Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 93
  1. #1
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,201
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    PSL 6 (2021) Broadcast Thread

    Some of the most popular cricket commentators will be commentating at this year’s HBL Pakistan Super League. The commentary panel for the month-long event that starts at the National Stadium Karachi on Saturday, 20 February, was unveiled today.

    Pakistani commentators synonymous with the league including Bazid Khan, Ramiz Raja, Sana Mir and Urooj Mumtaz will be doing bi-lingual commentary while renowned Urdu commentator Tariq Saeed and Sikandar Bakht will be part of the panel as Urdu commentators.

    A panel of world-class foreign commentators including David Gower, Simon Doull, Pommie Mbangwa, JP Duminy, Danny Morrison, Dominic Cork, and Alan Wilkins will complement their Pakistani counterparts in the T20 cricket extravaganza which has become one of the most popular yearly tournaments in the cricket calendar.

    New Zealand’s former fast bowler and star commentator Simon Doull will be part of the HBL PSL commentary panel for the first time along with former South African all-rounder JP Duminy, who will join the commentary box for the second leg in Lahore. Pommie Mbangwa is another fresh entrant in the HBL PSL commentary box this year and he will be joining the commentary team in Lahore.

    Alan Wilkins who has been one of the most popular HBL PSL voices, will be calling the tournament along with former England fast bowler Dominic Cork. Former England captain David Gower will also be part of the HBL PSL 6 commentary panel for the first time, joining the star-studded commentary roster for the Karachi leg of HBL PSL 6.

    Another popular HBL PSL voice, New Zealand’s former fast bowler Danny Morrison will be commentating in the 20-match Karachi-leg that runs from 20 February to Sunday 7 March.

    Tournament to be produced in Full HD mode: The consortium of Blitz Advertising/Transgroup & NEP will be responsible for providing the TV Production Services for the HBL PSL 6. The HBL PSL 6 will be produced with a 30 + camera setup, the production will be Full HD, while the majority of the lenses will be 4K for extra sharpness of the pictures.

    The setup includes super slow motion cameras, ultra-motion, Spidercam with ‘Parvāz’, Hawkeye with all DRS enhancements, Buggy-cam with player interview capability and drone camera among others.

    The coverage will be adorned with bespoke on air graphics and packaging designed specifically for the season, along with provision of in-depth analysis and statistics.

    Fans will be able to enjoy wrap-around programming in the form of special pre and post-match studio coverage as well as a special weekly magazine show called HBL PSL Kahaniayan.

    Babar Hamid, Director Commercial PCB:

    “We have worked very hard to improve our production standards and I am pleased to note that we have the consortium of NEP, Blitz and Trans Group working on this production for HBL PSL 6.

    “I am also very pleased to welcome a star roster of commentators to HBL PSL once again. This year, we have focused on ensuring that we maintain the right mix between our established HBL PSL voices and new voices that will bring a fresh perspective to our coverage.”

    Rao Omar Hashim Khan, Group Director Trans Group:

    “Let me first congratulate PCB and our entire production team of NEP, Blitz and Trans Group consortium for the successful tour of South Africa to Pakistan. HBL Pakistan Super League is one of the leading leagues world wide and is a strong brand at home.

    “Our entire team is excited to bring this production to the HBL PSL. I am sure audiences will enjoy spectacular games with state of the art production facilities.”

    Saeed Izadi, President NEP Singapore:

    “With the successful execution of South Africa tour of Pakistan and the exciting series finale of the last T20, like our partners in the consortium we are eagerly looking forward to the start of HBL Pakistan Super League 6. It takes a great team to deliver the best quality production and we are thrilled to be part of such a great team.

    “We will be providing state of the art equipment and we aim to capture not only iconic moments, but every ball and the emotion of each player. That will be an enabler for the great commentators working on this season to bring every bit of the story to the fans. We are prepared for our contribution to make HBL PSL 6 more memorable.”

    Ahsen Idris, Chief Executive Officer, Blitz Advertising (Pvt.) Limited:

    “After successfully managing the Pakistan South Africa series, the NEP, Blitz and Trans Group Consortium is keenly looking forward to undertake the production broadcast for HBL Pakistan Super League 6.

    “The consortium partners are putting in their best efforts to further raise the bar for HBL PSL as being one of the biggest leagues in the international circuit by using latest technologies, a well-experienced crew, extensive camera coverage and a sleek studio show; all aimed at giving the viewers an exhilarating match viewing experience.”
    Last edited by MenInG; 17th February 2021 at 12:56.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,201
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's probably the first time in a decade that David Gower will commentate on a T20 match, if I recall correctly he's never commentated on domestic T20 match for sky in the past either.

    It'll be good to hear him again, thought it'd be difficult for him to get a commentating gig after he left sky.

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    466
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    Some of the most popular cricket commentators will be commentating at this year’s HBL Pakistan Super League. The commentary panel for the month-long event that starts at the National Stadium Karachi on Saturday, 20 February, was unveiled today.

    Pakistani commentators synonymous with the league including Bazid Khan, Ramiz Raja, Sana Mir and Urooj Mumtaz will be doing bi-lingual commentary while renowned Urdu commentator Tariq Saeed and Sikandar Bakht will be part of the panel as Urdu commentators.

    A panel of world-class foreign commentators including David Gower, Simon Doull, Pommie Mbangwa, JP Duminy, Danny Morrison, Dominic Cork, and Alan Wilkins will complement their Pakistani counterparts in the T20 cricket extravaganza which has become one of the most popular yearly tournaments in the cricket calendar.

    New Zealand’s former fast bowler and star commentator Simon Doull will be part of the HBL PSL commentary panel for the first time along with former South African all-rounder JP Duminy, who will join the commentary box for the second leg in Lahore. Pommie Mbangwa is another fresh entrant in the HBL PSL commentary box this year and he will be joining the commentary team in Lahore.

    Alan Wilkins who has been one of the most popular HBL PSL voices, will be calling the tournament along with former England fast bowler Dominic Cork. Former England captain David Gower will also be part of the HBL PSL 6 commentary panel for the first time, joining the star-studded commentary roster for the Karachi leg of HBL PSL 6.

    Another popular HBL PSL voice, New Zealand’s former fast bowler Danny Morrison will be commentating in the 20-match Karachi-leg that runs from 20 February to Sunday 7 March.

    Tournament to be produced in Full HD mode: The consortium of Blitz Advertising/Transgroup & NEP will be responsible for providing the TV Production Services for the HBL PSL 6. The HBL PSL 6 will be produced with a 30 + camera setup, the production will be Full HD, while the majority of the lenses will be 4K for extra sharpness of the pictures.

    The setup includes super slow motion cameras, ultra-motion, Spidercam with ‘Parvāz’, Hawkeye with all DRS enhancements, Buggy-cam with player interview capability and drone camera among others.

    The coverage will be adorned with bespoke on air graphics and packaging designed specifically for the season, along with provision of in-depth analysis and statistics.

    Fans will be able to enjoy wrap-around programming in the form of special pre and post-match studio coverage as well as a special weekly magazine show called HBL PSL Kahaniayan.

    Babar Hamid, Director Commercial PCB:

    “We have worked very hard to improve our production standards and I am pleased to note that we have the consortium of NEP, Blitz and Trans Group working on this production for HBL PSL 6.

    “I am also very pleased to welcome a star roster of commentators to HBL PSL once again. This year, we have focused on ensuring that we maintain the right mix between our established HBL PSL voices and new voices that will bring a fresh perspective to our coverage.”

    Rao Omar Hashim Khan, Group Director Trans Group:

    “Let me first congratulate PCB and our entire production team of NEP, Blitz and Trans Group consortium for the successful tour of South Africa to Pakistan. HBL Pakistan Super League is one of the leading leagues world wide and is a strong brand at home.

    “Our entire team is excited to bring this production to the HBL PSL. I am sure audiences will enjoy spectacular games with state of the art production facilities.”

    Saeed Izadi, President NEP Singapore:

    “With the successful execution of South Africa tour of Pakistan and the exciting series finale of the last T20, like our partners in the consortium we are eagerly looking forward to the start of HBL Pakistan Super League 6. It takes a great team to deliver the best quality production and we are thrilled to be part of such a great team.

    “We will be providing state of the art equipment and we aim to capture not only iconic moments, but every ball and the emotion of each player. That will be an enabler for the great commentators working on this season to bring every bit of the story to the fans. We are prepared for our contribution to make HBL PSL 6 more memorable.”

    Ahsen Idris, Chief Executive Officer, Blitz Advertising (Pvt.) Limited:

    “After successfully managing the Pakistan South Africa series, the NEP, Blitz and Trans Group Consortium is keenly looking forward to undertake the production broadcast for HBL Pakistan Super League 6.

    “The consortium partners are putting in their best efforts to further raise the bar for HBL PSL as being one of the biggest leagues in the international circuit by using latest technologies, a well-experienced crew, extensive camera coverage and a sleek studio show; all aimed at giving the viewers an exhilarating match viewing experience.”
    Very nice to see Sana Mir as part of the full team now. A bit disappointing that Sikandar Bakht won't be doing the English commentary, as I think he's Pakistan's best new commentator.

    On the foreign side, really looking forward to seeing David Gower commentate again, plus nice to Pommie and Doully coming over for the first time as well. Gutted that we won't get Butcher and Slater back, but InshAllah maybe next year.

    All in all, I think the commentary team is an improvement on last year, so good progress.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,413
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sana Mir, Tariq Saeed, Sikandar Bakht, David Gower, JP Duminy, that’s such a fantastic lineup!

    Can someone explain what Spidercam with ‘Parvāz’ is?

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    20,488
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Can someone explain what Spidercam with ‘Parvāz’ is?
    Its the one which can fly in the field to take interviews of players with a built in Mic like the one last year which I thought was pretty impressive.

    Couple of shots from last year:

    Name:  A4AA8A00-E8F5-40EA-AFBB-4A4BEA6A98CF.jpg
Views: 1317
Size:  24.6 KB
    Name:  610592B3-C4AD-4810-BC02-4BAC3E88B7E5.jpeg
Views: 1319
Size:  30.3 KB

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    20,488
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a top overseas commentary panel.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    7,195
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if only they could have roped in geoff boycott somehow

  8. #8
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    2,019
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, David Gower, times must be hard for him i suppose since Sky cut him loose, never heard him on an T20 game before but excellent coup for PSL

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    36,444
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    David Gower is an interesting choice. He hasn't done many T20s so he will provide a fresh input.

    I like JP Dumminy as a commentator. Glad to see him signed up. He also played in the PSL so he will be aware of certain players and may have a story or 2 to tell!

  10. #10
    Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    264
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope David Gower takes over as host of the programming rather than useless Zainab Abbas who hardly asks any decent questions.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    8,788
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thankfully no Kass Naidoo (that was her name right?) this time around. Hearing her was so cringe inducing.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    5,071
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good commentary team.

    Who's showing PSL in UK this year?

  13. #13
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    2,019
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Good commentary team.

    Who's showing PSL in UK this year?
    Will be on Sky Sports this year, a lot more exposure so they had to beef up the comm team a bit.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    80,793
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigShak View Post
    Hope David Gower takes over as host of the programming rather than useless Zainab Abbas who hardly asks any decent questions.
    That would be a good idea.

    The studio presentation was embarrassing with awkward questions, silences and overall it was very unprofessional.



  15. #15
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    8,213
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good commentary team

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    319
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    David Gower is an interesting choice. He hasn't done many T20s so he will provide a fresh input.

    I like JP Dumminy as a commentator. Glad to see him signed up. He also played in the PSL so he will be aware of certain players and may have a story or 2 to tell!
    Gower is indeed an intriguing choice.
    He is best suited to being the smooth front man — in terms of match commentary, he has never demonstrated any interest in T20 per se or in any of the tactical points (unlike the younger commentators Sky tends to use).
    Does anyone know if he will actually be physically going to Pakistan ?

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    165
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gower is such a wonderful addition. It's always a pleasure listening to him. Doull, Mbangwa and Wilkins are also some of the best commentators in world cricket right now, so great to have them as well.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    36,444
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsyhesperis View Post
    Gower is indeed an intriguing choice.
    He is best suited to being the smooth front man — in terms of match commentary, he has never demonstrated any interest in T20 per se or in any of the tactical points (unlike the younger commentators Sky tends to use).
    Does anyone know if he will actually be physically going to Pakistan ?
    He must be going to Pakistan. He doesn't work for Sky anymore so I don't see why he wouldn't be going to Pakistan.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    165
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    He must be going to Pakistan. He doesn't work for Sky anymore so I don't see why he wouldn't be going to Pakistan.
    Why did Sky even let him go?

  20. #20
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    37,667
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Why no Mathew Hayden, Michael Slater, Darren Ganga?


  21. #21
    Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    466
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Why no Mathew Hayden, Michael Slater, Darren Ganga?
    The Aussies have really tough quarantine laws, so that's probably why Slats and Haydo gave it a miss. Don't know about Ganga

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    37,667
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Who are the IPL commentators who are not commentating in the PSL?

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    37,667
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Simon Doull, Ian Bishop, Michael Slater, Danny Morrison, Pommie Mbangwa, Darren Ganga, Kevin Pietersen, Lisa Sthalekar, Mark Nicholas, Kumar Sangakkara and JP Duminy.

    These were the international commentators involved in the IPL. We are missing Ian Bishop, Michael Slater, Darren Ganga, Kevin Pietersen, Lisa Sthalekar, Kumar Sangakarra

  24. #24
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    324
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky aren't showing any of the opening ceremony razmataz, probably better as no need, but if anyone does want to watch it then don't know how in the UK.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    624
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Simon Doull, Ian Bishop, Michael Slater, Danny Morrison, Pommie Mbangwa, Darren Ganga, Kevin Pietersen, Lisa Sthalekar, Mark Nicholas, Kumar Sangakkara and JP Duminy.

    These were the international commentators involved in the IPL. We are missing Ian Bishop, Michael Slater, Darren Ganga, Kevin Pietersen, Lisa Sthalekar, Kumar Sangakarra
    And why do you think we need a like-for-like commentary panel in the PSL? Might as well watch the IPL, no that there is anything wrong with that but still....

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    572
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSL 6 will be live on "SONY SIX" and "SONY SIX HD" in India.

    In less than a month this will be the thrid channel on which Pakistan matches will be shuffled to, average cricket fans will find it though to follow Pakistan games if it is shuffled to a different channel every series. Sony Sports should stick with one channel.


    Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    80,793
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Why no Mathew Hayden, Michael Slater, Darren Ganga?
    Who needs them when you have Bazid 'I am the cure for insomnia' Khan or Ramiz 'did he really say that' Raja.



  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    808
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Simon Doull, Ian Bishop, Michael Slater, Danny Morrison, Pommie Mbangwa, Darren Ganga, Kevin Pietersen, Lisa Sthalekar, Mark Nicholas, Kumar Sangakkara and JP Duminy.

    These were the international commentators involved in the IPL. We are missing Ian Bishop, Michael Slater, Darren Ganga, Kevin Pietersen, Lisa Sthalekar, Kumar Sangakarra
    I think Vaughan & david bumble lloyd also there for some match in IPL if I'm not wrong

  29. #29
    Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    1,119
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Who needs them when you have Bazid 'I am the cure for insomnia' Khan or Ramiz 'did he really say that' Raja.
    Bazid is pretty good tbf.
    A bit harsh to say that for him.
    He always had knowledge and provided good insights, but recently his incorporation of dry humour has been a great add-on.
    His stints with Sikandar Bakht during the Quaid trophy were great to listen to.
    Last edited by Pacy with wisdom; 20th February 2021 at 14:29.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    West Ridings
    Runs
    3,853
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSL joining the big time!

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    3,455
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    Bazid is pretty good tbf.
    A bit harsh to say that for him.
    He always had knowledge and provided good insights, but recently his incorporation of dry humour has been a great add-on.
    His stints with Sikandar Bakht during the Quaid trophy were great to listen to.
    Yeah Bazid is the guy that follows first class cricket and does his homework so usually has real info about the new players unlike Ramiz and Wasim with their standard liked him when I saw him line.


    "Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"-JFK

  32. #32
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    2,152
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where we can watch PSL opening ceremony ?
    Here in India it's showing 8:30 pm directly match telecast it seems.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Sep 2004
    Venue
    KSA
    Runs
    1,278
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone tell me if they signed up for Tapmad's streaming? I emailed them, never got any reply. On Google Play, through their app, tried to registered but failed. The app reviews are also saying people facing issues.

    Anyone has used it before? PSL/PCB should have gone with YouTube streaming or like they did last year with CricketGateway.


    I haven't got a clue where else to watch.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,413
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    Bazid is pretty good tbf.
    A bit harsh to say that for him.
    He always had knowledge and provided good insights, but recently his incorporation of dry humour has been a great add-on.
    His stints with Sikandar Bakht during the Quaid trophy were great to listen to.
    Agreed.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Kuwait
    Runs
    2,159
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How are we going to watch PSL in Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia etc. Region

  36. #36
    Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    96
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what about for europe?

  37. #37
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,350
    Mentioned
    2747 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Tapmad - keeps on getting stuck - seems cannot handle load


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  38. #38
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    37,667
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Aamir Sohail is in the studio. Lol i guess he will be operating only in the studio rather than commenting in the field. Looks like the Ramiz and Wasim gang have made it clear he is not welcome in the field with them

  39. #39
    Debut
    Sep 2004
    Venue
    KSA
    Runs
    1,278
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Tapmad - keeps on getting stuck - seems cannot handle load
    MIG bhai, is Tapmad working in UAE?? Are you using the website or the app?

  40. #40
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,350
    Mentioned
    2747 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sohaib View Post
    MIG bhai, is Tapmad working in UAE?? Are you using the website or the app?
    Website and paid for a sub but apart from first 10 mins of opening ceremony - just keeps on hanging


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  41. #41
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Terrestrial
    Runs
    5,430
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Tapmad - keeps on getting stuck - seems cannot handle load
    Yeah not working at all. Poor decision to give them the rights.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    80,793
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Website and paid for a sub but apart from first 10 mins of opening ceremony - just keeps on hanging
    Oh dear.

    Not a great start.



  43. #43
    Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    96
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tapmad buffer alot

  44. #44
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,350
    Mentioned
    2747 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Absolute disaster Tapmad


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    2,352
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tapmad works fine for me here in Dubai

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    14,564
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Willow working great in HD in the US.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    80,793
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Universal Boss

    Is it like Universal Credit?



  48. #48
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,405
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching on Tapmad in Europe . . The commentary switched to Urdu after 4 overs . . Amir Sohail and some other guy commentating . . Is that happening for everyone?
    Very stupid if true for viewers abroad to be hearing commentary in Urdu . .

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    14,564
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NauV View Post
    Watching on Tapmad in Europe . . The commentary switched to Urdu after 4 overs . . Amir Sohail and some other guy commentating . . Is that happening for everyone?
    Very stupid if true for viewers abroad to be hearing commentary in Urdu . .
    No, been english on Willow.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,405
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is terrible! Paid for the tapmad subscription but the commentary switched to Urdu after the first 4 overs and has been Urdu ever since . . Pathetic viewing experience . . I wonder if there is a setting or something to switch back to English?

  51. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,350
    Mentioned
    2747 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NauV View Post
    This is terrible! Paid for the tapmad subscription but the commentary switched to Urdu after the first 4 overs and has been Urdu ever since . . Pathetic viewing experience . . I wonder if there is a setting or something to switch back to English?
    No idea - but seems they couldnt get the main one to work and the urdu one probably has less load on?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,405
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    No idea - but seems they couldnt get the main one to work and the urdu one probably has less load on?
    True! Back in english now . . is there a way we can relay this feedback to the PCB? Shouldn't be in Urdu outside of Pak . .

  53. #53
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    1,117
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Signed up for Tapmad, using it for the 1st time and it's terrible! Was working fine for ceremony and since then it's been buffering like hell!
    Last edited by Saj; 20th February 2021 at 21:29.


    Watching Dravid is worse than watching 2 coats of paint dry

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    West Ridings
    Runs
    3,853
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From potatoe on Hum Masalaon Sky. Welcome to the big time

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    South Korea
    Runs
    2,052
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Official streams not working in Pakistan. Pakistanis restricted to 1870s analog tech picture quality. Its like watching WG Grace & co playing T20. Thank you PCB.


    Serious Sport has nothing to do with fair play... it is war minus the shooting.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,350
    Mentioned
    2747 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJee View Post
    Signed up for Tapmad, using it for the 1st time and it's terrible! Was working fine for ceremony and since then it's been buffering like hell!
    It worked ok in the sense that I could watch without buffering

    But clearly they had some issues initially


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    803
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sky Sports coverage was brilliant! So happy to finally see PSL in HD.

  58. #58
    Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    96
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is tapmad stream working today?

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,201
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest, it's a bit sad listening to David Gower as part of this shoddy broadcast. He should really still be getting elite roles with the likes of the bbc if his face doesn't fit at Sky. It's like seeing a Rolls Royce suddenly turn up amongst a horde of Toyotas and Hondas.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    2,019
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David gower: what is the percentage for a super over before a ball is bowled.

    Aamir Sohail : 50/50

    Last edited by Saj; 21st February 2021 at 18:09.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    80,793
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I'm all for equality, but the female commentators offer nothing.

    I know they both played for Pakistan, but they are painful to listen to.



  62. #62
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,201
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I'm all for equality, but the female commentators offer nothing.

    I know they both played for Pakistan, but they are painful to listen to.
    I agree that they offer nothing, but neither do Ramiz Raja and Bazid Khan. So I guess it's fair enough that we bear with Urooj Mumtaz and Sana Mir too.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    20,488
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really like this Parvaz cam. Can take interviews post match without having interviewer present and even fly into the field during breaks for mini interviews.
    Last edited by Titan24; 21st February 2021 at 18:13.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    578
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive said this before but they need to add the crowd noise. A T20 game without it seems to be lacking that intensity for the TV audience.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    3,665
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still cant believe im hearing David Gower tbh, what a level up for Psl commentary.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    New York City
    Runs
    61
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Sana Mir - Commentary Watch

    I have seen probably one of the worst commentaries... her voice is just plain annoying.. it just makes me think that she is the female version of Athar Ali Khan...

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    5,774
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think she did a good job, just a start and hopefully will get better soon.

    She has extensive experience and knowledge of cricket and there is not reason she wont get better in a short period of time .

    A positive step taken by PCB.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,413
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    She is a wonderful commentator who understands the game. She may not have the voice of Adele, but her analysis is a fresh breath of air in the commentary box, and I hope it continues long.

    She is also the greatest Pakistani women’s cricketer to have ever played the game. Deserves some more respect.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    68
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes should definitely be respected as player, but her commentary is well below any standard, non cohesive and below par!!

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    3,098
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked her commentry tbh maybe not for "PSL" but in test matches would love to hear her talk about the technical side of things

  71. #71
    Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    1,119
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akbarm96 View Post
    I have seen probably one of the worst commentaries... her voice is just plain annoying.. it just makes me think that she is the female version of Athar Ali Khan...
    Sana has an okay voice. It is Urooj mumtaz that is annoying to hear. You have probably mixed up the two.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    6,474
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Tapmad, I'm listening to Alan Wilkins pre-recording the first innings review (probably for the highlights afterwards) during the innings break.

    Was also hearing the commentators talking to Gayle on the Parvaz camera asking for an interview during the strategic timeout.

    Don't think they know they are broadcasting this to the world...


    Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

  73. #73
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,350
    Mentioned
    2747 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Shifting between Urdu and English the commentary!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,413
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Shifting between Urdu and English the commentary!
    Worth bringing up with the PCB — surely an oversight somewhere.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    80,793
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Shifting between Urdu and English the commentary!
    Yes then suddenly mid-over it went back to English.

    They seem to be having quite a few problems which hopefully will be rectified.



  76. #76
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    2,019
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On sky sports mix today for any uk fans, for some reason they have a sky sports news on in its place on sky sports cricket

  77. #77
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,350
    Mentioned
    2747 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    On Tapmad, I'm listening to Alan Wilkins pre-recording the first innings review (probably for the highlights afterwards) during the innings break.

    Was also hearing the commentators talking to Gayle on the Parvaz camera asking for an interview during the strategic timeout.

    Don't think they know they are broadcasting this to the world...
    I am just worried we will hear something we arent supposed to hear


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  78. #78
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    324
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    Still cant believe im hearing David Gower tbh, what a level up for Psl commentary.
    Gower is not getting any commentary roles elsewhere so he's taking whatever 'scraps' there are for him. Good boost for PSL commentary as he's a brilliant commentator. (Can't say that about all the english commentators past and present as some really good and some awful).

  79. #79
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    980
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Suddenly no coverage on Etisalat criclife channel in UAE today after two days of coverage!

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    80,793
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket4all View Post
    Gower is not getting any commentary roles elsewhere so he's taking whatever 'scraps' there are for him. Good boost for PSL commentary as he's a brilliant commentator. (Can't say that about all the english commentators past and present as some really good and some awful).
    I think the overseas commentators (well most of them) are doing ok. It's the Pakistani commentators that are letting the side down.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •