall one ODI where he won it for us. Maybe it was against WI, but it was a blinder.

    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    Why only as an opener?

    It's our middle-order which is stagnant.
    Have to utilize players to their full potential. Kami's lies in him opening the batting.

    I agree that the middle order of Sarfraz, Malik, Hafeez, Rizwan is the worst in the world. But, we need someone who is good against spin and pace both there.

    It's disturbing there's no one in the domestic circuit who can fill this role, in the middle.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    7,558
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I can recall one ODI where he won it for us. Maybe it was against WI, but it was a blinder.



    Have to utilize players to their full potential. Kami's lies in him opening the batting.

    I agree that the middle order of Sarfraz, Malik, Hafeez, Rizwan is the worst in the world. But, we need someone who is good against spin and pace both there.

    It's disturbing there's no one in the domestic circuit who can fill this role, in the middle.
    Then you are putting all your eggs in one basket.

    A middle-order of Barbar-Harris-Sarfraz-Malik isn't much better.

    There is no reason why Kamran can't succeed in the middle-order.

    You don't utilise players ahead of the need of the team. You build the team around the needs of the team not the other way round.

    The need is for dynamic middle-order batsmen. There aren't that many options, and Kamran is certainly in the conversation.


    Better luck next time

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,305
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was hitting it swiftly, needed to stay till the end...
    A bit early to show such emotions.. Let him perform through this whole PSL....

  29. #29
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,305
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I can recall one ODI where he won it for us. Maybe it was against WI, but it was a blinder.



    Have to utilize players to their full potential. Kami's lies in him opening the batting.

    I agree that the middle order of Sarfraz, Malik, Hafeez, Rizwan is the worst in the world. But, we need someone who is good against spin and pace both there.

    It's disturbing there's no one in the domestic circuit who can fill this role, in the middle.
    Yup against West Indies in Abu Dhabi he played a blinder... But in lower order..

  30. #30
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    19,557
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Age is the only hindrance. Quality wise, he looks ready for international cricket.
    He always was. He's been ignored for reasons other than his ability, his scores in domestic cricket, not to mention his previous knocks at international level have always underlined his hitting power. It's a shame we have been inflicted with watching wannabe batsmen not fit to lace his shoes turning out for Pakistan the last 4 years.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,301
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    He always was. He's been ignored for reasons other than his ability, his scores in domestic cricket, not to mention his previous knocks at international level have always underlined his hitting power. It's a shame we have been inflicted with watching wannabe batsmen not fit to lace his shoes turning out for Pakistan the last 4 years.
    that's the most sad thing.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,729
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Put a man on the cut and bowl short and wide. I can guarantee he will get out every single time. Thats how he was found out in international cricket


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  33. #33
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    2,543
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only one Akmal allowed in the squad. Take your pic...snr or jnr

  34. #34
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,301
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Put a man on the cut and bowl short and wide. I can guarantee he will get out every single time. Thats how he was found out in international cricket
    not today, not when AKmal is in such a good form.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,343
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Times are so hard that we are desperate for a TTF comeback. This is the state of Pak cricket.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    2,543
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs to prove himself in the rest of the tournament. One good innings doesn't make him the next Kohli

  37. #37
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    19,557
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    Times are so hard that we are desperate for a TTF comeback. This is the state of Pak cricket.
    If he's the yardstick for TTF's then you really do have to feel despair when you look at our current T20 batsmen who aren't even has-beens, they would be better described as never-will-be's. Enjoy watching Rizwan scrabbling around trying to take a single off 3 balls in the death overs.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  38. #38
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,301
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    Times are so hard that we are desperate for a TTF comeback. This is the state of Pak cricket.
    that's tall talk when he is replaced by players like Rizwan.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    2,898
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The problem with Akmals is, all of them that is, that they look a million dollars when they are not in the team. Introduce them in the team and it feels that they don't know which end to hold the bat from or how does the ball look like and how do you catch it.

    Introduce him in the team and he will do the same again. Somethings in Pakistan cricket will never change and Akmals are one of them.


    zindagi tu hi mukhtasir ho ja, shab e gham mukhtasur nahi hoti

  40. #40
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    4,359
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No


    Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    8,706
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compared to Akmal's Bradd Haddin's knock was more cultured, and more under pressure, had a combination of everything.. Akmal was just power hitting on every ball he faced

    There was no death touch in his batting, only hard hits like a over extra cover and down the square leg to Ajmal
    He was good today but that doesn't happen everyday, there was no creativity in his batting, no reliance on singles at all... opposition can expose that weakness of his

  42. #42
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    19,557
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Compared to Akmal's Bradd Haddin's knock was more cultured, and more under pressure, had a combination of everything.. Akmal was just power hitting on every ball he faced

    There was no death touch in his batting, only hard hits like a over extra cover and down the square leg to Ajmal
    He was good today but that doesn't happen everyday, there was no creativity in his batting, no reliance on singles at all... opposition can expose that weakness of his
    No one is comparing Akmal to other international team's players though. We know he's not top class. But he is better than the weak and feeble players we've seen turning out for Pakistan in his place. Haris Sohail and Rizwan couldn't hit their way out of a wet paper bag.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  43. #43
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    480
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Shouldnt be in the team
    sarfaraz shouldnt be in the odi team??? tell me ur kidding...

  44. #44
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    8,706
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    No one is comparing Akmal to other international team's players though. We know he's not top class. But he is better than the weak and feeble players we've seen turning out for Pakistan in his place. Haris Sohail and Rizwan couldn't hit their way out of a wet paper bag.
    Don't care to be very honest... but we have to move on from Akmal.. power hitting is not the only requirement for a batsman.. it looks good in a t20 game, but trust me there is more brains in the opposition to get Akmal out.. was surprised how Ajmal was persisted through and through.. and Sami got him out with 1 decent bouncer

  45. #45
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    480
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO. hes way too old and a multiple time TTF... stick to domestic leagues...

  46. #46
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    19,557
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Don't care to be very honest... but we have to move on from Akmal.. power hitting is not the only requirement for a batsman.. it looks good in a t20 game
    Well I was discussing T20 game, not test cricket.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    15,162
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Put a man on the cut and bowl short and wide. I can guarantee he will get out every single time. Thats how he was found out in international cricket
    agreed. his cut shot has let him down so many times

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,151
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Pakistan, oldies are goldies!


    The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there — Vince Lombardi

  49. #49
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    82,406
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If you keep moving back , you will never get fresh talent.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,483
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Knew he'd do well in PSL.

    If he keeps this up and ends up at the top of the table for the run-scorers, then it's very hard to stop him from coming back. Especially when you take into account the fact that Latif is not a starter for IU, Fakhar may or may not start, Imam's not in the PSL, and Umar opening might just be a PP fantasy...

    Let's see how Shahzaib does. Hopefully he's preferred over Khurram by KK, for starters!


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  51. #51
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,483
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Lol at people saying Kamran should replace Sarfraz as a WK too.

    He's 35. Has maximum 2 years left in him.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  52. #52
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    19,557
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    If you keep moving back , you will never get fresh talent.
    Maybe should start picking some fresh talent that is actually suited to 20 over cricket. Just a thought.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  53. #53
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,829
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You want Kamran back? Then you will blame your selectors for recycling TTF's.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  54. #54
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    69,514
    Mentioned
    3721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    He always was. He's been ignored for reasons other than his ability, his scores in domestic cricket, not to mention his previous knocks at international level have always underlined his hitting power. It's a shame we have been inflicted with watching wannabe batsmen not fit to lace his shoes turning out for Pakistan the last 4 years.
    He has always been a confidence player. His shoddy keeping has affected his batting as well. Technically he is a sound keeper, but one mistakes goes to his head. I remember Ian Chappell calling him the next Gilchrist back in 2004 when he first burst onto the scene, and he indeed was brilliant both as a batsman and keeper at that time.

    I think he would have hit great heights with the bat had he been relieved of the gloves and played as specialist batsman. Unfortunately it is too late now, but perhaps we should strike now that the iron is hot and draft him in for the WI tour.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    1,842
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replace Umar Akmal with Kamran.

    Umar is just too overweight and lethargic


    Dazzling the stage, Ginga Bishonen. Shinpathy!

  56. #56
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    69,514
    Mentioned
    3721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    He is fitter than Umar for sure.

  57. #57
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,445
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His brother is a better option. Kamran doesn't have much left.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  58. #58
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,222
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarmad1983 View Post
    sarfaraz shouldnt be in the odi team??? tell me ur kidding...
    Sarfraz shouldn't be in the ODI team. Kamran should replace him. T20s too. But unfortunately we've made him captain


    Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    896
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is time to discard what is a proven failure.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    23,012
    Mentioned
    831 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He can replace his brother thats about it. Not good enough to dislodge any of the other batsmen in the side.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    23,012
    Mentioned
    831 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarmad1983 View Post
    sarfaraz shouldnt be in the odi team??? tell me ur kidding...
    The guy who averaged 60 odd in England shouldn't be in the side. Some of these posters I tell you..

  62. #62
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,868
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Should replace Misbah in tests ASAP.

    Pakistan badly need an aggressive batsman like him in tests who can take on the bowlers.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,250
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Next WC is in 2019

    T20 wc is in 2020

    No point bringing back Kamran. People forget that he averages close to afridi

    Yes there is an argument for the champions trophy, but that is a big gamble and I'd rather gamble on someone that has a future


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  64. #64
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,868
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Sarfraz shouldn't be in the ODI team. Kamran should replace him. T20s too. But unfortunately we've made him captain
    No 35 years old in ODIs please. Hafeez and Malik are more than enough.

  65. #65
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,445
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One more innings like this and he's bound to get selected for the Windies tour. Not against his selection but I'd rather Umar open. Kamran should bat at 4.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,689
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Should replace Misbah in tests ASAP.

    Pakistan badly need an aggressive batsman like him in tests who can take on the bowlers.
    Curious to know why Pakistan needs an aggressive batsman in tests when the ability most lacking in their team is that to draw tests which they can't win. Check how many times your batting collapsed in the last few years.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,327
    Mentioned
    781 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He's not "amazing" against pace. He's a thoroughly average batsman who looks good when his eye is in and is an inferior Shahid Afridi in that regard.

    Man averages 26 in ODIs, barely 20 and 30 in T20s and tests respectively. His career SR isn't that good either. Plus, he's 35 years old.

    I seriously worry about the health of people who want such a huge TTF back in the team. The era of Kamran, Malik, Afridi, Farhat, etc is over. Thank God.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,689
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    He's not "amazing" against pace. He's a thoroughly average batsman who looks good when his eye is in and is an inferior Shahid Afridi in that regard.

    Man averages 26 in ODIs, barely 20 and 30 in T20s and tests respectively. His career SR isn't that good either. Plus, he's 35 years old.

    I seriously worry about the health of people who want such a huge TTF back in the team. The era of Kamran, Malik, Afridi, Farhat, etc is over. Thank God.
    Correct. And with age not on his side you never know when his hand - eye coordination will desert him. Better to invest in a youngster.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,483
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    One more innings like this and he's bound to get selected for the Windies tour. Not against his selection but I'd rather Umar open. Kamran should bat at 4.
    In what format?

    Everyone in Pakistan should bat at #4.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  70. #70
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,445
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    In what format?

    Everyone in Pakistan should bat at #4.
    LOIs. What do you mean everyone should bat at 4?


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,868
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    Curious to know why Pakistan needs an aggressive batsman in tests when the ability most lacking in their team is that to draw tests which they can't win. Check how many times your batting collapsed in the last few years.
    Because a lot of times Pakistani batsman go into their shells against fast bowlers. They block everything and then get out on low scores despite playing a large number of balls. Need a batsman who can keep the scoreboard ticking.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    5,010
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His Akmal genes won't allow him to succeed in international cricket.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,542
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In red hot form, he could be a very useful upper order batsman for 1-2 years. He has done everything humanly possible to earn a call back.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    23,012
    Mentioned
    831 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One swallow doesn't make a summer.

    I'd wait and see if Kamran can perform to this level for the rest of the tournament.


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  75. #75
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Put a man on the cut and bowl short and wide. I can guarantee he will get out every single time. Thats how he was found out in international cricket
    His wicket from the 11' semi-final is still fresh in the mind...


    Now that you feel it, you don't

  76. #76
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    5,787
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Next WC is in 2019

    T20 wc is in 2020

    No point bringing back Kamran. People forget that he averages close to afridi

    Yes there is an argument for the champions trophy, but that is a big gamble and I'd rather gamble on someone that has a future
    T20 WC is in 2018.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    9,527
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    He's not "amazing" against pace. He's a thoroughly average batsman who looks good when his eye is in and is an inferior Shahid Afridi in that regard.

    Man averages 26 in ODIs, barely 20 and 30 in T20s and tests respectively. His career SR isn't that good either. Plus, he's 35 years old.

    I seriously worry about the health of people who want such a huge TTF back in the team. The era of Kamran, Malik, Afridi, Farhat, etc is over. Thank God.
    I think its an embarrassment for our domestic circuit that a 35-year old has-been is head and shoulders above everyone. This notion of Pakistan producing talent has been smashed to pieces over the past two years even for the most die-hard supporter. Watching Amad Butt yesterday, you couldn't help but feel sorry for our future.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    1,026
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, he's not a long term solution.

    Makes no sense to select someone that doesn't have a future.

    Everyone knew Azhar Ali was gonna fail as a skipper in 2015 when he was appointed. We all gave him a chance, but he failed as a skipper and as a batsmen. He JUST hung his captaincy boots but that's 2 years gone that could have been used on someone else (preferably someone who at least merits a spot in the team). 2 years of grooming that have been wasted.

    No point in reselecting Kam if he is only a CT-esque solution. Try other options (Fakhar, Shahzaib) who at least have the time to develop and play for Pak in the long term (if they have talent/promise).

  79. #79
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    708
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here we go again. Fans want Kamran back only to get disappointed once more. The guy has a damn average of 26 after 154 ODIs and we still want him back. We never learn .

  80. #80
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,483
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    LOIs. What do you mean everyone should bat at 4?
    Kamran at #4 in ODIs as well?

    Where do the likes of Sarfraz, Malik, Hafeez play?

    Everyone in our current side wants to bat at 4 and seems to be suited towards 4, be it Sarfraz, Umar, Malik, Hafeez, Haris, even Rizwan. And now we're talking about putting Kamran there.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •