Wisden Cricket Monthly

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 120
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,426
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    Sanjay Manjrekar axed from BCCI’s commentary panel, may not be included in IPL 2020: Report

    Former India batsman and now a renowned broadcaster Sanjay Manjrekar has been reportedly dropped from the commentary panel of BCCI. Manjrekar, who has been a regular feature in the commentary box during India’s home matches for the past couple of years or so, may not be included in IPL 2020 too, which is now slated to begin from April 15, instead of March 29 because of the global outbreak of coronavirus.

    Manjrekar was not present in Dharamsala during the first ODI between India and South Africa, which was washed out without a ball being bowled on Thursday. Other BCCI panel commentators Sunil Gavaskar, Laxman Sivaramakrishnan, and Murali Kartik were, however, present at the venue, reported the Mumbai Mirror.

    While there was no clarity on the reason behind leaving Manjrekar out, the report added that the authorities were not happy with his work.

    “Maybe he will be left out from the IPL panel too. At this stage, it is not on top of our minds. But the fact is they are not happy with his work,” A source was quoted as saying by Mirror.

    Manjrekar had found himself in the middle of a social media storm not once but twice last year when he first called Ravindra Jadeja a ‘bits and pieces’ cricketer and then a few months later questioned the credentials of fellow commentator Harsha Bhogle.

    Manjrekar, however, had apologized for both of his comments later on.

    https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...AWC7JHMMM.html


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    9,402
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Sanjay Manjrekar Dropped from BCCI Commentary Panel: Report

    Former India batsman Sanjay Manjrekar, according to a report in the Mumbai Mirror, has been dropped from the BCCI’s panel of commentators.

    A regular feature in the commentary box in India’s home games, Manjrekar is likely to be left out of the panel for the IPL, which has now been postponed and is set to begin on April 15 instead of the initially scheduled March 29 due to the coronavirus scare.

    Manjrekar was not present in Dharamsala during the first ODI between India and South Africa, which was washed out without a ball being bowled on Thursday.

    Other BCCI panel commentators Sunil Gavaskar, L Sivaramakrishnan, and Murali Kartik were, however, present, reported the Mumbai Mirror.

    The Indian cricket community is currently dealing with the outbreak of coronavirus, as the pandemic has resulted in the cancellation second and third matches in the series, which were to be held in Lucknow and Kolkata.

    While there is no clarity yet on the reason behind dropping Manjrekar, the report added that the authorities were not happy with his work.

    “Maybe he will be left out from the IPL panel too. At this stage, it is not on top of our minds. But the fact is they are not happy with his work,” a source was quoted as saying by Mirror.

    Manjrekar in recent months has been in the middle of a couple storms after he first called Ravindra Jadeja a bits and pieces cricketer during the 2019 ICC World Cup and then a few months later questioned the credentials of Harsha Bhogle during the historic Pink-ball Test against Bangladesh in Kolkata.

    "Of course. It was wrong and I say that because it was unprofessional and the first thing that I did was I had apologized to the producer that I was working for that it was wrong", Manjrekar had said, adding it was his worst year as a commentator.
    Link: https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/n...t-2536615.html



    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    5,079
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No more verbal diarrhoea
    Last edited by angrypathan; 14th March 2020 at 16:52.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    15,733
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was never really fond of his commentary just like I am not very big fan of Sunil Guvaskar's and laxman sivaramakrishnan commentary as well. They all are pretty bland and not really create the excitement or bring something new for the spectators so not sure why BCCI and broadcasters gave them so many years.

    Out of Indian commies I really enjoy listening to Harsha Bhogle, brings in stats, new points, excitement and overall gives commentary a different identity then being overshadowed completely by the cricket on the ground.

    Considering everything, I think India should be doing much better in commentary than the stuff viewers have to listen too. I am pretty sure there would be better commies in India they just dont get the opportunities.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    52,949
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sanjay Manjrekar stood for JNU students. He was one of the few well known people probably the only one in Indian cricket who openly showed support for students who stoop up for fellow muslims against the poisonous citizenship bill of Modi government.

    Immediately after that Ganguly attacked him on Twitter and now we have Manjrekar booted out from commentary box.

    Any Pakistani celebrating this here should remember and know by this they are supporting the Islamophobic masses in India and killing support/sympathy for muslims in India

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,927
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Manjrekar has no clue. India of 90s was not nearly as bad as today's Pakistan.
    Azhar( minus fixing), Tendulkar,Kapil, Kumble and then Ganguly and Dravid maintained the standard quite well.
    India was much much worse. 2 tests won away from home in the 1990s and both of them in Sri Lanka.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,927
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Former India batsman and now a renowned broadcaster Sanjay Manjrekar has been reportedly dropped from the commentary panel of BCCI. Manjrekar, who has been a regular feature in the commentary box during India’s home matches for the past couple of years or so, may not be included in IPL 2020 too, which is now slated to begin from April 15, instead of March 29 because of the global outbreak of coronavirus.

    Manjrekar was not present in Dharamsala during the first ODI between India and South Africa, which was washed out without a ball being bowled on Thursday. Other BCCI panel commentators Sunil Gavaskar, Laxman Sivaramakrishnan, and Murali Kartik were, however, present at the venue, reported the Mumbai Mirror.

    While there was no clarity on the reason behind leaving Manjrekar out, the report added that the authorities were not happy with his work.

    “Maybe he will be left out from the IPL panel too. At this stage, it is not on top of our minds. But the fact is they are not happy with his work,” A source was quoted as saying by Mirror.

    Manjrekar had found himself in the middle of a social media storm not once but twice last year when he first called Ravindra Jadeja a ‘bits and pieces’ cricketer and then a few months later questioned the credentials of fellow commentator Harsha Bhogle.

    Manjrekar, however, had apologized for both of his comments later on.

    https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...AWC7JHMMM.html
    Ganguly bhi Sanghi nikla...

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    35,184
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Message sent is clear toe the BCCI line and sing eternal praises of the Indian players, Indian Cricket or you are out

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,426
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,765
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Would love to have him in PSL next year as a commentator alongside Ramiz Raja

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    15,733
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Would love to have him in PSL next year as a commentator alongside Ramiz Raja
    He is not an impressive commentator in my opinion but then why not.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    21,765
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    He is not an impressive commentator in my opinion but to stir things up why not.
    Na these two are great together. Jim Ross and Jerry the King Lawler

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    77,009
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Upset an Indian player and anything is possible if you are in the media.



  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    569
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On expected lines. You don’t perform you are booted. Has never been an entertaining commentator always mumbling something random. Sanjay on mute on 🤐

  15. #15
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    18,923
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So SM sacked for doing his job and giving an opinion. And it didn't help that he didn't buy the Fascist narrative.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    18,923
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    He is not an impressive commentator in my opinion but then why not.
    Bar Atherton, Hussain, Chappell, Mikey and Bishop, they are much of muchness. He was no better or worse than the any other.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    2,215
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is still better than Sunil Gavasker. Always speaks his mind, and is not afraid to say what is right.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we at least ban ramiz raja from Urdu commentary ?

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    15,733
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Bar Atherton, Hussain, Chappell, Mikey and Bishop, they are much of muchness. He was no better or worse than the any other.
    Mark Nicholas, David Lloyd, Ian Smith, Mike Haysman and Harsha Bhogle as well are few of the best around in my opinion and Sanjay doesnt come much close to any of these names I think.

    While Ramiz Raja makes quite a few mistakes but is still entertaining atleast, same is the case with Danny Morrison.

    With Sanjay Manjerkar, there is neither much entertainment quotient nor much technical discussion of the game.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    52,949
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ganguly is the biggest loser here. SM will get a job soon but Ganguly has tarnished his legacy forever by siding with Islamophobic fascist forces in India. Anything he's achieved in the cricket field has zero value against the fact that he chooses to support oppressors and let himself and his position of influence be used to protect the fascists and hurt those who rightly oppose them.


    In this regard I can't help but express my gratitude for people like Shoaib Akhtar who put their national fame on the line to express solidarity for the weak and the marginalized.

    Indian cricket always lacked characters.

    Lot of numbers but hardly any personality.

    The total silence of Indian cricketer on what goes on in the country is downright shameful


  21. #21
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,041
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good riddance...

  22. #22
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,041
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Upset an Indian player and anything is possible if you are in the media.
    Kohli is such a control freak. Wants to control narrative, shades of Dhoni who got Harsha Bhogle sacked from commentary team for daring to criticize Indian team....

  23. #23
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,456
    Mentioned
    1778 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Manjrekar was never part of the Star sports team, until Diana Eduljee of Mumbai arrived at the scene as CoA. Manjrekar's bias againist non mumbai players and his personal bias againist Tendulkar, Ganguly etc is well known. Hence he was never in the BCCI fold.

    He even made remarks on Ganguly last year as well. Then his social media tirade against Jadeja. His constant Rohit Sharma agenda pushing. Belittling fellow commies.And a lot more.

    It was only time before he was sacked.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    737
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Message sent is clear toe the BCCI line and sing eternal praises of the Indian players, Indian Cricket or you are out
    Exactly, Talk about supressing what you stand for or what you beleive in, you must only spew hate in order to thrive in India these days.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,680
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I like him. Wish we can get him into the PSL comm team.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    758
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks...good riddence. One of the worst commentator in the world.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    53
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird move.
    Manjrekar may not be easy on the ear, but he talks sense and doesn't struggle with the English vocabulary. Actually a rather good analyst of the game. Hilarious that Sivaramakrishna and Kartik are there ahead of him

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    1,202
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harsha and Sanjay are the only two indian commentators that I can bear to listen to and both of them got canned by the BCCI at various times. Ganguly is just a deeply unpleasant individual.


    John 3:16

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    43,487
    Mentioned
    2031 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indians descent into a fascist state is going well I see



    Mein inko rolaonga

  30. #30
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    78
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harsha also wrote a post supporting the students and nothing happened to him.

    This is just a result of years of unprofessional behaviour although I do admit he was the only guy with the guts to criticise big players

  31. #31
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    14,612
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Good riddance. Never liked his commentary anyway. Would prefer Yashpal Sharma over him any day.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    77,009
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    When are they going to get rid of Bhogle who is even worse than Manjrekar.



  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    2,610
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Manjrekar got fired for his performance, it was long overdue.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    35,184
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I don't have much sympathy for Manjrekar, he has been blocking people on twitter for e.g. Michael Vaughan who have challenged him for his views, he is just getting a taste of his own medicine now. Everyone knows how much he despised a young Virat Kohli when he first came on the scene and felt he would not amount to much, look at Kohli's place in history now.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    53
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I don't have much sympathy for Manjrekar, he has been blocking people on twitter for e.g. Michael Vaughan who have challenged him for his views, he is just getting a taste of his own medicine now. Everyone knows how much he despised a young Virat Kohli when he first came on the scene and felt he would not amount to much, look at Kohli's place in history now.
    Mate, whatever actions or views he shares on Twitter are immaterial to me when I listen to a voice analyzing a cricket match. The guy is blunt - and says what he feels, nothing wrong with that.

    Manjrekar was/is pretty good at his job, and dare I say, a lot better than a lot of his fellow Indian contemporaries (Gavaskar, Sivaramakrishnan, Karthik,..)

    I do hope the guy gets more gigs at t20 leagues around the world

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,456
    Mentioned
    1778 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    When are they going to get rid of Bhogle who is even worse than Manjrekar.
    Does Bhogle takes pot shots at players and former players? Or is he unprofessional towards his fellow commies?

    Bhogle has commetated for BBC ABC AIR and a host of broadcasters.

    Manjrekar has ****** off the most of bcci leadership, players, former greats. The only reason he got a gig with Star was because Diana Eduljee was the CoA.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,456
    Mentioned
    1778 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HydratedTurnip View Post
    Mate, whatever actions or views he shares on Twitter are immaterial to me when I listen to a voice analyzing a cricket match. The guy is blunt - and says what he feels, nothing wrong with that.

    Manjrekar was/is pretty good at his job, and dare I say, a lot better than a lot of his fellow Indian contemporaries (Gavaskar, Sivaramakrishnan, Karthik,..)

    I do hope the guy gets more gigs at t20 leagues around the world
    His analysis is biased. He has made poor remarks even at the likes of Tendulkar and Dravid and Gangulys.

    He makes life miserable for fellow commies and has air about himself for being a former test player and unless he is sharing the box with a player who is above him in stature, he just keeps repeating his own stuff, saying i know i played the game.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,456
    Mentioned
    1778 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Indians descent into a fascist state is going well I see

    Only pak media can find Modi angle every where.

    Looking at the reaction, most online fans seem to be mighty pleased at his sacking.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    77,009
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Does Bhogle takes pot shots at players and former players? Or is he unprofessional towards his fellow commies?

    Bhogle has commetated for BBC ABC AIR and a host of broadcasters.

