Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[VIDEOS] U19 Pacer Hunain Shah - Younger Brother of Naseem Shah

16 year old Hunain Shah who is brother of Naseem Shah has been selected for the U19 regional squad of Central Punjab. He plays club cricket for Paklions international cricket academy in Lahore. He has also been in the radar of Lahore Qalandars and have been selected in one of their programs too.

Last edited by MenInG; 11th October 2020 at 01:24.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have come through age group cricket, played U16 regional cricket as well. Decent action, follow through and pace for the age and already seems to be working on back of the hand slower balls based upon the few deliveries near the end. Lets see how he does in the regional U19 one day tournament starting from Oct 13th

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2049 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I asked Nasim about him and he said that he's pretty quick and not too much slower than Nasim.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An action reminiscent of Duncan Spencer (those who know fast bowling will remember the name). Hope his back holds up better than Duncan's though. Looks a decent prospect

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate to sound harsh, but his line is so wayward that i don't think there's anything of interest here.

The only thing he's got here is that he looks quick. But i think we need to realise that this obsession with 150km/h has done Pakistan precisely zero favours over the past 2 decades.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    I hate to sound harsh, but his line is so wayward that i don't think there's anything of interest here.

The only thing he's got here is that he looks quick. But i think we need to realise that this obsession with 150km/h has done Pakistan precisely zero favours over the past 2 decades.
    He is just a 16 year old boy who has been selected for CP U19 regional squad, i think you are over analyzing the net session. You are rarely going to find Mcgrath type line and length in junior cricket, things you see at that level are good build up to the crease, action and pace on the ball. He has played U16 and has now progressed to U19, so its not he is a random guy bowling waywardly on the streets.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think he is quiet on the short side and not much pace either and ofcourse wayward lines as well, still I won't write him of as he is just 16 and can improve in future. But definitely I won't call him a prospect yet.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Height is short.. looked pacy though.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    Height is short.. looked pacy though.
    He's 16. Has some years to grow taller.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    16 year old Hunain Shah who is brother of Naseem Shah has been selected for the U19 regional squad of Central Punjab. He plays club cricket for Paklions international cricket academy in Lahore. He has also been in the radar of Lahore Qalandars and have been selected in one of their programs too.

Second video @ 0:10.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    naseem has another brother who is a fast bowler. His name is Ubaid and is also pretty decent.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Shaheen Bagh, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Age ot Shah brothers is here.

Good to Hunain.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is another U19 fast bowler Ahsanullah from Swat that Muhammad Zahid mentions in his recent interview that he has watched him over 3 days and he reckons that bowler is the fastest in the country

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    There is another U19 fast bowler Ahsanullah from Swat that Muhammad Zahid mentions in his recent interview that he has watched him over 3 days and he reckons that bowler is the fastest in the country
    Is ahsanullah part of any u19 team?

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks very good .Nasim should guide him

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Is ahsanullah part of any u19 team?
    Don't know

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Inject him with Growth Hormone before his bones fuse and itís too late!

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Fastest in the country, wow

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Second video @ 0:10.
    Yes noticed that.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    naseem has another brother who is a fast bowler. His name is Ubaid and is also pretty decent.
    Pace in the blood ....

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems we are blessed with many fast bowlers.....need atleast 4 5 of them develop and come good

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2656 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Hunain Shah aspires to follow brother Naseem’s footsteps

Lahore, 15 October 2020:

Elder brother Naseem Shah’s heroics as a fast bowler have inspired his younger brother Hunain Shah to a cricketing journey of his own.

The right-arm pacer is featuring in the Central Punjab side in the ongoing National U19 One-Day Tournament.

Hunain made an impression with his pace and it seems the penchant for fast bowling runs in the family with the right-armer contributing a wicket (8 overs, 41 runs, 1 wicket) and producing sustained pace and hostility in his side’s four-wicket victory over Southern Punjab on Tuesday.

Hunain did not need to look far for inspiration as Naseem’s meteoric rise in the last one year convinced Hunain to take-up cricket. He has been playing club cricket in Lahore, the rigours of which have helped him learn the nuances of the game. For fast bowling tips and advice, he has Naseem ever-ready to share his knowledge.

“Even if Naseem is on a tour he maintains contact with me,” Hunain said. “When he speaks to me, he talks about his fast bowling experiences and gives me very useful tips. As he has worked with some of the best fast bowling coaches he has a lot to offer to somebody like me who has just started his cricketing journey.

“He speaks to me before my matches and offers a lot of help and guidance especially since I am striving to develop an out-swinger like him.

“I developed real interest in the game when I first saw Naseem playing for Pakistan on the TV screen; it was of course a proud moment for me and my family.”

Meanwhile, Naseem is fully backing his younger brother and feels he has the skills to become a quality fast bowler with his natural pace being a real bonus.

“I have four brothers and two sisters, and like me my both younger brothers are cricket-crazy,” said Naseem, the youngest bowler ever to record a Test hattrick. “Hunain really wants to do well as a fast bowler. He copies my action. Growing up we used to play tape-ball cricket at home, which was very competitive as both of us gave it all while enjoying the game.

“He decided to appear in U19 trials and the next thing I knew was that he was playing for Central Punjab U19. His progress makes me really happy. People are already impressed with his pace and for his age he is really bowling quickly. I wish him the best and, of course, would continue to support him.

“I feel his natural abilities can take him a long way and he should focus on bowling at full pace which will help him make an impression and achieve success at all levels of the game.”

Last edited by MenInG; 15th October 2020 at 12:38.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2656 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Doing well Hunain - man of the match today

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 523
Size:  38.8 KB

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 528
Size:  80.0 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 17th October 2020 at 19:07.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    8 wides in 7 overs and the other guy bowled better but didn't got mom , why is that so?

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Saad View Post
    8 wides in 7 overs and the other guy bowled better but didn't got mom , why is that so?
    And looks like all the wickets were tailenders.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Saad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ravisurya View Post
    And looks like all the wickets were tailenders.
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    Indeed.

Nothing to see here yet, bump the thread in a couple of years imo.
    If you look more closely and understand the actual match, Central Punjab beat KPK by 3 runs.

Ahmed Khan was on an onslaught (though batting lower down the order, you can see he top scored with 39). KPK had 11 overs remaining to finish the match, but Hunain knocked over the crucial wickets in the end to win the match for his team.

Yes, on pure stats the other bowler was better, but Hunain took the most important wicket of the match - thatís why.

That being said, I donít rate him that highly, but I believe he deserves credit where credit is due.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If heís half as good as his brother we will be on to something.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope his action is not like his brother.....

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2656 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Northern U19 beat Central Punjab U19 by three wickets

Central Punjab U19 229-9, 50 overs (Mohammad Waqas 84 not out, Malik Abdul Rafay 34, Ali Hassan 30; Zaman Khan 3-43, Mubasir Khan 2-39, Adil Naz 2-55)

Northern U19 230-7, 49.3 overs (Abdul Faseeh 104 not out, Mohammad Raza-ul-Mustafa 51, Hussain 39; Hunain Shah 3-50, Hasnat Abbas 3-56)

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Purely going by the stats, he always seems expensive. Off course there could be many reasons for that but taken at fave value it suggests a lack of control or an action that doesn't repeat