Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would Umar Akmal have done worse than Shoaib Malik and Asif Ali in batting and fielding?

Wahab was not selected initially but recalled due to his good form in Pakistan cup, where Umar Akmal also looked in great touch. Wish he was recalled too.

The way Malik and Asif are batting and particularly their awful fielding shows it was not a wise decision to dump UA in favor of these two.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have selected Umar akmal over asif.
    Asif is a nothing player.

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal was always a better choice!

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    He is a million miles better than snowflake Asif, but that is beside the point. Pakistan would have had a much better chance of winning games just by including one of the proper batsmen they've got in their squad in Haris Sohail. Yes he's an accumulator, but at least it means if you are chasing a score of around 330 or less you will have a chance. He would have increased our chances of winning today by 30%.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy to say that Umar would be the better choice now. There is no guarantee that he would have done any better.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar is a serial choker. Wouldn't have done any better than Asif.

Umar is a better fielder though in the outfield.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He would have done better. No doubt.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall on this tour in 7 matches on mostly flat quick wickets Umar would've been one of the best batsmen so yes he would easily do better than Malik and Asif put together?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar didn't help himself because of his stupid decisions to go to a concert

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Umar threads gotta love them

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to focus on the what nows rather than the what ifs.

However, obviously UA could have done better than Shoaib Backbone Malik.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KhanNn View Post

The way he threw his wicket away didn’t help either.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t have bet on UA finishing this chase though if he were playing in place of Malik/Asif. A brain fade is always coming.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    UA >>>> Asif and Malik put together

Micky Arthur’s ego has cost Pakistan

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Umar is a serial choker. Wouldn't have done any better than Asif.

Umar is a better fielder though in the outfield.
    Umar has won matches before. It will be a cold day in hell before Asif Ali ever wins a match in a pressure situation.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Umar chokes as well and his fielding wasn't up to his standards in the last series

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Umar has won matches before. It will be a cold day in hell before Asif Ali ever wins a match in a pressure situation.
    Umar before 2013 and after is a hell of a difference. Actually only won games in his first year.

Something just went wrong with him. It's like he lost it.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Umar before 2013 and after is a hell of a difference. Actually only won games in his first year.

Something just went wrong with him. It's like he lost it.
    Agreed he has lost it, but still rather have a thick or careless batsman than a bottler like Asif.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar had plenty of chances but yes he would have done better than malik and asif,asif is almost as brainless as umar.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If somebody digs out my old posts or the posts immediately after the Australia ODI series, I was always in support of Umar Akmal over Asif and Malik.

On these pitches he would have given us something.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubt it. Would’ve slogged a long hop down mid wickets throat.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal would never have survived the amount of Bounce Coulter Nile and Cummins were extracting in the afternoon.

He would've either gto an LBW with one nipping in or Finch would've had him spooning one in the air
    maing take the bait at mid-wicket.

Asif Ali and Sohaib MAqsood are one of the only few players in Pakistan who can hit a bowl for six over extra cover. They have a huge range of shots in the front v. Umar Akmal hitting range is restricted between long on and mid-wicket which is why he tries to hit a bowl on 5th stump towards mid wicket.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone would’ve done better than Asif. He scored 5 and dropped 2 catches. Can’t get any worse than this.
    Although Umar Akmal is also mentally weak but his hitting is way better than Malik and Asif combined. Also, Akmal is a good fielder.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would you have known if you didn’t give Asif a chance, you guys need to look past Umar Akmal.
    Mukhtar, Awais Zia, hell Fawad Alam or Shahid Afridi would have been a better choice at this point.
    But the question remains the same
    “How would you have known if you didn’t provide opportunity.”

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol Asif Ali is not good enough to clean Umar Akmal shoes, its a sad day that we don't have any alternative to a pathetic power hitter like Umar Akmal , he is the best of the worst power hitting lot we have these days.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar would have done infinetly better than malik and asif, but i would not use him as a finisher. Swap him with fakhar, so umar opens and fakhar is our finisher.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You can group these kind of people together:

- Amir haters
    - Umar Akmal haters
    - Haris Sohail haters

This group usually has similar thoughts, and are clueless.

Of course, including Umar would have helped. However, benching Haris who is ALREADY in the squad is CRIMINAL.

Mickey and Sarfraz are clueless - we lost the match due to them.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneking View Post
    How would you have known if you didn’t give Asif a chance, you guys need to look past Umar Akmal.
    Mukhtar, Awais Zia, hell Fawad Alam or Shahid Afridi would have been a better choice at this point.
    But the question remains the same
    “How would you have known if you didn’t provide opportunity.”
    Yes of course Fawad would've put the Aussies away yesterday with his muscular sixes.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

- Amir haters
    - Umar Akmal haters
    - Haris Sohail haters

Of course, including Umar would have helped. However, benching Haris who is ALREADY in the squad is CRIMINAL.

Spot on bro !
    Who would pick malik over haris in a cloud cover wc match against the aussies?!!!
    I wanted umar in the team, but he shot himself in the foot with that akon video.
    So i gave asif 100% support, but asif is just not good enough. Umar has to be given another chance and someone needs to manage/mentor him!

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hindsight is 20/20.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Amir haters
    - Umar Akmal haters
    - Haris Sohail haters

The other group that lobbies for these 3 players only and ignore the rest of Pakistan what about them? Is Pakistan cricket only reserved for these players of a country that has 220 million people?

What did AMIR achieve in UAE? What has Haris achieved in recent tours in RSA, UAE and PSL? What did Umar Akmal achieve in 7 years he represented Pakistan?

Forgot about the Shoaib Malik and Kami Akmal lobby or the Babar selfish Azam lobby.
    I'm hopeful once Inzamam is kicked out this Akmal lobby will also vanish and players will be nurtured and selected on merit. Pakistan still has the ability and talent to create 2-3 world class players for every posiiton I to XI.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Malik and Asif Ali are liabilities - Malik has been a liability his whole career in England. Just get them out. Umar Akmal would've been better however it's a strange comparison to make because I highly doubt Malik or Ali would be in the team if they couldn't bowl.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROFL which matches?
    Against Kenya, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka or the 7 and down ranked teams. When he was in the team Pakistan was on such a high that it went to no. 9 rank in 2015/16. Funny if he was ever won a match against top 5. Same goes with his selfish cousin Babar Azam he is too timid and has zero footwork in early stages. He edges one to the 1st or 2nd slip in no time.
    Asif Ali is a PSL selection by yours truly chief selector who has not been selecting performers from longer format for the past 3 years.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss Ahmad Shahzad in the field. Regardless of how close/far he was to the ball, he made sure to dive and pose for camera.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeoftroy View Post
    The other group that lobbies for these 3 players only and ignore the rest of Pakistan what about them? Is Pakistan cricket only reserved for these players of a country that has 220 million people?

What did AMIR achieve in UAE? What has Haris achieved in recent tours in RSA, UAE and PSL? What did Umar Akmal achieve in 7 years he represented Pakistan?

Forgot about the Shoaib Malik and Kami Akmal lobby or the Babar selfish Azam lobby.
    I'm hopeful once Inzamam is kicked out this Akmal lobby will also vanish and players will be nurtured and selected on merit. Pakistan still has the ability and talent to create 2-3 world class players for every posiiton I to XI.
    Only other batsman i have seen who may be good enough to play for pak in odis are:-
    Abid ali
    Ahsan ali

Can you name others?
    Hear alot about saud shakeel but i havent seen him play.
    Rizwan is too slow.
    And thats it, i think!

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    ROFL which matches?
    Against Kenya, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka or the 7 and down ranked teams. When he was in the team Pakistan was on such a high that it went to no. 9 rank in 2015/16. Funny if he was ever won a match against top 5. Same goes with his selfish cousin Babar Azam he is too timid and has zero footwork in early stages. He edges one to the 1st or 2nd slip in no time.
    Asif Ali is a PSL selection by yours truly chief selector who has not been selecting performers from longer format for the past 3 years.
    Question was asked so I answered. He has won matches which is more than what Asif has done, doesn't matter who against. Did I say he should have been picked for this tournament? No.

But if you are asking would he have done better in those depts asked about in the OP, then I would have to say I would feel more confident seeing him come out ahead of either Asif or Malik. Asif is a choker, and Malik is years past his sell by date.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Umar and Kami in place of Asif and Sarfraz will raise Pakistan's winning chances by some 10% I reckon.

Misbah, Wahab, Junaid, Root, Williamson fan.
    T20 isn't Cricket

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salman24 View Post
    Umar Akmal was always a better choice!
    Akmal has a shady past.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question was asked so I answered. He has won matches which is more than what Asif has done, doesn't matter who against. Did I say he should have been picked for this tournament? No.

But if you are asking would he have done better in those depts asked about in the OP, then I would have to say I would feel more confident seeing him come out ahead of either Asif or Malik. Asif is a choker, and Malik is years past his sell by date.

Which matches? You have not at all answered. I can still remember what U. Akmal did in Sydney test in 2009 which we lost by 20-40 runs. Or the ties v India, RSA, NZ or Australia. Sohaib Maqsood in 2015 did more than him against South Africa in UAE, if he was from the Akmal clan I'm sure he would be discussed and lobbied for.

U.Akmal was shielded from the new bowl and got to enjoy all perks. Still that ***** floundered. It really boils my blood this jerk gets discussed who has wasted 7+ years while Maqsood and others who were removed to make way for inferior Malik have been ignored for so long.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Malik is debatable as he can still bash teams like SL, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, etc. and he provides a part-time off-spin bowling option.

Akmal would have been an upgrade over Asif. Not that Akmal is a world class batsman but he can easily score 20-30 runs more than what Pakistani Jos Buttler is capable of.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Should have selected Umar akmal over asif.
    Asif is a nothing player.

Exactly, Asif Ali didn't deserve it and now he Has cost a Match first with Fielding and then getting out for 5 . I hope he plays a match winning cameo in near future. But Everyone in Pakistan is obsessed with power hitters that was the reason why he was selected. Asif Ali is a poor man's Afridi (Afridi at least was a very decent Bowler)

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Wahab was not selected initially but recalled due to his good form in Pakistan cup, where Umar Akmal also looked in great touch. Wish he was recalled too.

The way Malik and Asif are batting and particularly their awful fielding shows it was not a wise decision to dump UA in favor of these two.
    As much as I don't like Umar Akmal, He is much better than Asif Ali. Harris Sohail should have played in place of Malik

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Which matches? You have not at all answered. I can still remember what U. Akmal did in Sydney test in 2009 which we lost by 20-40 runs. Or the ties v India, RSA, NZ or Australia. Sohaib Maqsood in 2015 did more than him against South Africa in UAE, if he was from the Akmal clan I'm sure he would be discussed and lobbied for.

U.Akmal was shielded from the new bowl and got to enjoy all perks. Still that ***** floundered. It really boils my blood this jerk gets discussed who has wasted 7+ years while Maqsood and others who were removed to make way for inferior Malik have been ignored for so long.
    If you seriously think Sohaib Maqsood is a better bet, despite being found wanting technically against short bowling then I don't really think there is any point in this debate. Again, I didn't say Akmal was the answer, just said he would be more capable than Asif ( soft choker) or Malik ( past sell by date). That is my opinion, you don't agree that is fine. But I told before yesterday's game that Asif would let us down under pressure and he did it in every facet he was called on, fielding, catching and batting.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you seriously think Sohaib Maqsood is a better bet, despite being found wanting technically against short bowling then I don't really think there is any point in this debate. Again, I didn't say Akmal was the answer, just said he would be more capable than Asif ( soft choker) or Malik ( past sell by date). That is my opinion, you don't agree that is fine. But I told before yesterday's game that Asif would let us down under pressure and he did it in every facet he was called on, fielding, catching and batting.
    Rofl so U. Akmal has'nt been found out what is his shot range apart from mid-wicket. Maqsood has firtness issues not discipline or technical like U.Akmal. Maqsood hits in the air but he hits in gaps not gets caught on mid-wicket.

No you are trying to justify U.Akmal you could've named any other player. More than 23 players have played in PSL, why onyl you are lobbying U.Akmal again and again?

ASif Ali is a makeshift for the accumulating losers Inzamam has chosen from #2 to #4 who can't hit to save themselves, find a multi-approach player Asif Ali will be discarded himself, he is not part of Akmal family if he does'nt click he'll not get selected unlike the Akmals.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Rofl so U. Akmal has'nt been found out what is his shot range apart from mid-wicket. Maqsood has firtness issues not discipline or technical like U.Akmal. Maqsood hits in the air but he hits in gaps not gets caught on mid-wicket.

No you are trying to justify U.Akmal you could've named any other player. More than 23 players have played in PSL, why onyl you are lobbying U.Akmal again and again?

ASif Ali is a makeshift for the accumulating losers Inzamam has chosen from #2 to #4 who can't hit to save themselves, find a multi-approach player Asif Ali will be discarded himself, he is not part of Akmal family if he does'nt click he'll not get selected unlike the Akmals.
    Why would I lobby for any player? Akmal is no relative of mine so stop talking nonsense. I am happy for any player to come into the side ahead of Akmal, but the ones we are seeing so far are not good enough for international cricket. Maqsood isn't and neither is Asif who will fail again if he is selected against India.

We need some new batsmen in the team, but the ones picked for PSL teams were all crap including Asif who I am pretty sure performed worse than Akmal even in that tournament.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would I lobby for any player? Akmal is no relative of mine so stop talking nonsense. I am happy for any player to come into the side ahead of Akmal, but the ones we are seeing so far are not good enough for international cricket. Maqsood isn't and neither is Asif who will fail again if he is selected against India.

We need some new batsmen in the team, but the ones picked for PSL teams were all crap including Asif who I am pretty sure performed worse than Akmal even in that tournament.
    I've been respoding toyour U.Akmal nonsense without calling it nonsense. I asked you on his performances you made a stqtement he has won us matches, than I ask against which you divert from that and just remark he is better than Asif and Maqsood. When I asked abouyt his technique you again diverted. Just foolishly rhyming Akmal is better, he is just better is not making sense. Asif Ali is not my favorite either. If they remove Asif Ali and Fakhar fails again[which he does], Imam and Azam won't complete 250 on a 400 pitch. U'Akmal was tested and he failed in UAE hitting Aus bowler in the air he was part of the team that lost 0-5 to Australia.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replace a mediocre player with another one.... And hoping for change of Fortune.... Good luck with that.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Terrestrial
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both Umar and Asif haven't done anything of note to get above 20 crore awaam and represent Pakistan. Yes, they have hacked at times in the PSL and have capitalised at the stupidity of the board to earn recalls.

Both will remain 30 avg mediocre players but that's a healthy sign because these numbers have proven to be good enough to last decsdes by our batting trendsetters. So there is hope for them to rotate within themselves every year or so for the next decade.

Both are set for glorious careers and will hope to get in the good books of Inzi and Mickey. That's all you need apparently.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Akmal would have done better than both 300% but but but Malik is backbone while Asif is the next phriiidi

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Replace a mediocre player with another one.... And hoping for change of Fortune.... Good luck with that.
    ^

This TBH

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cant believe people keep hoping one day he will come good.

Either I am insane for posting here or posters are insane for expecting DIFFERENT RESULTS EVERY TIME despite seeing him bat a gazillion times.

Asif is mediocre okay.

But Umar has done nothing of note either.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Why isn't there a single umar akmal support thread like that for shoaib malik

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal is an overweight, overrated, worse than mediocre cricketer who some people are desperately pinning all their hopes to. Every time he plays he fails nowadays but his "fans" always have an excuse ready. It wasn't his fault that he slogged one straight to a fielder again. No it's because he's batting too low in the order or alternatively too high in the order. His partner was scoring too slow or too fast which added pressure to him.
    Hopefully Umar Akmal continues to not get picked and his supporters live with their false sense of injustice!

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have played Harris Sohail and Shadab in place of Shoaib Malik & Asif Ali. Hope it is done against India.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can imagine a similar thread if Umar Akmal were picked and then bottled it as usual ( as he has done in 7 years of cricket so far).

" Would Asif Ali have done any worse than this TTF Akmal? "

"I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would he have done worse than Malik? Yes

Would he have done worse than Asif? A big no

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by octavian View Post
    I can imagine a similar thread if Umar Akmal were picked and then bottled it as usual ( as he has done in 7 years of cricket so far).

This is more of a diversionary thread, meaning to divert criticism from another Akmal [Babar Azam] and mafioso's nephew Imam. If one tries to see U.Akmal is used as a trigger point to divert attention from the jokes in the top order. Similar move was done to protect Shoaib Malik when he replaced a 40+ average player Fawad Alam in 2014/15.

They are hear to confuse and keep the atmosphere polarized. There are several who can be mentioned from the domestic setup but U.Akmal is pushed into the discussion who has not achieved anything apart from destroying his own career as well as Pakistan's chances. These diversionary tactics brought Pakistan rank # 9 in 2015/16 as U.Akmal was part of that illustrious team

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    As much as I dislike Umar Akmal and I mean it I dont like him I still think he is ten times better player than Asif on any given day both fielding and with the bat.

Asif is nothing player with no hope hype for nothing.

جاگن والیاں رجّ کے لٹیا اے،
    سوئے تسیں وی او، سوئے اسیں وی آں۔

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No that is not the case Asif doesn't look like he belongs in international cricket nothing player. Umar Akmal is the one with poor attitude and professionalism; there is no question on him being talented.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    No one is asking for replacement just raising a question to suggest how bad Asif is.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is more of a diversionary thread, meaning to divert criticism from another Akmal [Babar Azam] and mafioso's nephew Imam. If one tries to see U.Akmal is used as a trigger point to divert attention from the jokes in the top order. Similar move was done to protect Shoaib Malik when he replaced a 40+ average player Fawad Alam in 2014/15.

They are hear to confuse and keep the atmosphere polarized. There are several who can be mentioned from the domestic setup but U.Akmal is pushed into the discussion who has not achieved anything apart from destroying his own career as well as Pakistan's chances. These diversionary tactics brought Pakistan rank # 9 in 2015/16 as U.Akmal was part of that illustrious team
    Babar is an international star in the making and Imam is also a super effective opener for us.

Your criticism of both these players is completely baseless and reeks of non- cricketing reasons.

"I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is an international star in the making and Imam is also a super effective opener for us.

Your criticism of both these players is completely baseless and reeks of non- cricketing reasons.
    Give me a cricketing reason about these p@rchis. Lol super effective opener who can't apply a pull shot. And international star in the making after he has been with the team for 3 years rofl.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    Cant believe people keep hoping one day he will come good.

Either I am insane for posting here or posters are insane for expecting DIFFERENT RESULTS EVERY TIME despite seeing him bat a gazillion times.

Asif is mediocre okay.

But Umar has done nothing of note either.
    I remember somewhere in recent past you have created the thread in approbation of Akmal, why sudden bipolar. To me 25-30 runs is better than 5-7 with a substitute wicket keeper is value added.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaid_ahmed View Post
    I remember somewhere in recent past you have created the thread in approbation of Akmal, why sudden bipolar. To me 25-30 runs is better than 5-7 with a substitute wicket keeper is value added.
    Better to invest in a new player.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifaqat View Post
    Would he have done worse than Malik? Yes

Would he have done worse than Asif? A big no
    In which place can he do better than Asif and worse than Malik when Malik is the worst batsman currently on this tour.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    asif , shoaib , umar all doesnt deserve to be selected for the CWC for all the wrong reasons be it fitness, out of touch, nothing player, poor fielder, poor record in england etc etc..

All being said, they shouldnt have dropped UKS and Faheem for asif and hasnain in the first place.. Pak still struggling to find a new ball bowler to pair with Amir because Shaheen still learning how to bowl in these conditions, this is why i would have had Abbas who has the experience of playing here and the guy who can bowl consistently that nagging length to get the batsman to play on the front foot instead of rubbish short pitch stuff on a green wicket with overcast conditions.... Amir was bowling superbly with his first 3 overs going for 3 runs and shaheen got hammerred to 26 in 2 overs..
    Last edited by ask_analyse_act; 14th June 2019 at 00:33.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Give me a cricketing reason about these p@rchis. Lol super effective opener who can't apply a pull shot. And international star in the making after he has been with the team for 3 years rofl.
    Please educate yourself on cricket

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could, but you are beyond reasoning.

Inzi

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Give me a cricketing reason about these p@rchis. Lol super effective opener who can't apply a pull shot.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

"Starc isn't a threat" -

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He would’ve at least saved 20/30 runs in the field and would not have dropped those dollies.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Abdullah719

Rofl Starc's bouncer on 4th stump, if it was coming down his head which thankfully it did'nt he would not be able to even touch that. Would've hit him on his helmet which Ferguson bowl did in UAE and Imam saheb went in an ambulance.
    I was talking about this

https://media.giphy.com/media/PgLN3L...23kX/giphy.gif

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually if Pak had selected a team on the basis of experience + ability it would have looked differently. These things matter more in high pressure games.

We selected a team on the basis of form and look how Shaheen, Imad etc. faltered under extreme pressure. It shows the difference between high profile tournaments and bilateral series.

Amir, Wahab purely got in on the basis of experience, ability.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @Abdullah719

Rofl Starc's bouncer on 4th stump, if it was coming down his head which thankfully it did'nt he would not be able to even touch that. Would've hit him on his helmet which Ferguson bowl did in UAE and Imam saheb went in an ambulance.
    I was talking about this

https://media.giphy.com/media/PgLN3L...23kX/giphy.gif
    You said he can't play the pull shot, so I put a video of him playing the pull shot.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal has psychological issues and needs to be institutionalized, not be in a cricket team.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan wouldnt reach 200 in games they reach 290 and lose without Imam and Baber

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar is out because of disciplinary reasons as well as poor cricketing sense..

So the OP is a non issue

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

- Amir haters
    - Umar Akmal haters
    - Haris Sohail haters

Add to the fact that our 3 best players in Australia ODIs were Haris Sohail, M Rizwan and Shinwari.

Isnt it a shame that none of them were part of the eleven in the WC game against Australia.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should have been in the team and batting at 4 or 5. Your best batsman today is Hafeez. Digest it. He is the only one who can get singles with least risky shots.

The answer also somewhere lies in the fact that the top performers of Pakistan are players who were not originally selected . Wahab and Aamir.
    Joker of a selector Inzy is

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KhanNn View Post