    Manjrekar has ****** off the most of bcci leadership, players, former greats. The only reason he got a gig with Star was because Diana Eduljee was the CoA.
    So if you tow the party line, massage the egos of players you are fine.

    Great.



  40. #40
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    Turku , Finland
    Runs
    923
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is one of those unconventional commentators, its always good to have variety in a the box. Poor decision from BCCI, intolerance is making its way into cricket board as well.

    Ganguly influence in booting him out is evident .

  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    35,184
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sohailmm View Post
    He is one of those unconventional commentators, its always good to have variety in a the box. Poor decision from BCCI, intolerance is making its way into cricket board as well.

    Ganguly influence in booting him out is evident .
    If Ganguly was the one calling the shots, i doubt he would put up with Ravi Shastri

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    77,009
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sohailmm View Post
    He is one of those unconventional commentators, its always good to have variety in a the box. Poor decision from BCCI, intolerance is making its way into cricket board as well.

    Ganguly influence in booting him out is evident .
    I'm not a fan of Manjrekar's but in the modern game, the Boards have too much say and influence with the Broadcasters. Any commentator who criticises players or dares to question the Board's decisions is seen as a trouble-maker and fired.

    It seems these Boards want yes-men who are robots sitting in the commentary box praising the players and the Board all day.



  43. #43
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    35,184
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I'm not a fan of Manjrekar's but in the modern game, the Boards have too much say and influence with the Broadcasters. Any commentator who criticises players or dares to question the Board's decisions is seen as a trouble-maker and fired.

    It seems these Boards want yes-men who are robots sitting in the commentary box praising the players and the Board all day.
    I have seen Ramiz criticize the PCB on occasion, who can forget his opposition to the spot fixers returing to Pakistani colors and the PSL, but they have zero problems in dealing with him.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    77,009
    Mentioned
    2004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I have seen Ramiz criticize the PCB on occasion, who can forget his opposition to the spot fixers returing to Pakistani colors and the PSL, but they have zero problems in dealing with him.
    Fake opposition.

    Did he actually stop interviewing them or working on commentary when they returned. No he didn't.



  45. #45
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    33,107
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    I don't think many will complain about this sacking.

    Sometimes he talks sense.

    A lot of times he is just AWFUL.

    His mocking of Bhogle's lack of experience as a cricketer was a serious LOW.


    Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    35,184
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Sanjay Manjrekar Writes to BCCI Asking to Be Reinstated as Commentator for IPL 2020

    Sanjay Manjrekar Writes to BCCI Asking to Be Reinstated as Commentator for IPL 2020

    Sanjay Manjrekar has written to the BCCI asking to be reinstated as a commentator for the upcoming edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL).

    Cricketnext Staff |July 31, 2020, 2:24 PM IST

    Former India international turned commentator Sanjay Manjrekar has written to the BCCI asking to be reinstated as a commentator for the upcoming edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL).

    Manjrekar had been removed from the commentary panel just before the India-South Africa series earlier this year which was eventually cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.

    "Respected members of the Apex Council, hope you all keeping well. You are already in receipt of the email I sent to explain my position as commentator. With the IPL dates announced, bcci.tv will pick its commentary panel soon. I will be happy to work as per the guidelines laid by you. After all, we are working on what is essentially your production. Last time may be there was not enough clarity on this issue. Thanks very much, Regards," Manjrekar wrote in the email according to a report in the Times of India.

    At the time, reports suggested that Manjrekar was sacked due to his "bits and pieces" comments on India all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja.

    "We should close this chapter now and forgive Manjrekar. He has already apologised for his comments on Jadeja and sorted it out with the player concerned," a board official told TOI.

    "He has promised us that he'll stick to the 'code of conduct' for TV commentators. After all, he's a fine commentator with massive cricketing knowledge."

    However, the final call on this issue will be taken by BCCI president Sourav Ganguly and secretary Jay Shah.

    Link: https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/n...0-2746463.html

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that BCCI picks the commentators is the actual astonishing part. As we all know they pick puppets to commentate and keep to their narrative. The dictatorship BCCI has over cricket in general is detrimental to the sport as a whole. But I guess the world is now full of ridiculous autocratic bureaucracy from YouTube banning alternative opinion to the WHO to the entire world media and the "we are all in this together" mantra.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    18,648
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickeet View Post
    The fact that BCCI picks the commentators is the actual astonishing part. As we all know they pick puppets to commentate and keep to their narrative. The dictatorship BCCI has over cricket in general is detrimental to the sport as a whole. But I guess the world is now full of ridiculous autocratic bureaucracy from YouTube banning alternative opinion to the WHO to the entire world media and the "we are all in this together" mantra.
    Youtube banned blatant lies which was causing thousands to die. I cannot undetstsnd the foolishness of people who defend such blatant malicious lies being spread by conmen.

    Whats hilarious is that you think its alternate to WHO where every single specialist and doctor in every sibgle country agree to what is truth and what is lie. Yet gullible people keep falling for conmen. I think the internet age had exposed how many uneducated people exist in the world
    Last edited by The Viper; 31st July 2020 at 22:38.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,456
    Mentioned
    1778 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickeet View Post
    The fact that BCCI picks the commentators is the actual astonishing part. As we all know they pick puppets to commentate and keep to their narrative. The dictatorship BCCI has over cricket in general is detrimental to the sport as a whole. But I guess the world is now full of ridiculous autocratic bureaucracy from YouTube banning alternative opinion to the WHO to the entire world media and the "we are all in this together" mantra.
    Unlike other boards, Bcci produces its own live feed from the matches. Commentators to production equipment, all are hired by Bcci.

    So they own all the footage etc.

    This is called smart business.

  50. #50
    Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    218
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Unlike other boards, Bcci produces its own live feed from the matches. Commentators to production equipment, all are hired by Bcci.

    So they own all the footage etc.

    This is called smart business.
    Smart business is having a high quality product, including objective commentary. Commentators should complement live pictures with articulate sound bites, that informs the viewer and adds value. This is further enhanced if they can give their honest analysis rather than being tied to a script or theme.

    Perhaps you're used to the cheerleading commentary that the BCCI prefers from its commentators. Perhaps the viewing public prefer it now. But eventually, they'll tire of it

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    287
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Unlike other boards, Bcci produces its own live feed from the matches. Commentators to production equipment, all are hired by Bcci.

    So they own all the footage etc.

    This is called smart business.
    If India wants to be a capitalist democracy it must take government involvement out of business, broadcasting should be open to the free market not a monopoly by a cricket board.

  52. #52
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,428
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fired for criticizing an Indian player? How draconian can the BCCI get?

    But bet on the typical fanboiz to justify this too

  53. #53
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    19,771
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    How does Jadeja have so much clout over the commentators to a game?


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    1,202
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    I don't think many will complain about this sacking.

    Sometimes he talks sense.

    A lot of times he is just AWFUL.

    His mocking of Bhogle's lack of experience as a cricketer was a serious LOW.

    You have to be really narrow-minded to think he deserved this sacking for having an opinion.

    Despite having all the money in the world, the BCCI are still run like a mafia .. CA and ECB are a lot more professional, efficient and held accountable by their media.


    John 3:16

  55. #55
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,456
    Mentioned
    1778 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPakBreakfast View Post
    Smart business is having a high quality product, including objective commentary. Commentators should complement live pictures with articulate sound bites, that informs the viewer and adds value. This is further enhanced if they can give their honest analysis rather than being tied to a script or theme.

    Perhaps you're used to the cheerleading commentary that the BCCI prefers from its commentators. Perhaps the viewing public prefer it now. But eventually, they'll tire of it
    If the market is ready to pay $ 3.5 bn for the product, then its a high quality product.

    Some of the worlds best commies work in the IPL.

    Harsha Bhogle, Simon Doull, Pommie Mbangwa, Sanjay Manjrekar, Danny Morrison, Michael Slater, Murali Kartik, Michael Vaughan, Ian Bishop, David Lloyd, Brett Lee, Graeme Smith, Matthew Hayden, Sunil Gavaskar, Mel Jones, Kevin Pietersen, Michael Clarke, Lisa Sthalekar, Isa Guha, Nasser Hussain, Rohan Gavaskar.

    This is 2018s list. Almost all of them work as regular commentators in their own countries.

    Manjrekar is a third rate commentator. He only got into the indian commentators team during the CoA regime. Hope Dada keeps him out

  56. #56
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,456
    Mentioned
    1778 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    If India wants to be a capitalist democracy it must take government involvement out of business, broadcasting should be open to the free market not a monopoly by a cricket board.
    What are you talking about?

    Bcci is not government owned.

    Bcci produces its own feed and the feed is sold to the highest bidder. In this case, Star India.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,456
    Mentioned
    1778 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    You have to be really narrow-minded to think he deserved this sacking for having an opinion.

    Despite having all the money in the world, the BCCI are still run like a mafia .. CA and ECB are a lot more professional, efficient and held accountable by their media.
    Having an opinion? He mocks fellow commies. Makes uncharitable remarks against players and ex players. There is hardly anyone outside the mumbai lobby who Manjrekar hasnt rubbed the wrong way.

    He was brought into the Indian commie team due to pressure from Eduljee. Another mumbai lobbykar.

  58. #58
    Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    218
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    If the market is ready to pay $ 3.5 bn for the product, then its a high quality product.

    Some of the worlds best commies work in the IPL.

    Harsha Bhogle, Simon Doull, Pommie Mbangwa, Sanjay Manjrekar, Danny Morrison, Michael Slater, Murali Kartik, Michael Vaughan, Ian Bishop, David Lloyd, Brett Lee, Graeme Smith, Matthew Hayden, Sunil Gavaskar, Mel Jones, Kevin Pietersen, Michael Clarke, Lisa Sthalekar, Isa Guha, Nasser Hussain, Rohan Gavaskar.

    This is 2018s list. Almost all of them work as regular commentators in their own countries.

    Manjrekar is a third rate commentator. He only got into the indian commentators team during the CoA regime. Hope Dada keeps him out
    Don't mistake the value of the rights fees with quality. All the names you mentioned barring maybe Nasser and KP, tend to behave like automatons.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    18,923
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Having an opinion? He mocks fellow commies. Makes uncharitable remarks against players and ex players. There is hardly anyone outside the mumbai lobby who Manjrekar hasnt rubbed the wrong way.

    He was brought into the Indian commie team due to pressure from Eduljee. Another mumbai lobbykar.
    Lets face it, you would back killing anyone that criticises anything or one that goes against the BCCI. I remember your posts on DRS until the BCCI changed their mind and all the sycophants were left orphaned.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,456
    Mentioned
    1778 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPakBreakfast View Post
    Don't mistake the value of the rights fees with quality. All the names you mentioned barring maybe Nasser and KP, tend to behave like automatons.
    Thats your view point on some of the best commies who also have been world class players. Doesn't make it the world wide view.

    Secondly how many matches of IPL have you watched?

  61. #61
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,456
    Mentioned
    1778 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Lets face it, you would back killing anyone that criticises anything or one that goes against the BCCI. I remember your posts on DRS until the BCCI changed their mind and all the sycophants were left orphaned.
    Making fun of fellow commies and ex players who wipe the floor with a avg player like Manju is not criticism of Bcci.

    Bcci changed its stance once they got the DRS technology changed. Earlier the point of impact was determined by a human, now its totally automated. Plus Bcci brought in the RTS as compulsory.

    Bcci gets what it wants because its patient and doesn't rush into things, like you rushed into making this comment without realising how stupid it looks, since Bcci only accepted the drs when its conditions were met.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    18,923
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Making fun of fellow commies and ex players who wipe the floor with a avg player like Manju is not criticism of Bcci.

    Bcci changed its stance once they got the DRS technology changed. Earlier the point of impact was determined by a human, now its totally automated. Plus Bcci brought in the RTS as compulsory.

    Bcci gets what it wants because its patient and doesn't rush into things, like you rushed into making this comment without realising how stupid it looks, since Bcci only accepted the drs when its conditions were met.
    He was sacked for actually commenting. His job was to comment, he wasn't there to boot lick players or commentators. How would you cope with the likes of Hussain and Atherton?
    As far the BCCI and DRS is concerned, sycophants like you were humiliated because the BCCI realised the stupidity of its position. It found some cosmetic changes to save face. If the BCCI felt so strongly about these cosmetics, it could off course have done them at home without waiting for anyones approval. But let's face it, you would back anything come from them without question.
    Last edited by MenInG; 2nd August 2020 at 11:58.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    35,184
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Besharam Beghairat Sanjay Majrekar. Ravindra Jadeja is absolutely correct about this clown.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    9,402
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Besharam Beghairat Sanjay Majrekar. Ravindra Jadeja is absolutely correct about this clown.
    I myself am not a fan of him. But what makes you despise him?


