Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 61 of 61
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    116,502
    Mentioned
    2072 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

    What does BCB's full tour to Pakistan mean for BCCI?

    Will this change the way BCCI thinks about playing cricket against Pakistan?

    Does that show then that they cannot isolate Pakistan or it means nothing to them?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Will this change the way BCCI thinks about playing cricket against Pakistan?

    Does that show then that they cannot isolate Pakistan or it means nothing to them?
    I doubt it means anything to them.

    They have a very, very heavy schedule on their hands. Although a lot of the teams are repetitive and some of the tours are also repetitive for their fans but it has become a habit for them to see India play every week.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    8,870
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't think it would mean anything. The BCCI has way more important things to take care of.

    For once, I'm really happy for both Pakistan and Bangladesh cricket. And no, it's not a phoney smile


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

  4. #4
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    15,895
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't think it means anything to BCCI. I doubt BCCI cares who tours Pakistan or not. BCB is not some slave of BCCI to follow it's diktats. The two boards have a good ,working, professional relationship and that's about it. BCCI trying to isolate Pakistan is a myth with no evidence whatsoever.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,366
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People on here claiming the bcci doesn't care are also the ones who claim it's the indian government that doesn't allow india to play Pakistan in bilateral series. If that is the case then this is political and it is thus, a political blow to india and the bcci.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol BCCI has more important things on their mind, like IPL for instance. Pakistan Cricket is too insignificant for them.

  7. #7
    Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    33
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Don't think it would mean anything. The BCCI has way more important things to take care of.

    For once, I'm really happy for both Pakistan and Bangladesh cricket. And no, it's not a phoney smile
    I don't think it means much to BCCI. Plus, the impression I've always had was that Ganguly is less politicly inclined than previous BCCI heads like Srinivasan and Anurag Thakur. Thus, whilst previous administrations may have actively encouraged Pakistan's isolation, I think the current regime is more concerned with India itself. Mind you, I'm not saying that there will be any thawing of relations between the two boards anytime soon, especially under a BJP government with it's political stances.

    I hope Ganguly and the BCCI see the bigger picture that for India to be relevant and for cricket to be relevant, other nations need to be playing high level cricket. Accordingly, not isolating Pakistan allows for a stronger Pakistan team. This indirectly helps India as well, because whilst India may not directly play Pakistan, other teams will and they will get better in the process. This will give India stronger opponents and thus bring more eye balls to the bilateral series that India plays. Plus it also makes for more competitive ICC tournaments and all these things mean more money from broadcasters for the BCCI.

    Please note that this is speculation on my part

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,167
    Mentioned
    1657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I wonder if there could be consequences for the BCB as many felt they wouldn't tour Pakistan.



  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    33,358
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Don't think it means anything to BCCI. I doubt BCCI cares who tours Pakistan or not. BCB is not some slave of BCCI to follow it's diktats. The two boards have a good ,working, professional relationship and that's about it. BCCI trying to isolate Pakistan is a myth with no evidence whatsoever.
    Nah, plenty of evidence available on BCCI trying to isolate Pakistan. The BCCI even lobbied the ICC to ban terrorist countries from the ICC.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    33,358
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I wonder if there could be consequences for the BCB as many felt they wouldn't tour Pakistan.
    Lol, no future Indian tours to Bangladesh for one. No hosting rights for the Asia Cup, no Bangladeshi players in the IPL

  11. #11
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,332
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liam26 View Post
    Lol BCCI has more important things on their mind, like IPL for instance. Pakistan Cricket is too insignificant for them.
    Is this why India always ends up in Pakistans group when WC comes round? Not insignificant then are we?

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    1,998
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent news about this tour! Even better than the optimal outcome because the entire series will be played, PCB gets what it wants, BCB gets what it wants, the fans get what they want, and an extra ODI to boot!

    This was basically something that was proposed earlier by the PCB, wonder why it took Manohar's leadership to confirm this.

    Once again, this shows the exemplary leadership abilities of Shashank Manhoar. Surely, one of the greatest cricket adminstrators in history, if not sports administrators in history.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    15,895
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Nah, plenty of evidence available on BCCI trying to isolate Pakistan. The BCCI even lobbied the ICC to ban terrorist countries from the ICC.
    No evidence that bcci specifically asked other boards to abandon bilateral ties with Pakistan.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,218
    Mentioned
    2225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    People on here claiming the bcci doesn't care are also the ones who claim it's the indian government that doesn't allow india to play Pakistan in bilateral series. If that is the case then this is political and it is thus, a political blow to india and the bcci.
    You are wrong in both ways - because GoI & BCCI is doing exactly what one intelligent board/leadership would have done in such case - they are stripping PCB financially to the last penny. In this world, even USA couldn't isolate Cuba, therefore no one can isolate any country, because everyone has some friends at some corner - even North Korea played in World Cup, Asiad, Olympics to these days. And, after the US-Iran conflict, still Iran will travel to Tokyo, may be in Qatar as well in 3 years time.

    What BCCI/GoI has done is that they are blocking the last penny that could come from IND in PAK cricket - and that's the biggest blow for PCB, more than not playing cricket at home. An Indian exchange tour in every 2 years with 4 Tests, 5 ODIs & 3 T20s - if not in PAK, but UAE, UK, Canada, SRL, BD, AUS, Moon, Mars ..... could have put PCB straight at per of CA, at least financially, may be cricket wise as well to some extent; because PCB bosses won't have kept their chair below their bum with this show by their team every two years against India, someone had to wake up - BCCI have shut down that door completely.

    It's the fools here that tend to believe GoI or BCCI is forcing other countries to abstain from traveling to PAK, and many naive Pakistanis tend to believe it more, when it comes to BD or BCB. In a 4 year's cycle, what ever penny PCB can collect from all other tours can be exchanged in one half cheque, by an Indian tour of 10 weeks - if you don't realize that yet, none can help. There is one winner here ONLY - BCCI (GoI in that respect, it's a shadow war and to hush-hush in that), their schedule isn't blank in absence of PAK .... and the loser ONLY - PCB/PAK, their wallet is shrinking, so is their calendar.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    7,562
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I wonder if there could be consequences for the BCB as many felt they wouldn't tour Pakistan.
    I would guess it took some serious pacifying and assurance (or "leadsership" as Mani called it) from Shashank Manohar before BCB could commit to tour.

    India has realized that it's perhaps time to take a little step back in isolate Pakistan mission for now.

    PCB is and Pakistan are slowly getting their house in order - which means that you start to get some respect from outside quarters.


    "I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Is this why India always ends up in Pakistans group when WC comes round? Not insignificant then are we?
    India and Pakistan are in different groups in the upcoming T20 WC 2020.

    They were also in different groups during the 2007 and 2011 World Cups.

    So sometimes both teams are in one group but not always and that could be because since its an ICC event, ICC looks to maximize their revenue by making sure that theres one India-Pakistan contest which Cricket lovers from both countries will definitely not miss.

    But thats ICC who organizes International Tournaments, if you notice BCCI has no intention or interest in inviting Pakistan for a Test Series in India or playing in UAE. Its nowhere near their list of priorities or else they will organize Tests with Pakistan in Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata.

    IPL, series with England and series with Australia are the top three priorities of BCCI.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    8,870
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPakBreakfast View Post
    I don't think it means much to BCCI. Plus, the impression I've always had was that Ganguly is less politicly inclined than previous BCCI heads like Srinivasan and Anurag Thakur. Thus, whilst previous administrations may have actively encouraged Pakistan's isolation, I think the current regime is more concerned with India itself. Mind you, I'm not saying that there will be any thawing of relations between the two boards anytime soon, especially under a BJP government with it's political stances.

    I hope Ganguly and the BCCI see the bigger picture that for India to be relevant and for cricket to be relevant, other nations need to be playing high level cricket. Accordingly, not isolating Pakistan allows for a stronger Pakistan team. This indirectly helps India as well, because whilst India may not directly play Pakistan, other teams will and they will get better in the process. This will give India stronger opponents and thus bring more eye balls to the bilateral series that India plays. Plus it also makes for more competitive ICC tournaments and all these things mean more money from broadcasters for the BCCI.

    Please note that this is speculation on my part
    I have been bloody starving for matches between India and Pakistan for so long, particularly Test matches. As a fan, I spent the entire 90's in inferiority complex due to Pakistan being a much better team than us. Now when the tides have changed, I have desperately wanted for so many years for both the teams to play cricket regularly. Mostly because my team is behind Pakistan in head to head records in both Tests and ODI's. That record honestly hurts my pride as an Indian fan.

    I'm not saying that we would definitely leap ahead of Pakistan in our head to head record with them if both the teams play against each other regularly. But at least it would give us a chance to rectify that record.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    7,562
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    No evidence that bcci specifically asked other boards to abandon bilateral ties with Pakistan.
    Evidence ? haha. You are more naive than a toddler if you want evidence for every political move that happens on world stage.


    "I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    7,562
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    You are wrong in both ways - because GoI & BCCI is doing exactly what one intelligent board/leadership would have done in such case - they are stripping PCB financially to the last penny. In this world, even USA couldn't isolate Cuba, therefore no one can isolate any country, because everyone has some friends at some corner - even North Korea played in World Cup, Asiad, Olympics to these days. And, after the US-Iran conflict, still Iran will travel to Tokyo, may be in Qatar as well in 3 years time.

    What BCCI/GoI has done is that they are blocking the last penny that could come from IND in PAK cricket - and that's the biggest blow for PCB, more than not playing cricket at home. An Indian exchange tour in every 2 years with 4 Tests, 5 ODIs & 3 T20s - if not in PAK, but UAE, UK, Canada, SRL, BD, AUS, Moon, Mars ..... could have put PCB straight at per of CA, at least financially, may be cricket wise as well to some extent; because PCB bosses won't have kept their chair below their bum with this show by their team every two years against India, someone had to wake up - BCCI have shut down that door completely.

    It's the fools here that tend to believe GoI or BCCI is forcing other countries to abstain from traveling to PAK, and many naive Pakistanis tend to believe it more, when it comes to BD or BCB. In a 4 year's cycle, what ever penny PCB can collect from all other tours can be exchanged in one half cheque, by an Indian tour of 10 weeks - if you don't realize that yet, none can help. There is one winner here ONLY - BCCI (GoI in that respect, it's a shadow war and to hush-hush in that), their schedule isn't blank in absence of PAK .... and the loser ONLY - PCB/PAK, their wallet is shrinking, so is their calendar.
    Of course it's smart when BCCI wants to hurt PCB by starving them for cash and watches out for it's own interests.

    However, as soon as PCB moves to watch for its interests and ask BCB to send their tam to Pakistan, PCB is a bully and unprofessional.


    "I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    4,471
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liam26 View Post
    Lol BCCI has more important things on their mind, like IPL for instance. Pakistan Cricket is too insignificant for them.
    I'm sure BCCI is not happy with this. Believe me Pakistan is very important not just for BCCI, but Modi's government also. Things would have been much better if Pakistan was not important for India.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    7,562
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    Excellent news about this tour! Even better than the optimal outcome because the entire series will be played, PCB gets what it wants, BCB gets what it wants, the fans get what they want, and an extra ODI to boot!

    This was basically something that was proposed earlier by the PCB, wonder why it took Manohar's leadership to confirm this.

    Once again, this shows the exemplary leadership abilities of Shashank Manhoar. Surely, one of the greatest cricket adminstrators in history, if not sports administrators in history.
    How about the greatest human being to have ever lived?

    Indian re-assurance was absolutely vital for this tour, I am glad BCB got it.


    "I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,218
    Mentioned
    2225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by octavian View Post
    Of course it's smart when BCCI wants to hurt PCB by starving them for cash and watches out for it's own interests.

    However, as soon as PCB moves to watch for its interests and ask BCB to send their tam to Pakistan, PCB is a bully and unprofessional.
    I am not sure why you tagged me here. It's not me that ever told PCB is unprofessional here, and they won't look for their interest. In fact, I am the first one to say that PCB must not compromise on the Tests, because that's their key to move forward. PCB indeed didn't act professionally when the cancelled the last BD tour, but this guy WK is a pro and he got my support from day one.

    On contrary, I can tag many post here including you regarding how BCCI & GoI is forcing BCB/GoB to isolate PAK - now these same people are trying to save face with a fall back strategy.


    BCCI is indeed smart here - and PCB was not only foolish, but arrogant as well in past - you should have read from me that, in this cricket world where every board is suppressed by big 3, others need to act closer, rather than burning bridges.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    I'm sure BCCI is not happy with this. Believe me Pakistan is very important not just for BCCI, but Modi's government also. Things would have been much better if Pakistan was not important for India.
    Why? Is a series between Pakistan and Bangladesh hitting BCCIs deep pockets?

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,167
    Mentioned
    1657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Definitely some backdoor deals have been done for the series to happen.

    ICC involvement, BCB suddenly are fine to play 2 Tests. It all seems a bit too convenient doesn't it.



  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    7,562
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I am not sure why you tagged me here. It's not me that ever told PCB is unprofessional here, and they won't look for their interest. In fact, I am the first one to say that PCB must not compromise on the Tests, because that's their key to move forward. PCB indeed didn't act professionally when the cancelled the last BD tour, but this guy WK is a pro and he got my support from day one.

    On contrary, I can tag many post here including you regarding how BCCI & GoI is forcing BCB/GoB to isolate PAK - now these same people are trying to save face with a fall back strategy.


    BCCI is indeed smart here - and PCB was not only foolish, but arrogant as well in past - you should have read from me that, in this cricket world where every board is suppressed by big 3, others need to act closer, rather than burning bridges.
    Not sure how any of this explanation addresses my point.

    You are basically saying, PCB is/was unprofessional/arrogant because I said so.

    You criticized the Wasim Khan/Mani combo when they told BCB that Pak won't play tests on a neutral venue. There are plenty of posts form you on that I can quote. No amount of backtracking will help you here.


    "I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

  26. #26
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    6,164
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan shouldn't play them.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,218
    Mentioned
    2225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by octavian View Post
    Not sure how any of this explanation addresses my point.

    You are basically saying, PCB is/was unprofessional/arrogant because I said so.

    You criticized the Wasim Khan/Mani combo when they told BCB that Pak won't play tests on a neutral venue. There are plenty of posts form you on that I can quote. No amount of backtracking will help you here.
    I have NEVER said they are unprofessional - go to those "posts" of mine and tag me there, I'll answer, in that - don't fool around, by beating about the bush. I am not back tracking, rather exposing idiots here who had their two minutes glory in past.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    7,562
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ butt hurt ? haha.

    This is a classic case of projection. PCB / PAK got what it wanted, why would anyone be hurt?

    What could probably hurt that is the whole world saw what we have been saying on here for ages. An Indian administrator has to come out and provide "leadership" to get the BCB to tour.


    "I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    2,122
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Definitely some backdoor deals have been done for the series to happen.

    ICC involvement, BCB suddenly are fine to play 2 Tests. It all seems a bit too convenient doesn't it.
    It is beneficial for BCB as well. They need to play more test cricket otherwise they will always be a minnow. They had past grievances with PCB which seems to have been resolved.
    However the tour has been broken in 3 shorter pieces, sort of what they have been asking for in the first place. only difference is they have now committed returning for tests. Before they were saying they will decide later about tests.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,218
    Mentioned
    2225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by octavian View Post
    ^^ butt hurt ? haha.

    This is a classic case of projection. PCB / PAK got what it wanted, why would anyone be hurt?

    What could probably hurt that is the whole world saw what we have been saying on here for ages. An Indian administrator has to come out and provide "leadership" to get the BCB to tour.
    Get yourself educated a bit - that Indian administrator is the chief executive of ICC, the Governing body of world cricket; it's his job to help settlement in such disputes. Instead of him, where should cricket boards go - to OIC office or Washington? And, Mr. Manohar is probably the biggest adversary of BCCI it self - something I actually don't expect you to know.

    PS: ICC, means International Cricket Council; Chairperson is the head of ICC, now held by Shashank Manohar, an Indian by nationality.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,218
    Mentioned
    2225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Definitely some backdoor deals have been done for the series to happen.

    ICC involvement, BCB suddenly are fine to play 2 Tests. It all seems a bit too convenient doesn't it.
    Probably the Asia Cup - in any case, it won't have taken place in PAK; but it's a win-win deal for both.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    7,562
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Get yourself educated a bit - that Indian administrator is the chief executive of ICC, the Governing body of world cricket; it's his job to help settlement in such disputes. Instead of him, where should cricket boards go - to OIC office or Washington? And, Mr. Manohar is probably the biggest adversary of BCCI it self - something I actually don't expect you to know.

    PS: ICC, means International Cricket Council; Chairperson is the head of ICC, now held by Shashank Manohar, an Indian by nationality.
    Question for you. Would BCB listen to ICC chief executive of ICC if he happened to a Pakistani or a Kiwi or a South African?


    "I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,167
    Mentioned
    1657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketAXEpert View Post
    It is beneficial for BCB as well. They need to play more test cricket otherwise they will always be a minnow. They had past grievances with PCB which seems to have been resolved.
    However the tour has been broken in 3 shorter pieces, sort of what they have been asking for in the first place. only difference is they have now committed returning for tests. Before they were saying they will decide later about tests.
    I guess the suspicious side of me thinks why the sudden change of plan by BCB, only a few days after saying no thanks.

    Also ICC were silent all along, suddenly they push BCB to tour.

    I wonder what carrots have been dangled.



  34. #34
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,167
    Mentioned
    1657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Probably the Asia Cup - in any case, it won't have taken place in PAK; but it's a win-win deal for both.
    Yes, indeed.

    There has to have been a deal brokered behind the scenes. An incentive of sorts for BCB, which one could say is fair play to BCB hierarchy.



  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    2,959
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well BCCI Chief in 2016 openly said that they want to isolate Pakistan globally in cricket. I think it is a huge set back for BCCI at the moment, isn't it?

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,366
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    You are wrong in both ways - because GoI & BCCI is doing exactly what one intelligent board/leadership would have done in such case - they are stripping PCB financially to the last penny. In this world, even USA couldn't isolate Cuba, therefore no one can isolate any country, because everyone has some friends at some corner - even North Korea played in World Cup, Asiad, Olympics to these days. And, after the US-Iran conflict, still Iran will travel to Tokyo, may be in Qatar as well in 3 years time.

    What BCCI/GoI has done is that they are blocking the last penny that could come from IND in PAK cricket - and that's the biggest blow for PCB, more than not playing cricket at home. An Indian exchange tour in every 2 years with 4 Tests, 5 ODIs & 3 T20s - if not in PAK, but UAE, UK, Canada, SRL, BD, AUS, Moon, Mars ..... could have put PCB straight at per of CA, at least financially, may be cricket wise as well to some extent; because PCB bosses won't have kept their chair below their bum with this show by their team every two years against India, someone had to wake up - BCCI have shut down that door completely.

    It's the fools here that tend to believe GoI or BCCI is forcing other countries to abstain from traveling to PAK, and many naive Pakistanis tend to believe it more, when it comes to BD or BCB. In a 4 year's cycle, what ever penny PCB can collect from all other tours can be exchanged in one half cheque, by an Indian tour of 10 weeks - if you don't realize that yet, none can help. There is one winner here ONLY - BCCI (GoI in that respect, it's a shadow war and to hush-hush in that), their schedule isn't blank in absence of PAK .... and the loser ONLY - PCB/PAK, their wallet is shrinking, so is their calendar.
    Not true as PCB has made more money in its last financial cycle than ever before and will make the 3rd most in the cycle due to end in 2023.

    In the meantime, the Big Three financial model has come to an end, is due to be re-scheduled further post 2023 and the PCB has started the 2nd or 3rd most financially successful T20 league out there (depending on how the future English league will perform) which is only set to get bigger and now international cricket is returning to Pakistan after years of the odd game here and there.

    Enjoy it Mr Bibi

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    7,562
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Not true as PCB has made more money in its last financial cycle than ever before and will make the 3rd most in the cycle due to end in 2023.

    In the meantime, the Big Three financial model has come to an end, is due to be re-scheduled further post 2023 and the PCB has started the 2nd or 3rd most financially successful T20 league out there (depending on how the future English league will perform) which is only set to get bigger and now international cricket is returning to Pakistan after years of the odd game here and there.

    Enjoy it Mr Bibi
    I have been debunking this lie foe months that PCB is doing poorly financially.

    Sure it could do better but its still doing better than most boards. Currently the 3rd or 4th richest board. With cricket returning to Pakistan, it's about to get richer.

    But no number of facts can open the eyes of an emotional hysterical person.


    "I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

  38. #38
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,218
    Mentioned
    2225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Not true as PCB has made more money in its last financial cycle than ever before and will make the 3rd most in the cycle due to end in 2023.

    In the meantime, the Big Three financial model has come to an end, is due to be re-scheduled further post 2023 and the PCB has started the 2nd or 3rd most financially successful T20 league out there (depending on how the future English league will perform) which is only set to get bigger and now international cricket is returning to Pakistan after years of the odd game here and there.

    Enjoy it Mr Bibi
    I do have a Bibi indeed, and I do enjoy her company as well. I hope you get your one first, before enjoying .....

    Coming to the financial cycle, shouldn't be the case? IND last toured PAK in 2008, obviously since then, revenue stream will grow - 12 years back MU had everything in English soccer, and their gross revenue was around 205mn ... last year, they are not in CL, still their GR looks like 600mn+

    Or, are you really trying to tell us here that Indian tour in PAK doesn't matter much ... looks like, one trial wasn't enough then.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,218
    Mentioned
    2225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Yes, indeed.

    There has to have been a deal brokered behind the scenes. An incentive of sorts for BCB, which one could say is fair play to BCB hierarchy.
    Honestly speaking, lots of these drama was media mockery and naive people running mouth at random. There was a genuine grievance of BCB's part for the cancelled series and something had to be done for that. I am sure,we haven't heard the last of it - I hope it turns only for the betterment of cricket and relationship.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    15,895
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by octavian View Post
    Evidence ? haha. You are more naive than a toddler if you want evidence for every political move that happens on world stage.
    Right. So you are the sort of person who will believe half-baked conspiracy theories without any evidence then


  41. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    6,164
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Right. So you are the sort of person who will believe half-baked conspiracy theories without any evidence then
    Everybody knows the BCCI runs the ICC

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,167
    Mentioned
    1657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Honestly speaking, lots of these drama was media mockery and naive people running mouth at random. There was a genuine grievance of BCB's part for the cancelled series and something had to be done for that. I am sure,we haven't heard the last of it - I hope it turns only for the betterment of cricket and relationship.
    I think it's crucial for both PCB and BCB that they enjoy fruitful relations going forward. This could be the start of better things to come.



  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    7,562
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I do have a Bibi indeed, and I do enjoy her company as well. I hope you get your one first, before enjoying .....

    Coming to the financial cycle, shouldn't be the case? IND last toured PAK in 2008, obviously since then, revenue stream will grow - 12 years back MU had everything in English soccer, and their gross revenue was around 205mn ... last year, they are not in CL, still their GR looks like 600mn+

    Or, are you really trying to tell us here that Indian tour in PAK doesn't matter much ... looks like, one trial wasn't enough then.
    Sure PCB would make money with an Indian tour. No one denies that.

    However, you fail to acknowledge one simple fact that even without an indian tour, PCB is doing quite OK. Better than most boards in the world.


    "I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

  44. #44
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    8,870
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    Everybody knows the BCCI runs the ICC
    Yea, baap hain BCCI, ICC ka, right? Get rid of your conspiracy theories, mate.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,172
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We must remember BCCI is only following protocols laid down by the Indian government to isolate Pakistan on world stage.

    Glad to say they have failed badly on all fronts.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    776
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) We def need to stop moaning abt how BCCI is doing this and that ... Indian gvmnt is an open enemy of Pak ( i did say gvmnt not people) so if BCCI is doing anything to stop other teams from playing in pak, well isnt tht wat enemies do ? (this is on the assumption that BCCI is doing something , i have no facts on my side so cannot say this is wats happening)

    2) Its easier to blame others for all our problems... we had issues in the past. we let mullahs and lawyers and other segments to cause issues on our streets, our police force wasnt trained to counter these problems... so lack of trust... Now that we have taken our house in order, people will start coming in

    3) the whole PSL in Pak ( insh-Allah) with full glory would be a giant step ... We cannot thank the SL team enough for thaking the first steps but with a successful PSL, the shadows of the past will fade away.. then it wont be easy for any team to play this jagurnat ...

    in short, your enemies have the right to hurt you... stop crying abt it, thts life, lift yourself up, get your house in order and things will fall in their right place

  47. #47
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    27,218
    Mentioned
    2225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I think it's crucial for both PCB and BCB that they enjoy fruitful relations going forward. This could be the start of better things to come.
    Is there any other way This should have been settled long, long back - 10-12 games series in every alternate year. Also, like 90s, triangular/quadrangular LO tournaments - may be in a revenue sharing model. SLCB, WICB will always be there, may be CSAF & NZCB as well ..............

  48. #48
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    16,641
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Our security services must be on full alert because the Ind establishment will not be happy.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    30,838
    Mentioned
    1666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    24 hrs back it was BCCI trying to stop BcB from touring and Sheikh Hasina following Modis diktat.

    Now its how PCB triumphed and Bcci and Indua failed

    Some people make their own imaginative battles and win them.

    Well PCB doesn't matter to Bcci. They have no cricketing relations.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,413
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Don't think it would mean anything. The BCCI has way more important things to take care of.

    For once, I'm really happy for both Pakistan and Bangladesh cricket. And no, it's not a phoney smile
    you may be happy but the current Indian government feel really bad whenever any good thing happen to Pakistan

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,167
    Mentioned
    1657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Is there any other way This should have been settled long, long back - 10-12 games series in every alternate year. Also, like 90s, triangular/quadrangular LO tournaments - may be in a revenue sharing model. SLCB, WICB will always be there, may be CSAF & NZCB as well ..............
    Of course it should be, but things will turn sour when others start interfering in family problems The more people that interfere in your problems, the more ideas, more misconceptions and more misunderstandings will occur.



  52. #52
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    23,604
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It means BCCI are losing clout, how dare BCB agree to play Pak , looks like Chinese Yuan magic.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    1,998
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I am not sure why you tagged me here. It's not me that ever told PCB is unprofessional here, and they won't look for their interest. In fact, I am the first one to say that PCB must not compromise on the Tests, because that's their key to move forward. PCB indeed didn't act professionally when the cancelled the last BD tour, but this guy WK is a pro and he got my support from day one.

    On contrary, I can tag many post here including you regarding how BCCI & GoI is forcing BCB/GoB to isolate PAK - now these same people are trying to save face with a fall back strategy.


    BCCI is indeed smart here - and PCB was not only foolish, but arrogant as well in past - you should have read from me that, in this cricket world where every board is suppressed by big 3, others need to act closer, rather than burning bridges.
    Any return of cricket to PAK will bring revenue to PCB. BCCI's public position is to minimize that revenue. Hence back to back PAK tours by the two most dependable members (SLC and BCB) may be a sign that BCCI's control is weakened post Big 3 era. Because BCCI was firmly opposed to the restructuring that all 9 other teams voted for in 2017.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    14,967
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    24 hrs back it was BCCI trying to stop BcB from touring and Sheikh Hasina following Modis diktat.

    Now its how PCB triumphed and Bcci and Indua failed

    Some people make their own imaginative battles and win them.

    Well PCB doesn't matter to Bcci. They have no cricketing relations.
    Very nicely put and the posters change from villain to heroes, this whole drama reminded me of kynki ki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi


    Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

  55. #55
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    348
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    24 hrs back it was BCCI trying to stop BcB from touring and Sheikh Hasina following Modis diktat.

    Now its how PCB triumphed and Bcci and Indua failed

    Some people make their own imaginative battles and win them.

    Well PCB doesn't matter to Bcci. They have no cricketing relations.
    Please tell me I am imagining this article: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/68135961.cms

  56. #56
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    30,838
    Mentioned
    1666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    Please tell me I am imagining this article: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/68135961.cms
    Please know who he was. How did he come to bcci. What BCCI members and fans think of him.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    84,194
    Mentioned
    6292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    I donít think they care. Pakistan is a nothing team now and Indiaís competition is Australia and England.

    PCB is insignificant compared to the three powers.

    However, if they still care, they should be happy. This schedule is embarrassing for PCB.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    1,557
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more post from a clickbaiter.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    2,047
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two bottom ranked teams decided to play against each other after a month long drama and entertainment, I doubt it means anything to BCCI. General fans might the daily dose of entertainment, it was fun while it lasted. Hoping for a good contest between two evenly matched teams in Asia.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    2,047
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    Two bottom ranked teams decided to play against each other after a month long drama and entertainment, I doubt it means anything to BCCI. General fans might the daily dose of entertainment, it was fun while it lasted. Hoping for a good contest between two evenly matched teams in Asia.
    *might miss*

  61. #61
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely nothing.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •