User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

"I urge Najam Sethi and PCB to give more support to Pakistan's disabled cricketers" : Farhan Saeed

All-rounder Farhan Saeed has played 8 international matches for the Pakistan Disabled Cricket Team and has become famous for his performances with bat and ball despite his disability.

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion.net, Farhan spoke about the nature of his disability and how he overcame many hurdles to become one of Pakistan's leading disabled cricketers, talks about the memorable moments of his career so far, difficulties faced by disabled cricketers and about his future plans.

PakPassion.net: Tell us about the nature of your disability and how you developed an interest in cricket.

Farhan Saeed:
    I was afflicted with polio at the age of 2 and as a result, I became disabled from a very young age. But as I grew up, I used to watch other kids play cricket which was a game I loved. I wanted to play just like them and I had this wish to be like the Pakistan players who commanded so much admiration and respect around the world. I also wanted an opportunity to serve the nation just like our cricket stars have done in the past and that I suppose was what drove me to pursue my love for this game.

PakPassion.net: It must have been difficult to pursue an interest in cricket given your disability.

Farhan Saeed:
    I would comeback from school every day and join in with kids in my area to play cricket near my home in Korangi, Karachi. Initially, I was told by them that cricket was not a suitable game for a person of my abilities but when I insisted to play, they tried to make special concessions for me. So, they would bowl slow and throw the ball at me from a shorter distance to make my life easier. This happened for a while and to be honest, it was very disheartening to be treated like that. In my mind, I was equal to them all and to tell you the truth, I started to have doubts about my abilities as well. But in the end, my enthusiasm for the game took over. I told them to bowl as fast as they wanted to and not give me any special treatment as I was not afraid of any bowler. They agreed, and I would then play alongside able-bodied cricketers as normal. Later on, when I was eighteen, one bowler from our area, who considered himself very quick told me, ‘Look, if you can play my bowling then we will consider you a proper player’. He bowled to me and I hit his first ball for six and from that point in my mind, I was convinced that I was no less than any other cricket player in the world.

PakPassion.net: Cricket was important, but did you complete your education too?

Farhan Saeed:
    I had told my father who had a tailoring business that I was interested in educating myself. He was fine with that and I studied until year 8 but due to family circumstances, l had to leave education and then worked in a local factory for a few years. After that, I joined a company and I am still working there. Also, my family keep me busy as I am married with three children as well.

PakPassion.net: How did you join the Pakistan Disabled Cricket Team?

Farhan Saeed:
    In 2007, I was told of trials for the Pakistan Disabled Cricket Team at the National Stadium, Karachi. I had never played with a hard ball before, so this was a big challenge for me, but I wasn’t afraid. With the Grace of God, I was selected, and I was very fortunate to have people like Mohammad Nizam who was our media manager who looked after all of us like his own children and made sure that all our needs were looked after.

PakPassion.net: What is your stronger suit, bowling or batting?

Farhan Saeed:
    I was initially selected in the squad for my fast-bowling, but I really like to bat and bowl. I feel that I am equally proficient in both facets of the game.

PakPassion.net: What is the most memorable or interesting incident in your career?

Farhan Saeed:
    We were invited to play a series of 3 matches in Islamabad against a local team. In one of the games, I had to dive and take a catch which left everyone on both teams speechless. The dive to take the catch was such that the bowler had tears of happiness in his eyes due to my effort. You cannot forget such moments as they bring so much happiness to me when I think about them.

PakPassion.net: The Pakistan Disabled Cricket Team has also played against teams of able-bodied players. Do you recall any interesting episodes from such games?

Farhan Saeed:
    We went to Malaysia and Singapore on a tour in 2010 to play games against a local club of able-bodied cricketers. Of the 5 games we played, 3 were in Malaysia and 2 were played in Singapore. Whilst we did really well to defeat the team in Malaysia in all 3 games, we weren’t that successful in the Singapore leg of our trip as we lost both games there. But in Singapore we were up against a team which was coached by the former Sri Lanka international Marvan Atapattu who could not believe his eyes as our bowlers were taking wickets against his team. He was very cross with his players, constantly taunting them that they were struggling against a team of disabled players. He told all of us that by looking at the way the team was playing, it did not seem that we were a team of disabled players.

PakPassion.net: The series against England in 2012 was very significant for the Pakistan Disabled Cricket squad, tell us about that significance of the series?

Farhan Saeed:
    This series against England was very important for us, as this was the first time in history that such a series was played between 2 disabled sides. I am very proud to say that the Pakistan Disabled Cricket Association (PDCA) is the pioneer of this type of cricket for the disabled, with England being the second country to follow the PDCA's lead in this regard. I would also like to add that only four national disabled cricket teams are recognised around the world by their boards and we are one of them. This was the dream our founder and President Mr. Saleem Kareem who was also the first captain of the Pakistan Disabled Cricket Team and its only financial sponsor. He was also accompanied in his efforts by our Media manager, Mohammad Nizam.

Coming to the actual series against England, we played 2 T20s and 3 One-Day (40 Overs) matches at the ICC Global Cricket Academy in Dubai. Our team won the T20 series by a margin of 2-0 and the One-Day series by defeating England's Physical Disability by a margin of 2-1. I had the honour to bowl the first ball of this series and regardless of the result, the friendships we made with the England team members are something I will cherish forever.

PakPassion.net: Can you tell us about your picture which is featuring on advertisements in the UK?

Farhan Saeed:
    The England Physical Disability team manager had known about me since the tour of Dubai in 2012 and was impressed by me. He recently called our manager Mr. Amir Uddin Ansari and asked him for permission on behalf of NatWest Bank to put my picture as part of a promotion in the UK. We said yes as that was a great honour for me, but this in itself shows how considerate and principled the people are in the UK that they thought it right to ask me before using my picture. Can we imagine that happening in Pakistan? My pictures are constantly used without asking and without recognition of the work I have done.

PakPassion.net: Do you feel that disabled cricketers in Pakistan get enough respect by the people in power?

Farhan Saeed:
    I will be brutally honest and say that in Pakistan, there is only respect for connections and money. No one really cares about the talent or skills of any player in any type of sport. Whatever the disabled cricketers have achieved is purely based on their own personal efforts and without any help from anyone. In the 2012 Dubai trip where we played England, both Pakistan and England teams who were busy in their own series came to see us in action and the England team were told that I was a very dangerous bowler. I was so impressed by this as I saw a team from a foreign land so impressed by my skills yet in my own home, so few people know about us.

PakPassion.net: Is a lack of sponsors a problem for Pakistan's disabled players?

Farhan Saeed:
    Let me tell you that the first ever World Championship for physically disabled cricketers is coming up in 2019 and we are glad that the PCB is supporting us in preparations for that tournament. Obviously, what we need are more sponsors to come forward and pledge their support for this team. In addition, we would be glad if we could get more support for the PDCA and disabled players from the PCB and other sponsors throughout the year and not just for special events. This would be similar to what the ECB provides to its disabled players and how sponsors in the UK support their players. I urge Najam Sethi and the PCB to give more support to Pakistan's disabled cricketers.

PakPassion.net: What are the difficulties that are hindering progress of disability cricket in Pakistan?

Farhan Saeed:
    There is no shortage of enthusiasm amongst disabled players to work hard and succeed for the country and themselves. However, where we lack is in the facilities and equipment which are the basics for any disabled person to progress in sports. To give you an example, during the series against England, one of their players had such a high quality artificial leg that he chased the ball from the keeper’s position to the boundary and stopped it from going for four runs. In a similar situation one of our players tried to give chase, but his artificial leg came off and he fell on his face and was screaming in pain. An improvement in the type of equipment we disabled players have access to will make a huge difference to how we play, and the quality of our lives. Also, what will be useful will be the presence of sponsors who can help players financially whilst they serve the nation by playing cricket.

PakPassion.net: What future plans do you have given that you are now 34 years of age?

Farhan Saeed:
    I have so far represented my country in 8 international matches, taking 10 wickets and have scored 85 runs. The most important objective for me is to continue to serve my country with honour and dignity. I will play until the day I cannot do any more. Whenever I retire or am asked to leave, I will offer my services as a bowling and fielding coach to continue serving this team and nation which has given me so much love and care.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 22nd December 2017 at 18:43.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good interview.Really sheds light on the state disabled cricket in Pakistan and in general.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great interview... inspiring story.
    Hope PCB realise that they are also humans and starts investing more for their game

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    A real hero.

Lovely to read and wish him all the best for the future.

PCB can waste millions on free trips for employees and others, how about providing better salaries for these cricketers.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inspirational. That's why we love cricket. Unites everybody. PCB should really do all they can to help disabled cricketers.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inspirational story....these guys must be given proper chances,

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    I am not one to complain about when certain threads do not get attention but the situation with Disability Cricket in Pakistan can be explained by the lack of replies in this thread too.

I cannot imagine the pain and suffering these players go through to maintain their enthusiasm for the game and must feel bad for the players.

I pray and hope that attitudes change.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    6th National Disabled T-20 Cricket Championship
    Starts From 1st Of January On Monday: Rashid Latif

Karachi (Sports Reporter): The former Pakistan Captain and President Pakistan disabled cricket Association (PDCA) Rashid Latif has launched the 6th National Disabled T-20 Cricket Championship which will be starts from first of January on Monday simoustanly at RLCA and TMC ground gulberg. President PDCA Rashid Latif added that it is the first event of the under the new management and new board of directors I am very hopeful that this will be a memorable and very successful event as PDCA did past. He further said we need to do work hard and should give our fully assistance in each and every department for the more success and achievement, President PDCA said we are very thankful to Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and Patron PDCA Saleem Karim for the guidance and supported to PDCA at National and International level .

The 6th edition of National Disabled T-20 Cricket Championship Group “A” and “B” matches will starts on Monday first January 2018 9:30 a.m. at RLCA Ground Gulberg and TMC ground total eight teams included title defender Multan will complete in the first face which has been divided in two groups. The Tournament being organized by Pakistan Disabled Cricket Association (PDCA). Recognized and supported by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

According to the Hon. Secretary PDCA AmirUddin Ansari the league matches which will continue till January 3rd. Two times defending Champion Multan Disabled Team will defend the title and hungry for the hat-trick. Faisalabad team take on Quetta disabled Team in inaugural match 9:30 a.m. at RLCA Ground Gulberg in group”A”, Hyderabad will face Quetta Bolan Disabled team 9:30 a.m. at TMC ground Gulberg in group'B”. In the evening fixture in group”A” host Karachi Disabled team will take on Bhawalpur 1:30 p.m. at RLCA Gulberg while Multan will meet Sargodha 1:30 p.m. at TMC ground Gulberg in Group”B”.

In Group“C” and Group “D” the eight others regional team will complete on league basis in the month of February 2018 in Rawalpindi and Islamabad and Final will be played in Karachi later.

Others “A” and “B” group matches Schedule: 2nd Jan Quetta Disabled Cricket Team VS Karachi Disabled Team 9:30 a.m at RLCA gulberg ground, Sargodha Disabled Cricket Team VS Quetta Bolan Disabled Cricket Team 9:30 a.m at TMC ground, Faisalabad Disabled Cricket team VS Bhawalpur Disabled Cricket team 1:30 p.m. at RLCA Gulberg ground, Multan Disabled team VS Hyderabad Disabled cricket team 1:30 p.m at TMC ground, 3rd January Quetta Disabled cricket team VS Bhawalpur Disabled team 9:30 a.m at RLCA Gulberg ground, Hyderabad Disabled team vs Sargodha Disabled Team 9:30 a.m at TMC ground, Karachi Disabled Team1:30 p.m at RLCA gulberg ground and Multan Disabled Team 1:30 p.m at TMC ground.

Two top Team of the both groups will play in the Semi-Final on 4th January 2018 9:30 a.m at RLCA Gulberg Ground.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    PDCA Announced 8 Participating Teams For the 1st Phase of 6th National Disabled T-20 Cricket Championship

Karachi: (Sports Reporter): PDCA has been announced 8 Participating Teams for 1st Phase of 6th National Disabled T-20 Cricket Championship the Group”A” and”B' Participating Eight Regional Disabled Teams. Karachi, Hyderabad, Multan, Quetta, Quetta Bolan, Faisalabad, Bahawalpur, Sargodha which will be compete in Group “A” and “B” on league basis. The league matches till January 3rd while the two top team of each group will meet in the Semi Final on 4th of January Thursday at RLCA ground Gulberg.

Meanwhile the 8 other Region Disabled Teams including Islamabad, Lahore, Azad Kashmir, FATA, Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Abbottabad and Sialkot will compete in the second phase of the event in February at Rawalpindi/Islamabad while the two top team will be played in the Semi Final while the Final of the event will be played in Karachi the date will announced later.

TEAMS HYDERABAD DISABLE CRICKET TEAM Abdul Jabbar,Babar Ali,Hamza,Danish,Tayyab Ali,Faheem Wasan,Aqib Ali,Taufail Abro,Ubaid Pathan,Abdul Rehman,Tauseef Ahmed,Yasir Ali,Mohammad Javed,Noman Ali,Adil Ali khan,Iqbal Malik (Manager) and Arshad Navaid (Coach)

BAHAWALPUR DISABLED TEAM Tanveer Hussain,(C),Marghoob Alam,Muhammad Shahzad,Muhammad(VC),Nazim,Gul Hussain,Adnan Waqar,Asif,Muhammad Lal,Muhammad Abid,Ghulam Mustafa,Abdul Khaliq,Ameer bin Javed,Taimoor Khan,Ali Ahmed,Muhammad Sufiyan,Muhammad Bilal (Coach cum Manager)

FAISALABAD DISABLED TEAM Wasif ur Rehman(c),Adnan Butt (v.c),Rehan Ghani Mirza,Adnan Ali ,Muhammad Waqas ,Muhammad Saqlain,Muhammad Asif ,Mian Anam u Allah Khan Bhatti ,Khuram Shahzad ,Muhammad Arslan Arif ,Sajad Akbar ,Bilal Hussain ,Abdullah Mubashar ,Muhammad Amir Sohail ,Samir Ashraf ,Najaf (Coach cum Manager)

MULTAN DISABLED TEAM Matloob Qureshi,(C),Jahanzaib Tiwana,Umaiz ur Rehman,(VC),Zubair Saleem,Majid Hussain,Muhammad Haris,Muhammad Asif,Farhan Ali,Abdul Manan,Muhammad Sarfaraz,Muhammad Babar,Tahir,Muhammad Saqib,Muhammad Imran,Allah Data,Mansoor Lateefi (Coach cum Manager)

SARGODHA DISABLED TEAM Khawar Ali (C),Hafiz Irshad Hussain ,Shujahat Ali (w/k),Ahsan Khalil ,Muhammad Zahir,Zaffar Hussnain,Mustaffa Khalil,Muhammad Shoaib ,Muhammad Akram,Muhammad Yousaf,Asad Ali,Ali Raza,Zeeshan Amjad,Saif Ullah ,Muhammad Hussnain,Muhammad Aslam (Coach cum Manager)

KARACHI DISABLED TEAM Ameer ahmed(C),rao javaid,danish ahmed,arif Richard,Muhammad zeeshan,ali raza,haroon rasheed,abdul rehman,ahmed raza,ishaq junior,Muhammad kalam,ali askar,iqbal hussain,noman shabbier,farhan saeed,Muhammad Anas,Saeed Ali (Manager),Asif Mehmood (Coach)

QUETTA DISABLED CRICKET TEAM Abdullah Khan (C),Saifullah Khan (v.c),Nusratullah,Nizam Baloch,Ali Bakhsh,Abdul Sattar,Allauddin,Shahid Khan,Shabaz Khan,Abdul Hameed,Abdul Hadi,Sohail Khan,Sher Ahmad,Javed Khan,Ulas Yar ,Fareed Kamal (manager),Alam Jamaldini (coach)

QUETTA BOLAN DISABLED CRICKET TEAM M. Qasim ( c ),Abdul Manan,Zaheer Ahmad, Muhammad Iqbal,Siraj Khan,Shah Khalid,Arsalan,Mehbood,Waheed Khan,Umer Farooq,Jahangir,Marvia,Muhammad Ali,Noman ,Fawad,Zafeer Rashid (Coach).
    Last edited by MenInG; 29th December 2017 at 11:21.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    RASHID LATIF TO INUAGURATE 6TH NATIONAL DISABLED T-20 CRICKET CHAMPIONSHIP TOMORROW ON MONDAY JANUARY 1ST AT RLCA GULBERG.

KARACHI: Former Pakistan Captain & President PDCA Rashid Latif will inaugurate the 6th National Disabled T-20 Cricket Championship at the Rashid Latif cricket academy Ground Gulberg 1st January 2018 12:30 pm on Monday.
    On the opening day Faisalabad Disabled team will face Quetta Disabled Team 9:30 am at RLCA while Hyderabad Disabled Team will meet Quetta Bolan Disabled team at TMC ground Gulberg 9:30 a.m. in other matches at RLCA Gulberg 1:30 pm Host Karachi Disabled team will face Bahawalpur Disabled team while at TMC ground Defending champion Multan Disabled team will meet Sargodha Disabled team at 1:30 p.m.

According to PDCA Hon. Secretary Amiruddin Ansari, Former captain Pakistan cricket team & President PDCA Rashid Latif will be the chief guest and will Inaugurates the event with Patron PDCA Saleem Karim the PDCA Bored of Directors and others and others sports dignitaries will also attend the opening ceremony.

The league matches which will continue till January 3rd. Two times defending Champion Multan Disabled Team will defend the title and hungry for the hat-trick. Faisalabad team take on Quetta disabled Team in inaugural match 9:30 a.m. at RLCA Ground Gulberg in group “A”, Hyderabad will face Quetta Bolan Disabled team 9:30 a.m. at TMC ground Gulberg in group “B”. In the evening fixture in group “A” host Karachi Disabled team will take on Bahawalpur 1:30 p.m. at RLCA Gulberg while Multan will meet Sargodha 1:30 p.m. at TMC ground Gulberg in Group “B”.

In Group “C” and Group “D” the eight others regional team will compete on league basis in the month of February 2018 in Rawalpindi and Islamabad and Final will be played in Karachi later.
    Group “A” consist on Karachi, Faisalabad, Quetta and Bahawalpur while group “B” consist on Multan, Hyderabad, Quetta Bolan and Sargodha.

Others “A” and “B” group matches Schedule: 2nd Jan Quetta Disabled Cricket Team VS Karachi Disabled Team 9:30 a.m. at RLCA gulberg ground, Sargodha Disabled Cricket Team VS Quetta Bolan Disabled Cricket Team 9:30 a.m. at TMC ground, Faisalabad Disabled Cricket team VS Bahawalpur Disabled Cricket team 1:30 p.m. at RLCA Gulberg ground, Multan Disabled team VS Hyderabad Disabled cricket team 1:30 p.m. at TMC ground, 3rd January Quetta Disabled cricket team VS Bahawalpur Disabled team 9:30 a.m. at RLCA Gulberg ground, Hyderabad Disabled team VS Sargodha Disabled Team 9:30 a.m. at TMC ground, Karachi Disabled Team1:30 p.m. at RLCA gulberg ground and Multan Disabled Team 1:30 p.m. at TMC ground.

Two top Team of the both groups will play in the Semi-Final on 4th January 2018 9:30 a.m. at RLCA Gulberg Ground.

TEAMS HYDERABAD DISABLE CRICKET TEAM Abdul Jabbar,Babar Ali,Hamza,Danish,Tayyab Ali,Faheem Wasan,Aqib Ali,Taufail Abro,Ubaid Pathan,Abdul Rehman,Tauseef Ahmed,Yasir Ali,Mohammad Javed,Noman Ali,Adil Ali khan,Iqbal Malik (Coach cum Manager)

BAHAWALPUR DISABLED TEAM Tanveer Hussain,(C),Marghoob Alam,Muhammad Shahzad(VC),Nazim,Gul Hussain,Adnan Waqar,Asif,Muhammad Lal,Muhammad Abid,Ghulam Mustafa,Abdul Khaliq,Ameer bin Javed,Taimoor Khan,Ali Ahmed,Muhammad Sufiyan,Muhammad Bilal (Coach cum Manager)

FAISALABAD DISABLED TEAM Wasif ur Rehman(c),Adnan Butt (v.c),Rehan Ghani Mirza,Adnan Ali ,Muhammad Waqas ,Muhammad Saqlain,Muhammad Asif ,Mian Anam u Allah Khan Bhatti ,Khuram Shahzad ,Muhammad Arslan Arif ,Sajad Akbar ,Bilal Hussain ,Abdullah Mubashar ,Muhammad Amir Sohail ,Samir Ashraf ,Najaf (Coach cum Manager)

MULTAN DISABLED TEAM Matloob Qureshi,(C),Jahanzaib Tiwana,Umaiz ur Rehman,(VC),Zubair Saleem,Majid Hussain,Muhammad Haris,Muhammad Asif,Farhan Ali,Abdul Manan,Muhammad Sarfaraz,Muhammad Babar,Tahir,Muhammad Saqib,Muhammad Imran,Allah Data,Mansoor Lateefi (Coach cum Manager)

SARGODHA DISABLED TEAM Khawar Ali (C),Hafiz Irshad Hussain ,Shujahat Ali (w/k),Ahsan Khalil ,Muhammad Zahir,Zaffar Hussnain,Mustaffa Khalil,Muhammad Shoaib ,Muhammad Akram,Muhammad Yousaf,Asad Ali,Ali Raza,Zeeshan Amjad,Saif Ullah ,Muhammad Hussnain,Muhammad Aslam (Coach cum Manager)

KARACHI DISABLED TEAM Ameer ahmed(C),rao javaid,danish ahmed,arif Richard,Muhammad zeeshan,ali raza,haroon rasheed,abdul rehman,ahmed raza,ishaq junior,Muhammad kalam,ali askar,iqbal hussain,noman shabbier,farhan saeed,Muhammad Anas,Saeed Ali (Manager),Qamber Ali (Coach)

QUETTA DISABLED CRICKET TEAM Abdullah Khan (C),Saifullah Khan (v.c),Nusratullah,Nizam Baloch,Ali Bakhsh,Abdul Sattar,Allauddin,Shahid Khan,Shabaz Khan,Abdul Hameed,Abdul Hadi,Sohail Khan,Sher Ahmad,Javed Khan,Ulas Yar ,Fareed Kamal (manager),Alam Jamaldini (coach)

QUETTA BOLAN DISABLED CRICKET TEAM M. Qasim ( c ),Abdul Manan,Zaheer Ahmad, Muhammad Iqbal,Siraj Khan,Shah Khalid,Arsalan,Mehbood,Waheed Khan,Umer Farooq,Jahangir,Marvia,Muhammad Ali,Noman ,Fawad,Zafeer Rashid (Coach).

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I sent this interview to Najam Sethi....no reply or acknowledgement from him.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    (Press Release)
    FAISALABAD, HYDERABAD, KARACHI AND MULTAN WON THEIR MATCHES IN INAUGURAL DAY OF 6TH NATIONAL DISABLED T-20 CRICKET CHAMPIONSHIP

Karachi (Sports Reporter): Faisalabad Disabled Cricket Team beat Quetta Disabled Team by 8 wickets, Hyderabad Disabled Team beat Quetta Bolan Disabled Team by 34 runs, Karachi defeated Bahawalpur Disabled Team by 8 wickets while defending Championship Multan Disabled Team beat Sargodha Disabled Teams by 8 wickets in the opening day of 6th National Disabled T-20 Cricket Championship at Rashid Latif Cricket Academy and TMC Ground Gulberg here on Monday.

Earlier they Opening Ceremony of 6th National Disabled T-20 Cricket Championship was held at RLCA Ground Gulberg. On the occasion former Pakistan Captain and President PDCA Rashid Latif was the Chief Guest and Formerly inaugurate, Petron PDCA Saleem Karim, Zeeshan Altaf Loya, Aslam Bareach and Media Manager Muhammad Nizam were also spoken on the occasion.

Hon. Secretary PDCA Amir Uddin Ansari, Prof. Ejaz Farooqui, Asif Ali Khan, Rahat Ali Shah, Javed Ahmed Khan, Jameel Ahmed, Board of Directors PDCA Khawar Aziz, Dr. Noman Palikar, Fawwad Mustafa, Sadiq Khatri, Imran Khan, Javed Amin, Muhammad Javed and Shouqat Rajput, Tahir Mehmood, Masroor Muhammad, Kaleem Alam, Rahat Ali Shah were also present on the occasion.

Chief Guest former Captain Rashid Latif thanks to the PCB for the supporting to PDCA and he also invite to the others sponsors to support PDCA like normal cricket we also very thankful to over Petron and founder Disabled Cricket Saleem Karim who supported this noble cause from 2017 to till. He also appreciated to efforts of Hon. Secretary PDCA Amir Uddin Ansari and Media Manager Muhammad Nizam for excellent services for the Disabled Cricketers.

SUMMARIZED SCORE:

1st Match at RLCA Group “A” Faisalabad Won the Toss:

Quetta Disabled 147-6 in 20 Overs. Saif Ullah 77 in 58 balls (4x11), Abdullah Khan 22 in 20 balls. Muhammad Waqas (SLA) 3-28 in 4 overs, Wasif-ur-Rehman (ROB) 1-18 in 4 overs.
    Faisalabad Disabled 148-2 in 8.3 Overs. Adnan Butt 68* in 59 balls (4x5), Muhammad Saqlain 53* in 38 balls (4x5). Nizam Uddin (SLA) 1-21 in 4 overs, Abdullah Khan (LMF) 1-43 in 4 overs.
    Man of the Match Adnan Butt (Faisalabad).

2nd MATCH at TMC “B” Group “D” Bahawalpur Won the Toss:

Hyderabad Disabled 155-5 in 20 Overs. Babar 52* in 54 balls (4x5), Abdul Jabbar 31 in 27 balls (4x2). Zafeer Ali (OB) 2-25 in 4 overs, M. Mavia (LMF) 2-29 in 4 overs.
    Quetta Bolan Disabled 121-10 in 19.1 Overs. Waheed Khan 39 in 32 balls (4x4), Zaheer Ahmed 33 in 29 balls (4x2). Abdul Rehman (SLA) 4-15 in 4 overs, Faheem Ahmed (OB) 2-17 in 3.1 overs.
    Man of the Match Babar (Hyderabad).

3rd Match at RLCA Group “A” Bahawalpur Won the Toss:

Bahawalpur Disabled 130-7 in 20 Overs. Muhammad Abid 53 in 34 balls (4x7), Abdul Khaliq 20 in 23 balls (4x2). Noman Shabbir (SLA) 3-18 in 4 overs, Iqbal Hussain (RLS) 2-24 in 2 overs.
    Karachi Disabled 131-2 in 17 Overs. Danish Ahmed 56* in 30 balls (4x4, 6x1), Arif Richard 42 in 48 balls (4x5).
    Man of the Match Danish Ahmed (Karachi).

4th MATCH at TMC Group “B” Multan Won the Toss:

Sargodha Disabled 83-10 in 19.4 Overs. Saif Ullah 25* in 33 balls (4x3). Muhammad Haris (LMF) 3-8 in 4 overs, Umaiz-ur-Rehman (RLS) 3-14 in 4 overs.
    Multan Disabled 85-2 in 8.1 Overs. Majid Hussain 30 in 22 balls (4x7), Matloob Qureshi 24 in 20 balls (4x3), Jahanzaib Tiwana 14* in 5 balls.
    Man of the Match Muhammad Haris (Multan).

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second phase of six National Disabled cricket championship in Rawalpindi and Islamabad from February 12th

Karachi - The second phase of 6th National Disabled T20 Cricket Championship will be played from february 12th at Rawalpindi stadium and Diamond ground in Islamabad. This was annouced by the Ho'n Secretary and event director of Pakistan Disabled Cricket Association (PDCA) Amiruddin Ansari with the permission of former Pakistan captain and president PDCA.

However the first phase of the event in group "A" and "B" has already completed in Karachi last month as of january 2018 in which Multan has qualified for the final in which they defeated Karachi in the first semi final for the 3rd time.

In this second phase as many as 8 teams are taking part and they divided into two group. Group"C" has Islamabad, Lahore, Azad Kashmir and Fata Iin Group"D" is Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Abbottabad and Sialkot. The league matches will continue till February 14th. The final will be held in Karachi later.

Any further details and plans about the PDCA and Pakistan disabled cricket team will be announced by the president PDCA Rashid Latif in the press conference.
    Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 2nd February 2018 at 06:23.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I am not one to complain about when certain threads do not get attention but the situation with Disability Cricket in Pakistan can be explained by the lack of replies in this thread too.

I cannot imagine the pain and suffering these players go through to maintain their enthusiasm for the game and must feel bad for the players.

I pray and hope that attitudes change.

You have seen the replies on that blind cricketers thread....PP members were outright telling that they should not expect much recognition

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by karthikc View Post
    You have seen the replies on that blind cricketers thread....PP members were outright telling that they should not expect much recognition
    We can only bring it to the attention of people.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Disabled cricketers don't generate any interest from the masses, advertisers and sponsors. Hence the PCB cannot give them too much attention. The national team problems are tough enough as it is.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    EIGHT PARTICIPATING TEAMS ANNOUNCED FOR THE SECOND PHASE OF 6TH NATIONAL DISABLED T-20 CRICKET CHAMPIONSHIP

Karachi: (Sports Reporter): the Eight Participating Teams for the second Phase of 6th National Disabled T-20 Cricket Championship w will be played from 12th to 16th of this month in February 2018 at Rawalpindi stadium and diamond cricket ground.

However the first phase of the event in group "A" and "B" has already completed in Karachi last month of January 2018 in which was Multan has qualify for the final they defeated Karachi in the first semi final for the 3rd time.

in this second phase as many as 8 teams are taking part and they divided in to two group Group "C" Islamabad Lahore Azad Kashmir Fata.in Group"D" Rawalpindi Peshawar Abbottabad and Sialkot. The league matches will continue till Fabruary 14th. The final will be held in Karachi later..

Further detail and furthers plan PDCA and Pakistan disabled cricket team the president PDCA Rashid Latif will announce in press conference.

Participating Eight others Regional Disabled Teams. Islamabad,Lahore, Azad Kashmeer, Fata in Group"C" whlie Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Abbottabad, and Sialkot in "D" which will be compete on league basis. The league matches will continue till Faboury 12th to 13th while the two top team of each group will meet in the Semi second Final on 16th of February Saturday at Rawalpindi Stadium.

ABBOTTABAD DISABLE CRICKET TEAM
    Hamayun Khan ( c ), Ghulab Shar, Faisal Hayat, Lutaf Ullah, Anwar Ali, Jahanzaib Khan, M. Shehraz, Rehmat Ali, Rajwali, Awal Khan, M. Faisal, Yasir Ali, M. Hussain, Hamad Ali, Pazir Muhammad Reserved:- Haseeb Ullah, Jamshaid, Yamin Khan. Sana Khan Coach com Manger.

AZAD KASHMIR DISABLED TEAM
    Raja Fayyaz ( C). Naseeb Abbasi, Haroon Nihamat, M. Imtiaz, Ehtsham Sadiq, Syed Ghulam Abbas Shah, Malik Shoukat Ali, Syed Asghar Ali Shah, Akeer Abbasi, M. Fayyaz, M. Arsal, Adnan Iftikhar, Hamza Gul, M. Adrees Khan, Danish Naz Abbasi, Raja Yasir Khan, M. Aslam. Mushtaq Haidri Coach com Manger.

FATA DISABLED TEAM
    Sher Ali Afridi ( C) Hadyat Uhhal, Nasir Jamshaid, Sabz Ali, M. Waqas, M. Akraam, Main Jan, Asad Shanwari, Irfan Ullah, Adnan Khan, Umer Ayaz, Jalal Khan, Sher Ali, Islam ud Din, M. Ullah, Mohib ur Rehman. Ali Hoti Coach com manager.

ISLAMABAD DISABLED TEAM
    Usman Paracha (C), Raja Ali Abbas, Kashif Nawaz, Sajjad Hussain, Hammayat Khan, Zubair Khan, Adil Mehmood Abbasi, Shafiq Ahmed Khan, M. Naheem, Waqaf Shah, Asad Rehman, Saim Ali, Shah Behram Hussain, Salman Ahmed, M. Shahban. Shaikh Babar Saleem Coach.

LAHORE DISABLED TEAM
    Abdullah Ijaz (C). Husnain alam, M. Shahbaz, Sadem baig, M. Shakir, Shahid ali, M. Khalid, safdar,Yaqoob, zuhaib khan, aqib javed, pervez aslam, M. usman, M. bilal, Iftikhar RESERVE :- abid, fahad Fahem. Javed Ashraf Coach com Manager.

PESHAWAR DISABLED TEAM
    Nihar alam(c), Hayat khan, Wajid alam, Abdullah afridi, Rizwan, Adil khan, Izhar, Sareer, Fayaz ahmad, Usama, Gohar, Aashiq hussain, Abdullah, Inaam, Asad khan. Sajid Khan Coach com Manager.

RAWALPINDI DISABLED CRICKET TEAM
    Waqas ahmed ( C ). Altaf ahmed, Muhamad Arslan, Bilal Azeem, Sajad khan, Zubair watoo, , Zafar iqbal, Shahid chohan, Abdul Basit, Kashif javed, Asim Nazeer, Imran hayyat, Abdul jabbar, Muhammad shahid, Muhammad yaseen. Syed Rafey Hashmi.Coach.

SAILKOT BOLAN DISABLED CRICKET TEAM
    Hafiz Mujtaba (Captain), Najam ul Hassan, Ali Raza, Sohail Butt, Afzal Ahmed, Abdul Hadeed, Haider Ali, Saif ur Rehman Dogar, Sohail Ahmed, Naveed Hussain, Saddam Abbas, Rashid Ali, Abdul Mannan, Abid Hussain, Hafiz Faheem, Farhan Malik. Also Coach.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Four Nation Disabled Cricket Tournament will be held in Pakistan: Rashid Latif

Rawalpindi, February 10: Former Pakistan Cricket team captain and President Pakistan Disabled Cricket Association (PDCA) Rashid Latif has announced that the Four-Nation Disabled Cricket Tournament in the month of November this year in Pakistan.

He also announced future international activities of PDCA and Pakistan Disabled Cricket Team. Rashid said that the Pakistan Disabled Cricket Team will participate in Triangular Cricket Series in the month of July this year in England. Host England, Pakistan and Bangladesh will compete in the series.

He said this at the news conference here at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium on Saturday held in the connection of 6th National Disabled T-20 Cricket Championship, which will start from February 13 to February 16 in Rawalpindi and Islamabad.

He said Pakistan and PDCA has been a founder of Disabled Cricket and this cricket is very popular among the disabled persons around the world and PDCA has played a vital role in the development of Disabled Cricket.

Rashid further said he was the keen to see the world cup for disabled cricketers and now we are very happy to announce that the World Cup for Disabled Cricketer will be played in England in next year and England will be host of this world cup.

Rashid thanks the PCB for giving the NOC for the Four Nation Tournament in Pakistan in which Bangladesh, India, Afghanistan and Pakistan will play in November this year in Karachi.

He also thanked the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Interior and Governor of Sindh for grant the permission and NOC for the event they are arrange the full security and promise the full support to PDCA for organizing the event. Rashid also louded the effort of Founder of Disabled Cricket Saleem Karim. He started the Disabled Cricket from Karachi in 2007 and also was alone sponsored for the PDCA and Disabled Cricket and now this unique cricket is playing around the world. On the occasion General Manager Domestic PCB Shafiq Ahmed, Muhammad Younus of ICRC, Syed Shahzad Shah of PTCL, Director PDCA Sabih Azhar and Media Manager Muhammad Nizam were also present.

Ortho Work Shop Manager ICRC Pakistan Muhammad Younus said in his speech that organizing 6th National Disabled T-20 Cricket Championship in Karachi and Islamabad with partnership of PDCA is another step forward to assist and support the people of Pakistan and specially people with disability. The event will provide psyco-social rehabilitation for the people with disabilities and will encourage them to participate in such activities. Our partnership with PDCA will help to promote the issues related to different social stigmas attributed to the people with disabilities.

Syed Shahzad Shah EVP Marketing and Communication Co-sponsor PTCL on the occasion said PTCL is proud to partner in the noble cause of promoting cricket among the talented disabled

Cricketers of our country. These special players need over full support to become part of the healthy society, not to forget cricket campaigns the physically challenged have brought many laurels to the country. PTCL playing its role in promoting sports at the grass roots level, not only for able bodied people through other initiatives, but also for physically disabled individuals through such tournaments.

Hon. Secretary Amiruddin Ansari thanks the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to giving the full support and guidance to PDCA in National and International activities. He also said before this event 4 times PDCA National Championship held in different cities and this is the 1st time the 2nd Phase of the event will be held in twins cities Rawalpindi and Islamabad from the 13 February to 16 February. The 2nd Semi Final will be played on 16th February at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium. International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) has once again the co-sponsor in this event. ICRC is a marvelous and praiseworthy step of ICRC which will be quite helpful and will play great role in promoting the Disabled Cricketers not only in Pakistan but in other countries also added. We hope that the joint effort of ICRC and PTCL will continue in future. Here also announced the detail.

The 6th edition of National Disabled T-20 Cricket Championship Group “C” and “D” matches will starts on Tuesday 13th February 2018 9:30 a.m. at Rawalpindi Stadium, Diamond Cricket Ground and National Cricket Ground total eight teams included title defender Multan will complete in the first face which has been divided in two groups. The Tournament being organized by Pakistan Disabled Cricket Association (PDCA). Recognized and supported by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

According to the Hon. Secretary PDCA AmirUddin Ansari the league matches which will continue till February 15th. Two times defending Champion Multan Disabled Team will defend the title and hungry for the hat-trick. Azad Kashmir team take on Islamabad Disabled Team match at 9:30 a.m. at Diamond Cricket Ground in group “C”, Rawalpindi will face Sialkot Disabled team 9:30 p.m. at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium in group “D”. In the evening fixture in group “C” host Lahore Disabled team will take on FATA 1:30 p.m. at Diamond Cricket Ground while Abbottabad will meet Peshawar 1:30 p.m. at Pindi Stadium in Group “D”.

The two top teams from group “C” and “D” will meet in the 2nd Semi Final at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium at 10 a.m.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan to feature in disabled T20 cricket tri-series

Pakistan team will feature in the physically disability twenty-20 cricket tri-series scheduled to be held in England in July this year.

In an interview, Pakistan Disabled Cricket Association secretary Amiruddin Ansari said the series is being hosted by England and Wales Cricket Board from July 6 to 14.

He said England, Pakistan and Bangladesh will take part in the series.

The secretary said a pool of 30 players have been shortlisted from national competitions including the Pentangular Cup and the National Disabled Cricket Championship.

He said, however, the final 20 player squad will be shortlisted from this pool of players.

http://www.radio.gov.pk/20-02-2018/p...ket-tri-series

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: President of the Pakistan Disabled cricket Association (PDCA) Rashid Latif has called upon the International Cricket Council (ICC) to recognise and encourage development of disabled cricket at the international level.

Speaking ahead of the first-ever World Cup for disabled cricketers next year in England, Rashid said: “It’s time now for the ICC to play due role in Cricket World Cup because that is the only way forward.”

Rashid, meanwhile, hoped Pakistan would bring more laurels when they compete in the three-nation T20 disabled series in Worcester next month against Bangladesh and hosts England.

In a message to the players, the former Pakistan captain and one of the finest wicket-keepers of his era observed:”You are ambassadors of the country and playing for Pakistan at any level in any sport is a big thing. You have proved this fact through excellent teamwork on and off the field in the past as well. I think with best discipline, the Pakistan disabled team is capable of bringing more laurels for the country by winning the upcoming tournament.”

Rashid also thanked the Pakistan Cricket Board for allowing the PDCA team to use PCB official logo-kit. The Pakistan team will leave for England on July 4 from Karachi.

Earlier, Amiruddin Ansari gave a briefing about the preparations for the tour.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1415908/ra...sabled-cricket
    Last edited by hadi123; 26th June 2018 at 09:37.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Some clarification from PCB regarding coaches not accompanying Pak Disabled team to England

NCA summer camps are aimed at talent hunt/coaching and grooming which is essence of “national cricket duty." Without coaches the whole exercise is meaningless. PCB continues to fully support Disabled cricket.

But unfortunately the dates of the tournament collide with the primary roles assigned to the coaches, hence they have to be retained at NCA.

Source PCB Twitter