Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prithvi Shaw - The most overrated batsman of the millennium

I have never seen a more overrated player than him in recent times. His technique is shocking and fitness is questionable as well. You could literally put a hen in the gap between his bat and pads.

He is very overrated at the moment, I think he should be sent back to the domestic for at least a year like Iyer and then make a comeback when he's fully ready for at least ODI and T20I cricket. The sample for Test cricket is too small for now but scoring 100 against WI on a debut is not a big thing.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Put a hen in the gap? Where did you get this from?

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on 3 matches?
    Even Rohit Sharma failed in his initial years.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This thread is more lke a wish than any kind of sane judgement. lol.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree very poor technique though lots of natural talent and flair Gill is the better product unless shaw improves out of sight.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please flame on. this thread will age real well. People are going to look stupid.

Shaw is a beast. he is 20.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    This thread is more lke a wish than any kind of sane judgement. lol.
    this is true. They still don't learn do they? ah well

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaw's strokes are very easy on the eye. Matter if fact if we can do a video edit of him batting left handed, I am certain he will look like a Brian Lara clone... However he is too aggressive, just need to calm down and stay patient.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, reminded me of a right handed Brian Lara. A lot of natural flair he has.

But Shaw and Pant have to improve more in test cricket. Gill looks a better prospect than both as far as longer format is concerned.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Another premature thread that will backfire.

Shaw is the next Tendulkar. His incredible talent is only matched by Gill among the young batsmen in the world today.

The only thing he needs to work on is his fitness. He will be the best batsman in the world (along with Gill) ahead of Kohli in 3-4 years time.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agree with minamino.....shaw is overrated

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

Shaw is the next Tendulkar. His incredible talent is only matched by Gill among the young batsmen in the world today.

The only thing he needs to work on is his fitness. He will be the best batsman in the world (along with Gill) ahead of Kohli in 3-4 years time.
    Another prediction that will do down the drain and than you will come back to this and say oh this was only a prediction like you do with all your nonsense. Your only good predictions are against Pakistan that even a blind man can make that Pakistan will lose this match against this team as all of Pakistan knows and even a blind man can tell Pakistan will lose this match if itís against a top opposition so stick to your pak hatred predictions since the youíre catching major Ls on all your other ones.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is not ovverated. Only Mamoon overates him. Everyone knows he will be a top player.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's very talented but i think other off-field issues are hampering him right now.
    Needs to be more disciplined and focussed

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I love it when I see Mamoon give the benefit of the doubt in a heartbeat to an Indian player

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Got to laugh at this thread. By what logic is he overrated? Scoring centuries against West Indies on debut is no big thing? Ok, it's no big thing. But how does that make him overrated? He has played 3 ODI innings and you are basing your observation on that?

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Shaw has flaws like all players but on his day he will take attacks apart because of the range of shots he possess.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So shaw and gill are the amalgamation of richards,Tendulkar, kallis and dravid.

They better live up to the hype

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These kind of players will hurt an opposition in a big game and then you will rate them.. some of ugly looking players have become ATG
    And this player is so young and has lots of years ahead... right now he seems suited for test cricket than odi

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will once again admit that in my personal opinion, Iyer is much better than Shaw. Just because he didn't score plenty of runs in 10m boundaries in school cricket doesn't mean he is not better than Shaw.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like someone that the BCCI want to push, they are learning and trying to craft superstars from the beginning, talks a good talk, but i have seen better batsmen in the ipl.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    Looks like someone that the BCCI want to push, they are learning and trying to craft superstars from the beginning, talks a good talk, but i have seen better batsmen in the ipl.
    Shaw can't even speak good English. Nothing oozes class or superstar personality about him. I was watching his interview where he was messing up with English words.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Shaw can't even speak good English. Nothing oozes class or superstar personality about him. I was watching his interview where he was messing up with English words.
    Watch his interview with Nasser Hussain. You can already find this boy in billboards over india, india are trying to market him as the next big thing. Very well educated sensible young chap, also English is not his first language so you can make exceptions, not everyone is perfect.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itís easy being on a forum anonymous and criticise someone for something which is not their strength. But reality is you are a nobody and world already knows someone as Prithvi Shaw

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by globalcitizen View Post
    It’s easy being on a forum anonymous and criticise someone for something which is not their strength. But reality is you are a nobody and world already knows someone as Prithvi Shaw
    I always find it laughable when people, who have trouble constructing a sentence together themselves, have the cheek to criticize another mans English.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by globalcitizen View Post
    It’s easy being on a forum anonymous and criticise someone for something which is not their strength. But reality is you are a nobody and world already knows someone as Prithvi Shaw
    I am not a public figure. Shaw chose this career and should be able to take criticism from the fans and public since that is what made him what he is today.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not a public figure. Shaw chose this career and should be able to take criticism from the fans and public since that is what made him what he is today.
    Then take liberty to criticise their strength, that is cricket performance on field.. you are not doing that unnecessarily talking about their language skills . What next their education?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaw has that excitement about him which I have never really felt since SRT at his peak. The minute Shaw got run out today I stopped watching the game.. If he can put it together I think he may get on Par with SRT....All the strokes, all the talent in the world, just needs a little more patience at the crease.. Exciting times ahead for India.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    Shaw has that excitement about him which I have never really felt since SRT at his peak. The minute Shaw got run out today I stopped watching the game.. If he can put it together I think he may get on Par with SRT....All the strokes, all the talent in the world, just needs a little more patience at the crease.. Exciting times ahead for India.
    I see.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shaw is the best upcoming batsman in the world for sure

He isnít run scoring machine with much needed flair and out of this world strokes

He will be unstoppable soon

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He'd be disappointed with himself re his output in this series but still showed enough about what he brings to the table.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I love watching Shaw bat

He is a 90s type of Cricketer

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

I've been following your comments and you're surely trolling Indians. Great job, they are actually falling for you

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaw will not survive in the current era with that fitness , does not matter how talented he is. More importantly with Virat as a fitness freak he will be completely unsettled in the team if he does not improve on this aspect. While Kohli is a poor ODI captain with two or three brainfarts every match, I agree with him on one thing that fitness helps in enhancing the output of individuals. Also with Gill and Mayank in consideration, and emergence of Jaiswal in the horizon with all-round abilities will mean that Shaw needs to perform really well to cement his place. Those quick fire 40s may not cut for him when Kohli already is trying to protect Dhawan as much as possible.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh boy... some really great replies here. Want to visit this thread time to time.

My prediction- Shaw will fail and be discarded by Kohli who can't see his players fail. Shaw's technique means he will fail more often that not.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaw will end 2020 as best Asian Test batsman after Kohli and Pujara.

Also, he will be just below the league of Kohli and Rohit in ODIs. Ones doubting his abilities have zero understanding of batting.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both Shaw and Gill should get an extended rope in LOI cricket. Both are class batsmen and very very young.

Rohit
    Shaw/Dhawan
    Kohli
    Iyer
    Rahul
    Gill
    Pandya
    Jadeja
    BK/Shami
    Kuldeep/Chahal
    Bumrah

This will be a beast team. Definitely has all the ingredients to win next WC.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling that Jaiswal will be a contender for a spot in the ODI team after IPL. He is too good to not be in the squad soon.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread reeks of jealousy against a 20 year old Huh .. OP must feel ashamed.

His last innings before getting runout was a statement to what is going to come in next few years.. he was hitting boundaries at will on a fairly juicy wicket.. This exposure will do more good than harm and he has only played a grand total of 3 innings. In upcoming test matches he will be even more confident

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The kid is 20. Give him a break. He has great potential.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I see.
    You see

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It doesnít matter. Another prolific dead wicket run scorer in the making. He will most likely end up with more runs than Babar Azam also due to the vast quantity of matches India play.

5 years on,

Jaiswal
    Shaw
    Gill
    Kohli
    Rahul (wk)

Still a gun top 5

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most overrated batsmen of the millennium gets out on the duck along with Shubman who got out on a golden duck against NZ A in the tour match.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most overrated batsmen of the millennium gets out on the duck along with Shubman who got out on a golden duck against NZ A in the tour match.
    pakistan won the tour game vs australia and got absolutely humiliated in the test series. So tour games mean nothing.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agarwal also got out at 1. Now who will open?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So he is already the most overrated batsman of this milennium.?
    Lol. Let the guy atleast play some matches before dismissing him.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Nah.

He's good.

But look at what Ahmad Shahzad did as a 19 year old in NZ vs Shaw.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    So he is already the most overrated batsman of this milennium.?
    Lol. Let the guy atleast play some matches before dismissing him.
    Problem he is rated so highly even before he has done something of note.
    As you yourself said, let the guy atleast play some matches before rating him so highly.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is he really 20-21? He looks like Ravi Shastriís little brother or business partner

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    As you yourself said, let the guy atleast play some matches before rating him so highly.
    Naseem is also rated highly its bcoz his bowling is attractive similarly prithvi shaws attacking gameplay has attracted many fans.
    Expecting him to score heavily on first tour to nz is wrong. He"ll take some time.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Is he really 20-21? He looks like Ravi Shastriís little brother or business partner
    Really? I dont think you had a close look, he looks like a kid straight from school and his progress has been tracked since he was 12-13 so theres no chance of him being overage.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prithvi Shaw has been compared to Sachin Tendulkar straightaway as soon as he hit the scenes.

Of course, after being compared to SRT when you get to know, this bloke doesn't know how to play moving ball and has a big gap between bat and pad, he will face the criticism.

His game reminds so much of Virender Sehwag rather than Tendulkar and it only explains that having him in the team will make sure that we remain lions at home and in Asia but continue to struggle in conditions inductive to quality pace bowling.

The good part is he is 20 and if he works on his technique and defense, he can really become a special player but right now he seems to be a product of the Indian team who is absolutely ruthless at home but not so much overseas. He does have the West Indian flair in him though.
    Last edited by Ab Fan; 14th February 2020 at 19:31.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Is he really 20-21? He looks like Ravi Shastri’s little brother or business partner
    LMAO. This is Shaw in 2016

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's possible you are so used to superhuman feats of Pakistani youngsters that Shaw doesn't strike you as having done something of note. But for Indian fans, his domestic record, his game, test century on debut etc counts as enough to anoint him as someone special. He's getting no more attention than someone like Rohit or Kohli did at Shaw's age.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either him or Gill will make it big at International level, that's for sure, or may be both. Both are special.

Watch out for Priyam Garg as well.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    Either him or Gill will make it big at International level, that's for sure, or may be both. Both are special.

Watch out for Priyam Garg as well.
    Priyam Garg is not rated even by Indians. I don't think he will ever play for India.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Naseem is also rated highly its bcoz his bowling is attractive similarly prithvi shaws attacking gameplay has attracted many fans.
    Expecting him to score heavily on first tour to nz is wrong. He"ll take some time.
    Naseem Shah, Shaw, Gill and others similar should be rated highly as upcoming cricketers.
    The overrating comes when you read things like "he is already better than Babar" from certain posters.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    It's possible you are so used to superhuman feats of Pakistani youngsters that Shaw doesn't strike you as having done something of note. But for Indian fans, his domestic record, his game, test century on debut etc counts as enough to anoint him as someone special. He's getting no more attention than someone like Rohit or Kohli did at Shaw's age.
    If one stat doesn't matter in cricket it's Indian domestic record.
    The likes of Jadu have 3 triple hundreds.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, and Graeme Hick scored stacks of runs in county cricket only to bomb hard in internationals. Can I expect something better than taking some outlier example and generalizing based on them?

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scored 40 of 28 balls so far. lol at people here calling him overrated.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    Howís that good heís suppose to be playing slow not attacking cricket in a test match plus what bowlers is he facing again in a tour match? Weíll see what he does in the real test. Heís prolly good but he got to big for midget and got into drugs and girls and took his focus off the game .

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    Yes, and Graeme Hick scored stacks of runs in county cricket only to bomb hard in internationals. Can I expect something better than taking some outlier example and generalizing based on them?
    That does happen everywhere, great 50 averaging batsmen in FC then not being that good in international level or even flop at Test level.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk about clutching at straws.
    He scored that against a county level side in a TEST match.
    Remind me what he made in the first innings

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Talk about clutching at straws.
    He scored that against a county level side in a TEST match.
    Remind me what he made in the first innings
    yea but people were saying he is trash cause he got out for 1 earlier vs the same team. That's why I said give him time He clearly is an elite level talent. He needs time to grow. Problem is india is very impatient. They will cut him very early if he doesn't perform straight away.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaw seems to be in a hurry, because of the youthful exuberance, to prove himself.
    As per the past reports and performances, he is too good a player to miss out and has the game and he will come good with a little support from the team management, which he seems to be getting right now.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jadeja's Test average is 35.5, which is pretty good for a bowler who was only recently ranked the #1 Test bowler.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea but people were saying he is trash cause he got out for 1 earlier vs the same team. That's why I said give him time He clearly is an elite level talent. He needs time to grow. Problem is india is very impatient. They will cut him very early if he doesn't perform straight away.
    I donít understand what youíre on about?
    Heís playing at a strike rate of over 100 in a TEST match. This isnít good.

Heís not gonna score 90 ball hundreds against the top sides i can guarantee you that

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Heís not gonna score 90 ball hundreds against the top sides i can guarantee you that
    Heard of virendra Sehwag?

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

young. it's normal. He is 20 or 21 for God sake. He what's to prove that he is the new shewag probably lol.

his first class record is actually very impressive. He can block well. His natural instinct however is to bat aggressively.

reminds me of warner.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Heard of virendra Sehwag?
    This guy finds it hard to cross 50 most of the time and youíre comparing him to Sehwag.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prithvi Shaw is a fantastic batsman and one of the best young talents India has produced in recent history. He has got the potential to become 3rd greatest test opener ever from India. He just need to keep his weight un check and follow a disciplined life. He is destined for greatness.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 15th February 2020 at 22:21.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy finds it hard to cross 50 most of the time and you’re comparing him to Sehwag.
    Shaw has played 2 test matches, with a 100 and a 50. What in the world are you on about ?

Reading some comments on here, I feel some Pak fans seems to be confusing Shaw with someone else ? Looking like Shastri's brother ? what the ??? lol the kid looks like he is 17......

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaw is out for blood it seems, so far targeting and destroying Scott Kugeleijn for getting him out for a duck in the first innings..

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    young. it's normal. He is 20 or 21 for God sake. He what's to prove that he is the new shewag probably lol.

his first class record is actually very impressive. He can block well. His natural instinct however is to bat aggressively.

reminds me of warner.
    If you can download Shaw's batting from youtube and re-edit the video to him batting left handed, he would look like a mirror match of Brian Lara... I just dont see any Sehwag, maybe its just me..

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you can download Shaw's batting from youtube and re-edit the video to him batting left handed, he would look like a mirror match of Brian Lara... I just dont see any Sehwag, maybe its just me..
    No way man lol HE is not even close to Lara. The backlift, feet movement shuffling it is completely different. He is predominantly sehwag bit of Tendulkar bit of Uthappa. I don't see Lara in him. Those uppish shots through off side is signature shots of Sehwag. Lara doesn't give room like this. Only Sehwag used to do. Giving room. But i have to say Shaw is a better backfoot player than Sehwag. Sehwag was a better frontfoot player. Shaw pulls better.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shaw was in divine touch last time to Australia. An injury break then ban robbed an year worth of cricket. It will take time to get to the same peak again. This tour will be a huge challenge as he is up against Trent Boult and co. Much bigger fish have struggled on day 1 pitch in NZ against even inferior NZ seam attack. So it is going to be really challenging.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    This guy finds it hard to cross 50 most of the time and youíre comparing him to Sehwag.
    Shaw has played 3 test innings and his scores are 134,70 and 33 Not out.

His FC avg is 61.

In the India A tour of NZ which went simultaneously, he scored a 150 a 55 and a 48 in 5 innings.

Dont know who told you he is not crossing 50s.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is Indian system where very rarely pedigree batsmen failed to live up to expectations. Ganguly, Dravid, Laxman, Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, Pujara. They will get better and better. NOthing can stop them. There will be odd hiccups at the start.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    This is Indian system where very rarely pedigree batsmen failed to live up to expectations. Ganguly, Dravid, Laxman, Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, Pujara. They will get better and better. NOthing can stop them. There will be odd hiccups at the start.
    saddagopan rsmesh
    ss das
    parthiv Patel
    wasim jaffer
    dinesh mongia
    dinesh karthik
    Sunil joshi
    murali karthik
    kuruvilla
    balaji
    vrv singh

what a team that would be? could pakistan do a better ATW team than this?

ATW = all time worst.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    saddagopan rsmesh
    ss das
    parthiv Patel
    wasim jaffer
    dinesh mongia
    dinesh karthik
    Sunil joshi
    murali karthik
    kuruvilla
    balaji
    vrv singh

what a team that would be? could pakistan do a better ATW team than this?

ATW = all time worst.
    None of them are pedigree players lol. They were not really hyped. Manjrekar and Kambli are possibly two exceptions. Kambli still finished with an average of 54. Manju completely went off the boil.