Venue
    Quetta, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Australian cricketers ‘forced’ to load own luggage upon arrival in India

MUMBAI: The Australian cricket team arrived in India for their four-Test series against at the host, but an unusual sight at the airport immediately caught the media spotlight.

As soon as the Aussie players landed at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International airport, Mumbai, they were spotted hauling their own luggage on a tempo, contrary to a normal practice when baggage handlers ensure the kit bags are transported to a vehicle or in the baggage storage area of the team bus.

Name:  SMITH-POST-6.jpg
Views: 3152
Size:  282.7 KB

Name:  SMITH-POST-2.jpg
Views: 3151
Size:  258.5 KB

Name:  SMITH-POST-1.jpg
Views: 3980
Size:  225.9 KB

Name:  SMITH-POST-7.jpg
Views: 3121
Size:  181.2 KB

http://arynews.tv/en/australian-cric...ival-in-india/
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 15th February 2017 at 13:52.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must be a reason to it. I would wait for clarifications before making any comments.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember the good old days where visiting players were treated with garlands and the red powder on their foreheads in India. Aussies were apprehensive of losing their kits maybe

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BCCI has responded to the matter by saying that it was not their job to ensure the loading of the baggage, but it was in fact the job of the support staff members and not the hosting cricket board.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well its the indication that they will have to work really really hard in india.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well atleast now they have an excuse for when they get whitewashed

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good show. When the Indian team tours all these countries, they are treated shabbily -- they get lousy practice facilities / nets, second grade hotels, third/fourth choice teams for practice matches, etc. India needs to start doing the same. Make their life as difficult as possible without being nasty / obnoxious.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Indian hospitality at it's finest.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by English August View Post
    Good show. When the Indian team tours all these countries, they are treated shabbily -- they get lousy practice facilities / nets, second grade hotels, third/fourth choice teams for practice matches, etc. India needs to start doing the same. Make their life as difficult as possible without being nasty / obnoxious.
    Are you sure? The last time I was in AUS, Indian players were in a 5 star hotel in Sydney.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow, never seen this before. Even the bus seems quite cheap.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Toronto-Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Are you sure? The last time I was in AUS, Indian players were in a 5 star hotel in Sydney.
    I might be wrong but I thought visiting teams made their own hotel arrangements or does the home board take care of that?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I wonder how much this has to do with the fact that the BCCI are severely hamstrung at the moment?

Demonetization hasn't helped either. During the England U-19 tour, the allowances for players were delayed because of it.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Unfortunate,now BCCI will blame SC for this mishap but instead should fire off all their host management absolutely disgusting.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL.. This is how it should be from now on-wards.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I feel sorry for the Aussie team, but this video kinda fits the whole thing so well.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Maybe the BCCI is trying to make a point here , 'you take away our ICC revenues , we give you chalk to eat :)

I hear both the teams and accompanying journalists get to fly in bcci-hired charter planes across India for a test tour. All that will vanish if the new financial model comes in to place.

John 3:16

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not Aus specifically, but once I watched an Ind-Eng ODI game at Bristol. I happened to be in Bristol then, and the Indian team was in a 2/3 star hotel. They stay in much better hotels while in India (Oberoi, Taj West End, etc.)

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People just looking for masala where there is none:

Historically, logistical assistance is provided to visiting teams when requested based on the terms set in the Memorandum of Understanding signed between two cricket boards.
    A BCCI official told India Today: "We had porters to help the Australian team with luggage but they said they were happy to do their own thing."
    No report in any Australian media .. but Indian tabloids and Pakistani media are having a field day

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    Maybe the BCCI is trying to make a point here , 'you take away our ICC revenues , we give you chalk to eat

I hear both the teams and accompanying journalists get to fly in bcci-hired charter planes across India for a test tour. All that will vanish if the new financial model comes in to place.
    Fair enough, but even if that's the case, BCCI should have informed CA about taking away all those favors. From the looks of it, Aussies had no clue about it.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We don't even let our guests hold their own luggage even for 2 minutes when they visit our home and here an international cricket team has to load their own luggage.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekcirc View Post
    Historically, logistical assistance is provided to visiting teams when requested based on the terms set in the Memorandum of Understanding signed between two cricket boards. A BCCI official told India Today: "We had porters to help the Australian team with luggage but they said they were happy to do their own thing."
    There you go, needless controversy from Desi media.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply pathetic.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the looks of it, Aussies had no clue about it.
    "Aussies had no clue about it" is something you'll hear quite often over the next few weeks -- both on and off the field.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MABA View Post
    I might be wrong but I thought visiting teams made their own hotel arrangements or does the home board take care of that?
    The home board takes care of the accommodations as per the wishes of the visiting team.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think bcci is cash trapped. I have read that under 19 players inspite of staying in oberoi hotel they are eating outside like footpaths as bcci is not paying them Daily allowances of around 5k rupees. One under 19 player said meal costs a min of 2k rupees and they dont have that much money

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget the luggage, look at the state of the bus.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    Simply pathetic.
    How is it pathetic? Bcci is not in control of finances as under 19 players are not getting daily allowances also and they r eating outside in roadside restaurants as they cannot afford oberoi meals

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be looked after by the Supreme court appointed group as the present Bcci is helpless

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    How is it pathetic? Bcci is not in control of finances as under 19 players are not getting daily allowances also and they r eating outside in roadside restaurants as they cannot afford oberoi meals
    This is what they want us to think,will they do the same for Indian senior team,want to see them do this to Kohli,Dhoni,Yuvi. Filmsy excuse at best to make everyone think its SC's fault.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
    Forget the luggage, look at the state of the bus.
    This is not a bus. This is a TATA Tempo which is used to transport goods everyday.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    This is what they want us to think,will they do the same for Indian senior team,want to see them do this to Kohli,Dhoni,Yuvi. Filmsy excuse at best to make everyone think its SC's fault.
    Why would bcci not disburse money for under 19 players for their daily needs ?

Senior players match money also is pending is what i read some where.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    This is not a bus. This is a TATA Tempo which is used to transport goods everyday.
    # no 4 picture.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    I wonder how much this has to do with the fact that the BCCI are severely hamstrung at the moment?

Demonetization hasn't helped either. During the England U-19 tour, the allowances for players were delayed because of it.
    Absolutely. But why give them benifit of doubt as they r evil any way?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What a national shame. Giving a bad name to india across the cricket world. is this the way to treat international guests when we are known to have a culture where guests are to be treated like Gods. #NotMyIndia

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In india it is not that tough to find 2 labours and give them 200 rupees each to load the luggage. Infact all these tempos have a helper but in the pictures we can't see any. SC has nothing to do with this.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why would bcci not disburse money for under 19 players for their daily needs ?

Senior players match money also is pending is what i read some where.
    Because they are making it to be an issue,they made similar noises during English team visit as well when Sc had to clarify,If I was SC appointed person right now I would fire the host management if there exists one.

This was mighty embarrassing and sad thing is this is yesterday's news on HT.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Boo hooo no big deal

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    In india it is not that tough to find 2 labours and give them 200 rupees each to load the luggage. Infact all these tempos have a helper but in the pictures we can't see any. SC has nothing to do with this.
    That according to BCCI they provided some porters but Aus team refused as they would do it themselves and SC has nothing to do with it but BCCI will showcase it like that.

I hate the SC too but this is unprofessional.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its a big shame but I know BCCI can't be blamed

What a farce.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because they are making it to be an issue,they made similar noises during English team visit as well when Sc had to clarify,If I was SC appointed person right now I would fire the host management if there exists one.

This was mighty embarrassing and sad thing is this is yesterday's news on HT.
    What is embarrassing ? A court interfering into only one professional sports administration and made it a laughing stock in front of whole world isnt it? but this one is embarrassing

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What is embarrassing ? A court interfering into only one professional sports administration and made it a laughing stock in front of whole world isnt it? but this one is embarrassing
    I dislike the SC as well and what they have done but this is not a way to do it ,if there was an issue the management should had contacted the SC appointed person and conveyed their issues to CA management *** well.
    This is unprofessional and there is absolutely no excuse unless BCCI already communicated it to CA.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dislike the SC as well and what they have done but this is not a way to do it ,if there was an issue the management should had contacted the SC appointed person and conveyed their issues to CA management *** well.
    This is unprofessional and there is absolutely no excuse unless BCCI already communicated it to CA.
    Sir bcci hospitality is legendary. With sc involvement it is now a laughing stock

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sir bcci hospitality is legendary. With sc involvement it is now a laughing stock
    Are you saying they couldn't afford to give them a bus and some genuine welcome?Mate BCCI might be cash strapped and they are not stopped from spending money,the problem is no one is questioning them and if genuine people actually asked they would be questioned right now for this mishap.

This is the excuse given for now not sure how suddenly they had this policy.

However, it is learnt that the BCCI has no role in providing loaders to visiting teams. It is also the case when the Indian team travels outside the country where loading the luggage is the responsibility of the support staff members and not of the hosting cricket board.
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/cricke...b6XIPKqBL.html

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you saying they couldn't afford to give them a bus and some genuine welcome?Mate BCCI might be cash strapped and they are not stopped from spending money,the problem is no one is questioning them and if genuine people actually asked they would be questioned right now for this mishap.

This is the excuse given for now not sure how suddenly they had this policy.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/cricke...b6XIPKqBL.html
    Why dont u question sc when bcci was not able to make payments to under 19 players and staff?

What r the supreme court appointees doing? Can they not do anything?

I heard that in ddca also a judge mudgal is given responsibility and he looked after everything like cleaning of toilets, seating arrangements and what not.

What r the new guys appointed by sc doing any way?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In Ind that is the equivalent of a 1 star hotel. The Indian players were seething with anger that it didn't smell like home.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    Simply pathetic.
    For loading or unloading your own luggage? These are cricketers not royalty, pathetic is the response of many posters who think that doing such an ordinary chore is newsworthy

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Maybe it was a deliberate choice made by the Australians? Maybe they didn't want Indians handling their luggage and wanted to make sure it was in Aussie hands and/or under the supervision of Aussies all the time. They probably arrived via an Australian airline and thus had no qualms whilst the luggage was in the plane's hold.

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No big deal in a "civilized" part of my world

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not the shining India you would expect

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    For loading or unloading your own luggage? These are cricketers not royalty, pathetic is the response of many posters who think that doing such an ordinary chore is newsworthy
    When's the next time we'll see pictures of Kohli and Ashwin stood in the back of a truck loading their 50+ bags into it out of interest?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why dont u question sc when bcci was not able to make payments to under 19 players and staff?

What r the supreme court appointees doing? Can they not do anything?

I heard that in ddca also a judge mudgal is given responsibility and he looked after everything like cleaning of toilets, seating arrangements and what not.

What r the new guys appointed by sc doing any way?
    If you want SC appointed administrators to take care of everything then BCCI just handle them the accounts and walk off,they are a professional organization and auditors and administrators are assigned to them ,in this case I can only question BCCI if they have to defer it to SC then let them do so and we can hear SC's reply on the same.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want SC appointed administrators to take care of everything then BCCI just handle them the accounts and walk off,they are a professional organization and auditors and administrators are assigned to them ,in this case I can only question BCCI if they have to defer it to SC then let them do so and we can hear SC's reply on the same.
    The accounts are under sc control right now isn't it? For everything they need to get sc approval if u dont know already

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly surprised to see Indian posters defending this. I genuinely thought hospitality was a sub-continental thing but looks like I was wrong. Indians are taking both good and bad things from the West and forgetting their own values..

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The accounts are under sc control right now isn't it? For everything they need to get sc approval if u dont know already
    But that's not the excuse BCCI gave now is it?They said tourists are supposed to take care of it themselves.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I dont think there is anything wrong with players lifting their own load...but seriously this is not sub continental hospitality we had better standards and that was a wonderful thing..I dont think it will overload the budget of Indian board if they had someone to help players.

Quite poor to be honest.

جاگن والیاں رجّ کے لٹیا اے،
    سوئے تسیں وی او، سوئے اسیں وی آں۔

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's not something important. Everybody lifts their own bags. Nobody got injured.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhump View Post
    I dont think there is anything wrong with players lifting their own load...but seriously this is not sub continental hospitality we had better standards and that was a wonderful thing..I dont think it will overload the budget of Indian board if they had someone to help players.

Quite poor to be honest.
    Sir u have to understand that these are special situations in which bcci is dismantled and they have no powers right now

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That bus looks like it also hauls cattle.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Sir u have to understand that these are special situations in which bcci is dismantled and they have no powers right now
    Someone from management staff BCCI employees etc could have handled the situation a little better....I understand that situation is not normal at the moment, but I feel that whole thing could have been handled a little better. I mean it looked really sad how Warner was loading stuff in truck.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The video is on CA fb page and one can see that there is a person in the truck inside who is arranging the bag,apprently according to Maxi because it was going to take a long time they all decided to chip in.

Now why would Ary news only show pics only from one side which is their prerogative but atleast they could had covered CAs version of the story too.

Bcci should had done better arrangements though.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hang your head in shame BCCI for such lousy arrangements.

Standards have been falling for sure under new BCCI administrators. In the ongoing Zonal T20 trophy, players kit and ground conditions ( at Wankhede Stadium , Mumbai) look absolutely pathetic. Then there are issues in ongoingInd and Eng U-19 series 9n daily allowances. Far too many goof ups.

BCCI administrators should politely say sorry to Aussies for this incompetence.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post

Standards have been falling for sure under new BCCI administrators. In the ongoing Zonal T20 trophy, players kit and ground conditions ( at Wankhede Stadium , Mumbai) look absolutely pathetic. Then there are issues in ongoingInd and Eng U-19 series 9n daily allowances. Far too many goof ups.

U mean sc appointed supervisors right?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Honestly surprised to see Indian posters defending this. I genuinely thought hospitality was a sub-continental thing but looks like I was wrong. Indians are taking both good and bad things from the West and forgetting their own values..
    not all Indian posters are defending this. majority are feeling ashamed of this episode. with this episode India did give bad name to hospitality of sub-continent for which India should be ashamed

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah my heart bleeds. These international cricketers getting more money in a month than the average guy does in a year have to load their own luggage. What is happening to this world? Wonder what tragedy is next

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    In Ind that is the equivalent of a 1 star hotel. The Indian players were seething with anger that it didn't smell like home.
    The smell of victory, we Indians are just getting spoiled smelling that at home all the time.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2012 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhump View Post

Quite poor to be honest.
    What is this subcontinental hospitality you speak of, I haven't seen any of it. I demand special treatment from now on

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The coolie's must have been on strike or something. After all "saari duniya ka bhoj hum oothathe hein" as the Big B once sang.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't believe some Indian posters have to defend India no matter what

This is not the 'desi' way. When a relative visits from abroad we run to take the luggage of their hands, load it into the car ourselves and make them feel as welcome as possible.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    814 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post

Not sure about the policy...something feels off. You don't see visiting teams doing this in India.

This post is probably the most bang on target.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    814 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    If the Aussies really wanted to do this, then that's their call.

But the truck they load into looks so cheap and dirty which seems odd.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    What is this subcontinental hospitality you speak of, I haven't seen any of it. I demand special treatment from now on
    Well jokes apart I guess you are aware of treatment mostly subcontinent people have with their guests...We are costumed to take care of guests as much as possible even when you cant even afford if both countries have religious saying like.

Guest is like reflection of God.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In the old days India used to prepare dodgy meals #delhibelly

Now they have evolved into giving players dodgy trucks #tuktukfail

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What's the big deal?? Probably took like 10 minutes, hardly much effort.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2012 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    In the old days India used to prepare dodgy meals #delhibelly

Now they have evolved into giving players dodgy trucks #tuktukfail
    More like #truktruk fail

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Mental disintegration.

Aussies feeling the heat.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    When's the next time we'll see pictures of Kohli and Ashwin stood in the back of a truck loading their 50+ bags into it out of interest?

This isnt the job of the host board but of the logistics team of the visiting board.BCCI has a dedicated logistics managerial team for the Indian Team.They tour with the Indian Team.

Secondly BCCI clarified that they had arranged porters but Cricketers refused.

Unless ofcourse only ARY Tv speaks the truth.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post

This is not the 'desi' way. When a relative visits from abroad we run to take the luggage of their hands, load it into the car ourselves and make them feel as welcome as possible.
    The Australian players aren't relatives or friends that need to be welcomed with open arms. They are the opposition camp.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by English August View Post
    The Australian players aren't relatives or friends that need to be welcomed with open arms. They are the opposition camp.
    Lol they are coming to play cricket in your country not waging a war.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh Boy!! match say phialay to zalil na karoo...

This truck looks as old as India, they want to teach them cultural lesson

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Lol they are coming to play cricket in your country not waging a war.
    Indeed. So no one is trying to kill them, are they? Just getting them to load their own luggage. What's the big deal? I do that all the time.

Why go out of your way to make them feel nice? They don't do that when the Indian team visits Aus.