Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

ODI Tri-Series : Bangladesh(213/5) defeats West Indies(152/1) by 5 wickets to win the series (D/L)

Schedule of Tri-Series

(all matches start 5:45am ECT/4:45am Jamaica)
    Sunday, May 5: Ireland vs West Indies – Clontarf
    Tuesday, May 7: West Indies vs Bangladesh – Clontarf
    Thursday, May 9: Ireland vs Bangladesh – Malahide
    Saturday, May 11: Ireland vs West Indies – Malahide
    Monday, May 13: West Indies vs Bangladesh – Malahide
    Wednesday, May 15: Ireland vs Bangladesh – Clontarf
    Friday, May 17: The Final – Malahide
    Last edited by gazza619; 18th May 2019 at 03:39.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hope Ireland gives strong performances.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Jason Holder, the West Indies captain, views the upcoming tri-nation series, against the hosts Ireland and Bangladesh, as a means to fine-tune the team ahead of the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup 2019, which begins on 30 May in England and Wales.

Eight of West Indies' 15-member squad will gain some valuable match practice in the tri-series, which gets underway on Sunday, 5 May. "Once we hit all three departments in terms of batting, bowling and fielding well, we'll definitely be a good side at the end of it," said the 27-year-old. "We see this as an opportunity to get into some match practice and start our preparations into the World Cup."

With a number of Windies players, including the likes of Chris Gayle and Andre Russell, still playing in the Indian Premier League 2019, there is an opportunity for others to display their skill.

"These guys will see it as an opportunity to showcase what they can do at an international level," said Holder. "I guess many of them haven't played international cricket and have not played ODI cricket, and it's just an opportunity for them to be seen on this circuit. I'm sure they will be keen for an opportunity (to make it to the Playing XI)."

One of the surprise inclusions in the Windies squad was of the experienced fast bowler Shannon Gabriel, who last played an ODI in 2017. Holder, however, expects Gabriel to play the role of an enforcer on what are expected to be batting-friendly pitches in England and Wales.

The tri-series is an opportunity for Gabriel to acclimatise as well. "Coming to England, you tend to be gifted with some really good conditions in terms of batting," observed Holder. "There tend to be a lot of high-scoring games and you basically have to outscore the opposition. Most of the times when you do bowl well, you take wickets at the front.

"Shannon is one we see as an impact player. His role is to come in and make inroads into the middle order. There's been an area of concern in the past where we've struggled to get wickets in the middle period. So having a guy like Shannon who has pace and experience, it's good to have him there and push things for us."

West Indies play the tri-series opener in Dublin against Ireland on 5 May.

https://www.cricketworldcup.com/news/1208865

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I hope, we have at least 6 completed games (50/50 overs games are impossible in Ireland, at least we should expect a 20/20 finish, better than wash out). If Ireland is to become a cricket force, they have to do something with this - can't fix weather, and can't play in autumn/winter, so they have to do it other way. It's one of the richest country in world in terms of per capita GDP - they should look to build couple of indoor stadiums.

I didn't like this tri-series before WC, because winning against IRL or even WIN doesn't prove anything, but losing will be harmful for confidence. Also, Irish weather & ground condition isn't encouraging for players fitness - we are carrying a squad made with fragile glass. 10-12 "acclimatization" games against County sides would have been better.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I’d be surprised if Bangladesh beats Ireland. Now with Gayle with the West Indies, no chance either team will win a single match against them. Bangladesh’s aim should be to beat Ireland and compete against West Indies,

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
    I’d be surprised if Bangladesh beats Ireland. Now with Gayle with the West Indies, no chance either team will win a single match against them. Bangladesh’s aim should be to beat Ireland and compete against West Indies,
    I'll be happy if we avoid conceding bonus points in every game - such taluntless bunch shouldn't even deserve to be in WC.

By the way, somehow we did manage to beat WIN at their home and yes, surprisingly Gayle was playing also.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I'll be happy if we avoid conceding bonus points in every game - such taluntless bunch shouldn't even deserve to be in WC.

By the way, somehow we did manage to beat WIN at their home and yes, surprisingly Gayle was playing also.
    Some of the squad selection for the Wc is very strange. Baffling, that Taskin Ahmed is not there. That one trick pony mustafiz will be exposed badly. Also what happened to arafat sunny? The guy that ended fawad Alams career. I don’t understand the obsession with players like naeem Islam.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Some of the squad selection for the Wc is very strange. Baffling, that Taskin Ahmed is not there. That one trick pony mustafiz will be exposed badly. Also what happened to arafat sunny? The guy that ended fawad Alams career. I don’t understand the obsession with players like naeem Islam.
    I bumped a thread tonight, which had my WC squad predicted few months back .... yes, 14.5 correct and if Taskin makes it, all 15 will be correct.

I think, those who follow BD cricket actually without trolling, do realize that this is the best squad picked, absolutely nothing strange. Team can perform poorer or better than expectation based on their talunt, but I don't see any way this squad can be improved.

This Naeem Islam is a 18 years old off-spinner - took a 5for on Test debut and can bat a bit as well, would have made the squad had this WC been in Asia. What he actually is, hopefully we'll see in next few years.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Westindies is listed amongst top contender for semifinal in upcoming worldcup .The trination should be walk in park for them

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I bumped a thread tonight, which had my WC squad predicted few months back .... yes, 14.5 correct and if Taskin makes it, all 15 will be correct.

I think, those who follow BD cricket actually without trolling, do realize that this is the best squad picked, absolutely nothing strange. Team can perform poorer or better than expectation based on their talunt, but I don't see any way this squad can be improved.

This Naeem Islam is a 18 years old off-spinner - took a 5for on Test debut and can bat a bit as well, would have made the squad had this WC been in Asia. What he actually is, hopefully we'll see in next few years.
    I think I mixed the names up. I think the 18 year old guy is naeem Hasan. I was talking about naeem Islam the guy that does the cobra dance celebration.

Also, what are your views in Mohammad naeem the young upcoming batsman averaging 50 at a strike of almost 90 in first class!!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ireland won the toss and elected to field.

West Indies: Campbell, Hope, Bravo, Chase, Carter, Ambris, Holder, Nurse, Roach, Cottrell, Gabriel

Ireland: Porterfield, Stirling, Balbirnie, Tucker, O'Brien, Wilson, Dockrell, Adair, Little, Murtagh, McCarthy

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    WI 71/0 (14.4) CRR: 4.84
    Ireland opt to bowl

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    WI 142/0 (25.0) CRR: 5.68

heading for a big total

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't look like its broadcasted anywhere.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I think I mixed the names up. I think the 18 year old guy is naeem Hasan. I was talking about naeem Islam the guy that does the cobra dance celebration.

Also, what are your views in Mohammad naeem the young upcoming batsman averaging 50 at a strike of almost 90 in first class!!
    The dancer’s name is Nazmul, not even in reserves and rightly so.

I have noticed lefti teen Naeem averaging 50+, but haven’t seen him batting as kid has started career recently.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Ireland have stagnated since the 2011 World Cup. The bulk of their squad has been around for over a decade now and not enough young talent is coming through. Their performances in the U-19 World Cups are nothing to be proud of either.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    WI 223/0 (36.0) CRR: 6.19

Heading for a big total here

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shai Hope looking in good form.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imam and Fakhar's partnership record is in danger.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    This is not even West Indies full strength side.

Ireland getting a shellacking.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Imam and Fakhar's partnership record is in danger.
    And they've broken it.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh got schooled today.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh Ireland

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Crazy looking scorecard

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ireland took a beating against windies B side!

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Doesn't look like its broadcasted anywhere.
    Being shown BBC sports app in UK

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    West Indies look scary, and this isn’t even full strength.

Should be a great WC.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    For those asking about broadcast coverage - the tournament is being streamed on the BBC Sport website.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bangadeshis lost against ire-a

Bangladesh just lost against Ireland a. Mustafizur wasn't playing however.

IRE-A: 307/8
    Ban: 219

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Damn, that's embarrassing.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will beat us in the upcoming World Cup match.

Or not?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is this a news, Its BD.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Why is this a news, Its BD.
    They have outperformed Pakistan multiple times in the last 4 years.....

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    They have outperformed Pakistan multiple times in the last 4 years.....
    3 times in 2015
    Once in 2019

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And WI B is pummelling the real Ireland......

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @RainMan_ what's the reason?

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 times in 2015
    Once in 2019
    2018 Sorry.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    3 times in 2015
    Once in 2019
    3-0 ODIS 2015
    1-0 T20s 2015
    1-1 T20s 2016
    1-0 ODIS 2018

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Ya Allah!! Rahem kar Malik - WIN B beat IRL A by 200 runs & now same day IRL B has beaten these taluntless bunch by almost 100 .... next game, I hope WIN A doesn’t molars these talentless bunch by 300+ margin.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ya Allah!! Rahem kar Malik - WIN B beat IRL A by 200 runs & now same day IRL B has beaten these taluntless bunch by almost 100 .... next game, I hope WIN A doesn’t molars these talentless bunch by 300+ margin.
    It's alright.

Conditions are different.

Boys will bounce back.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-0 ODIS 2015
    1-0 T20s 2015
    1-1 T20s 2016
    1-0 ODIS 2018
    Better include Pakistan losing against BCB XI as well in 2015.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Forgot about that

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's alright.

Conditions are different.

Boys will bounce back.
    How different?

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot about that
    We nearly lost in 2017 as well. I have a feeling we might lose the practice match against ban.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Different context - that time an elite team was flexing their muscles in a practice game; here the taluntless minnows were trying their skill n out to make it close and managed to avoid follow on.

ICC should replace BD with IRL B in the WC.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    John Campbell and Shai Hope recorded the highest ever opening partnership in ODIs as West Indies defeated Ireland by 196 runs in the first match of the Ireland Tri-Series.

Campbell notched 179 in just 137 balls, extending his maiden ODI ton to the fourth highest score by any West Indian in the format, while Hope hit 170 from 152, sharing a stand of 365. This also sits as the second-highest partnership in ODI history, behind compatriots Chris Gayle and Marlon Samuels who hit 372 against Zimbabwe in the 2015 Men's Cricket World Cup.

West Indies hit 381/3, while Ireland effort could only muster 185 with the bat, falling 196 short, and beating Campbell's solo effot by just six runs.

Having been put into bat, West Indies took control of the game from the early stages. Despite not initially exploding into life, the openers gradually gathered steam as the innings wore on, Campbell bringing up his first hundred in the format from 99 deliveries and Hope reaching the milestone from 112.

They both kicked on expertly, turning their centuries into big ones, and ramping up their strike-rates to push their side to the highest ever ODI score recorded in Ireland.

Campbell and Hope both fell to Barry McCarthy (2/76) in the 48th over, and Jason Holder was the third victim, departing on the last ball of the innings as he looked to go big to Mark Adair (1/84).

Ireland were valiant in their efforts with the bat, however the pressure of maintaining the run-rate in pursuit of such a big total proved too great, and no batsman was able to kick on and record a big score.

The first three Irish wickets fell in quick succession at the start of the side's innings, Kemar Roach accounting for Paul Stirling (0) and William Porterfield (12), before Sheldon Cottrell pinned the home side to 21/3 with the wicket of Lorcan Tucker (0).

Kevin O'Brien and Andrew Balbirnie then took the reins, batting smartly, albeit behind the required run-rate, until the latter took a blow to the head from Shannon Gabriel and was forced to depart the field.
    Gary Wilson took over, and momentum was just beginning to take form for the Irish when Kevin O'Brien (68), having notched his 17th ODI 50 in dominant style, smashed the ball straight to Holder at mid-off, the first of four scalps for spinner Ashley Nurse (4/51).

Wilson added 30 before falling to Gabriel, with Balbirnie having resumed his position out in the middle after making a startling quick recovery.

Balbirnie (29) lost his wicket to Gabriel shortly after, and Nurse cleaned up the tail with relative ease as West Indies cantered to a 196-run victory.

West Indies take on Bangladesh on 7 May in the next match of the Tri-Series, while Ireland also play Bangladesh in their next game on 9 May.

https://www.cricketworldcup.com/news/1210021
    Last edited by MenInG; 6th May 2019 at 00:29.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    DUBLIN – West Indian opening pair of John Campbell and Shai Hope dominated the day in a big win over Ireland in the first match of the Walton One-Day Series at Clontarf today.

After losing the toss and being sent into bat, Campbell (179 from 137 balls) and Shai Hope (170 from 152 balls) put on a 365-run opening stand – the highest first-wicket stand in one-day international cricket history.

While Ireland’s bowlers were on the back foot, the returning Barry McCarthy claimed two wickets (2-76), and Mark Adair claimed his first international wicket for Ireland.

Ireland’s response got off to a positive start with captain William Porterfield hit three boundaries in the first six balls, but the loss of early wickets meant Ireland was always going to be fighting to keep in the fight.

Andy Balbirnie, batting positively with several flourishing shots, was struck in the helmet and had to retire hurt. He returned later, eventually dismissed for 29 – during the innings he scored his 1,500th ODI run for Ireland in this his 100th match for the men in green.

But the best innings of the Ireland batting response went to Kevin O’Brien who hit 68 from 77 balls (seven fours, one six). O’Brien looked in total charge of the bowlers – even the fastest seamers in the Windies attack:

“Shannon [Gabriel] roughed up a few of us, but we’re going to be facing the quickest bowlers in the world now. I enjoy facing them, as strange as it seems, it’s a challenge, to get in and get into the fight. It’s interesting facing the quickest bowlers, but it’s enjoyable at times.”

After O’Brien fell, wickets tumbled at regular intervals and Ireland were dismissed for 185, handing West Indies a 196-run victory.

After the match, Kevin O’Brien gave his assessment:

“It wasn’t best day in the office. The difference between Friday’s match [against England] and today was that on Friday everything stuck which is great for us on the day, but today everything went just out of reach – they didn’t really give any chances. You’ve got to give them credit, they played very well, it was just unfortunate we didn’t turn up in the field and let them get in and get away.”

“We were well placed at one stage to chase a total of 330, but perhaps the start we had losing early wickets made it difficult of course to chase 380.”

When asked what the last two games have taught the Irish side, O’Brien said:

“I think we’ve learnt how clinical we have to be, to deal with the bad ball and in the field - we can’t drop any catches and have to take the run out chances when they come. Our bowling has to be spot on as we don’t have the raw pace that other teams have, so we’ve got to be very accurate. It’s good that the young guys are experiencing this cricket, the likes of Mark Adair and Lorcan and Josh as well, even the likes of Barry McCarthy who has been in and out of the side as well, it was good for him to get in and get a few wickets – he got his 50th ODI wicket which was good for him.”

The next match in the Tri-Series is on Tuesday at the same venue between West Indies and Bangladesh.

SCORECARD IN BRIEF

Ireland v West Indies, one-day international, 5 May 2019, Clontarf Cricket Club

West Indies 381-3 (50 overs; J Campbell 179, S Hope 170; B McCarthy 2-76)
    Ireland 185 (34.4 overs; K O’Brien 68, G Wilson 30; A Nurse 4-51)

West Indies won by 196 runs

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Apparently Campbell and Hope have set a world record for the highest ODI opening stand.

Gayle and Samuels hold the ODI record for highest ODI partnership in any batting position.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    DUBLIN, Ireland – Shai Hope and Chris Gayle have been named as the vice captains of West Indies team for the Ireland Tri-Nation Series and ICC Cricket World Cup, respectively.

Hope, the 25-year-old wicket-keeper/batsman was named as the deputy to Jason Holder for the ODI Series which started on Sunday and runs until May 18. He played his 50th match for West Indies on Sunday and has so far scored 1,947 runs (average 48.67) including five centuries.

Gayle, the hugely experienced 39-year-old opener and former captain, will be Holder’s deputy for the ICC Cricket World Cup to be played in England and Wales from May 30 to July 14. He has played 289 matches with 10,151 runs (average 38.16) including 25 centuries and 51 half centuries. His career-best is 215 against Zimbabwe during the ICC World Cup four years ago – the highest score by a West Indian in this format.

“It’s a tremendous honour to be appointed vice captain for this series here in Ireland. Ahead of this tournament I was asked to take on this role and I was happy to accept. Anything I’m asked to do for West Indies cricket I’m always happy and willing to put my hand up, so this is great,” Hope said.

Gayle said: “It is always an honour to represent the West Indies in any format and this World Cup for me is special. As a senior player it is my responsibility to support the captain and everyone else in the team. This will probably be the biggest World Cup, so there will be great expectations and I know we will do very well for the people of the West Indies.”

The West Indies started the Tri-Nation Series on Sunday when they defeated Ireland by 196 runs at the picturesque Clontarf Ground. Hope made a career-best 170 and added a record opening stand of 365 with John Campbell – who scored 179 – his maiden international century.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    West Indies won the toss and elected to bat against Bangladesh.

West Indies: 1 Shane Dowrich, 2 Shai Hope (wk), 3 Darren Bravo, 4 Roston Chase, 5 Jonathan Carter, 6 Sunil Ambris, 7 Ashley Nurse, 8 Jason Holder (capt), 9 Kemar Roach, 10 Sheldon Cotterell, 11 Shannon Gabriel

Bangladesh: 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Soumya Sarkar, 3 Shakib Al Hasan, 4 Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), 5 Mohammad Mithun, 6 Mahmudullah, 7 Sabbir Rahman, 8 Mohammad Saifuddin, 9 Mashrafe Mortaza, 10 Mehidy Hasan Miraz, 11 Mustafizur Rahman
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 7th May 2019 at 15:06.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Temperature is still in single digit which is going to trouble our boys, but at least they are not facing the early morning charge by WIN pacers.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    First ball is a freebie down the leg side from Saifuddin and four !

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    That looked out to me.

Very good over from Mashrafe.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Ambris looking uncomfortable against lateral movement.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just 8 off the last 4 overs. Very good start from Bangladesh new ball bowlers.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Another international fifty for Shai Hope.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice score to chase in this small ground, good comeback by BD, induced a WI collapse.
    WI 261-9

Bangladesh bats down to number 10 , only Fizz can't score much runs in this team at 11.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff from Saifuddin, if he can continue to ball well he can give a lot of depth to BD batting as well with batting upto no 9 and Mortaza is also a decent hitter.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mushrafe has turned out to be one of the best leaders in the last decade or so, difference his presence makes to the BD unit is extraordinary.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WI should have scored 300+.They had plenty of wickets in hand at one stage but could not time the innings properly.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    WI 261/9 (50.0)
    BAN 1/0 (0.1) CRR: 6 REQ: 5.24
    Bangladesh need 261 runs

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh 60-0 after 12.5

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    WI bowling doesn't have any depth. Even Afgan can beat this WI team. I thing 7-10 will be Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan and WI.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    WI bowling doesn't have any depth. Even Afgan can beat this WI team. I thing 7-10 will be Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan and WI.
    Lol. Sri lanka is missing.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh 100-0 after 18 4.

Holder, Roach , Gabriel , Cottrell , Nurse and Chase are all playing in this bowling attack.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lol. Sri lanka is missing.
    Ohh!!! its then Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, WI/ Afghanistan.

Who is missing from WI line up? Jason Holder doesn't looks any big deal unfortunately.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Who is missing from WI line up? Jason Holder doesn't looks any big deal unfortunately.
    Gayle, Russell and Hetmyer all played in their home series Vs Bangladesh but they still ended up losing the whole ODI series last year in Caribbean

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangladesh_Fan View Post
    Gayle, Russell and Hetmyer all played in their home series Vs Bangladesh but they still ended up losing the whole ODI series last year in Caribbean
    Only Russel is good. Hetmyer and Gayle can't play spin.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    866 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    131 for No loss , very good opening partnership for BD here

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    696 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They look a different side now. Bit inconsistent but on a flat track they can cause mayhem. Can beat any team , even England, on their day.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Chill down and relax bro; you have named teams ranked from 6 to 10 for spots of 7 to 10; which I think no one needs explanation.

These are sort of practice games and don’t look at it too much. As I said, instead of this tournament, I would have loved to see boys playing 10-12 List A games against County sides to acclimatise with the weather and wickets.

WIN will have a different team for WC and they’ll surprise some potential favourites as well - only certain starter for them in WC today carried the score to 260, which is most important insights for their batting. Their bowling looks a bit flat but today they might have taken it a bit easy against taluntless BD batsmen.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really impressed by Soumya's comeback. He looked out of sorts with his technical flaws exposed and inevitably got dropped. But he seems to have gone away and really worked on his game and returned to the team better than ever. Smashed a blistering century in New Zealand and on his to another fine innings abroad.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    866 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    WI bowling looking toothless here , not a single wicket so far.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Really impressed by Soumya's comeback. He looked out of sorts with his technical flaws exposed and inevitably got dropped. But he seems to have gone away and really worked on his game and returned to the team better than ever. Smashed a blistering century in New Zealand and on his to another fine innings abroad.
    Never was a doubt and we missed a trick in Asia Cup by not opening with him. He has the natural gift of sweet timing and placement, just needed discipline in his shot selection and tightening his defence - talunt bahut kam tha but skills were always there. In fact, Liton will also make a come back.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never was a doubt and we missed a trick in Asia Cup by not opening with him. He has the natural gift of sweet timing and placement, just needed discipline in his shot selection and tightening his defence - talunt bahut kam tha but skills were always there. In fact, Liton will also make a come back.
    Sarkar has already surpassed Tamim, Mushy, Shakib of 2007-2010. Those guys were averaging in 20s at that time. If Sarkar improves his game like Tamim, he has the potential to be best BD batsman till date. Obviously, with BD players thats a big IF.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Little concerning that both the openers crossed 75 but couldn’t finish the hundred. This opportunities don’t come every day and they won’t have the comfort of chasing below per target against an off colour attack on their shallow day. At least Tanim should have got his hundred today. Still we should win, but there is a big difference in chasing with one of the top 3/opener not out with a big hundred.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Happy with a convincing win, personal milestones in this series won't matter at the World Cup. Others are also able to have a bat now. It's good to see Soumya in form

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Sarkar has already surpassed Tamim, Mushy, Shakib of 2007-2010. Those guys were averaging in 20s at that time. If Sarkar improves his game like Tamim, he has the potential to be best BD batsman till date. Obviously, with BD players thats a big IF.
    Soumya was always a treat to watch. Some one who could hit Rabada either side of point on vertical bat must have something special. I think, batting won’t be a big issue going forward, and there will be batsmen to replace Tamim, Mushi - Soumya definitely can be one.

I don’t like this order with top 3 lefti. Liton missed out to Mithun, which is understandable, but then they should bat Sabbir or even Mushi at 3, keeping Shakib at 5. Otherwise, this line up is becoming too predictable and these 3 lefties are so similar with their batting style that it’s almost like bowling in nets to one batsman. In the long run, Tamim should drop down to 3 & Soumya- Liton should open. The next kid in block Nayeem is also lefti, which is a problem. For an unknown reason we probably produce highest number of lefti in top order, which now has become counter productive.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Happy with a convincing win, personal milestones in this series won't matter at the World Cup. Others are also able to have a bat now. It's good to see Soumya in form
    Didn’t win it yet, but should.

More than happy, I am actually relieved- I was genuinely concerned that after the all important practice game against IRL reserves, kahin ICC World Cup status na wapas kare....

Now, I can relax a bit & enjoy even boys to loose next 3 games ........

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Soumya was always a treat to watch. Some one who could hit Rabada either side of point on vertical bat must have something special. I think, batting won’t be a big issue going forward, and there will be batsmen to replace Tamim, Mushi - Soumya definitely can be one.

I don’t like this order with top 3 lefti. Liton missed out to Mithun, which is understandable, but then they should bat Sabbir or even Mushi at 3, keeping Shakib at 5. Otherwise, this line up is becoming too predictable and these 3 lefties are so similar with their batting style that it’s almost like bowling in nets to one batsman. In the long run, Tamim should drop down to 3 & Soumya- Liton should open. The next kid in block Nayeem is also lefti, which is a problem. For an unknown reason we probably produce highest number of lefti in top order, which now has become counter productive.
    What about Yasir Ali?

I think you raise a good point but your top 3 looks so strong now.