Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"Itís too early to bring Mohammad Musa and Naseem Shah into Test cricket" : Aaqib Javed

Pakistan cricket has gone through its usual period of uncertainty and drama in the past few weeks which include major changes being made to the domestic set-up, team management, the appointment of coaches and the formation of a new selection committee. Whilst the jury is still out on the efficacy of such changes, the unexpected T20I series loss to a depleted Sri Lanka side hasn’t helped PCB’s cause as they look to address Pakistan’s failing fortunes. If the words of former Pakistan fast-bowler Aaqib Javed are any indicators, darker times lie ahead for Misbah-ul-Haq and his wards as they prepare for the tour of Australia.

Name:  musa_naseem.jpg
Views: 2022
Size:  127.2 KB

“Many better-quality sides from Pakistan with top notch world-class players have struggled and failed to win in Australia in the past, so why do we think this side will do any better in the T20Is and Tests in the upcoming tour? We have been number one in T20Is due to the fact that players like Hassan Ali and Shadab Khan were in good form and we had some good performances by Shoaib Malik and Mohammad Hafeez, but clearly that is not the case this time around as Hassan, Malik and Hafeez aren’t even in the side. I accept that in T20Is, you can have out of the ordinary results in one or two games, but I do not see this side being able to win the T20I series in Australia and I do not see them winning any matches in the Test series either,” said Aaqib.

Further commenting on what he feels is a distinct lack of proper planning by the new management, the former Pakistan fast-bowler explained why a tour of Australia is probably not the best way to expose budding talents such as Mohammad Musa and Naseem Shah to the vagaries of international cricket, “What is not clear to me is why younger talents like Musa and Naseem were not given a chance to play international cricket against Sri Lanka at home as that would have been the ideal strategy to given them a taste of top-level cricket. Our young bowlers are used to the lengths that are needed to succeed on home wickets but will have no idea when they are asked to bowl in Australia and that could spell disaster for us,” he added.

And the problem of adjusting to new conditions is not one that would be novel for Musa and Naseem in Australia, as Aaqib pointed out that bigger names then the two youngsters have struggled in the past in Australia to make any headway, “We all know about the capabilities of a bowler like Mohammad Asif who in his prime was making the best batsmen in the world dance to his tune but when he debuted for Pakistan in Sydney in 2005, he gave away 88 runs and came away with no wickets to his name as he just couldn’t adjust to the Sydney pitch; in fact Asif’s performance was so abysmal that the Late Bob Woolmer had recommended in his report to the PCB that Asif was a useless bowler and had no talent, and had no real future with Pakistan!”

The Pakistan Super League has been credited with introducing some special talents in the shape of Hassan Ali, Shadab Khan and more recently, Mohammad Hasnain. Whilst Hasnain has had some success in T20Is, there are concerns about his suitability for the longer format. As someone who has coached many pacers in his time with Pakistan and also in his association with Lahore Qalandars, Aaqib feels that Hasnain, if handled with care, can also become a potent weapon in all formats.

“Only two bowlers really impressed me in last year’s PSL; one was Haris Rauf and the other was Mohammad Hasnain and I have high hopes for both. Whilst Haris needs to put in more performances in the next PSL to prove his case for a place in the Pakistan side, in Hasnain’s case, I feel that we need to allow some time for him to develop as he has a lot of potential. After all, not everyone can bowl at speeds in excess of 150KpH! It’s my view that if you are blessed with such natural pace, you can learn the rest of the skills such as variation over time so Hasnain is a great prospect. We must also realise that he is in the middle of an age range of 16-22 years where the majority of fast-bowlers can pick up injuries if exposed to the pressures of international cricket, so we need to be careful about pushing him too hard. What Hasnain needs to do now is to train his body for longer bowling spells. Also, his bowling action needs a little work as his front-leg collapses at the point of delivery due to which his knee and ankle are exposed to extra pressure and cause problems for him, as has happened in the recent past as well. Pakistan need to develop him gradually and continue working on his fitness and good results will follow.”

Pakistan’s Test bowling attack faces a big crisis and will be severely hampered in Australia by the loss of Mohammad Amir and Wahab Riaz who have decided to give up red-ball cricket. Instead of bringing in tried and tested names, the Head Coach and Chief Selector Misbah-ul-Haq decided to infuse fresh blood by picking the teenage talents of Mohammad Musa and Naseem Shah for the tour of Australia. In Aaqib’s opinion whilst both players have robust records at home, they will struggle in Australia, “I really feel both youngsters are tough competitors and have been holding their own in the ongoing Quaid-e-Azam Trophy but I feel that it’s too early to bring them into Test cricket. I will go back to my original point and say that Australia is the last place for them to be beginning their careers. The length that we bowl in Pakistan can become too short for pitches in Australia and the bowlers can get pulled away by batsmen with ease. Then when inexperienced bowlers try and adjust the length they run into other problems. No matter how much Waqar Younis tells the youngsters, they simply won’t have the experience to adjust to those conditions and to execute the plans that their bowling coach gives them.”

The conditions encountered in Australia have always been a matter of concern for visiting sides from Pakistan and after every failed attempt to win a Test series down under, there seems to be a hue and cry about what needs to be done to provide more exposure in Australia to Pakistan players, well ahead of the tour. This is a point of great concern for Aaqib as well, “I fail to understand why the PCB, with all the resources at its beck and call, cannot send some of its promising younger players to play grade cricket in Australia so that when it’s time to represent Pakistan in Australia, they have a good idea of what to expect on that tour. If we look at the justification given by Misbah about Usman Qadir’s inclusion in the Australia-bound squad, it’s clear that he has been chosen because he has been playing in Australia for the last three years. This was due to the efforts of Lahore Qalandars who sent him to Australia and if they can send players to gain experience, the PCB could have easily taken a similar step and sent their younger players out to Australia as well. The same idea should be applied for tours of England and I am sure better results will follow but unfortunately, PCB seem to have other ideas.”

Termed as the giant of Pakistan cricket for his height, Mohammad Irfan was considered to have great potential but somehow, never managed to hold on to a regular position in the Pakistan side. His selection for the upcoming T20I series against Australia has therefore been a surprise to many, but to the trained eye of Aaqib Javed, Pakistan have made the right call with his inclusion, “He has been a decent performer in the Twenty20 format and as such is a good pick for this tour. To be honest, I am more unhappy and sad about the fact that the previous 3-4 years have been wasted for Irfan when he could have been playing for Pakistan in the shorter formats of the game. In PSL, I find him to be the most effective bowler and the only other bowler in that category is probably Wahab Riaz so his selection for the tour of Australia is not a shock but is a no-brainer to me.”
    Last edited by MenInG; 24th October 2019 at 17:24.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Agree 100%.

Say what you want about intangibles like "potential" and "x-factor" but the fact remains that Mohammad Musa has only played 7 FC matches and took 17 wickets @37.52, with a 3.99 economy (!!). And although Shah's numbers are solid, he's incredibly young and inexperienced. Throwing them in the deep end with Steve Smith and Co. is just asking for trouble.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sensible opinion, atleast another year in first class cricket would have done them a world of good.
    Tho on the other hand there is no tour harder than australia.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Muhammad Asif thing is scary

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't Aqib 16 when he debuted? Or did he fake his age?
    Last edited by Danyaalr01; 24th October 2019 at 08:32.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Itís pretty obvious that the Musa and Shah selections are just camouflage for Misbah to put Imran Khan Sr into the starring eleven in their place.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Itís pretty obvious that the Musa and Shah selections are just camouflage for Misbah to put Imran Khan Sr into the starring eleven in their place.
    Spot on!

He has just taken these kids as cover. The starting line up will definitely have imran khan (+ Abbas) in the starting eleven. I can't see him playing either of musa, naseem in either series.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Irrespective of whether Aaqib agrees with the selections of these youngsters, some of his comments are completley uncalled for. Instead of giving the team some confidence, he is saying they will 100% lose every game on tour.

What is it with these former players? Unless they are given cosy jobs in the PCB where they travel around the world with massive pay packets making very little difference, they can do nothing but be negative and write off the team?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would have been criticism regardless of which players were selected from former players like Aaqib Javed and Amir Sohail - the only way to not get criticism on selection was if Misbah called up Aaqib or Amir Sohail and asked one of them to select the squad for Australia and email it across for him to announce - even then only one of the two would be happy.

Give new players a chance and they say you needed experience , and if you stick with experienced ones then they will say you are not giving youngsters a chance - who wants to be Pak cricket Chief Selector? What a job.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree partially...but both wont be playing anyways only one will...the question is where is so called experience bowlers??? Imran khan chosen..hardly exciting and even Abbas..Mark my word Abbas with his pace will struggle big time..the fact we are going to struggle regardless

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said the same. Debuting 2 bowlers in Australia is asking for too much. And I am not impressed with Musa. He is not ready for any internation match let alone tests.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for the other side of the coin, it might be that the guys get the toughest possible test as a welcome to "international Cricket" and things should look rosy from down there... depends how they are handeled pshycologically ....

i would ask musa and naseem to go with full heat aand forget abt the result, the economy and anything else. Think how would it boost their confidence if one of them gets smith out cheaply or hits warner bang on the head or gets 3/4/5 wickets... would change them completly

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    Spot on!

He has just taken these kids as cover. The starting line up will definitely have imran khan (+ Abbas) in the starting eleven. I can't see him playing either of musa, naseem in either series.
    One of them is going to play first test. Mark my words.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen was also selected early and it turned out well, obviously his progression was from T20s onwards.

However we dont have the bowlers with such pace outside of these names and I am pretty sure If Aqib would have been coach if he would have selected Rahat Ali and Mir Hamza over Musa and Naseem than same people here saying he is right would have criticized him like no tmw.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaqib Javed seems to be a vindictive person. I agree it is too early for them, but I am excited to see these youngsters debuting against the best Test batsman in the world. Can't ask for a better Test debut than this. This is going to be an exciting Test series. Although our batting is weak, so is theirs overall, still I predict a shocking 2-0 win for us.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Aaqib's point is also that if these bowlers dont succeed in Australia, we will need to make sure that they arent labelled 'bad' and thrown out of the side!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadharis1 View Post
    Agree 100%.

Say what you want about intangibles like "potential" and "x-factor" but the fact remains that Mohammad Musa has only played 7 FC matches and took 17 wickets @37.52, with a 3.99 economy (!!). And although Shah's numbers are solid, he's incredibly young and inexperienced. Throwing them in the deep end with Steve Smith and Co. is just asking for trouble.
    Yeah Aaqib javed, I'm definitely happy they have made it Alhumdullilah before you can go about and wreck their action up like you always do

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't agree with his assessment. we introduced all of the world class bowlers at a very young age. Yes some failed but those who succeeded became world class. Even Asif became world class because he had the talent and worked hard on it. Shane warne also failed miserably in his debut tour before he came back because he had the talent.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Itís a shame there a few games against the States, if they played a couple of games against say NSW or QL, then the experience would have been priceless.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KhanNn View Post
    Yeah Aaqib javed, I'm definitely happy they have made it Alhumdullilah before you can go about and wreck their action up like you always do

Ditto, I was thinking the same i.e. either let them find their luck/potential this way by playing young or the way you like it i.e. changing their actions and messing their futures for good!

He has already suggested 'Tweaks' with Hasnain's follow through...when he is through with that poor kid, he will be bowling off spin or be a batsman

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Even by Pakistan's lofty selection standards, it's a genuine throw at the stumps.

Picture this scenario: It's November at the Gabba, where Australia have not lost since the 1980s, and the menacing figure of Steve Smith strides to the wicket. The world's best batsman craves runs no matter the occasion but he's especially motivated in the first home Test of the summer.

Standing at the top of his run is Naseem Shah, an exciting fast bowling talent. He's all of 16, which makes him one of the youngest Test debutants in history, a list already largely dominated by Pakistan.

With just five first-class appearances to his name, it could well be a masterstroke from Pakistan's coach and selector Misbah-ul-Haq. He's reputed to have speed to burn and the ability to swing it late; the most the Australians have seen of him has been grainy footage on YouTube.

It might also be a nightmare for the tourists and Naseem alike. Smith and the Australian top order could feast on the bowling of a teenager who is yet to finish school and end a career before it has even begun. It would not be the first time a youthful quick has been thrown to the wolves never to be seen again.

Pakistan included two teenaged fast bowlers when their touring squads were announced. At 19, Mohammed Musa will be part of the T20 matches while Naseem was included among the 16 to be part of the two Tests, the first at the Gabba before a pink ball Test in Adelaide.

It's a selection that has already divided a number of Pakistan greats. Misbah has already backed both to perform and said they wanted to invest in the future when it came to the pace stocks.

"We believe in them and they are our future. If you go to Australia and want to compete, you have to have firepower in the fast-bowling department. We aren’t just going to compete, we are going to win, and we are confident these boys will perform," Misbah said.

Misbah has had some support from former Pakistan express bowler Shoaib Akhtar, who told his YouTube audience that Naseem should be given a licence to attack while his workload is managed.

"I would suggest the board not over train him. Australia has never faced him before. I hope he’ll be given the freedom to bowl at the fastest possible pace,” Akhtar said.

Others are far more sceptical, including another former Pakistan seamer Aaqib Javed, who warned that it could be a 'disaster' should the teenagers get it wrong on unfamiliar Australian tracks.

"What is not clear to me is why younger talents like Musa and Naseem were not given a chance to play international cricket against Sri Lanka at home as that would have been the ideal strategy to given them a taste of top-level cricket," he told website Pak Passion.

"Our young bowlers are used to the lengths that are needed to succeed on home wickets but will have no idea when they are asked to bowl in Australia and that could spell disaster for us."

Australia and Pakistan play a trio of T20s from November 3 before the opening Test in Brisbane from November 21.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cric...26-p534ih.html

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    It's either going to be a masterstroke or a disaster.

I agree with Aaqib about just suddenly throwing them into their first series in Australia. Better planning would have seen them play in a series or two beforehand.

It's a risky but exciting move. Let's see.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These Pakistani ex cricketers are the worst hypocrites you would ever see. Do whatever, these guys will come up with criticism. What these pathetic people want is a job with PCB and suddenly the board will be the best in the world. I'm so glad that news guys have been given a chance and they won't fare worse than the old tested tried faliures. Misbah has adopted a new approach and let's all support him. There is a new dawn where faliures wont be tolerated and hopefully merit will prevail.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    It's either going to be a masterstroke or a disaster.

I agree with Aaqib about just suddenly throwing them into their first series in Australia. Better planning would have seen them play in a series or two beforehand.

It's a risky but exciting move. Let's see.
    If a disaster, then we must not give up on Musa and Naseem

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Didn't Imran Khan take Waqar and Aqib to Australia when they were teenagers? Why the hypocrisy by Aqib now, does he want us to select Sohail Tanvir or Umar Gul instead?

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't these "experts" just say it, they want Rahat, Gul, Tanvir, Tabish Khan, Sadaf Hussain, Waqas Maqsood and Mir Hamza in the squad.

I saw Ramiz's video yesterday and he said that the youngsters shouldn't have been picked either. His replacement was Hasnain. How dumb are these ex-cricketers. He also wanted Nawaz in the Test squad for his experience in leagues around the world. Then there's Shoaib Akhtar being extremely insensitive and saying the bowlers should hit the neck of the batsmen.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very early but Naseem Shah has been impressive in FC. I think his selection is pretty justified.

Musa, not really and I think with him, it would be surprising if he played anyways. Most likely, they'll go with Shaheen/Abbas/Naseem and Imran Khan one of them comes out.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    It's a big risk that could backfire horribly as Australia away is the hardest tour for Pakistan historically. Naseem and Musa have little domestic experience let alone international exposure, and the unforgiving nature of those hard, true Australian wickets takes its toll on young bodies. However seasoned alternatives like Rahat and Sohail have failed horribly there.

I don't think Musa is ready for international cricket. I like that he's gutsy and puts everything into his bowling, but Sameen Gul would've been a better option but I guess Misbah and Waqar's Islamabad United connections went in his favour.

Haven't seen enough of Naseem but the challenge for him is to marry up his raw pace with hitting the right lengths and getting the batsmen driving. We've had many Pakistani pacers get a reality check in Australia thinking they can bounce out the Aussies.

As ever though, the key is the batting and I've zero faith in our ability to score 300 against their pacers.
    Last edited by Markhor; 28th October 2019 at 00:54.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    It's a big risk that could backfire horribly as Australia away is the hardest tour for Pakistan historically. Naseem and Musa have little domestic experience let alone international exposure, and the unforgiving nature of those hard, true Australian wickets takes its toll on young bodies. However seasoned alternatives like Rahat and Sohail have failed horribly there.

I don't think Musa is ready for international cricket. I like that he's gutsy and puts everything into his bowling, but Sameen Gul would've been a better option but I guess Misbah and Waqar's Islamabad United connections went in his favour.

Haven't seen enough of Naseem but the challenge for him is to marry up his raw pace with hitting the right lengths and getting the batsmen driving. We've had many Pakistani pacers get a reality check in Australia thinking they can bounce out the Aussies.

As ever though, the key is the batting and I've zero faith in our ability to score 300 against their pacers.
    Naseem has been to South Africa before so at least he has played on. Bouncy tracks, so he’ll have an idea of where to bowl. It would have been better for him if he was in Australia right now instead if QeA trophy, this would have allowed him to practice with the t20 side and get used to conditions.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak was going to lose no matter who they brought, might as well bring young guns and let them learn on the job. I've always felt the sink or swim strategy of Pakistan has produced some of its biggest stars. Wasim, Waqar, Inzy, Afridi, Amir, Saleem Malik.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Even by Pakistan's lofty selection standards, it's a genuine throw at the stumps.

Picture this scenario: It's November at the Gabba, where Australia have not lost since the 1980s, and the menacing figure of Steve Smith strides to the wicket. The world's best batsman craves runs no matter the occasion but he's especially motivated in the first home Test of the summer.

Standing at the top of his run is Naseem Shah, an exciting fast bowling talent. He's all of 16, which makes him one of the youngest Test debutants in history, a list already largely dominated by Pakistan.

With just five first-class appearances to his name, it could well be a masterstroke from Pakistan's coach and selector Misbah-ul-Haq. He's reputed to have speed to burn and the ability to swing it late; the most the Australians have seen of him has been grainy footage on YouTube.

It might also be a nightmare for the tourists and Naseem alike. Smith and the Australian top order could feast on the bowling of a teenager who is yet to finish school and end a career before it has even begun. It would not be the first time a youthful quick has been thrown to the wolves never to be seen again.

Pakistan included two teenaged fast bowlers when their touring squads were announced. At 19, Mohammed Musa will be part of the T20 matches while Naseem was included among the 16 to be part of the two Tests, the first at the Gabba before a pink ball Test in Adelaide.

It's a selection that has already divided a number of Pakistan greats. Misbah has already backed both to perform and said they wanted to invest in the future when it came to the pace stocks.

"We believe in them and they are our future. If you go to Australia and want to compete, you have to have firepower in the fast-bowling department. We aren’t just going to compete, we are going to win, and we are confident these boys will perform," Misbah said.

Misbah has had some support from former Pakistan express bowler Shoaib Akhtar, who told his YouTube audience that Naseem should be given a licence to attack while his workload is managed.

"I would suggest the board not over train him. Australia has never faced him before. I hope he’ll be given the freedom to bowl at the fastest possible pace,” Akhtar said.

Others are far more sceptical, including another former Pakistan seamer Aaqib Javed, who warned that it could be a 'disaster' should the teenagers get it wrong on unfamiliar Australian tracks.

"What is not clear to me is why younger talents like Musa and Naseem were not given a chance to play international cricket against Sri Lanka at home as that would have been the ideal strategy to given them a taste of top-level cricket," he told website Pak Passion.

"Our young bowlers are used to the lengths that are needed to succeed on home wickets but will have no idea when they are asked to bowl in Australia and that could spell disaster for us."

Australia and Pakistan play a trio of T20s from November 3 before the opening Test in Brisbane from November 21.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cric...26-p534ih.html

I wish these 'Brilliant' reporters would have also done some extra work by including a note: All/most of these former players at some point were picked very raw to play against Australia/Another team as well, so it is a bit hypocritical to criticize a similar approach/process now!

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsee View Post
    I wish these 'Brilliant' reporters would have also done some extra work by including a note: All/most of these former players at some point were picked very raw to play against Australia/Another team as well, so it is a bit hypocritical to criticize a similar approach/process now!
    Could not have said it better. I would add that domestic cricket helps batters, serious pace is a gift which should not be wasted in domestic cricket, if a pacer has got it, he must be given a go in international cricket

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Says the guy who said Ehtisham Sultan and Harris Rauf are ready for international cricket. What a joke.
    Last edited by MenInG; 8th November 2019 at 19:39.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably too late for them. Get them in the team straight away and kick out Irfan, Wahab and Imran Khan Sr.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aqib sir was correct!

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He maybe correct but I rather have some like musa than these oldies !

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    He maybe correct but I rather have some like musa than these oldies !
    Should have picked ehsan adil, haris rauf and sameen gul instead. Musa and hasnain are not ready yet, hopefully in a couple of years time.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you could have tried anybody and the result would have been the same....

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    May be Aqib did say something valuable, Both Musa didn't adjusted the length in this match, but early days for them.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Naseem is 10x the bowler Musa is. Don't get it twisted.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree. When the team couldn't win since late nineties. How can this team win. But the most important thing is we are investing in the youth not trying TTFs

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As many have said, it will either be a disaster or a masterstroke, however the only reason it will be a masterstroke is because no one has seen either of them play much. It's likely they may venture down the usual path where they have a stellar first or second year but then get figured out after playing few series, T20 leagues, etc. and footage of them playing is available in the TB's in HD and then become one of the inconsistent x-factor players we have bucket loads of in the domestic circuit. I mean, where's Hasan Ali or Rumman Raees or that lot gone?

I may be wrong but these guys don't understand their own strengths and weaknesses that well let alone understand how to get Smith out. They need to be given at least 2-3 years in FC cricket to polish their skills then come to the Int. scene.

With the type of model we have, the only reason these guys have a great burst after debut then fall away is simply because no one knows their action. No wonder we haven't produced a single fast bowler (or any player for that matter) that has played for 5 years and performed in the past few years.

^Do tell me if I am wrong but Wahab, Amir, are the only guys to be regulars in the Test Squad since '15 ish (Amir even less than that) and their performances aren't even good. Abbas and SSA have only played few years. Rest were dropped and brought back by Misbah.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBowlingAllrounder View Post
    As many have said, it will either be a disaster or a masterstroke, however the only reason it will be a masterstroke is because no one has seen either of them play much. It's likely they may venture down the usual path where they have a stellar first or second year but then get figured out after playing few series, T20 leagues, etc. and footage of them playing is available in the TB's in HD and then become one of the inconsistent x-factor players we have bucket loads of in the domestic circuit. I mean, where's Hasan Ali or Rumman Raees or that lot gone?

I may be wrong but these guys don't understand their own strengths and weaknesses that well let alone understand how to get Smith out. They need to be given at least 2-3 years in FC cricket to polish their skills then come to the Int. scene.

With the type of model we have, the only reason these guys have a great burst after debut then fall away is simply because no one knows their action. No wonder we haven't produced a single fast bowler (or any player for that matter) that has played for 5 years and performed in the past few years.

^Do tell me if I am wrong but Wahab, Amir, are the only guys to be regulars in the Test Squad since '15 ish (Amir even less than that) and their performances aren't even good. Abbas and SSA have only played few years. Rest were dropped and brought back by Misbah.
    If they are good then they won't fade away. Wahab hasn't been good because he isn't a good bowler. All he has is pace and he is loosing it. Wahab doesn't swing or seam the ball, it just comes gun barrel straight. Amir never looked to be the same bowler after comeback. The examples of Amir and Wahab aren't good ones. Naseem is quick and swings the ball. I'm not so sure about Musa, he is definitely inferior to Naseem.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danyaalr01 View Post
    If they are good then they won't fade away. Wahab hasn't been good because he isn't a good bowler. All he has is pace and he is loosing it. Wahab doesn't swing or seam the ball, it just comes gun barrel straight. Amir never looked to be the same bowler after comeback. The examples of Amir and Wahab aren't good ones. Naseem is quick and swings the ball. I'm not so sure about Musa, he is definitely inferior to Naseem.
    I wasn't referring to Wahab or Amir as good bowlers. Just thinking of bowlers who have been in our test side for past 5 years on a consistent basis.