Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 42 of 42
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    69,402
    Mentioned
    1456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

    Pakistan in T20Is since September 2016

    Since that amazing win at Old Trafford against England in front of what seemed like a Lahore crowd not Manchester:

    Played 21
    Won 18
    Lost 3

    Incredible run of form and results.


    In addition

    Pakistan last 11 T20Is: Won Won Won Won Won Won Lost Won Won Won Won.



  2. #2
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,820
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    10 matches against West Indies, 3 against Sri Lanka, World XI and New Zealand, 1 against England and 1 against Scotland.

    In other words: nearly 50% of the matches against one opposition, 3 against a poor side and 1 (about to be two) against a minnow.

    The win against England was impressive, but it was only 1 match. The only credible series win in the last two years was the one in New Zealand.

    It is an improved side based on what we have had over the last few years, but it is nowhere near as good as the ranking and the recent form suggests.

    Not a single match against Australia, India and South Africa. It is an artificial ranking based on beating weak opposition. Any half-decent team would have achieved the number one ranking facing the same opposition.

    It is a shame that there is no WT20 in sight because our fans need a reality check as far as the credentials of the T20 teams are concerned.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,725
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    10 matches against West Indies, 3 against Sri Lanka, World XI and New Zealand, 1 against England and 1 against Scotland.

    In other words: nearly 50% of the matches against one opposition, 3 against a poor side and 1 (about to be two) against a minnow.

    The win against England was impressive, but it was only 1 match. The only credible series win in the last two years was the one in New Zealand.

    It is an improved side based on what we have had over the last few years, but it is nowhere near as good as the ranking and the recent form suggests.

    Not a single match against Australia, India and South Africa. It is an artificial ranking based on beating weak opposition. Any half-decent team would have achieved the number one ranking facing the same opposition.

    It is a shame that there is no WT20 in sight because our fans need a reality check as far as the credentials of the T20 teams are concerned.
    New Zealand in New Zealand > Australia, England, South Africa in T20s.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,051
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever people say about Sarfraz, he is a guy who doesn't let his team take it easy after a win like our predecessor captains esp in T20is. He goes in with full intensity even if it's a dead rubber and that's very laudable. Previously we saw, after winning one match, we would drop 3-4 players for the next t20i.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    4,073
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny how people are discounting Pakistan's wins against the windies.

    Maybe the windies tour to Pakistan they had a weakish team.

    But when Pakistan toured Windies in 2017 it was a good squad.

    West Indies in t20 are always dangerous, cant discount wins against them in this format.

    Then you have series win against new zealand and england.

    That is 3 quality series wins.

    But haters gonna hate.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    6,530
    Mentioned
    1261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Good performance by Pakistan in T20 in recent times. The win in New Zealand was good.

  7. #7
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,138
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    First format where we are close to weeding out all the keeray, hence the results.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  8. #8
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,803
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    10 matches against West Indies, 3 against Sri Lanka, World XI and New Zealand, 1 against England and 1 against Scotland.

    In other words: nearly 50% of the matches against one opposition, 3 against a poor side and 1 (about to be two) against a minnow.

    The win against England was impressive, but it was only 1 match. The only credible series win in the last two years was the one in New Zealand.

    It is an improved side based on what we have had over the last few years, but it is nowhere near as good as the ranking and the recent form suggests.

    Not a single match against Australia, India and South Africa. It is an artificial ranking based on beating weak opposition. Any half-decent team would have achieved the number one ranking facing the same opposition.

    It is a shame that there is no WT20 in sight because our fans need a reality check as far as the credentials of the T20 teams are concerned.
    Since when are South Africa a good T20 team lol.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,089
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Best in the world

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    Great Pakistan
    Runs
    19,952
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great Great performance....
    Just Ignore Mamoon's Comments.....


    Hey Jazba Junoon to himat na haar.......

  11. #11
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,662
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deserved #1

    If they can come out with a series win against AUS and SA, truly they'll be an undisputed #1 team.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    22,851
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rubbish performance. Just against minnows. They need to perform against Great teams like the 80's Windies..can anybody send them back in time.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,089
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    19 wins in 22 games

    One of the best T20 teams in the history and will go down as the greatest of all time

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,010
    Mentioned
    1621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    First format where we are close to weeding out all the keeray, hence the results.
    In case you haven't noticed the biggest keera opens the batting


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    342
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Apparently the reigning World T20 champions, and the only team to win the World T20 twice, are a rubbish T20 side. Wins against them should not be taken seriously.
    Last edited by hadi123; 13th June 2018 at 22:02.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,820
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taaya View Post
    Apparently the reigning World T20 champions, and the only team to win the World T20 twice, are a rubbish T20 side. Wins against them should not be taken seriously.
    The full-strength West Indies doesn’t usually play in bilaterals, and they are quite average on slow pitches. They cannot play the turning ball.
    Last edited by hadi123; 13th June 2018 at 22:03.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    342
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The full-strength West Indies doesn’t usually play in bilaterals, and they are quite average on slow pitches. They cannot play the turning ball.
    Where did they win the last World T20?

  18. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,725
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The full-strength West Indies doesnít usually play in bilaterals, and they are quite average on slow pitches. They cannot play the turning ball.
    Didnít stop them thrashing India... oops I thought Kohli alone would beat them 4 out of 5 times.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,820
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taaya View Post
    Where did they win the last World T20?
    Indiaís Limited Overs pitches are flat.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,089
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taaya View Post
    Where did they win the last World T20?
    A full sized MCG with the bouncy wicket of Perth of the 90s.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,820
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Didnít stop them thrashing India... oops I thought Kohli alone would beat them 4 out of 5 times.
    They have beaten them twice due to brilliant individual knocks by Lewis. Individual brilliance can happen any time anywhere.

    The bowling attack that won Pakistan the Champions Trophy was thrashed by Jason Mohamed and failed to defend a 310+ score.

    The same attack was destroyed by Grandhomme in the fourth ODI in New Zealand.

    The point is that you cannot really factor in for individual brilliance. Any team can beat any team on a given day, but the better team prevails over a large sample.

    India is comfortably a better T20 team than West Indies.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,725
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The bowling attack that won Pakistan the Champions Trophy was thrashed by Jason Mohamed and failed to defend a 310+ score
    That attack had Wahab, not Junaid.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    1,047
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    They have beaten them twice due to brilliant individual knocks by Lewis. Individual brilliance can happen any time anywhere.

    The bowling attack that won Pakistan the Champions Trophy was thrashed by Jason Mohamed and failed to defend a 310+ score.

    The same attack was destroyed by Grandhomme in the fourth ODI in New Zealand.

    The point is that you cannot really factor in for individual brilliance. Any team can beat any team on a given day, but the better team prevails over a large sample.

    India is comfortably a better T20 team than West Indies.
    Are 2 T20 world cups large enough of a sample size

  24. #24
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,181
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    They have beaten them twice due to brilliant individual knocks by Lewis. Individual brilliance can happen any time anywhere.

    The bowling attack that won Pakistan the Champions Trophy was thrashed by Jason Mohamed and failed to defend a 310+ score.

    The same attack was destroyed by Grandhomme in the fourth ODI in New Zealand.

    The point is that you cannot really factor in for individual brilliance. Any team can beat any team on a given day, but the better team prevails over a large sample.

    India is comfortably a better T20 team than West Indies.
    Jason Mohammad took apart a bowling attack with Wahab Riaz in it. Not the same bowling that won us the CT.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    21,711
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good run. Want to see us play South Africa,Australia,and India to know how good this side really is.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,079
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Good run. Want to see us play South Africa,Australia,and India to know how good this side really is.
    Just cause a certain poster mention AUS and SA all the time doesnt make them good T20 sides. This Pak team will beat them most of the times. They wont be able to handle our bowling. Will be chocked easily.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,079
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    They have beaten them twice due to brilliant individual knocks by Lewis. Individual brilliance can happen any time anywhere.

    The bowling attack that won Pakistan the Champions Trophy was thrashed by Jason Mohamed and failed to defend a 310+ score.

    The same attack was destroyed by Grandhomme in the fourth ODI in New Zealand.

    The point is that you cannot really factor in for individual brilliance. Any team can beat any team on a given day, but the better team prevails over a large sample.

    India is comfortably a better T20 team than West Indies.
    And what happened when India played WI in India during the world T20 in own conditions. Did Lewis happen?

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    21,711
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    Just cause a certain poster mention AUS and SA all the time doesnt make them good T20 sides. This Pak team will beat them most of the times. They wont be able to handle our bowling. Will be chocked easily.

    Australia have a team full of good T20 players even though they haven't done well at world T20s.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,820
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    And what happened when India played WI in India during the world T20 in own conditions. Did Lewis happen?
    A full-strength West Indies team on flat decks is very dangerous. They keep hitting sixes on regular basis.

    They also had a stroke of luck when Simmons was dismissed of a no-ball, who went on to play a pivotal knock.

    West Indies also demolished Pakistan in the 2014 WT20, Ajmal got the beating of his life.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,154
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great going. Full credit to Mickey Arthur and Sarfaraz. Real test would be against the likes of SA and Australia away from home.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,820
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    That attack had Wahab, not Junaid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Jason Mohammad took apart a bowling attack with Wahab Riaz in it. Not the same bowling that won us the CT.
    Amir, Hasan and Shadab were all taken to the cleaners as well. Wahab is an easy target, but it isnít always his fault.

    Also, Junaid is a mediocre bowler who is always on the cusp of getting thrashed. Donít be fooled by his recent purple patch.

    Shinwari is better. He is more skillful, quicker and can make use of the new ball, unlike gun-barrel straight Junaid.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,820
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Are 2 T20 world cups large enough of a sample size
    The 2012-2016 West Indies team is arguably the best T20 side in the world on flat wickets. Of course itís a good sample size.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    4,346
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And they said captaincy doesn't matter. Same Pakistan team was destroyed in Wt20 2016 after which a certain superstar said there is no talent in Pakistan.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  34. #34
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,089
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The better team prevails over a large sample and that is why WI have lost just one T20 to India in the last 5 years.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    342
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    India’s Limited Overs pitches are flat.
    Sure, whatever fits your narrative. If you weren't so mentally trapped by your own narrative, you might see that pitches in West Indies these days are mostly slow and turning tracks. Just because one or two of their players have no clue against spin doesn't mean their whole team cannot.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,820
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taaya View Post
    Sure, whatever fits your narrative. If you weren't so mentally trapped by your own narrative, you might see that pitches in West Indies these days are mostly slow and turning tracks. Just because one or two of their players have no clue against spin doesn't mean their whole team cannot.
    Pitches in West Indies have been slow and low for years, and that is they haven't been great in bilateral T20 matches. West Indies would have had more success in Limited Overs cricket over the years if their home pitches would have been flat.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,820
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    The better team prevails over a large sample and that is why WI have lost just one T20 to India in the last 5 years.
    Give India 10 matches against West Indies and they will win all. Their spin duo of Chahal and Yadav is best in the world.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,820
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    And they said captaincy doesn't matter. Same Pakistan team was destroyed in Wt20 2016 after which a certain superstar said there is no talent in Pakistan.
    Sarfraz is a better captain than Afridi, but he hasn't been properly tested yet in bilateral cricket. New Zealand was the only tough ODI series post the Champions Trophy, and his team was destroyed.

    Give Afridi so many T20 matches against weak opposition and he will have an impressive W/L ratio as well. For all his dumb captaincy, it took 6 dropped catches to ensure that his team does not make it to the World Cup Final.

    Sarfraz is a far better ODI captain than Azhar, but we cannot ignore the fact that Azhar led Pakistan in 15 ODIs against England and Australia in less than a year. That is a nightmare for any captain, led alone a player leading a struggling side.

    How would Sarfraz fare in 15 ODIs against England and Australia in less than a year?

    Captaincy is not just about W/L ratio - it is important to enjoy wins, but one should always be able to put things into perspective. As I said, he is better than Afridi and Azhar, but he is yet to prove his credentials.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,725
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Give India 10 matches against West Indies and they will win all. Their spin duo of Chahal and Yadav is best in the world.
    Based on 1 series

  40. #40
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,818
    Mentioned
    1627 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I read ZIM tri-nation is on, which should produce 3 PAK-AUS T20 - weíll definitely see both sides there. One thing I can say is that current PAK side is quite ruthless - donít loose games thatís not expected, which is the first sign of a good, focused unit.

    Substandard opponents is indeed an asterisk on the W/L but one canít choose opponents; rather what one can do is set own standard & demolish substandard teams, if so. Few years back, PAK actually lost 2 ODIs in 3 series to ZIM (would have been 3 in 3 for sure), lost a Test in ZIM & lost couple of T20s to us - from there itís been quite a turn around indeed.

    However, everything will get back to squire (& the issue of quality of opponents) will get exposed if the 3 T20s against AUS doesnít end at least 2-1 in favour. It can happen that a team suffers one bad day & that day unfortunately is final, but PAK must win 2 out of 3 against Aussies at their lowest point in many years.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,820
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Based on 1 series
    It is not about the number of series, no other team has two quality Limited Overs spinners in their side. Having the pair of Chahal and Yadav gives India considerable advantage over other teams who have only one quality spinner.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,089
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Give India 10 matches against West Indies and they will win all. Their spin duo of Chahal and Yadav is best in the world.
    India's limited over pitches are flat. Yadav and Chahal will get smashed just like in SA T20s. Chahal gave 64 in 4 overs and was dropped in the last T20 of that series.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •