Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

"I am fit and ready to take the next step up and play for Pakistan" : Hussain Talat

Regarded as a top future prospect for the role of a batting all-rounder for Pakistan, 21-year-old Hussain Talat who also plays for the PSL side Islamabad United, has been in impressive form during this domestic season.

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion.net, Hussain spoke about his achievements during the ongoing domestic season, his ambitions to be recognised as a batting all-rounder akin to Jacques Kallis and Shane Watson, the improvements he needs to make to enable selection for the Pakistan side, what he has learned from the legendary Wasim Akram during his time with Islamabad United and looked forward to working with Waqar Younis in the upcoming edition of the PSL.

PakPassion.net: How do you feel about your excellent form this season in domestic cricket?

Hussain Talat:
    I am feeling like I am on top of the world as I was the best all-rounder in the National T20 Cup this season where I put in some superb performances and won two games for the tournament winners, Lahore Blues. My team SNGPL also won the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy in which I took 9 wickets and scored 90 runs in 4 matches. In my stint in the One-Day Cup (Departments), I scored 278 runs in 7 games with an excellent average of 69.50 and have four half-centuries playing in the lower middle-order to my name as well.

PakPassion.net: What do you attribute this fantastic improvement to?

Hussain Talat:
    I believe the work I have done with Mansoor Rana at the National Cricket Academy has brought me great benefits. This happened during May of last year, where I took part in a 2-week special all-rounder’s camp which was held at the NCA and Mansoor was one of the coaches there. In addition to that, I took part in the High-Performance Camp at the NCA in June where once against Mansoor Rana helped me out. On top of that, I have been very conscientious in putting into practice whatever I learnt from these camps. So, I used many variations in club games such as the slower deliveries, bouncers and yorkers and have worked on increasing my pace as well. In terms of my batting, using Mansoor’s advice as my guide, I worked in the nets on my strokeplay and strike rotation, as well as power-hitting which has really helped me in this season.

PakPassion.net: Which has been the most enjoyable performance so far during this season?

Hussain Talat:
    The most memorable game this season was in the National T20 Cup where I was representing Lahore Blues against Lahore Whites. I was asked to bowl in the final over and to defend 12 runs which were needed for victory by Lahore Whites. I bowled a brilliant over against some top-quality batsmen such as Sami Aslam and Aamer Yamin and conceded just 10 runs and we were able to win by 1 run. This was an amazing performance and also one that I enjoyed immensely. Of course, later on in this tournament, I played an innings of 68* against FATA which is also a performance I will remember for a long time.

PakPassion.net: What do you feel about some negative comments regarding the quality of pitches in domestic cricket this season?

Hussain Talat:
    On the contrary, I feel that pitches this season have been very good compared to those in previous ones. It is possible that the prevailing weather conditions had an effect on how helpful the surfaces were for bowlers, especially during morning sessions where there was some moisture. Overall, the average runs scored in National T20 games were around the 170 mark with six scores of 200+. In the Pakistan Cup (50 Overs) tournament, the average team scores were close to 290 with nine scores of 300+ out of a total of 21 innings played during the tournament. To me this shows that the quality of pitches was good, at least for the shorter-format games.

PakPassion.net: How true is the general impression that you have bowled less overs this season?

Hussain Talat:
    I believe what one can say is that I have been given less opportunities to bowl. In the National T20 Cup, I bowled in 7 innings out of the 8 matches I played for Lahore Blues but my economy rate of 8.4 was acceptable and I was able to put in some match winning performances such as the one I mentioned where I defended 12 runs in the final over against Lahore Whites. Looking ahead, I am really looking forward to playing for Islamabad United in the next edition of the PSL and am hoping that unlike 2017, this year I will be given more chances to perform with the ball.

PakPassion.net: Do you have ambitions to be considered as a batting all-rounder and what batting position do you prefer to bat on?

Hussain Talat:
    I am convinced that I can perform an important role for my side as a batting all-rounder who can hold his own as a proper batsman in the top order. Normally, an all-rounder is one that is expected to come in at the 6th or 7th batting position and one who can help out with bowling duties as well. What I wish to do is to become an all-rounder who plays in the top-order, and to perform a role which is very similar to what Jacques Kallis and Shane Watson did for their teams. Even Abdul Razzaq played up the order at the start of his career so there are a few examples of some great all-rounders that I have and I wish to emulate in my career. I have had good experience as an opening batsman in One-Day games and in Twenty20 games I have played from the 3rd to the 7th batting positions. However, my aim is to establish myself in any side as a proper recognised batsman who can play in the 4th or 5th batting position for his team. If you look at my scores in the One-Day cup for regions where I played for FATA, you will see that I was the second highest run-getter in the tournament. I scored 319 runs in 5 matches with 2 hundreds and one fifty to my name where I sometimes played at the number 3 or 4 positions. Recently, in the National T20 Cup I played at the number 4 position and ended up with an average of 56. I have just ended my stint at the National One-Day Cup with an average of 69.50 mostly batting at number 4 and 5 positions which really shows what I am capable of if given chances to bat up the order.

PakPassion.net: Do you feel you are close to being called for national duties?

Hussain Talat:
    I am absolutely in good shape to join the national side if I am selected. I had some near misses in that I was called in for the squad of 30 players for the tour of West Indies in 2017 but not selected for the final 15 players announced for the tour. Also that year, I was part of the Pakistan U23 squad which took part in the ACC U-23 Emerging Cup in Bangladesh where I made 104 runs in four innings. My score of 57* against Bangladesh was the highlight of that tournament for me as was my performance in the semi-final against Afghanistan where I scored 37 as an opener and then took 2 wickets as an opening bowler. In my opinion, given that I have been able to bat so well at the top order and also been asked to bowl at the top of the innings, I feel that I am fit and ready to take the next step up and play for Pakistan.

PakPassion.net: Are there any specific areas of improvement which you are targeting in the future?

Hussain Talat:
    It doesn’t matter how experienced you are, one is always learning in this game. What I wish to do now is to gain more maturity in my mental approach and also in my game before I get into the Pakistan side. It really doesn’t matter how late I get a chance to play for Pakistan. The most important thing is to improve my game so much that whenever I am selected for the national side, I am able to establish myself in a permanent position and am not just a one or two game or series wonder. In terms of improvements, I am concentrating on improving myself in strike rotation which is an important aspect in any international cricketer’s game as is the power-hitting ability. As a bowler, I need to bring more variations into my arsenal. So, these are just examples of what I need to do to make sure that my game is as strong as possible before I start playing for Pakistan in the future.

PakPassion.net: Can you give us your take on Usman Salahuddin’s controversial run-out in which you were involved?

Hussain Talat:
    One of the issues in this whole controversy is that there is no clear camera footage of the incident, so people cannot tell what really happened from recordings or pictures. The decision was ultimately that of the umpire and I wasn’t even looking at the stumps at that point. What seems to have happened is that Usman Salahuddin was literally strolling towards the crease and that is what I saw when I picked up the ball. I then hit the stumps and then appealed for a run-out and the umpire judged him as out. The batsman did complain to the umpires and to our captain, Mohammad Hafeez but the umpires were both of the opinion that this was the right decision. They said that the batsman was not in his crease when the ball hit the stumps and that’s all there is to it. It seems that an attempt was made to make this into a huge controversy, but the fact of the matter is that this was a simple case of a batsman not making his ground and the fielder throwing the ball at the stumps. The umpire’s decision is based on what he saw and the fielder cannot be blamed as it's his right to appeal for a dismissal.

PakPassion.net: How was your association with Wasim Akram at Islamabad United?

Hussain Talat:
    I had a wonderful time working with Wasim Akram. He is a legend of the game and to be able to speak to and learn from him during his time at Islamabad United was simply awesome. He was with us for two years and that was a time when I learnt a lot about the game itself and also specific things like maintaining one’s fitness.

PakPassion.net: You must be looking forward to working with Waqar Younis who has recently been appointed as the new bowling coach for Islamabad United?

Hussain Talat:
    Obviously, having the other 'W' from the legendary combination of fast-bowlers is a great opportunity for me to learn and improve my bowling. I am very excited about this chance to work with Waqar Younis and learn about fast-bowling. In particular, in his days he was an expert in bowling yorkers and he could also bowl at searing pace which is the kind of knowledge I am really excited about picking up from one of Pakistan’s greatest bowlers.
    Last edited by MenInG; 14th January 2018 at 13:28.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Hope Talat has a big PSL as that's seems like the best way for youngsters to force themselves in the reckoning for national team selection.

Its how Fakhar Zaman, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Nawaz and Shadab Khan were able to get noticed, and hopefully how Talat will. We desperately lack powerhitters in our LOI team.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really have high hopes for him. Hoping he has a good PSL.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan does not need another all-rounder. What Pakistan need is a good batsman who can average 35+ with 90+ strike rate from the get go.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Pakistan does not need another all-rounder. What Pakistan need is a good batsman who can average 35+ with 90+ strike rate from the get go.
    Hussain Talat List A stats: average 47.57, strike-rate 92.45

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His batting style is quite similar to Raina's, which isn't bad for a team like Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need a player like him in the national team / set up asap. Look at hasan ali and how he has developed into a athlete.

PSL should do it!

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Didn't even scored a single century in the recent Departmental One Day Cup.

He should play T20 only.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  q.JPG
Views: 3618
Size:  116.8 KB

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    We need a player like him in the national team / set up asap. Look at hasan ali and how he has developed into a athlete.

PSL should do it!
    The top scorer of the tournament who scored 3 centuries, 4 fifties, in just 9 matches.... Should NOT be selected.

But the player who did not scored even a single century in the whole tournament, should be selected......

Amazing criteria. Clapping !!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The players above Talat in the table are all ttfs, worth noting Talat is a handy bowler and fielder

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prop558 View Post

He should play T20 only.
    I hope you are joking.

In the first match, he batted at #4 and made 63.
    In the second match, he didn't bat.
    In the third match, he batted at #6 and failed (SNGPL bowled out for 71).
    In the fourth match, he batted at #6 and made 70.
    In the fifth match, he batted at #6 and made 59*.
    In the sixth match, he batted at #4 and made 19*.
    In the seventh match, he batted at #7 and made 58.

Which batsmen bats mostly at #6 and smashes hundreds?

Also, please stop hiding. Every time I ask you about Asad Shafiq's strike-rate, you run off.

It's to Hussain Talat's credit that he's performing so well in the middle and lower middle-order despite having played at the top of the order in the past.

Last year when he played in the Regional One-Day Cup and batted regularly at the top of the order, he made 123 and 119. 2 hundreds in five innings.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The top scorer of the tournament who scored 3 centuries, 4 fifties, in just 9 matches.... Should NOT be selected.

But the player who did not scored even a single century in the whole tournament, should be selected......

Hello! These aren't Test matches, strike-rates also matter. Don't forget that Azhar Ali has also been a List A king in the past and now we can see what he produces in ODIs. This isn't the 1990s, you can't have slow openers anymore.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 3550
Size:  135.1 KB

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need Talat for his batting ASAP. Bowling is a bonus.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! These aren't Test matches, strike-rates also matter. Don't forget that Azhar Ali has also been a List A king in the past and now we can see what he produces in ODIs. This isn't the 1990s, you can't have slow openers anymore.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 3550
Size:  135.1 KB
    REGARDING LIST A KINGS : (Shan Masood, Asad Shafiq, Saud Shakeel)

List A king deserves selection for the National side, whether its Azhar Ali or Shan Masood or anyone else, otherwise stop holding such tournaments. Keep holding PSL & T20 type leagues and get your team all out at 74. Lolz

Whoever the List A king is, select him, at least as a reward. But if that king fails on regular basis, kick him out. Simple as that !!

REGARDING AZHAR ALI :

I still believe that its too early to drop Azhar Ali from ODIs, he should be there for another remaining 2 ODIs, if he fails in those 2 matches, then yes drop him, unless he regain his form back.

The only reason behind advocating Azhar Ali is that he mature player not an ugly mad power hitter, the opening pair of Azhar & Fakhar worked successful in all important tournament of Champions Trophy. Their combination has worked there but now what went wrong in these 3 matches. Lets continue for another 2 matches before any final judgement.

Failure in 3 matches, is "too soon" to change such a successful proven opening pair. It will disturb Fakhar also. He is well-set with Azhar as the partner.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont trust List A stats of Pakistan domestic. Remember the kings of domestic List A have repeatedly failed at international stage. I trust FC stats of Pakistan domestic more. What are Hussain Talat's FC stats? Has he topped FC stats? If yes then I will take him in a heartbeat.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you are joking.

In the first match, he batted at #4 and made 63.
    In the second match, he didn't bat.
    In the third match, he batted at #6 and failed (SNGPL bowled out for 71).
    In the fourth match, he batted at #6 and made 70.
    In the fifth match, he batted at #6 and made 59*.
    In the sixth match, he batted at #4 and made 19*.
    In the seventh match, he batted at #7 and made 58.

Which batsmen bats mostly at #6 and smashes hundreds?

Also, please stop hiding. Every time I ask you about Asad Shafiq's strike-rate, you run off.

It's to Hussain Talat's credit that he's performing so well in the middle and lower middle-order despite having played at the top of the order in the past.

Last year when he played in the Regional One-Day Cup and batted regularly at the top of the order, he made 123 and 119. 2 hundreds in five innings.

Alright ! I agree that he is suitable for No.6 position. So Sarfraz can go at No.3 and Babar at No.4 or the vice versa.

Tell me one thing, that After how many matches should we judge him, either as successful or failed ??
    Last edited by prop558; 14th January 2018 at 17:36.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TEAM WITH RIGHT POSITIONS :

01 - Azhar Ali
    02 - Fakhar Zaman
    03 - Sarfraz Ahmed
    04 - Babar Azam
    05 - Asad Shafiq (experience + strike rotation ability + recent List A performance)
    06 - Husain Talat
    07 - Fahim Ashraf
    08 - Shadab Khan
    09 - Hasan Ali
    10 - Muhammad Amir
    11 - Junaid Khan

--------------------------------------------
    12 - Rumman Raees - Backup Bowler
    13 - Shan Masood - Backup Opener
    14 - Amir Yameen - Backup All Rounder
    15 - Saad / Saud - Bakcup Batsman (backup of Asad Shafiq)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Alright ! I agree that he is suitable for No.6 position. So Sarfraz can go at No.3 and Babar at No.4 or the vice versa.

Tell me one thing, that After how many matches should we judge him, either as successful or failed ??
    We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I dont trust List A stats of Pakistan domestic. Remember the kings of domestic List A have repeatedly failed at international stage. I trust FC stats of Pakistan domestic more. What are Hussain Talat's FC stats? Has he topped FC stats? If yes then I will take him in a heartbeat.
    I think we have had this discussion before.

Player A has good List A stats but has failed in ODIs.

Player B has good List A stats but hasn't yet been selected.

Player B is more deserving of a chance. Why? Because you can't write him off before he's played. Some players will have the ability to transfer their performances to the highest level, e.g. Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam. Some won't, e.g. Asad Shafiq. You have to try.

As for FC stats, this is a strange argument. You want players to slog in FC matches so that they might be considered for ODIs? Did you see the state of the pitches this season and how the medium pacers ran havoc?

At least some of the pitches such as the ones in the Pakistan Cup and National T20 Cup encouraged strokeplay. FC pitches aren't comparable for ODI cricket. Most modern-day ODIs are played on flat pitches, we need good stroke-makers and players who are dymanic and who can take the pressure of international cricket. We don't need players who can survive a green pitch in ODIs.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    REGARDING LIST A KINGS : (Shan Masood, Asad Shafiq, Saud Shakeel)

List A king deserves selection for the National side, whether its Azhar Ali or Shan Masood or anyone else, otherwise stop holding such tournaments. Keep holding PSL & T20 type leagues and get your team all out at 74. Lolz

Whoever the List A king is, select him, at least as a reward. But if that king fails on regular basis, kick him out. Simple as that !!

REGARDING AZHAR ALI :

I still believe that its too early to drop Azhar Ali from ODIs, he should be there for another remaining 2 ODIs, if he fails in those 2 matches, then yes drop him, unless he regain his form back.

The only reason behind advocating Azhar Ali is that he mature player not an ugly mad power hitter, the opening pair of Azhar & Fakhar worked successful in all important tournament of Champions Trophy. Their combination has worked there but now what went wrong in these 3 matches. Lets continue for another 2 matches before any final judgement.

Failure in 3 matches, is "too soon" to change such a successful proven opening pair. It will disturb Fakhar also. He is well-set with Azhar as the partner.
    Please reply to my point about strike-rates. Thanks.

Unless you don't consider strike-rates important in modern-day ODIs, in which case we will just have to disagree.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 14th January 2018 at 18:01.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please reply to my point about strike-rates. Thanks.

Unless you don't consider strike-rates important in modern-day ODIs, in which case we will just have to disagree.
    Composition of Modern Cricket Teams in ODIs :

01 - Strike Rotator / Solid Batsman
    02 - Power Hitter + Fast Scoring Batsman

03 - Strike Rotator / Solid Batsman - SR 80 - 90
    04 - Strike Rotator / Solid Batsman - SR 80 - 90
    05 - Strike Rotator / Solid Batsman - SR 80 - 90

06 - Power Hitter + All Rounder - SR 100+
    07 - Power Hitter + All Rounder - SR 100+
    08 - Power Hitter + All Rounder - SR 100+

09 - Tail Ender
    10 - Tail Ender
    11 - Tail Ender

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Composition of Modern Cricket Teams in ODIs :

01 - Strike Rotator / Solid Batsman
    02 - Power Hitter + Fast Scoring Batsman

03 - Strike Rotator / Solid Batsman - SR 80 - 90
    04 - Strike Rotator / Solid Batsman - SR 80 - 90
    05 - Strike Rotator / Solid Batsman - SR 80 - 90

06 - Power Hitter + All Rounder - SR 100+
    07 - Power Hitter + All Rounder - SR 100+
    08 - Power Hitter + All Rounder - SR 100+

09 - Tail Ender
    10 - Tail Ender
    11 - Tail Ender

AVERAGE Vs STRIKE RATE :

For 1 and 2, average and strike rate both matters equally or one for one each.

For 3, 4 and 5, average matters more than strike rate.

For 6, 7 and 8, strike matters more than average.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He deserves to be in the team

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I've followed this lad's career closely ever since seeing him on a Pakistan Under 19 tour of England a few years ago.

He's up against the likes of Aamer Yamin and Faheem Ashraf as all-rounders, but offers something a bit different in that he's more of a batting all-rounder.

PCB really needs to sort out more A tours for the likes of Hussain.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its time he replaces either Malik or Hafeez in this line-up. Maqsood, if he has improved his temperament, should be the other entry. Malik and Hafeez have been a massive disappointment in this series. Whats the use of 500 ODIs worth of experience, if you are constantly getting out the same way in every match.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He should play T20 only.
    Do u know at which number he bat?

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's the only one out of him, Yamin, Faheem and Hammad who can make the number 6 spot in Tests and 5th bowler role his own. I don't care if his FC stats are rubbish. The guy looks a quality batsmen and his bowling can always be worked on. Inzi needs to get him in ASAP.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Hussain Talat remembers the exact number of runs he made in every match/tournament.

Never have I seen a player more obsessed with his own stats other than Professor Hafeez.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhmm this thread is about talat and I mentioned him. Of course who ever performs and isnt a TTF should be given a chance.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope to see Hussain Talat in the national team soon. He's a good option to have at No.6.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Do u know at which number he bat?
    If selected, he shoud bat at No.6

Sarfraz should regularly bat at No.3 and Babar at No.4 or the vice versa.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Massive fan of this guy. He should be in squad at the very least. He isn't going to learn much more in our domestic cricket. Best thing for him to play international cricket and work under a pro coach like Arthur. Also working Azhar Mahmood will help improve his bowling.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Massive fan of this guy. He should be in squad at the very least. He isn't going to learn much more in our domestic cricket. Best thing for him to play international cricket and work under a pro coach like Arthur. Also working Azhar Mahmood will help improve his bowling.
    At which number he should play ?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give him a chance. Lets see what he can do.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A real talent this guy. Finally there is a guy who can bat at no. 4 or no.5 like Eoin Morgan with strike rotation and odd boundaries and make it big at the death. Shouldn't simply have him bat at 6 or 7 just because he can bowl medium fast.
    Need to take a bold and brave step and get this in LOI's. Him and Amad seems like guys who like to take it on.

I have been pretty disappointed with Amir Yamin lately especially in the T20 cup where everytime some pressure was created or death over approached, he lost his footing and got overwhelmed.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Get him at 5 and get on with it. Stop wasting time with 40 year old trash.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are few guys who achieve next level when they come to international circuit.

This guy Talat has that thing about him, when he will debut I am sure he is gonna be a star in international cricket, he just has that thing about him.

If that happens before world cup 2019 it would be great but I guess that can only happen if he creates an impact in PSL 2, he did a bit in PSL in two matches he played but unfortunately injury ruined it for him.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would you judge him for LOIs based on FC? That's absurd.

Talat scores at a SR of 92 with 48 avg. SIGN ME UP NOW !!!

He can be a very effective #6 option allowing Sarfaraz to jump back up to 5 where he scored bucketload of runs in England.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    A real talent this guy. Finally there is a guy who can bat at no. 4 or no.5 like Eoin Morgan with strike rotation and odd boundaries and make it big at the death. Shouldn't simply have him bat at 6 or 7 just because he can bowl medium fast.
    Need to take a bold and brave step and get this in LOI's. Him and Amad seems like guys who like to take it on.

I have been pretty disappointed with Amir Yamin lately especially in the T20 cup where everytime some pressure was created or death over approached, he lost his footing and got overwhelmed.
    Well spotted. I thought the same after having seen his footage!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At which number he should play ?
    5 or 6.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I've followed this lad's career closely ever since seeing him on a Pakistan Under 19 tour of England a few years ago.

He's up against the likes of Aamer Yamin and Faheem Ashraf as all-rounders, but offers something a bit different in that he's more of a batting all-rounder.

PCB really needs to sort out more A tours for the likes of Hussain.
    Excellent attitude also.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks promising, I've had an eye on his stats for a while and I've seen some of his videos.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say mould him into an opener, he's young enough to be developed into that role.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The team's crying out for a bloke such as this in the opening/top middle order.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 19th January 2018 at 17:31.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    The team's crying out for a bloke such as this in the opening/top middle order.
    He's not an opener man. Middle order is fine.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    REGARDING AZHAR ALI :

You are judging that Azhar is a solid ODIs player based on the semi final and final however, the rest of the world judges him on his career stats. Here take a look
    Name:  Azhar.jpg
Views: 2697
Size:  13.3 KB

His strike rate sucks the life out of the game before the game even starts. On top of that, his strike rate dips even low when you exclude Sri Lanka, 71.79. In this case, how exactly do you call Azhar Ali a "Strike Rotator"? Please explain.

“I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakSarZameen View Post
    This Hussain Talat remembers the exact number of runs he made in every match/tournament.

Never have I seen a player more obsessed with his own stats other than Professor Hafeez.
    It's rumored that Mcgrath used to remember every single wicket he's taken at the international level. He even once appeared for a Podcast interviewed and narrated in person, when the host asked him about a random wicket number and who the batsman was. There is nothing wrong with knowing one's own stats, as a matter of fact a person has a better chance of improving if he know's where he stands (as far as performance goes) and what he needs to do to make it to the next level.

Also, we've had so many duds play for Pakistan citing the reason of 'talent', 'looks good' et al. I think its high time we start investing in players that base their contributions on paper and proper scientific method aka 'statistics'.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From little I have seen of Hassan, he seems like a really good prospect in LOI. He can easily replace Malik and Hafeez and do a lot better job then them. In my opinion he should be drafted in the LOI side and should bat at number five. Also, can be handy with the ball.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talat is needed in every format.

Hopefully he'll impress Inzamam soon.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At what number does he bat in the PSL?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    At what number does he bat in the PSL?
    He's only played 2 PSL matches. Batted at #3.

Not sure if he will bat at #3 again as IU have made a host of changes to their squad. But I hope so.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's only played 2 PSL matches. Batted at #3.

Not sure if he will bat at #3 again as IU have made a host of changes to their squad. But I hope so.
    Hope he makes a ton of runs and picks a few handy wickets up also.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Hope he makes a ton of runs and picks a few handy wickets up also.
    The unfortunate part is Talat did really well in the domestic ODI/T20 tournaments but he is not any closer to selection than he was last year. It'll take a spectacular PSL for him to be on the selector's radar.

Inzi the revolutionary only does his job during the one month of PSL. Alhumdulilah

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets hope Hussain Tallat and Shaheen Afridi show their form this PSL and Inzi select them so we could get rid of garbage players likes Asad Shafiq, Shan Masood and Rumman Raees for good.

Plz don’t bring politics into sports!

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    C'mon Mickey. Get him in.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    A much improved cricketer.

Tough competition though for him at the moment with Faheem Ashraf in form.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubt that he will start. Too many allrounders in the Isloo team.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A much improved cricketer.

Tough competition though for him at the moment with Faheem Ashraf in form.
    Do you think the “all rounder” tag is hurting his chances?

I think he’s good enough to make it as a batsman.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Do you think the “all rounder” tag is hurting his chances?

I think he’s good enough to make it as a batsman.
    Being an all-rounder is his best option, as at the moment he's not good enough to be picked as a batsman or as a bowler alone.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Being an all-rounder is his best option, as at the moment he's not good enough to be picked as a batsman or as a bowler alone.
    He is more than good enough as a batsman to get into this Pakistan side

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think as a batsman he justifies his place if called to national setup, especially when a dynamic middle order batsman is the need of the hour.

Having a list a average of 43 and Sr of 91 for middle order batsman after 41 matches with 3 centuries and 9 50s and a good record as batsman in T20 as well. Along with his ability to hit big sixes and he performed well in PSL 2, unfortunately got injured otherwise might have been fast tracked into national setup if played couple more good innings like the 50 he made at that time.

In addition he is a good fielder and his medium pace is a bonus or luxury to have.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Doubt that he will start. Too many allrounders in the Isloo team.
    Its either him, Amad, Farhan, Rohail Nazir and young pacer Mohammad Hasnain.

I wont be surprised if Isloo goes with two emerging as they did regularly in the last season. It would be between Talat and Iftikhar in the middle order, most probably one down position.

To me the best combination would be

Ronchi
    Farhan
    Talat
    Duminy
    Misbah
    Russel
    Ashraf
    Shadab
    Sami
    Raees
    Badree

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Talat is the next player I want to debut for Pakistan. A modern-day LO batsmen. His debut shouldn't be delayed any longer.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing in HK T20 blitz today
    So far 1 over 8 runs and a wkt

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Today he struggled to hit in a small ground and scored 15 off 18 balls... Looks like he has turned into a hack all of a sudden...Hardly any proper cricket shots

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Today he struggled to hit in a small ground and scored 15 off 18 balls... Looks like he has turned into a hack all of a sudden...Hardly any proper cricket shots
    one or two innings do not make a hack

Excellence should not be an act,it should be a habit.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he starts for IU and performs well.

Excellence should not be an act,it should be a habit.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GullyCricketFlop View Post
    one or two innings do not make a hack
    Understood. but if u have watched u would say the same.. he was trying to hit so hard every ball and might pull up a muscle, when there are easy scoring shots to play... His partner on the other end and unkonwn player named Abbasi outplayed him...he doesnt look like the talat of PSL 2, way different and dean watched it and obviously wouldnt be happy..

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    I think he was over hiting it for the sake of hong kong sixes otherwise he was very good in recent t20.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A genuine all-rounder should have the ability to make a team as either a bowler or a batter. Bits and pieces cricketers are a waste (except T20s) . Looks like he is not ready yet and must carry on the hard work in domestic.

You have indeed in the Messenger of Allah an excellent example. (TMQ - 33:21)

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs to improve his bowling a lot if he wants to make it ahead.

His bowling is on par with Fakhar right now. I know they are different type of bowlers, I am talking about their quality.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hussain Talat: Performance Watch

Hussain Talat can easily fill the no.6 spot in the Odis for Pakistan.

Also can bowl seam.

Let's see how he performs.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hussain Talat - The next Michael Bevan in the making?

He is playing a clutch Bevan-esque knock right now against Sultans. He is so composed at the crease, impressive. Can hit big with ease as well.

He has an impressive List A record as well. So by looking at his List A record and the current knock, can he become the next Michael Bevan at International level?

Your thoughts?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    You got to be a big idiot to mention his name in the same sentence as a legend when the lad got a long way to go, fans are too quick to put a player on a pedestal and equally quick to throw knives the moment they fail. It's better to use a bit of sense, not put such players under unnecessary pressure by comparing them to greats and objectively judge their progress. One knock doesn't warrant a comparison with Bevan, just ask Dhoni; it takes a resume of feats at the international level.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deserves a call up for LOI teams.

Very good performance today under pressure.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It’s great to see him adapting to a finishers role.

Needs a call up to bat at 6 in limited overs

One of the few players in our setup that can hit big against pacers

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good talent showed maturity needs to do this consistently

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is even better than last year, this was gem of an inning, under enormous pressure and not very helpful conditions. He not only defended but also hit big sixes. He is ready for the big league.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)