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

  65. #65
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    132,426
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Seems BCCI are serial offenders of this.

    ==

    Are cricket commentators routinely censored? Perhaps not, but over the years quite a few commentators have been pulled up for rubbing players and cricket boards the wrong way. Sanjay Manjrekar, the latest name to do the rounds, has come under fire before as well. Once made to eat his words for disparaging a young Virat Kohli as unfit for Test cricket, he was trolled heavily during the World Cup last year when he called Ravindra Jadeja a ‘bits and pieces player’.

    For the record, Manjrekar didn’t make the comment on Twitter or during commentary but in an audio interview to a news agency. With social media going viral with that comment, Jadeja responded on Twitter in an unprecedented joust. Manjrekar owned up to his comments by giving Jadeja his due but it had snowballed into an ego issue. Speculation is that the BCCI didn’t keep Manjrekar on this year’s IPL’s commentary panel because some players were unhappy with him.

    He isn’t the first cricketer-turned-commentator to draw such ire. A leaked email has thrown light on how Manjrekar was forced to write to BCCI pleading for his job.

    Instances of former cricketers being ‘cautioned’ on critical comments are increasing. Michael Holding, a legend of the game, was asked by ICC to cut down on the criticism of umpires during the 2019 World Cup. Former Australia captain Ian Chappell once said BCCI was bent on ‘muzzling’ commentators over the Decision Review System controversy. Whatever rope is extended to former cricketers, commentators are shown no mercy. Harsha Bhogle was booted out of the 2016 IPL commentary team after an alleged altercation with an official of the Vidarbha Cricket Association, seat of the then BCCI president.

    Censorship is rarely in writing though. “I haven’t been in the box for almost four years but in my time there were no restrictions, as in no one told me not to say anything. That, to me, is very important because how else can you be yourself when you are on air. And I don’t think that is very good for the game,” said long-time commentator and former India opener Arun Lal.

    “That said I also feel there is a way of saying what you want to say. I always tempered everything down. You can say what you want, get the point across without being insensitive to the situation. For instance, if there is a mega star who is not playing well, you can’t just say that is a bad shot, a terrible shot. You can say, for instance, that he is an absolute champion who is possibly not making the right decisions now. There is a way of saying things which are not so in-your-face-offensive and yet you get your point across.”

    One of the biggest names to debunk that theory is former England captain Michael Atherton who suggested in 2006 that BCCI had imposed some sort of ‘censorship’ on TV commentators. Nimbus, the then production company, and BCCI, vehemently denied any gag was ordered.

    Another blow came in 2013 when Chappell blasted BCCI for controlling commentators over DRS.

    “I was invited by ESPN to do commentary. I emailed back asking who I was working for and the reply was; I was contracted by ESPN but I would be subject to BCCI restrictions,” Chappell had told Hindustan Times in an e-mail interaction. “I emailed back to ask what these restrictions were and was told; ‘I couldn’t talk about Indian selection, DRS or administrative matters. I responded saying I didn’t feel I could do my job properly under those circumstances and therefore declined the offer.”

    Firing an employee is an employer’s right but for commentators the reasons are often not based on their annual appraisal. This was again apparent during the 2016 World Twenty20 in India with Bhogle’s termination from IPL commentary panel. What may not have helped his case was a tweet from Amitabh Bachchan after India’s one-run win. “With all due respects, it would be really worthy of an Indian commentator to speak more about our players than others all the time,” wrote Bachchan.

    India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni retweeted it, commenting: ‘Nothing to add’. Clearly, Bhogle was not a players’ favourite then.

    It explains why Manjrekar wants to toe the line. There have been exceptions as well. Like Holding, who on being told by ICC to tone down on criticism of umpiring at the 2019 World Cup, came up with a stinging reply. “If those umpires were FIFA officials, they would have been told to pack their bags and head home.

    They would not have been given another World Cup game to officiate. As a former cricketer, I think cricket should be held to a higher standard. Is the objective to protect the umpires even when they do a bad job?” Holding wrote in the email, details of which came out in Times of India.

    Holding added: “I am sorry, but I am not going to be part of that. Please let me know if I should be heading back to my home in Newmarket instead of heading to Cardiff because I don’t agree with what is being suggested here and happy not being part of it.”

    Holding continued to be part of the commentary team.

    https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...ULhPAitfL.html


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  66. #66
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    4,123
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Manjrekar should follow the Ramiz/Shoaib/Kaneria/other Pakistani players model of life after cricket/commentary and open a YT channel.


    Azaadi. InshAllah.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    10,458
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why has he been fired? Is a good man and commentator.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    448
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good riddance. An under-performer, over-hyped cricketer of his time who didn't know when to keep his mouth shut. It was about time he got the boot

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    18,648
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    He was sacked for actually commenting. His job was to comment, he wasn't there to boot lick players or commentators. How would you cope with the likes of Hussain and Atherton?
    As far the BCCI and DRS is concerned, sycophants like you were humiliated because the BCCI realised the stupidity of its position. It found some cosmetic changes to save face. If the BCCI felt so strongly about these cosmetics, it could off course have done them at home without waiting for anyones approval. But let's face it, you would back anything come from them without question.
    When did Hussain or Atherton attacks their fellow commentators live and call their opinions useless? In which profession is someone attacking their colleagues in public ever tolerated?

  70. #70
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    448
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    Manjrekar should follow the Ramiz/Shoaib/Kaneria/other Pakistani players model of life after cricket/commentary and open a YT channel.
    Don't know about Ramiz or Kaneria but Manjeraker will be right up there with Shoaib Akhtar, two overrated idiots

  71. #71
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    18,923
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    When did Hussain or Atherton attacks their fellow commentators live and call their opinions useless? In which profession is someone attacking their colleagues in public ever tolerated?
    You mean he disagree with others opinion. You Inds have become so used to Modis dictatorship that any sort deviation from accepted opinion is seen as attacking.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    35,184
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I myself am not a fan of him. But what makes you despise him?
    The fact he first said he professionally accepted the initial decision from his ex employer but now has gone back to them with a begging bowl

  73. #73
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,456
    Mentioned
    1778 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    You mean he disagree with others opinion. You Inds have become so used to Modis dictatorship that any sort deviation from accepted opinion is seen as attacking.
    Attacking and mocking fellow commies because the haven't played test match cricket isnt disagreeing.

    His open lobbying for Mumbai players like commentary is hidden to none.

    You people claim to hardly watch the IPL or Indian cricket, yet you have so much knowledge on the matters of what a commie said.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    18,923
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Attacking and mocking fellow commies because the haven't played test match cricket isnt disagreeing.

    His open lobbying for Mumbai players like commentary is hidden to none.

    You people claim to hardly watch the IPL or Indian cricket, yet you have so much knowledge on the matters of what a commie said.
    I am on about freedom of speech, commentators are expected to give opinions, its what they get paid to do, unless you work for the BCCI and you read out from a script. You have been condition to boot lick the BCCI. It was the same the DRS, where they humiliated all the boot lickers by changing their mind.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    7,346
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Verbal diarrhoea gone.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    32,456
    Mentioned
    1778 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I am on about freedom of speech, commentators are expected to give opinions, its what they get paid to do, unless you work for the BCCI and you read out from a script. You have been condition to boot lick the BCCI. It was the same the DRS, where they humiliated all the boot lickers by changing their mind.
    Every company has guidelines for their employees. Learn about it.

    Bcci only approved the DRS when they got tye changes in it they wanted.

    Its hard for you to understand, your board and you are used to making statements and then getting humiliated.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    1,192
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manjrekar is regional fanatic, he is always inclined towards Mumbai players.
    Talk too much nonsense.
    Kick him out permanently

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,757
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good riddance!
    Won’t be missed

  79. #79
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,400
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Bcci changed its stance once they got the DRS technology changed. Earlier the point of impact was determined by a human, now its totally automated. Plus Bcci brought in the RTS as compulsory.

    Bcci gets what it wants because its patient and doesn't rush into things, like you rushed into making this comment without realising how stupid it looks, since Bcci only accepted the drs when its conditions were met.

    Except this was nonsense used to make the BCCIs stance look a bit less ridiculous when they finally gave in, Hawkeye (used in the majority of cricket nations including India) used automated point of impact detection well before the BCCI changed their mind.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    18,923
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Every company has guidelines for their employees. Learn about it.

    Bcci only approved the DRS when they got tye changes in it they wanted.

    Its hard for you to understand, your board and you are used to making statements and then getting humiliated.
    Rubbish, the BCCI could have implemented the changes to Drs involving Ind and in Ind. They have humiliated sycophants like you.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •