User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can we as fans play our part in getting rid of Tried and Tested Failures?

I AM SICK and TIRED of this ROTTEN and TRASHY seniority culture of our cricket team. Honestly I'm fed up of seeing us carry 2-3 over the hill seniors in the name of experience for important global events or away test tours and even JAMODI's/T20's at times. For years now, Firstly Misbah/younis in 2011 in 2015, then Hafeez/Malik 2019. both decisions potentially cost us two WC's. Now you have Azhar and Asad hogging test spots.

Pakistani fans probably do realize that SAUD BABAR ABDULLAH and HAIDER are the future and the way to go, especially in ODI and TEST cricket. Haider and Babar can play T20I's too.

Coming to the real question, what can we as fans do to play a part in bringing this nepotistic, seniority and friendship based culture to an end. JUST FED UP. I wish someone like Mani, Wasim Khan or Imran were actually aware of whats unfolding infront of our eyes. I understand Imran was the greatest cricketer we produced but claiming "I have a triple PHD in cricket" etc and not making these basic changes is not gonna help although I know hes playing his part through domestic structures etc.

We must get influential people on board through social media and it is our responsibility as fans to create awareness regarding these youngsta beauties and bring an end to the BIZZARE mindset we witnessed in that discussion between Azhar and Tariq Saeed!!

We have heaps of promising cricketers coming through and the more awareness we create the better. It must be ensured that these players aren't treated unjustly like we saw with Shakeel and M Haris in this national T20 cup. Boils my blood to see Malik, Shafiq etc playing over them

Pakistan Zindabad

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to hear your comments @Rana @squaredrive @Ahson8

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your man is Nasser Hussain. You need him on board and let him voice your concerns as a fan of Pakistan cricket. This guy understands this whole issue and has the influence and voice to make an impact. He’s already called out Malik’s inclusion around 6-7 years ago.

Pick the right guys to make this happen, and a sustained amount of pressure. The other issue is the PCB itself. I don’t know what their player pension package is, but it doesn’t seem too encouraging with these players not wanting to retire and make way at all.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Nasser is an advocate for youngsters and is a fan of Pakistan Cricket. It is insanely frustrating as a fan though. The fact thatís itís a repetitive cycle is frustrating as well. Vent about selections with no effect, support whatever 11 is selected with your whole heart, see them lose and repeat!

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haris was ready for a debut in 2012. Look where he is today, an average player. Same is happening with Saud Shakeel. Heís 25 and must be selected ASAP.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the feeling both Azhar and Asad are planning on playing till they are 40. If Misbah, Hafeez, and Malik can do it why not them?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    Don't over hype youngsters, which eventually actually makes the case of seniors stronger - it's a reverse psychology. Analyze, criticize, praise players on merit and use constructive discussion against senior players. We can clear our frustration over the oldies, but it is also true that PAK youngsters are disappointing fans big time. After all the hyperbola, it was Wahab/Hafeez who won the only game for PAK in UK tour, Azhar saved a Test & Yasir almost won one.

Set realistic expectations and then - youngsters have to back themselves as well. Instead of why Asad or Azhar, try to analyze how a young player can get the best chance to perform & deliver - it has to be logical discussion, not emotional outburst.

I have read hundreds of comments here against Misbah & his love for aged players - but, guy did gave youngsters ample opportunity - apart from one Haider innings, tell me who has justified the opportunity? Musa Khan? Naseem? Shadab? Imam? Hasnain? Rauf? Faheem? - even Shaheen was utter disappointment defending 277. Then same people bash Misbah (read CS) for selecting too young players.... and create hyperbola on another set of talent - Ehsan Adil, Zafar Gohar, Usman Qadir, Sameen Gul, Hasnain, Akif ...... Just today, I was joking about Imran Khan for ZIM series .... but have you seen what he & Sohail (Khan) has done with ball in recent tournament - how long you can keep defending Naseem or Hasnain just because they are younger?

PAK doesn't play that many games that you'll use different set of players. In India, they might have a point - why MS, Kedar, Dhawan, Rahne .... and why not Iyer, Shaw, Gill, Samson ......I don't think the situation is same for PAK. After all, Asad averages 39 & Azhar 43, after 70+ Tests - trust me, none of your present batsmen bar Babar will reach even close to those numbers - let Haider play couple more series, you'll see. Today, before even start of the chase, you'll notice that I wrote one of MoHa/Malik will remain Not Out & walk past the target - and you know their status in international circuits after 2 decades of playing. That really tells that, there is a big hollow - it's not a quick fix of picking few youngsta beauty & fit them in.

The best thing you fans can do is focus on domestics - follow as many games as possible and keep constant pressure on picking younger players at their right position (I write it other way - reduce average age of playing XI), give exposure and how their cricket skill can fit into the big picture of PAK cricket ... without using the cursed word "Talent". Expose selection bias at every avenue against older players - that'll create a first cut filter, allowing the pool of younger players grow in domestics - system will automatically get fixed at the the top gradually.

And, this is where I have seen a drastic decline in PakPassion's standard - the discussions are more on fantasy rather than reality, more on emotions than technical analysis, more on expectations rather than judgement ...... result is the obvious disappointment resulting in desperation. The spirit is more on pulling others down to float PAK cricket & cricketers. If Aquib Javed says that Bangladesh has equal or better batting resources than Pakistan, then there is a better possibility that he might have some logic behind it rather than a motive of cracking a job in BCB's pay role - try to find it & discuss on that, it'll be a good start. And then, try to analyze on proper merit for opportunistic comments like "PSL has better bowling standard than IPL" - the day collectively most of PAK starts to do this in different forums, you'll see a feeling across all corners that - things are not as it's colored, need to rethink, rework.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Don't over hype youngsters, which eventually actually makes the case of seniors stronger - it's a reverse psychology. Analyze, criticize, praise players on merit and use constructive discussion against senior players. We can clear our frustration over the oldies, but it is also true that PAK youngsters are disappointing fans big time. After all the hyperbola, it was Wahab/Hafeez who won the only game for PAK in UK tour, Azhar saved a Test & Yasir almost won one.

Set realistic expectations and then - youngsters have to back themselves as well. Instead of why Asad or Azhar, try to analyze how a young player can get the best chance to perform & deliver - it has to be logical discussion, not emotional outburst.

I have read hundreds of comments here against Misbah & his love for aged players - but, guy did gave youngsters ample opportunity - apart from one Haider innings, tell me who has justified the opportunity? Musa Khan? Naseem? Shadab? Imam? Hasnain? Rauf? Faheem? - even Shaheen was utter disappointment defending 277. Then same people bash Misbah (read CS) for selecting too young players.... and create hyperbola on another set of talent - Ehsan Adil, Zafar Gohar, Usman Qadir, Sameen Gul, Hasnain, Akif ...... Just today, I was joking about Imran Khan for ZIM series .... but have you seen what he & Sohail (Khan) has done with ball in recent tournament - how long you can keep defending Naseem or Hasnain just because they are younger?

PAK doesn't play that many games that you'll use different set of players. In India, they might have a point - why MS, Kedar, Dhawan, Rahne .... and why not Iyer, Shaw, Gill, Samson ......I don't think the situation is same for PAK. After all, Asad averages 39 & Azhar 43, after 70+ Tests - trust me, none of your present batsmen bar Babar will reach even close to those numbers - let Haider play couple more series, you'll see. Today, before even start of the chase, you'll notice that I wrote one of MoHa/Malik will remain Not Out & walk past the target - and you know their status in international circuits after 2 decades of playing. That really tells that, there is a big hollow - it's not a quick fix of picking few youngsta beauty & fit them in.

The best thing you fans can do is focus on domestics - follow as many games as possible and keep constant pressure on picking younger players at their right position (I write it other way - reduce average age of playing XI), give exposure and how their cricket skill can fit into the big picture of PAK cricket ... without using the cursed word "Talent". Expose selection bias at every avenue against older players - that'll create a first cut filter, allowing the pool of younger players grow in domestics - system will automatically get fixed at the the top gradually.

And, this is where I have seen a drastic decline in PakPassion's standard - the discussions are more on fantasy rather than reality, more on emotions than technical analysis, more on expectations rather than judgement ...... result is the obvious disappointment resulting in desperation. The spirit is more on pulling others down to float PAK cricket & cricketers. If Aquib Javed says that Bangladesh has equal or better batting resources than Pakistan, then there is a better possibility that he might have some logic behind it rather than a motive of cracking a job in BCB's pay role - try to find it & discuss on that, it'll be a good start. And then, try to analyze on proper merit for opportunistic comments like "PSL has better bowling standard than IPL" - the day collectively most of PAK starts to do this in different forums, you'll see a feeling across all corners that - things are not as it's colored, need to rethink, rework.
    Damn, you nailed it. I never got hyped much for agers, but in my first few months of PP, I noticed every random player get hyped and I was confused why, but I allowed my self to fall for it. But I snapped out of it, and no player excited me anymore, or anything about Pakistan cricket these days. I have given up to be honest as a fan. I wu watch but no hope anymore - there is no talent and youngsters are overhyped. Hopefully in a few years Wasim Khans changes will have effect and it'll bear fruit for then, but for now I'm not really interested and have focused on my other interests for now .

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    To be honest fans cannot play parts to rid of Tried and Tested Failures.Sports Journalists and commentators can do that by asking them right questions the reasons behind their failures.
    Also we have to accept that apart from Hanif, Zahir, Miandad, Inzamam, Yousuf and Younis we never had enough batting talent to cope with teams like India, Australia or England. Bowing was always our main weapon and some good batting here and there won us matches.
    We can never get batsmen like Kohli, Tendulqar, Lara, Hayden, Ponting, Gilchrist, Cook form our domestic because we don't have that batting talent genetically but we can have good batsmen like Hanif, Zahir, Miandad, Inzamam, Yousuf and Younis to cope with the other teams. We need to focus on improving our bowling to be among top 4 team. Also Waqar was always a poor teacher and he doesn't have the skill to teach others.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fans don't have a say in selection. I doubt PCB listen to them. As fans we over analyse every player movement and match. If they have a bad game, they are labelled rubbish and they have a good game we start to over hype them. We need to give players time to develop. Look at how many threads of players get bumped after a good or bad game in a T20 competition lol. We need to improve first class cricket and the pitches. As this is where players will improve there game.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quite frankly fans should have no part to play in getting rid of or bringing in players. Officials should make objective decisions based on observations and data, not listen to fans who are biased.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I have come to the reluctant conclusion that most Pakistanis suffer from a Culture-Bound Delusion, that ďexperienceĒ is an asset in sport.

This effectively becomes an intellectual handicap, which makes them incapable of choosing a squad or a team.

Either pick a non-Asian Chief Selector, or introduce the following ABSOLUTE QUOTAS.

1. No more than 1 player aged over 32 in a squad.
    2. No more than 1 player aged 30 or 31 in a squad.
    3. No more than 1 player aged under 21 in a squad.

That will force the selectors to think about potential, continuity and the future.

And they will have to pick players at their peak, not before or after it.
    Last edited by Junaids; 18th October 2020 at 17:01.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    I have come to the reluctant conclusion that most Pakistanis suffer from a Culture-Bound Delusion, that ďexperienceĒ is an asset in sport.

This effectively becomes an intellectual handicap, which makes them incapable of choosing a squad or a team.

Either pick a non-Asian Chief Selector, or introduce the following ABSOLUTE QUOTAS.

That will force the selectors to think about potential, continuity and the future.

Am I going to pick Azhar or Abid or Shafiq or Fawad or Yasir Shah? I can only have one of them.

Am I going to pick Shan Masood or Haris Sohail or Mohammad Abbas? I can only have one of them.

Am I going to pick Shaheen Shah Afridi or Musa Khan or Naseem Shah? I can only have one of them.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Abdullah Shafique is the one.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So who is it, Virat Kohli or Mohammad Shami?

Which one person from Ishant Sharma, Ravi Ashwin, or Cheteshwar Pujara?

David Warner or Mitchell Starc?

I agree with you in principle that age-related factors must be considered and that our current and past management has a fetish for ancient history. But a quota system really isnít the way to go.

Just need a person with a sensible head on their shoulders. Easier said than done though...

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    So who is it, Virat Kohli or Mohammad Shami?

Which one person from Ishant Sharma, Ravi Ashwin, or Cheteshwar Pujara?

David Warner or Mitchell Starc?

I agree with you in principle that age-related factors must be considered and that our current and past management has a fetish for ancient history. But a quota system really isnít the way to go.

Just need a person with a sensible head on their shoulders. Easier said than done though...
    Those players are at a much higher level.

We are talking about Pakistanis in their thirties who have less than 1000 runs or 100 wickets in their life.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We are talking about Pakistanis in their thirties who have less than 1000 runs or 100 wickets in their life.
    Yeah but the point about strict quotas remains - not a good idea as theyíre not very malleable. I do recognize your criteria as good guidelines, though.

Also, even for an average team, you have just 2 players aged more than 29. Thatís crazy.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

By your criteria, hardly anyone in PAK will reach 100 wickets in career.

And, had it been applied 10 years back, by now I wonder where PAKís Test record would have been. This means - one of YK, Misbah, Azhar or Yasir ........

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By your criteria, hardly anyone in PAK will reach 100 wickets in career.

And, had it been applied 10 years back, by now I wonder where PAK’s Test record would have been. This means - one of YK, Misbah, Azhar or Yasir ........
    Not to mention Ajmal debuted at 30

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by viveks View Post
    Not to mention Ajmal debuted at 30
    Because thatís when he started chucking and getting people out.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because that’s when he started chucking and getting people out.
    I mean does it matter? Should selectors say, "well he's chucking so let's not select him". The point is picking him at the age of 30 was an outcome beneficial to the Pakistan cricket team

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Yeah but the point about strict quotas remains - not a good idea as they’re not very malleable. I do recognize your criteria as good guidelines, though.

Also, even for an average team, you have just 2 players aged more than 29. That’s crazy.
    The thing is, the players aged over 30 aren't performing well enough to justify selecting them instead of younger men.

Azhar Ali is 35 years old, and he averages 15 away in 3 years since Misbah and Younis retired.

Asad Shafiq is 34 years old and has averaged 35 since Misbah and Younis retired.

Fawad Alam is 35 years old and since his recall has 20 runs in 3 innings at an average of 10.00.

Yasir Shah is 34 years old and has played 15 Tests in SENA - with a bowling average of 49 runs per wicket.

I would add that Abid Ali is 33 years old and looked vastly inferior in England (139 runs in 5 innings at 27.80) to Sami Aslam who is 24 years old and has 167 runs in 4 innings at 55.66 in England.

There is no cricketing justification to select these oldies ahead of players in their twenties who are improving while they deteriorate.

Misbah's Pakistan squads are a form of sheltered accommodation for deteriorating old cricketers. He thinks they providide guidance for youngsters, but I wouldn't want the next generation of my national team to have any contact with these failing old men.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Because thatís when he started chucking and getting people out.
    Your criteria is based on age, not qualification - Ajmal chucks or not is immaterial here - he was instrumental in many of PAKís victory after the official age of 30.

If I apply your criteria right now in PAK team - the incarnation of Fred Truman will miss out, also will miss out Haider as he is U21 - because Iíll keep Shaheen. Then Captain Azhar stays as the only 32+ cricketer & he has earned his spot with his last Test. And, one of Shan, Abid, Abbas, Haris, Asad makes the cut. Misses out are Hafeez, Malik Wahab, though they were not Test players any more. Sarfraz as well..... and not to mention the only guy keeping PAK relevant in SENA + WIN Tests - Yasir Shah.

Net, net - this looks like the 16 men Test squad for NZ

3 Openers:
    Shan (that takes out Abid, Asad, Abbas & Haris)
    Imam
    Sami

4 middle orders:
    Azhar, Babar + two new batsmen, may be
    Saud
    Usman Sallauddin

2 All-rounders:
    Faheem
    Shadab

2 WKs:
    Rizwan
    Ruhail

1 spinner:
    Gohar

4 pacers:
    Shaheen + three new faces
    Ehsan Adil
    Sameen Gul
    Rauf (though he hasnít played any FC game, but I couldnít find any other name. Hasan Ali is injured & I believe now even you wonít back Amir to destroy NZ with his pace & swing)

And, then in SAF series at home, Iíll drop one pacer and pick Sajid Khan, the offie.

And for ODI/T20, Shan is replaced by Fakhar
    Azhar & Usman are replaced by - Hafeez & may be Khusdil. Still no place for Haider, because U21 quota is filled by Shaheen.

I hope, it works.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me consistent performance for Pakistan always takes the first priority and if someone is doing that irrespective of how young or old he is I have no issues.

I think sometimes we fans include too many players in the same category. For example Malik and Hafeez are no way comparable, Hafeez despite being the age of 40 in last couple of years has proved to be one the best T20I players around the world at the moment so despite my or any other fan's wish for a youngster to come in you cant really exclude someone who is performing so well.

That being said, in comparatively easy series, dead rubbers etc. you obviously need to test youngsters over Hafeez. As one day Hafeez's form is gonna decline and at the age of 40, he isnt really gonna get much oppurtunities in his career to get that back. At the moment though he is one of the best T20 players in Pakistan and in the world and his stats are there to speak. Same is the case with Wahab who I think is bowling as well in T20 cricket as he has done in his entire career so I think he totally deserve to play if he can keep on performing.

Now lets come to the other players who fans and even PCB sometimes put in the same category of the other two.

Malik has been ordinary for Pakistan across the formats in last couple of years. Misbah just like fans considered Malik and Hafeez together. It wasnt Malik rather Hafeez who has been winning matches for Pakistan and PCB and fans should understand the difference between the both. The way some selectors consider players in set is completely wrong. Malik hasnt done anything to justify being in Pakistan setup at 40 years of age.

Another set was Amir and Wahab. Both were excluded after Srl series and then both were included again together. Amir has been ordinary since that series but Wahab has bowled brilliantly on occasions. So again we cant consider both as one entity as many have been doing.

Asad Shafiq has been a failure for sometime in tests and deserves to be dropped for some younger guy. If he finds some magical form in QAE, I have no issues with him coming back but at the moment he doesnt justify his selection which has been the case for last 2 years. Azhar has probably saved himself with a century in Eng.

Fans need to realize that Pakistan national team is supposed to exist of best players and not necessarily young players. If Hafeez and Wahab are one of the best around they should be there and at the same time if Malik, Shafiq and Amir (Currently) arent they shouldnt be in it. Overdoing youth or experience aspect both cant give a good team and that is what we have been facing in recent times. I have issues with too many youngsters being brought in when they werent ready along with having too many seniors who are not performing. I think PCB observed that too and Misbah is not the CS anymore.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Your criteria is based on age, not qualification - Ajmal chucks or not is immaterial here - he was instrumental in many of PAKís victory after the official age of 30.

If I apply your criteria right now in PAK team - the incarnation of Fred Truman will miss out, also will miss out Haider as he is U21 - because Iíll keep Shaheen. Then Captain Azhar stays as the only 32+ cricketer & he has earned his spot with his last Test. And, one of Shan, Abid, Abbas, Haris, Asad makes the cut. Misses out are Hafeez, Malik Wahab, though they were not Test players any more. Sarfraz as well..... and not to mention the only guy keeping PAK relevant in SENA + WIN Tests - Yasir Shah.

Net, net - this looks like the 16 men Test squad for NZ

3 Openers:
    Shan (that takes out Abid, Asad, Abbas & Haris)
    Imam
    Sami

4 middle orders:
    Azhar, Babar + two new batsmen, may be
    Saud
    Usman Sallauddin

2 All-rounders:
    Faheem
    Shadab

2 WKs:
    Rizwan
    Ruhail

1 spinner:
    Gohar

4 pacers:
    Shaheen + three new faces
    Ehsan Adil
    Sameen Gul
    Rauf (though he hasnít played any FC game, but I couldnít find any other name. Hasan Ali is injured & I believe now even you wonít back Amir to destroy NZ with his pace & swing)

And, then in SAF series at home, Iíll drop one pacer and pick Sajid Khan, the offie.

And for ODI/T20, Shan is replaced by Fakhar
    Azhar & Usman are replaced by - Hafeez & may be Khusdil. Still no place for Haider, because U21 quota is filled by Shaheen.

I hope, it works.
    My Test team in New Zealand would actually be:

1. Shan Masood (c)
    2. Sami Aslam
    3. Mohammad Rizwan
    4. Babar Azam
    5. Abdullah Shafique or Haider Ali
    6. Rohail Nazir (wk)
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Faheem Ashraf
    9. Hasan Ali or Ehsan Adil
    10. Shaheen Shah Afridi (he will be 2 months short of my threshold of age 21)
    11. Naseem Shah

I fully admit that this breaches my "one player aged under 21" rule. My excuse is that I am building for the 2021-23 World Test Championship cycle, and when that starts, this team will actually consist of:

9 players in their twenties (Aslam, Rizwan, Babar, Haider or Abdullah Shafique, Shadab, Faheem, Hasan, Shaheen and Naseem if you consider his real age).
    1 player in his thirties (Shan Masood)
    1 teenager (Rohail Nazir)

My reserves would be:

Abdullah Shafique or Haider Ali
    Saud Shakeel
    Zafar Gohar
    Sajid Khan
    Sameen Gul
    Ehsan Adil

I don't believe that my team or squad are weaker than they would be with 3 guys aged 35+ (Azhar, Shafiq, Fawad) plus Abid Ali aged 33 and Mohammad Abbas aged 31 and Yasir Shah aged 34.