Wisden Cricket Monthly

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 47 of 47
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,249
    Mentioned
    2559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    "Virat Kohli is the world's best batsman in all formats" : Aleem Dar

    Aleem Dar speaking on TV

    "It was my intention to keep a beard in the future but I was impressed by Hashim Amla's words that keep a beard so that people know that there is a Muslim umpire there so I decided to grow one"

    "I feel very proud that I am a Muslim and also known as a good umpire"

    "I get checked a lot [at airports due to my beard] but their attitude changes when they see that I am Aleem Dar"

    "The right hand index finger in Islam has a special meaning as its used to denote the unity of Allah, I dont want to use that finger for cricket as you can make incorrect decisions, which is why I use my left hand index finger for giving decisions in cricket"

    "Simon Taufel was not happy with DRS as its not an easy job reversing your decision so due to that and due to family pressures, he retired"

    "Taking decisions about LBW on the bowling of Muttiah Muralitharan, Warne and Kumble were very tough"

    "I have had good relations with Ricky Ponting on and off the field although it would appear [on TV] that he was being tough on me; I am still in touch with him via Whatsapp"

    "Virat Kohli is the world's best batsman in all formats"

    "Many people wish to copy Virat Kohli but I dont think there is any player who can come near him at the moment"

    "You can give decisions which can change the fate of games; I took one such lbw decision when Harmison was bowling to Katich in 2005"

    "I feel umpiring has become easy due to DRS"
    Last edited by MenInG; 9th May 2018 at 22:14.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    15,191
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow I'm surprised Taufel retired mainly because of DRS, he was pretty young as well!

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    2,050
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all for broadcasting your personal religious beliefs, but this is absurd. This is precisely why ultrareligious people are mocked. Where in the Quran does it say you can't use the right hand for umpiring decisions? Who gave this fatwa?

  4. #4
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    8,829
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Liked his view except for the religious reasons for not using your right hand's index finger. How ridiculous is that?

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    4,748
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    I'm all for broadcasting your personal religious beliefs, but this is absurd. This is precisely why ultrareligious people are mocked. Where in the Quran does it say you can't use the right hand for umpiring decisions? Who gave this fatwa?
    Why are you getting offended?

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    692
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now itís coming from a professional umpire who watches Virat from the best position on cricket grounds and is knowledgeable in cricket.

    Some Pak fans may not agree with him.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,779
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    I'm all for broadcasting your personal religious beliefs, but this is absurd. This is precisely why ultrareligious people are mocked. Where in the Quran does it say you can't use the right hand for umpiring decisions? Who gave this fatwa?
    when did he say there was fatwa given?

    when did he say that everyone should do that?

    That is his believe and opinion.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,779
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kuskash View Post
    Now it’s coming from a professional umpire who watches Virat from the best position on cricket grounds and is knowledgeable in cricket.

    Some Pak fans may not agree with him.
    I do not think Kholi is the best batsmen in test, yet. After English series and his decision to play county will probably turn him into the best batsmen in all format.

    He is the best batsmen in ODI and T20

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Scotland
    Runs
    1,092
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    I'm all for broadcasting your personal religious beliefs, but this is absurd. This is precisely why ultrareligious people are mocked. Where in the Quran does it say you can't use the right hand for umpiring decisions? Who gave this fatwa?
    Why does it bother u do much??
    Free world .. freedom of speech.. freedom of expression...
    Last edited by hadi123; 10th May 2018 at 00:19.


    Waiting for the day when there will be no p....i player in a green shirt

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    2,050
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by www787 View Post

    That is his believe and opinion.
    If his beliefs and opinions aren't grounded in Islam, then people like Ahmadis should also not be discredited for having un-Islamic opinions.

    I am free to believe whatever I want, but if its borderline ridiculous, its best to keep it to myself rather than blab about it to a newspaper. Did the newspaper ask which hand he umpires with, or which hand he eats with, or which hand he wipes himself with? Then why the need to blab about it?

    We eat with our right hand, because allegedly Shaitan eats with his left hand (again no logical evidence or Quranic evidence for this silly belief), how does Aleem Dar know that Shaitan umpires with his right?

    This is just like saying you have to fold the jainamaaz because if you don't Shaitan is going to pray there.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,415
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "The right hand index finger in Islam has a special meaning as its used to denote the unity of Allah, I dont want to use that finger for cricket as you can make incorrect decisions, which is why I use my left hand index finger for giving decisions in cricket"


    Dont know why do people have to get involved in such weird behavior.

    by that logic, a doctor shouldn't be holding a scalpel by the right index finger as the diagnosis could be wrong.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    3,303
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    If his beliefs and opinions aren't grounded in Islam, then people like Ahmadis should also not be discredited for having un-Islamic opinions.

    I am free to believe whatever I want, but if its borderline ridiculous, its best to keep it to myself rather than blab about it to a newspaper. Did the newspaper ask which hand he umpires with, or which hand he eats with, or which hand he wipes himself with? Then why the need to blab about it?

    We eat with our right hand, because allegedly Shaitan eats with his left hand (again no logical evidence or Quranic evidence for this silly belief), how does Aleem Dar know that Shaitan umpires with his right?

    This is just like saying you have to fold the jainamaaz because if you don't Shaitan is going to pray there.
    Dude religions are not scientific, there's no point discussing about it. It's not supposed to make sense, you just roll with it.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,779
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    If his beliefs and opinions aren't grounded in Islam, then people like Ahmadis should also not be discredited for having un-Islamic opinions.

    I am free to believe whatever I want, but if its borderline ridiculous, its best to keep it to myself rather than blab about it to a newspaper. Did the newspaper ask which hand he umpires with, or which hand he eats with, or which hand he wipes himself with? Then why the need to blab about it?

    We eat with our right hand, because allegedly Shaitan eats with his left hand (again no logical evidence or Quranic evidence for this silly belief), how does Aleem Dar know that Shaitan umpires with his right?

    This is just like saying you have to fold the jainamaaz because if you don't Shaitan is going to pray there.
    Relax, decide what you want to say. In one post youíre okay with personal beliefs and in other you arenít. Which one is it ?

  14. #14
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,256
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    I'm all for broadcasting your personal religious beliefs, but this is absurd. This is precisely why ultrareligious people are mocked. Where in the Quran does it say you can't use the right hand for umpiring decisions? Who gave this fatwa?
    I think its more of a personal thing , I dont see him saying people should not use their right hand index finger and its un islamic


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  15. #15
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    1,857
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What he said is going to ruffle some feathers here !!!!

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    2,050
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by www787 View Post
    Relax, decide what you want to say. In one post youíre okay with personal beliefs and in other you arenít. Which one is it ?
    I'm OK with personal beliefs no matter how ridiculous. I however don't think unsubtantiated religious claims need to be broadcasted in places where its totally irrelevant. Its one thing to say I believe in God (impossible to prove either way) even if unsolicited for that information. Its quite another to say I believe wiping my forehead with monkey dung cures leukemia. You say that and you deserve to be ridiculed.
    Last edited by Shutdown Corner; 11th May 2018 at 01:51.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    2,050
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    I think its more of a personal thing , I dont see him saying people should not use their right hand index finger and its un islamic
    Precisely my point. If its such a personal thing, why talk about it when it is a) unasked about and b) irrelevant to the subject at hand.

    What people do with their wife in the bedroom is also personal...AND most people don't talk about it during interviews. Personal things should be kept private.

    Aleem Dar, in this instance, comes across as someone who is trying to shove his religion onto other people. Why not give a lecture on the magnificence of the Quran instead or the relevant example of the Prophet's life if you want to give dawah.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,779
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    I'm OK with personal beliefs no matter how ridiculous. I however don't think unsubtantiated religious claims need to be broadcasted in places where its totally irrelevant. Its one thing to say I believe in God (impossible to prove either way) even if unsolicited for that information. Its quite another to say I believe wiping my forehead with monkey dung cures leukemia. You say that and you deserve to be ridiculed.
    Again, Either you support someone practicing their belief in a way they want to as long as it doesn't interfere their work or whatever the job demand or you do not.

    You can't have it both way.

    You claim you do then you criticize him for doing exactly that.

    He isn't broadcasting, he said he does it because he belief it, he hasn't given a fatwa.

    Let's stop criticizing for the sake of criticism. He hasn't broken any ICC rule regarding which finger to use to give out and dressing code of having a beard grown.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,779
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    Precisely my point. If its such a personal thing, why talk about it when it is a) unasked about and b) irrelevant to the subject at hand.

    What people do with their wife in the bedroom is also personal...AND most people don't talk about it during interviews. Personal things should be kept private.

    Aleem Dar, in this instance, comes across as someone who is trying to shove his religion onto other people. Why not give a lecture on the magnificence of the Quran instead or the relevant example of the Prophet's life if you want to give dawah.
    How do you know that particular question wasn't asked? How did you come to that conclusion? Stop assuming. Irony is that your comments are filled with assumption.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    10,442
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I get checked a lot [at airports due to my beard] but their attitude changes when they see that I am Aleem Dar."

    You are only a little known Cricket umpire not a superstar. Get over yourself. There is no need for Muslim people to bring Islam in to everything by making silly statements. We know that the left hand is to be used for unclean reasons but nowhere does it say it can not be used to give a batsman out. I wish Muslim's would start using their brain instead of watching these thousands of programmes related to the subject.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.


  21. #21
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    6,958
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    I'm all for broadcasting your personal religious beliefs, but this is absurd. This is precisely why ultrareligious people are mocked. Where in the Quran does it say you can't use the right hand for umpiring decisions? Who gave this fatwa?
    You had to pick only this in entire article? It's his wish, there is nothing wrong in using his left hand, moreover it is very trivial and personal so will not judge him on that.


    ...

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,249
    Mentioned
    2559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    He was asked a question about why he uses his left arm for decisions and he answered it.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    9,402
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Let him use any arm he wants. People are reacting as if he is using one of his feet.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

  24. #24
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    338
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    "I get checked a lot [at airports due to my beard] but their attitude changes when they see that I am Aleem Dar."

    You are only a little known Cricket umpire not a superstar. Get over yourself. There is no need for Muslim people to bring Islam in to everything by making silly statements. We know that the left hand is to be used for unclean reasons but nowhere does it say it can not be used to give a batsman out. I wish Muslim's would start using their brain instead of watching these thousands of programmes related to the subject.
    Totally agree well said. Aleem Dar needs to retire. I want Simon Taufel back.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 11th May 2018 at 15:29.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    8,972
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    I'm all for broadcasting your personal religious beliefs, but this is absurd. This is precisely why ultrareligious people are mocked. Where in the Quran does it say you can't use the right hand for umpiring decisions? Who gave this fatwa?
    What problem u have.Have u been told it is wrong.Ifhe does not like it it is his choice.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    8,972
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at some posters feeling so uneasy for just one irrelevant thing.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    3,838
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Why are you getting offended?
    Because Dar is introducing Biddah in the religion. There is no where disallowed to use the right index finger. Childish stuff from Aleem. Anyway each to their own i guess.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    3,838
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Wow I'm surprised Taufel retired mainly because of DRS, he was pretty young as well!
    Good riddance, we dont need people with such fragile egos that they feel threatened by DRS to umpire our matches.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    13,256
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    Precisely my point. If its such a personal thing, why talk about it when it is a) unasked about and b) irrelevant to the subject at hand.

    What people do with their wife in the bedroom is also personal...AND most people don't talk about it during interviews. Personal things should be kept private.

    Aleem Dar, in this instance, comes across as someone who is trying to shove his religion onto other people. Why not give a lecture on the magnificence of the Quran instead or the relevant example of the Prophet's life if you want to give dawah.
    May be he was asked ?


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  30. #30
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,249
    Mentioned
    2559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Happy 50th birthday


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    2,303
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extremism it is but if he is not spreading this belief, he is doing no harm - however it just goes to show what is wrong with our society in general. It is not the topic here so that is where I stop.

    He had a great run as an umpire and certainly is not just an ordinary umpire. He has served well to his employers to be around for this long. No ordinary umpire receives back to back awards for being the best.

    I wondered myself about Taufel's retirement. One of the all time best but many won't agree with his retirement decision based on DRS. I understand the family part.

    As far as the topic is concerned, Kohli is LOI best bat at the moment with out a doubt and one of the best in tests if not the best. He plays aggressively which may backfire in tests but since Ind has a good batting line, he can afford to do it.


    Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

  32. #32
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    National Stadium Karachi
    Runs
    12,856
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the top 3 umpires of the world and probably the best in Pakistan.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,676
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    I'm all for broadcasting your personal religious beliefs, but this is absurd. This is precisely why ultrareligious people are mocked. Where in the Quran does it say you can't use the right hand for umpiring decisions? Who gave this fatwa?
    Bro take it easy, its not a fatwa or a sin.Its Darís personal choice.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    2,050
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Bro take it easy, its not a fatwa or a sin.Its Dar’s personal choice.
    The thing is, if it is in fact so personal, why talk about it on a public forum when it was even asked about? That means its not personal and in fact an effort by Aleem Dar to showboat his version of religion. I've been guilty of it too sometimes, but its not a flattering thing.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    15,191
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ICC Umpires Selection Panel consisted of Geoff Allardice, Ranjan Madugalle David Lloyd, and Srinivas Venkataraghavan.

    The International Cricket Council has named an unchanged Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Umpires and Match Referees for the 2018-19 season.

    The announcement regarding the retention of the panel, for the period 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019, was made following the annual review and selection process.

    The ICC Umpires Selection Panel consisted of Chairman and ICC General Manager – Cricket, Geoff Allardice, ICC Chief Match Referee Ranjan Madugalle, former England player and commentator - David Lloyd, and former India captain and international umpire Srinivas Venkataraghavan.

    The Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Umpires is: Aleem Dar, Kumar Dharmasena, Marais Erasmus, Chris Gaffaney, Ian Gould, Richard Illingworth, Richard Kettleborough, Nigel Llong, Bruce Oxenford, Sundaram Ravi, Paul Reiffel and Rod Tucker.

    The Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees consists of David Boon, Chris Broad, Jeff Crowe, Ranjan Madugalle, Andy Pycroft, Javagal Srinath and Richie Richardson, all former Test players.

    http://www.pcb.com.pk/news-detail/ic...19-season.html

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,192
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chalo i am glad dar saab decided to use the other hand and not some other finger ;)

  37. #37
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,249
    Mentioned
    2559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: Many legends of Pakistan sports, especially cricket, were honoured at a glittering reception here on Friday evening at a local hotel which drew tremendous appreciation from all quarters who demanded that such functions be held on a regular basis to give the successful sports persons their due for bringing so many laurels for the country.

    The well-attended reception saw awards presented to Late Hanif Mohammad, Shahid Afridi, Moin Khan, Aaqib Javed, Younis Khan, Iqbal Qasim, Abdul Qadir, world renowned umpire Aleem Dar along with current Pakistan captain Sarfraz Ahmed and ex-national footballer Ali Nawaz Baloch for their meritorious services. Short films were also shown to highlight the careers and achievements of these sportsmen.

    Sohail Younus, the chief organiser, said it was essential to reward and recognise the immeasurable services rendered by these sporting legends for the the country that was the main aim of arranging the function.

    Sports legends honoured in glittering ceremony

    Two awards were posthumously given to the legendary Pakistan batsman and LittleMaster Hanif Mohammad and pioneer of Urdu cricket commentary Munir Hussain. Their awards were received by their sons Shoaib Mohammad and Iqbal Munir, respectively.

    Later, speaking to media Aleem Dar, arguably the most celebrated international cricket umpire, attributed his tremendous success to hard work, honesty and dedication to the profession he has been involved with for the past 20 years.

    Aleem said there is no short cut in life if one wants to make a name. “I never thought that I would earn so much fame and wealth. Life was extremely tough to begin with when I went to Lahore from hometown of Gujranwala since I had no money even to pay for bus fare,” Aleem said. “But I never lost hope and had complete faith in Allah and worked hard to realise my dream of becoming a cricketer. And then I found that playing was not my cup of tea and hence I was pushed into umpiring.

    “And the rest is a story everyone knows but people must reme*mber that to get this far in whatever profession they are, without hard work, honesty and dedication you can’t achieved the goals you have set for yourself.”

    Aleem, who has the distinction being adjudged the ICC Umpire of the Year three times on the trot from 2009, disclosed that Pakistan’s Aaqib Javed and Mitchell Johnson were the only bowlers he saw who could generate swing by landing the rough side of the ball on the pitch.

    “This type of bowling is definitely not ball-tampering sort of stuff and is perfectly legitimate under playing conditions. In my career I have seen only Aaqib and Johnson swing the ball in an unconventional manner,” the 50-year-old, who has so far supervised in 121 Tests, 190 One-day Internationals and 43 T20 Inter*nationals since 2000, explained.

    Also honoured with awards were cricket organisers and team owners including Ashiq Qureshi, Nadeem Omar, Azhar Zaidi and Prof Ejaz Faruqi.

    In brief speeches, all the award winners thanked the organisers for acknowledging their contributions in such a graceful manner.

    Ex-footballer Ali Nawaz appealed to the Prime Minister Imran Khan to free Pakistan Football Federation from political interference to safeguard the future of the sport in the country. Nadeem, on the other hand, lamented that apart from cricket, the rest of sports are in shambles in including hockey which used to be the national game of Pakistan.

    The sportsmen received their awards from prominent personalities and businessman including Ahmed Shuja Kidwai, KCCA president and Quetta Gladiators owner Nadeem Omar, Fahad Mahmood, Salahuddin Sallu, Nadeem Younus, Uzair Saboor and Owais Mir.

    The function was conducted by Syed Yahya Hussaini.

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1430392/ha...-success-aleem


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  38. #38
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    4,109
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Aleem said there is no short cut in life if one wants to make a name. ďI never thought that I would earn so much fame and wealth. Life was extremely tough to begin with when I went to Lahore from hometown of Gujranwala since I had no money even to pay for bus fare,Ē Aleem said. ďBut I never lost hope and had complete faith in Allah and worked hard to realise my dream of becoming a cricketer. And then I found that playing was not my cup of tea and hence I was pushed into umpiring.

    ďAnd the rest is a story everyone knows but people must reme*mber that to get this far in whatever profession they are, without hard work, honesty and dedication you canít achieved the goals you have set for yourself.Ē
    Motivational stuff.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,576
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this thread is full of people who just want to be offended.

    I wouldn't class myself as extremely religious, but what difference does it make to you why he uses his left index finger? What exactly is the issue with him relating a personal story about how even the little fame an umpire has helps him through security?

    He travels to countries where he umpires, he's bound to get less scrutiny. It's not rocket science. But you people are acting as if he's said something arrogant.

    I see the same with Amla and Moeen. For every @Bilal7 who overrates them, you get a @Mamoon who hates them for no reason other than the fact that they have a beard.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,303
    Mentioned
    1027 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Dar is truly a gem. An amazing man and one of the best umpires of all time.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  41. #41
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,249
    Mentioned
    2559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The prolific umpire, Pakistan’s Aleem Dar has no plans for retirement at the moment and he is all set to officiate in the upcoming World Cup, which will be fifth of his career.

    Dar is eyeing the world record, he has to stand in three more Test matches to leave Steve Bucknor behind, while he needs nine more ODIs to create history.

    “Thanks to GOD, I am completely fit, I have three [Test] matches and none One Day Internationals to make the world record,” he said.

    The three-time umpire of the year award winner further said that he is doing this to bring glory in the country in the field of umpiring.

    “I am going to the World Cup, it is my fifth one, which is a huge honour for me,” he added.

    Aleem Dar made his umpiring debut in 2000, he officiated the 2003 World Cup and was inducted in the panel of ICC’s elite umpire soon after that. He won the umpire of the year award three consecutive times from 2009 to 2011.

    https://arysports.tv/aleem-dar-no-pl...-world-record/


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  42. #42
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,249
    Mentioned
    2559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Aleem Dar speaking to reporters


    "Last year also the media asked me when will you retire. Thanks to Allah I have 3 Test matches remaining and 9 ODIs left to create a world record. I want to create a name for umpiring in Pakistan, I am going to my 5th World Cup which is a very big thing for me"

    "4 years ago also the media asked me when will you retire, will you go after the World Cup? And now we have arrived at the next World Cup. This is my 5th World Cup which is a big achievement for me being a Pakistani, I am the third umpire to umpire in 5 World Cups. Hopefully I can go on for another 2 years"

    "Thanks to Allah I have 3 Test matches remaining and 9 ODIs left to create a world record. I want to create a name for umpiring in Pakistan, I am going to my 5th World Cup which is a very big thing for me"


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    446
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite unprofessional for him to speak about Kohli.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    42,909
    Mentioned
    2251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  45. #45
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,249
    Mentioned
    2559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Amazing gesture by Aleem Dar.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  46. #46
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    18,906
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Amazing gesture by Aleem Dar.
    Well done Aleem, you are a great umpire and now a great humanitarian

  47. #47
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    3,431
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  index2.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  206.3 KB
    Name:  index.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  201.7 KB


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •