Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 309
  1. #1
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    12,755
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    "Sportsmanship of few Champions got tested and they failed badly" : Waqar Younis


    Last edited by MenInG; 1st July 2019 at 10:06.


    'I fear the day when technology will surpass human interaction'
    - Albert Einstein

  2. #2
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,487
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing to gallery. Unless his thought process is screwed up. But typical of Pakistani cricketers who revel in such inflammatory and irresponsible statements.

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    2,024
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Playing to gallery. Unless his thought process is screwed up. But typical of Pakistani cricketers who revel in such inflammatory and irresponsible statements.
    The truth hurts, doesn't it?!!

  4. #4
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    12,755
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Playing to gallery. Unless his thought process is screwed up. But typical of Pakistani cricketers who revel in such inflammatory and irresponsible statements.
    Yes I am sure waqar younis of all people has to play to the gallery
    Last edited by HamzaSaeen; 1st July 2019 at 07:29.


    'I fear the day when technology will surpass human interaction'
    - Albert Einstein

  5. #5
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    2,040
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe if your team actually played well when it mattered...

  6. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    230
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    The truth hurts, doesn't it?!!
    Let's assume India decided to lose intentionally. I refer you to bumrah ''s last spell. He gave 25 runs in 5 overs against butler, stokes and root while firing in perfect yorkers every ball. If it was India's plan to lose he could have bowled a few bad ball which would have taken the score above 350. And no way we were going to chase that. And it would not even have eyebrows raised. So if it was our plan to lose we would have done that.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    665
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anikrc1 View Post
    Let's assume India decided to lose intentionally. I refer you to bumrah ''s last spell. He gave 25 runs in 5 overs against butler, stokes and root while firing in perfect yorkers every ball. If it was India's plan to lose he could have bowled a few bad ball which would have taken the score above 350. And no way we were going to chase that. And it would not even have eyebrows raised. So if it was our plan to lose we would have done that.
    There is no way India lost on purpose as by winning they would have drawn NZ for the semi final but after the loss they probably (90% probability) will be playing England, not an appetising prospect.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    230
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BakuGM View Post
    There is no way India lost on purpose as by winning they would have drawn NZ for the semi final but after the loss they probably (90% probability) will be playing England, not an appetising prospect.
    I was just pointing the flaw in such thought

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Jersey, NJ
    Runs
    4,583
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BakuGM View Post
    There is no way India lost on purpose as by winning they would have drawn NZ for the semi final but after the loss they probably (90% probability) will be playing England, not an appetising prospect.
    No genius they would have played pak in semi final 1 plays 4. India doesn’t want to play pak in semis after CT 2017 final. Plain and simple

    1 six lmao

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    842
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe Pak should remember CT09 before pointing fingers at anybody. They should have carved their own space in SF on merit.
    Last edited by dildilpak; 1st July 2019 at 07:45.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    785
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UsmanhailsAfridi View Post
    No genius they would have played pak in semi final 1 plays 4. India doesn’t want to play pak in semis after CT 2017 final. Plain and simple

    1 six lmao
    Happy to face Pakistan in the semis than England. India's record against Pak is 4-1 recently and we all know how Pakistan struggled against Afg few days back.


    India is the oldest and the oldest continuing civilization, with a history of over 10000 years.

  12. #12
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,641
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why do so many ex Pakistani players have a habit of talking nonsense?

  13. #13
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    12,755
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IamIndian View Post
    Happy to face Pakistan in the semis than England. India's record against Pak is 4-1 recently and we all know how Pakistan struggled against Afg few days back.
    India totally didn't struggle vs Afghanistan...


    'I fear the day when technology will surpass human interaction'
    - Albert Einstein

  14. #14
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    �� There is no End to this, Now we need A statement from Imran Saab and the PR person of real people in charge of Pakistan. We can make an official declaration.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,606
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HamzaSaeen View Post
    India totally didn't struggle vs Afghanistan...
    In fairness, India didn't need umpiring help and Gulbadin to go bananas to beat Afghanistan.


    Bizarre rant from Waqar.

    India lost because Dhoni is selfish and coward at this stage of his career and Jadhav and KL are nothing players.

  16. #16
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    2,024
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Why do so many ex Pakistani players have a habit of talking nonsense?
    Sourav ganguly :-
    'I can't explain this."
    "You can't chase 338 and have 5 wickets in hand."

    Nadser hussain:-
    "I am baffled."

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,641
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain caveman View Post
    Sourav ganguly :-
    'I can't explain this."
    "You can't chase 338 and have 5 wickets in hand."

    Nadser hussain:-
    "I am baffled."
    There's a world of difference between that and flat out accusing India of losing intentionally (which is what Waqar did).

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    95
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why Pakistanis are so much hurt ?

  19. #19
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    249
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    There's a world of difference between that and flat out accusing India of losing intentionally (which is what Waqar did).
    Pray tell what is the difference? Both are saying the same thing: Indians did not go for the win.

  20. #20
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    249
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mohan11 View Post
    Why Pakistanis are so much hurt ?
    No ones hurt. The progress we have made is heartening with the limited resources we have got unlike the powerhouses. You cannot map one persons statement to the whole country.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming from a dude who was a
    Part of the match fixing culture in Sharjah's CBFS series.
    Improve your own team players rather than ride the back of other teams to advance. If you can't then toy never deserved it stop whining

  22. #22
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    2,024
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rules of odis are that you must try and win!
    Any team flaunting this rule should be heavily punished!
    A ban on players and the team being thrown out of competitions is a just punishment!
    This is only to be determined by icc and they must investigate ANY suspicious matches!

  23. #23
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    3,161
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is stupid coming from Waqar, why are all our ex cricketers so dumb and conspiracists? or is that just a Pakistani thing?

    Dhoni has been playing like this for years now, nothing new, if India wanted to lose, then they would have bowled and batted worse.


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    95
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you so much worried ? Let the ICC and Indians make the noise

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    95
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Begaani shaadi mein abdulla diwana

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,180
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    HIs hashtag lol #INDvsEND

  27. #27
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    5,948
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I dont think other teams are slightly concerned about Pakistan, its the "world cup" not the "get Pakistan cup".

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    257
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Wasim Akram, who was the Pakistan captain in that match, his fast bowling buddy Waqar, in order to deny Kumble the landmark, had hatched a devious plan. In a report published by DNA, Akram said, "Kumble had got nine wickets and me and Waqar (Younis) were batting in the crease. Waqar came to me and said 'How about getting run out?' so that Kumble does not get his 10th wicket.''


    https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/wasi...ickets-1657704

  29. #29
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    322
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pathetic of Waqar to have said it .An ex player speaking like this!!!!

  30. #30
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    270
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didnot expect this from waqar

  31. #31
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    2,024
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I dont think other teams are slightly concerned about Pakistan, its the "world cup" not the "get Pakistan cup".
    G'day to you!
    It will be pakistans cup when we thrash you in the final!

  32. #32
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    882
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaly View Post
    According to Wasim Akram, who was the Pakistan captain in that match, his fast bowling buddy Waqar, in order to deny Kumble the landmark, had hatched a devious plan. In a report published by DNA, Akram said, "Kumble had got nine wickets and me and Waqar (Younis) were batting in the crease. Waqar came to me and said 'How about getting run out?' so that Kumble does not get his 10th wicket.''


    https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/wasi...ickets-1657704
    Waqar and sportsmanship

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    882
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Waqar, if u didn't care about Pak reaching semis, you wouldn't be tweeting this.

    Blame your team instead of Blaming India

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    5,962
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Why do so many ex Pakistani players have a habit of talking nonsense?
    While I understand that being ejected from the tournament (for all practical purposes) hurts, reading these Pakistani reactions one would think that Dhoni and Jhadav blew a run chase where they would have to score at 4.2 an over for the last 5 overs rather than the actual 14.2 an over.

    How many teams have won an ODI (let alone a WC game) when the RRR was 14.2 for the last 5 overs?

  35. #35
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    5,708
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Embarrassing remarks

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    1,235
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pathetic from waqar as usual

  37. #37
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,487
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    While I understand that being ejected from the tournament (for all practical purposes) hurts, reading these Pakistani reactions one would think that Dhoni and Jhadav blew a run chase where they would have to score at 4.2 an over for the last 5 overs rather than the actual 14.2 an over.

    How many teams have won an ODI (let alone a WC game) when the RRR was 14.2 for the last 5 overs?
    People are forgetting that India had to score 70 runs in 5 overs when India gave up.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    3,331
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Embarassing from Waqar! I thought he was saner than the likes of Basit Ali!

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    211
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May be he should start questioning his own team's pathetic performance and intent against WI and the reason why they are depending other teams' performance to get through to semis.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    50,930
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Everyone knows what happened yesterday. Nasser, Ganguly pointed it out softly and diplomatically. Waqar being my Punjabi brother said it out loud which is what I expect from brave men.

    I am ashamed as an Indian.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    14,615
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why is he not bothered if Pakistan gets to the semis or not? He’s Pakistani, you’d think one would be bothered. Is he not supporting the side?



    Quote Originally Posted by HamzaSaeen View Post


  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

    One must remember the Asian Test Championship 1999 when Pak purposely allowed Sri Lanka to score 300+ simply to keep India out of finals. Again 2009 Champions Trophy when Pak deliberately played slow to lose to Australia simply to keep India out of semis. For India, this is only payback.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,871
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How hard is it too understand this Indian team is not good enough. SF exit awaits them.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    24,240
    Mentioned
    1303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Embarassing from Waqar! I thought he was saner than the likes of Basit Ali!
    Yea it is.

    Anyways in terms of reading the game and cricket analysis Rashid Latif is in my opinion one of the best minds in cricket.

    I would recommend watching his YouTube show Caught behind and especially analysis of this game.

    I’ve always thought that Tom Moody and Rashid are very underrated in terms of their analysis and understanding of the game

  45. #45
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    2,611
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    While I understand that being ejected from the tournament (for all practical purposes) hurts, reading these Pakistani reactions one would think that Dhoni and Jhadav blew a run chase where they would have to score at 4.2 an over for the last 5 overs rather than the actual 14.2 an over.

    How many teams have won an ODI (let alone a WC game) when the RRR was 14.2 for the last 5 overs?
    Again, a lot of Indians keep bringing up the same point.

    That is not what all of us have a problem with. It is INTENT which is what we have an issue with. For all we know India could have got all out for 290 trying to make the 14 runs an over in the last 5 but no one would question their desire and intent to win.

    Sourav Ganguly and Nasser Hussain also questioned what was going on. Surely, Nasser Hussain wasn't rooting for India and he even noticed the non-effort.

    Let me ask you this, if this game was the WC final and India played out the remaining over like they did today, would you accept that effort? I know for a fact no Indian would because they didn't seem like they were trying to win.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,180
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dhoni was slow against Afghanist - Tendulkar ****ed off
    Dhoni was slow against Windies until last over - Laxman ****ed off
    Dhoni was slow against England until last over - Everyone is ****ed off

    This is just Dhoni. Not India trying to eliminate Pakistan if that is what he means. This guy should have retired like 4 years back. Still clinging on to his position like a leech.a

  47. #47
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    3,331
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Yea it is.

    Anyways in terms of reading the game and cricket analysis Rashid Latif is in my opinion one of the best minds in cricket.

    I would recommend watching his YouTube show Caught behind and especially analysis of this game.

    I’ve always thought that Tom Moody and Rashid are very underrated in terms of their analysis and understanding of the game
    Yeah, read about Rashid and he seems quite intelligent about his reading of cricket.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    3,331
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy should have retired like 4 years back.
    More like, thrown out of the team!

    Do you remember how cowardly he retired from test cricket in the middle of extremely tough Australian tour? That tells you all about this cowardice!

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    211
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Everyone knows what happened yesterday. Nasser, Ganguly pointed it out softly and diplomatically. Waqar being my Punjabi brother said it out loud which is what I expect from brave men.

    I am ashamed as an Indian.
    You must be ashamed of your fav'te KL's performance too. He's the reason for the downfall of this Indian team in the WC.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    11,180
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    More like, thrown out of the team!

    Do you remember how cowardly he retired from test cricket in the middle of extremely tough Australian tour? That tells you all about this cowardice!
    Yes. He upset the balance completely. Pant as a regular batsman would have done far more damage. Since he is playing first game he had to take his time a bit.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,341
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UsmanhailsAfridi View Post
    No genius they would have played pak in semi final 1 plays 4. India doesn’t want to play pak in semis after CT 2017 final. Plain and simple

    1 six lmao
    How!!!!!!!

  52. #52
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    5,962
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaIR1 View Post
    Again, a lot of Indians keep bringing up the same point.

    That is not what all of us have a problem with. It is INTENT which is what we have an issue with. For all we know India could have got all out for 290 trying to make the 14 runs an over in the last 5 but no one would question their desire and intent to win.

    Sourav Ganguly and Nasser Hussain also questioned what was going on. Surely, Nasser Hussain wasn't rooting for India and he even noticed the non-effort.

    Let me ask you this, if this game was the WC final and India played out the remaining over like they did today, would you accept that effort? I know for a fact no Indian would because they didn't seem like they were trying to win.
    Of course not, I would not have accepted this effort. But this game was not even a semi, let alone a final. The point is that it also is in India's favor if they score 300+ as it will help them in the next game against England.

    No need to slog blindly and chase an impossible RRR of 14+, rather get a decent score to be mentally at a better place the next time they meet England.

    This game came down to the toss. If India won the toss it would have scored 330+ and England would be under pressure.

    Now you can answer my earlier question. How many teams have won an ODI when the RRR was 14+ in the last 5 overs? What percentage of these have been victories?
    Last edited by Napa; 1st July 2019 at 11:03.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    605
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one surely takes a biscuit
    As if England was throwing pies at Indians

  54. #54
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,137
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the Pakistanis bashing Waqar; get off the fake high horse! You ain't impressing anyone.

    To the Indians; The only thing that's pathetic is the cowardly performance of your team.

    Now, on to what Waqar said. Nowhere did he say that India lost the match intentionally. What he said is in no way different to what Ganguly said. He's questioning the sportsmanship of the players who didn't go for the target even though it was well within their reach. Why do you think the fans booed the team at the end? The lack of intent is what is being questioned. The only thing that Waqar got wrong was that he called these phattus Champions!

  55. #55
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    785
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol.. Waqar younis lecutring about sportsmanship!

    Wasim Akram Reveals How Waqar Younis Planned To Deny Anil Kumble 10 Wickets

    https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/wasi...ickets-1657704


    India is the oldest and the oldest continuing civilization, with a history of over 10000 years.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    50,930
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ab041937 View Post
    "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

    One must remember the Asian Test Championship 1999 when Pak purposely allowed Sri Lanka to score 300+ simply to keep India out of finals. Again 2009 Champions Trophy when Pak deliberately played slow to lose to Australia simply to keep India out of semis. For India, this is only payback.
    It was shameful of Pakistan the first two occasions and equally shameful of India this time.

  57. #57
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,137
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loves_cricket View Post
    This one surely takes a biscuit
    As if England was throwing pies at Indians
    Actually, that ' Hey, the English bowled well' is the funniest justification going around atm. Surely you lot can come up with something better than that?

  58. #58
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,137
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IamIndian View Post
    lol.. Waqar younis lecutring about sportsmanship!

    Wasim Akram Reveals How Waqar Younis Planned To Deny Anil Kumble 10 Wickets

    https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/wasi...ickets-1657704
    Waqar confirmed that that conversation never happened. Also, when truth hurts, shoot the messenger.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    5,962
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    To the Pakistanis bashing Waqar; get off the fake high horse! You ain't impressing anyone.

    To the Indians; The only thing that's pathetic is the cowardly performance of your team.

    Now, on to what Waqar said. Nowhere did he say that India lost the match intentionally. What he said is in no way different to what Ganguly said. He's questioning the sportsmanship of the players who didn't go for the target even though it was well within their reach. Why do you think the fans booed the team at the end? The lack of intent is what is being questioned. The only thing that Waqar got wrong was that he called these phattus Champions!
    How many teams have won an ODI when the RRR was 14+ in the last 5 overs? What percentage of teams in this situation have won?

    You would be a snowflake if you thought this target was "well within their reach", oh wait...

  60. #60
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    605
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if England were throwing pies at India
    But then what i know about cricket?

  61. #61
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    5,962
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ab041937 View Post
    "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

    One must remember the Asian Test Championship 1999 when Pak purposely allowed Sri Lanka to score 300+ simply to keep India out of finals. Again 2009 Champions Trophy when Pak deliberately played slow to lose to Australia simply to keep India out of semis. For India, this is only payback.
    Can't compare those games with today's game. Today India had to score at a S/R of 270 the last 5 overs to win the game. Dhoni thought it cannot be done and didn't try. Very different from can be done but let's not do it to sabotage another team.

  62. #62
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,137
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    How many teams have won an ODI when the RRR was 14+ in the last 5 overs? What percentage of teams in this situation have won?

    You would be a snowflake if you thought this target was "well within their reach", oh wait...
    The fact that the same players have achieved such targets multiple times should be sufficient for anyone, without blue tinted goggles, to know that the target was within reach. Also, how many times do you see players just giving up in the face of a steep target? Again, the intent is being questioned, not the end result.

    Also, the last two lines of your post tell me that you probably don't know the meaning of the term lol!

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    1,973
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know many in Pakistan are hurt more by India's loss yesterday than we Indians ourselves, so it is understandable to come up with any theories and stuff and this 'sportsmanship' stuff and all.

    It was a massive match for Pakistan which we can see with the number of threads popped up after India's loss and the amount of frustration displayed by many posters.

    Some are coming up with bizarre allegations as well, one good thing to see though was the real passion with which many Pak fans supported India, did not expect that...

  64. #64
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    5,962
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    The fact that the same players have achieved such targets multiple times should be sufficient for anyone, without blue tinted goggles, to know that the target was within reach. Also, how many times do you see players just giving up in the face of a steep target? Again, the intent is being questioned, not the end result.

    Also, the last two lines of your post tell me that you probably don't know the meaning of the term lol!
    Talk is cheap, actual references of games won when RRR is 14+ for 5+ overs would be credible.
    Last edited by Napa; 1st July 2019 at 11:47.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    50,930
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IamIndian View Post
    lol.. Waqar younis lecutring about sportsmanship!

    Wasim Akram Reveals How Waqar Younis Planned To Deny Anil Kumble 10 Wickets

    https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/wasi...ickets-1657704
    I remember that.

    It was not against spirit of cricket though. Match was already lost and he was blindly slogging against other bowlers.


    What about Indian fielders being told to not go for a catch if Wikki the Jatt slogged one in the air? Was that not against the spirit of the game.

    Gopi Ramesh said it the documentary that he was a freshy then and dived for a catch if Wikki Younis but was scolded by Indians seniors as they wanted to ensure Jumbo gets the 10fer

    It goes both ways my friend

  66. #66
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,214
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just look in the mirror before questioning about other's credibility. Indian team lost 1-2 to England when they last played a bilateral ODI series. It's not like India were overwhelming favorites. It's in India's best interest if they actually faced a minnow Pakistan in Semifinals. Now they will mostly face England again.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,096
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Can't compare those games with today's game. Today India had to score at a S/R of 270 the last 5 overs to win the game. Dhoni thought it cannot be done and didn't try. Very different from can be done but let's not do it to sabotage another team.
    India lacked intensity from the start. Would you not agree to it? 3 maidens by woakes? 28-1 in first 10 overs? No boundaries from 46th to 49th over?

    Not saying India did it deliberately. But surely they didnt take the match seriously.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    I remember that.

    It was not against spirit of cricket though. Match was already lost and he was blindly slogging against other bowlers.


    What about Indian fielders being told to not go for a catch if Wikki the Jatt slogged one in the air? Was that not against the spirit of the game.

    Gopi Ramesh said it the documentary that he was a freshy then and dived for a catch if Wikki Younis but was scolded by Indians seniors as they wanted to ensure Jumbo gets the 10fer

    It goes both ways my friend
    It was absolutely against the spirit of the game, conspiring against the bowler to deny what may or may not have been his wicket. In this case Kumble did get the final wicket

  69. #69
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Can't compare those games with today's game. Today India had to score at a S/R of 270 the last 5 overs to win the game. Dhoni thought it cannot be done and didn't try. Very different from can be done but let's not do it to sabotage another team.
    Why is it only Dhoni & Jadhav are being singled out? The entire team's (except Bumrah) intent looked suspicious. Allowing England to Run away with the match in the beginning with a score of 160 in 22 overs, then pegging them back to 230 in 39 overs. Again throwing fulltoss dollies to Stokes to allow England to get to a 330+ total & then scoring only 27 runs in the 1st 10 overs. In the hindsight, it all appeared pre-planned. Everyone saw that Chahal was badly struggling today & yet, Kohli didn't bother to bring in Kedar Jadhav for few overs. This was clearly a strategic loss. Purpose was simple - Deny Pak a Semifinal spot. Not that I have a problem with this strategy. Every team has their right to strategise their campaign. Probably the thought process was that facing England/New Zealand in the Semis is lot less stressful than playing Pak.

    Pak should be the last one to complaint about this. They too have been guilty of such conduct in the past & more than anything, they should be blaming themselves for being in this spot where, more than their own performance, they are at the mercy of other teams to qualify. It is a very competitive tournament & each team will look after their own interests 1st.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    14,615
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    India lacked intensity from the start. Would you not agree to it? 3 maidens by woakes? 28-1 in first 10 overs? No boundaries from 46th to 49th over?

    Not saying India did it deliberately. But surely they didnt take the match seriously.
    They’ve lacked intent in the first 10 overs all tournament.


  71. #71
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    It was shameful of Pakistan the first two occasions and equally shameful of India this time.
    Nothing is shameful. When the goal is to win worldcup, petty meaningless victories matter little. I don't blame Pak for doing it in the past & I don't blame India for doing it yesterday. Every team has their right to plan & strategize their campaign as per their convenience.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    8,464
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is Waqar’s sportsmanship-


  73. #73
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    5,962
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    India lacked intensity from the start. Would you not agree to it? 3 maidens by woakes? 28-1 in first 10 overs? No boundaries from 46th to 49th over?

    Not saying India did it deliberately. But surely they didnt take the match seriously.
    I can go with the idea that India lacked intensity, which should not be surprising given their comfortable points situation. Losing Rahul at the very beginning naturally made Kohli and Sharma more cautious. I do not think you are accusing Rahul of deliberately throwing his wicket.

    The psychological pressure of chasing 338 after having lost the first wicket for 0 can be considerable.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    29,645
    Mentioned
    1582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    These comments dont suit a player of waqars calibre.

    Its funny how from a legend to the ordinary fan, everyone is in a meltdown.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,096
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketIsAwesome View Post
    It was absolutely against the spirit of the game, conspiring against the bowler to deny what may or may not have been his wicket. In this case Kumble did get the final wicket
    Waqar has denied it. Its one man's word against the other's.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,096
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    I can go with the idea that India lacked intensity, which should not be surprising given their comfortable points situation. Losing Rahul at the very beginning naturally made Kohli and Sharma more cautious. I do not think you are accusing Rahul of deliberately throwing his wicket.

    The psychological pressure of chasing 338 after having lost the first wicket for 0 can be considerable.
    No i am not accusing anyone of trying to lose or give away wickets. Just that Indians really didnt look like they were trying hard to win. And the reason for that is what you mentioned, their position on points table which made them complacent.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ex Pakistani players are padosis for a reason. Thanks waqar for enlightening cricket world that Pakistan are incapable of reaching semis by themselves!

  78. #78
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    1,973
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore View Post
    username does not check out.

    i ask again , if you were neutral would be interested in watching that last 10 overs ? "cricketfanfirst"
    Man, I already posted 15 or so of our pathetic display. Go and check them all. I already had debates with my Indian fans on it already, just have a look at all of my yesterday's posts. I always appreciate good cricket, check all my posting history, I have been here for nearly 8+ yrs and I know many posters here and I like to post here from time to time as per my time permits because of some very fine posters.

    I was just jokingly responding to your comment ok, yesterday's match was massive importance to you but not to India, hence it is natural for many Pak fans to be angry.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    184
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketfanfirst View Post
    Man, I already posted 15 or so of our pathetic display. Go and check them all. I already had debates with my Indian fans on it already, just have a look at all of my yesterday's posts. I always appreciate good cricket, check all my posting history, I have been here for nearly 8+ yrs and I know many posters here and I like to post here from time to time as per my time permits because of some very fine posters.

    I was just jokingly responding to your comment ok, yesterday's match was massive importance to you but not to India, hence it is natural for many Pak fans to be angry.
    haha, all good mate. I was watching as a neutral also , i thought india played well and until 40th over it was 50-50 game.

    All these pak fans posting about match fixing, india losing on purpose is just laughable. Anyone who has seen rohit sharma play could tell he was majorly out of it for the first 20 overs. Virat awesome as usual, Pant and hardik played well.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    1,973
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore View Post
    haha, all good mate. I was watching as a neutral also , i thought india played well and until 40th over it was 50-50 game.

    All these pak fans posting about match fixing, india losing on purpose is just laughable. Anyone who has seen rohit sharma play could tell he was majorly out of it for the first 20 overs. Virat awesome as usual, Pant and hardik played well.
    Yeah, that's true. Just needed to give all out in the last final overs. Unfortunately, we lost vital wickets of Virat and Rohit when they were looking absolutely in control and Rohit was shifting in gears. Anyhow, it was a test for the management to understand that, if we are chasing 300+ against good teams in crunch matches, if Virat/Rohit don't fire and stay till the end, then we are done. I just hope all of them play well and carry forward India to the cup.

    This WC has been really thrilling with regards to the final places, exciting to watch some close matches and amazing performances.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •