“Babar Azam and I often get criticized for our strike-rate in the T20 format" : Mohammad Rizwan

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

“Babar Azam and I often get criticized for our strike-rate in the T20 format" : Mohammad Rizwan

Mohammad Rizwan speaking ahead of the PSL 6 final:

“Babar Azam and I often get criticized for our strike-rate in the T20 format. What people need to understand is that it all depends on the match situation. In today’s cricket it seems that the one who hits the ball every time, is considered to have a good strike rate and better batsman"

“For me, there is a different way of looking at this - What I want as captain of Multan Sultans are players who play according to the situation. So, let’s take the example of Shan Masood, see his stats, you will find proper cricketing shots with a strike rate of around 140-145. But, more important to us is that he is winning games for us"

“Babar and I are often criticized for Strike Rate, despite that we chased 200+ score against South Africa at their home. People didn’t believe in me and Babar that we will chase that target. But, we did it"

“It is a simple philosophy, if you can win matches while playing carefully, then there is no need to hit the ball every time"

“In Karachi, teams were scoring near 200 runs to win so I was trying to play according to that situation and my strike rate was high there. Here in Abu Dhabi, 170-180 is a good total to win, so my strategy is to play according to this situation and my strike rate is around 120-130. So, strike rate varies from situation to situation"
    Last edited by MenInG; 24th June 2021 at 13:58.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is a huge difference between them. Rizwan always plays according to the situation and the fact that he has won so many T20Is for Pakistan over the last 2 years shows that. Babar has single handedly lost Pakistan at least 1 T20I game and lost Karachi multiple games this season despite scoring 50s. Unfortunately, Pakistanis don’t really understand batting so they think Babar played well in all those games and isn’t the reason his side lost.

Babar is too good a player to be playing these types of knocks and hopefully someone who understands batting has a word with him about his intent and strike rate in T20Is. Rizwan, on the other hand should keep doing what he’s been doing.

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is lucky to find Rizwan. The guy has a very mature, selfless and humble approach towards the game. People who fascinate with strike rates are usually people with very little knowledge of the game. The fact of every game is that the objective is to "win". Winning by strike rate of 80 or 180 doesn't matter.

Another fact is that with Babar and Rizwan opening in tandem Pakistan is "winning" more games. So common knowledge would say that we are doing something right. As long as Pakistan is winning strike rates as such don't matter. I wish Babar and Rizwan all the best in winning games in future for Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marlonbrowndo View Post
    There is a huge difference between them. Rizwan always plays according to the situation and the fact that he has won so many T20Is for Pakistan over the last 2 years shows that. Babar has single handedly lost Pakistan at least 1 T20I game and lost Karachi multiple games this season despite scoring 50s. Unfortunately, Pakistanis don’t really understand batting so they think Babar played well in all those games and isn’t the reason his side lost.

Babar is too good a player to be playing these types of knocks and hopefully someone who understands batting has a word with him about his intent and strike rate in T20Is. Rizwan, on the other hand should keep doing what he’s been doing.
    Anyone who understands game of cricket should know no matter what format of the game it takes atleast more than one player to win or lose a game. You can have hard hitting batsmen opening the inning and scoring pretty 40 runs or even a 50 but not being able to take the team all the way due to recklessness in shots or over eagerness to hit big shots earlier than necessary. Pakistan has tried many such batsmen including Kamran Akmal, Sharjeel Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Awais Zia, Mukhtar etc but they failed more often than Babar to post significant score to contribute to a winning or a decent total for the team. Babar despite not being a hard hitting batsman has often contributed heavily to the total and helped post goodish totals, but batsmen on other end often not helped with scoring rate, except Rizwan. Those batsmen despite scoring slow often go out after 20 or 30 runs. Without Babar 50+ scores at strike rate of 130+ this Pakistani team would struggle to make 120. So if you want Babar to give away wicket early trying to up his strike rate to 150+ then be prepared to live with embarrassing totals for Pakistani team.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rizwan needs to go back and look at how he played in the first two T20s in NZ.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For a batsman of his ability Babar should be able to pierce gaps in PP for a 4-5 boundaries.Or play a few lofted shots with the field in.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The cheek of this guy comparing himself to Babar now. What’s next? “Kohli and I often get criticised for strike rate”.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chasing 200 you would always want Rizwan to stay until the end as opposed to Babar.

Babar might be ranked as a higher T20 batsmen, but Rizwan is more impactful.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    For a batsman of his ability Babar should be able to pierce gaps in PP for a 4-5 boundaries.Or play a few lofted shots with the field in.
    This is the thing I see missing in his batting.

It's not that hard to loft the ball over the infield, especially down the ground.

Yes, you won't look all that classy but the goal is to get boundaries. He can keep his general playstyle, but he should look to hit the ball over the infield if he gets the chance to. Even if it doesn't go to the boundary, there are still a few runs on offer.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    same old mindset, play around 100 strike rate for 10 overs, basically wasting PP, then try to accelerate it up in last 10 overs. What if you get out when its time to accelerate?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    30 off 30 today in the PSL final for Rizwan.

Not good enough at all and has built pressure on his team.

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay we should not criticize you for playing 30(30) and Babar 52(44)

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

These silly statements always backfire .
    Better to be humble and perform.
    Both babar and rizwan getting arrogant day by day without much performance

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this is why I am totally against Babar and Rizwan pairing as openers, it is a disaster waiting to happen; need Sharjeel and Fakhar in the mix

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    this is why I am totally against Babar and Rizwan pairing as openers, it is a disaster waiting to happen; need Sharjeel and Fakhar in the mix
    Sharjeel and Fakhar have lower SR’s in the PP

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    Sharjeel and Fakhar have lower SR’s in the PP
    The SR is equal but you point is still valid.
    It’s unbelievable how much people trust their own eyes and think more sixes = higher SR. Even thoigh Babar/Rizwan have the same SR in PP as Fakhar/Sharjeel

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Incredible batting by Roussow and Maqsood dug MS out of a hole.

The problem is that these type of innings aren't always possible.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible batting by Roussow and Maqsood dug MS out of a hole.

The problem is that these type of innings aren't always possible.
    This.

I do not know how players can make these kind of statements and then go on to play an innings like this and make a fool of themselves.

This innings would have most likely lost Pakistan the game given our terrible middle and lower order. We saw this in NZ and we'll see it again.

Instead of accepting their limitations and improving on them, our batsmen get defensive and even more dheet! Rizwan has certainly improved since his debut, but he is STILL a very much work in progress.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was clear he was trying to play the anchor in this innings and has changed his approach. He has played so well in this tournament and had a game where he wasn’t at his best. I think you are being too harsh

Rizwan has played plenty of match winning innings and doesn’t deserve the backlash he’s getting right now.
    Last edited by Saj; 25th June 2021 at 00:58.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adzzy786 View Post
    It was clear he was trying to play the anchor in this innings and has changed his approach. He has played so well in this tournament and had a game where he wasn’t at his best. I think you are being too harsh

Rizwan has played plenty of match winning innings and doesn’t deserve the backlash he’s getting right now.
    If a batsman plays a poor innings then he deserves criticism.

If a batsman plays a good innings he deserves praise.

Today Rizwan has been bailed out by Maqsood and Roussow. I don't understand what's so harsh about that - it's a fact.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a batsman plays a poor innings then he deserves criticism.

If a batsman plays a good innings he deserves praise.

Today Rizwan has been bailed out by Maqsood and Roussow. I don't understand what's so harsh about that - it's a fact.
    Sure agreed. But even the best players have off days. My point is he’s been very consistent throughout and a couple bad innings doesn’t mean we should criticise.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adzzy786 View Post
    Sure agreed. But even the best players have off days. My point is he’s been very consistent throughout and a couple bad innings doesn’t mean we should criticise.
    Yes he has been consistent.

But once again, if a player has played a mediocre innings then that needs pointing out.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rizwan and Shan opening partnership set the platform for huge total. Others had confidence to play their shots as unlike PZ Multan were not 2 down early on. A blistering start means nothing if you are 30 for 2 in 3 overs.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rizwan had an off-day with the bat.... he normally takes off from here but got out today

there is no comparison to him at the min.. he is the man of pak cricket

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I respectfully disagree with you. What would you do if bowling is good and they are not giving you anything? Throw your wicket away? And it is not like that they were not trying, the intent was there. Give credit to Sameen and Irfan who bowled very well at the start. And Give credit to Masood and Rizwan for not throwing their wickets away and inviting another collapse, which must have been playing on Rizwan's mind as he had seen the script quite a few times already this season. You play according to the strength of your team and deal with different situations as they come. I know it is a T20 game, but does not mean that you start slogging everything even when the ball is not in your zone.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Saj, it actually enabled Rilee and Maqsood to play these wonderful knocks today. Rizwan is a genuis and knows exactly what he is doing.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Mohammad Rizwan speaking ahead of the PSL 6 final:

“Babar Azam and I often get criticized for our strike-rate in the T20 format. What people need to understand is that it all depends on the match situation. In today’s cricket it seems that the one who hits the ball every time, is considered to have a good strike rate and better batsman"

“For me, there is a different way of looking at this - What I want as captain of Multan Sultans are players who play according to the situation. So, let’s take the example of Shan Masood, see his stats, you will find proper cricketing shots with a strike rate of around 140-145. But, more important to us is that he is winning games for us"

“Babar and I are often criticized for Strike Rate, despite that we chased 200+ score against South Africa at their home. People didn’t believe in me and Babar that we will chase that target. But, we did it"

“It is a simple philosophy, if you can win matches while playing carefully, then there is no need to hit the ball every time"

“In Karachi, teams were scoring near 200 runs to win so I was trying to play according to that situation and my strike rate was high there. Here in Abu Dhabi, 170-180 is a good total to win, so my strategy is to play according to this situation and my strike rate is around 120-130. So, strike rate varies from situation to situation"
    I totally agree with Rizwan. It sure can be better as you should never be satisfied with your performances, but he is answering his critics here who are always after him and talking nonsense again and again and never supporting him.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am 100% sure that Multan would have lost this game if Rizwan and Shan got out in the first 6 overs.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wish I could sit down with some of you and watch ball by ball and ask you what would you or some other big time players would do in that situation or to that particular delivery.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The guy is going to get mullered by the likes of Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood....Bumrah, Shami, Bhuvaneshwar....Archer, Wood and Jordan....Boult, Southee and Ferguson....Nortje, Rabada and Ngidi when push comes to shove!

There won’t be Blessings, Sipamlas, Jongwes, Hendricks and other T20 jobber bowlers to feast on at the T20 World Cup

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Oh yeah he already envisioned Sohaib Maqsood’s cavalier innings at a sr of 200+

This is on par with Modi Bakhts claiming IAF destroyed terrorist camps and killed 300 terrorists
    Always talking nonsense and crossing the line. I have already explained above, but don't expect you to understand as you have no idea how this game is played. You are just another guy who hates Rizwan and his guts.

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People supporting Rizwan for his 30(30) in a final, while batting first? 😂😂😂

Some fans are just toooo blind

Good he got out, had he carried for 2-3 more overs, Multan would have ended up with just 170+, and lost the final

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At least I am not the one who refused to support him when Rizwan was averaging 104 at an unbelieveable strike rate. I know he has given most of you sleepless nights and winning the PSL must have been too much to digest for some of you guys here.

Pay attention to what he is saying in the opening post as this will help you learn this game of cricket.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Once again, Today was the final of Psl and it required a different strategy based on the strength of his teammates. Sure the strike rates can be improved as I am the first one to criticize such things, but also look at how the pressure was created by bowling good balls a the start of the innings.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babar_Azam_fan View Post
    People supporting Rizwan for his 30(30) in a final, while batting first? ������

Good he got out, had he carried for 2-3 more overs, Multan would have ended up with just 170+, and lost the final
    Lmao, Peshawar after 20 overs - 159/9

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Babar_Azam_fan, wait a sec. I got something better

PZ after 10 overs, 63/3, scoring at 6.30

Rizwan calculated everything to perfection.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra_Cover View Post
    Pakistan is lucky to find Rizwan. The guy has a very mature, selfless and humble approach towards the game. People who fascinate with strike rates are usually people with very little knowledge of the game. The fact of every game is that the objective is to "win". Winning by strike rate of 80 or 180 doesn't matter.

Another fact is that with Babar and Rizwan opening in tandem Pakistan is "winning" more games. So common knowledge would say that we are doing something right. As long as Pakistan is winning strike rates as such don't matter. I wish Babar and Rizwan all the best in winning games in future for Pakistan.
    You should not be allowed to make this much sense and that too in a single post. Could not have said it better myself. Top post as always! Reading the game/opposition and then playing according to your strength is more important than what is being suggested in this thread by some posters.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy is going to get mullered by the likes of Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood....Bumrah, Shami, Bhuvaneshwar....Archer, Wood and Jordan....Boult, Southee and Ferguson....Nortje, Rabada and Ngidi when push comes to shove!

There won’t be Blessings, Sipamlas, Jongwes, Hendricks and other T20 jobber bowlers to feast on at the T20 World Cup
    I mean at least Rizwan can dominate the Blessings, Hendricks and 3rd class PSL bowlers. Sharjeel fails to dominate them so I don’t think he will come close to scoring double figures without his regulation drop per innings

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Babar and Rizwan need a very placid wickets, halwa bowling to cash in. I would rather Pakistan experiment with Fakhar, Sharjeel as the opening pair and with Babar at No 3, Rizwan at No 4

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Babar and Rizwan need a very placid wickets, halwa bowling to cash in. I would rather Pakistan experiment with Fakhar, Sharjeel as the opening pair and with Babar at No 3, Rizwan at No 4
    When have Sharjeel or Fakhar ever peformed on non placid wickets against quality bowling. This second leg of the PSL was played on batting paradise’s and both batsmen produced no performance of notice so by what means is their selection justified.

Babar and Rizwan are the best we have as we have no one else in our reserves. Move them down the order and than we will see ourselves 2 down for around 30 runs post the power play and than Babar and Rizwan will be truely useless as they both rely on timing and a open field to get going. Also remembering how pathetic how late order is, our batting performances will be nothing short but of minnow levels

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even in the game yesterday, he did well or was lucky to get 30 off 30 considering how it was Masood who had to face 2 overs of Sameen Gul tailing it away from the left hander at very good pace. I doubt Rizwan would have survived that kind of bowling, instead he managed to cash in on the over the hill Mohammad Irfan for a bit.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rizwan and masood layed the platform for the rest of the batters to explode losing a wicket in the powerplay would have costed Multan.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caved12 View Post
    @Saj, it actually enabled Rilee and Maqsood to play these wonderful knocks today. Rizwan is a genuis and knows exactly what he is doing.
    As I said. Roussow and Maqsood played innings that you won't see very often and that got MS out of jail.

Most days 30 off 30 as an opener will lead to disaster.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Rizwan and masood layed the platform for the rest of the batters to explode losing a wicket in the powerplay would have costed Multan.
    It's a small blip in the PSL and something we shouldn't really take note of at this stage. Him and Babar is still the best opening option we have, only thing i feel sometimes is that if we lose both early in a game then we are snookered which is why i would love holding them in the middle order otherwise with both these guys opening it makes for a good attacking option.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You mean Rizwan was in head of Rilee and Maqsood and telling them what shots to play? I did not know Rizwan is into supernatural stuff.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's literally performed against all of those guys you think he will get mullered by except the Indians who he hasn't played against yet.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always talking nonsense and crossing the line. I have already explained above, but don't expect you to understand as you have no idea how this game is played. You are just another guy who hates Rizwan and his guts.
    Evryone from his area puts their own area before an actual player. He's unable to digest that his hero has been replaced by Rizwan. It's people like this you need to stay away from in real life. Guy probably has no friends

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babar_Azam_fan View Post
    People supporting Rizwan for his 30(30) in a final, while batting first? ������

Your guy statpadded his way to 550 runs and literally zero matches won for his team this season so not sure why you are piping up

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GudduBadmash View Post
    Your guy statpadded his way to 550 runs and literally zero matches won for his team this season so not sure why you are piping up
    Go to the thread, "Is Babar Azam a softie?" It was created by me and have criticised him so heavily. Go to the thread "Can Pakistan afford to open batting with Rizwan and Babar?" Created by me and Again I've criticised both. You're just getting defensive. Lol. The fact that you had to bring Babar Azam shows u have no backing. Babar Azam is playing worse than Rizwan, but that doesn't mean Rizwan will get away

Thanks for embarassing urself
    Last edited by Babar_Azam_fan; 26th June 2021 at 16:52.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You mean Rizwan was in head of Rilee and Maqsood and telling them what shots to play? I did not know Rizwan is into supernatural stuff.
    That's exactly what I meant. Thank you for understanding all the explanations that I gave in my posts above. Good job buddy.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As I said. Roussow and Maqsood played innings that you won't see very often and that got MS out of jail.

Most days 30 off 30 as an opener will lead to disaster.
    Batting first and coming at a point where they had a licence to go crazy with all the wickets in hands, got MS out of JAIL? Seriously Saj? Let me do some homework and post some stats and see where you and I stand when it comes to this. I think you went a bit too far with your out of jail comment and Rizwan building pressure on his team when those two had nothing to lose and had all the freedom to go nuts from there on. Can't agree with that. 25 of 30 or 30 of 30 or 50 of 30, All depends on the situation of the game and the quality of bowling.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So you guys want batters to play at such a high strike at the start of the innings, but get totally surprised when someone is playing a blinder with a provided platform where they had nothing to lose. It is a T20 game and such strike rates are a norm in the last 10 overs. Seriously? You guys picked a wrong day to criticize Rizwan and his innings, especially when it all worked out in the end. I understand that those are your opinions, but this is mine. Deal with it.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is from Andy Flower "The ball swung and moved around and bounced a bit in our innings, so you can see why Zalmi put us in to bat"

Rizwan is such a genius, knew exactly what he was doing.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4756 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    @Rana why are you such a hater ? the bloke has won wisden cricketer of the year and has respect all around the world as one fine talent / prospect, there’s a feel good factor about the way he goes about things so am surprised by your preference for Job Squad

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have no idea why you hate Rizwan lol.

I have not followed Pakistan cricket much, only through scorecards admittedly. But from whatever I've followed of Pakistan's performances overseas and at home, on current form and in the past year or so, Rizwan has been Pakistan's most impactful batsman across formats imo.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evryone from his area puts their own area before an actual player. He's unable to digest that his hero has been replaced by Rizwan. It's people like this you need to stay away from in real life. Guy probably has no friends
    If you're referring to Rana being from Karachi he's not as I've met him when I was living in the UK.

I am from Karachi and have been a Rizwan fan ever since I saw him back up all his championship winning knocks in domestic cricket with a fighting fifty on debut. Everyone in Karachi I've come across are massive Rizwan fans.

That doesn't mean we have to hate on Sarfaraz who at one time provided excellent service to Pakistan. You can criticise his fitness which led to inconsistent performances in his tenure as captain towards the end but people from outside his 'own area' go overboard in criticism which reeks of regional bias at him not being from their 'own area'.

The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rizwan will still get to open in T20Is, but the minute his form dips, he will be replaced, which is what we're used to seeing in Pakistan cricket.

In this series against England, he will have to be at his A-game and actually bat against a quality opposition.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    I have no idea why you hate Rizwan lol.

I have not followed Pakistan cricket much, only through scorecards admittedly. But from whatever I've followed of Pakistan's performances overseas and at home, on current form and in the past year or so, Rizwan has been Pakistan's most impactful batsman across formats imo.
    I mentioned to Rana back in 2017 that I thought Rizwan was a great player and Pakistan need to give him more chances. He may not even remember this conversation which took place after an indoor cricket match.

But Rana at the time dismissed him as a flop player who would never succeed at international level and Pakistan shouldn't waste their time with him.

Admittedly Rizwan had struggled at the death to smash Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins out of the park in the recent ODI series in Australia where Rizwan was playing for the first time.

From what I can understand Rizwan is one of the players Rana had written off very early on and was quite outspoken in his criticism on and off the forum.

I admire that's he not someone to jump onto the bandwagon like many others on here but that also doesn't allow him to appreciate the player and forces him to finds way to diminish his performance and nitpick flaws.

Rizwan may, hopefully not, see an end to his purple patch and crash and burn at some point but that doesn't mean we shouldn't appreciate his current form when he's been our best batsmen for the past 2 years along with Babar.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Batting first and coming at a point where they had a licence to go crazy with all the wickets in hands, got MS out of JAIL? Seriously Saj? Let me do some homework and post some stats and see where you and I stand when it comes to this. I think you went a bit too far with your out of jail comment and Rizwan building pressure on his team when those two had nothing to lose and had all the freedom to go nuts from there on. Can't agree with that. 25 of 30 or 30 of 30 or 50 of 30, All depends on the situation of the game and the quality of bowling.
    As I said, MS were fortunate that Maqsood was in brilliant form and Roussow finally performed in PSL6, otherwise it would have been a 170 or so total which would have kept PZ in the match.

In a strange way, both Shan and Rizwan were out just at the right time for MS.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.A.Z View Post
    I mentioned to Rana back in 2017 that I thought Rizwan was a great player and Pakistan need to give him more chances. He may not even remember this conversation which took place after an indoor cricket match.

But Rana at the time dismissed him as a flop player who would never succeed at international level and Pakistan shouldn't waste their time with him.

Admittedly Rizwan had struggled at the death to smash Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins out of the park in the recent ODI series in Australia where Rizwan was playing for the first time.

From what I can understand Rizwan is one of the players Rana had written off very early on and was quite outspoken in his criticism on and off the forum.

I admire that's he not someone to jump onto the bandwagon like many others on here but that also doesn't allow him to appreciate the player and forces him to finds way to diminish his performance and nitpick flaws.

Rizwan may, hopefully not, see an end to his purple patch and crash and burn at some point but that doesn't mean we shouldn't appreciate his current form when he's been our best batsmen for the past 2 years along with Babar.
    When Rizwan’s form dips we all will agree with him anyways.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the point of bashing a player based on useless franchise cricket?

Virat Kohli is a modern day legend: Viv Richards

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As I said, MS were fortunate that Maqsood was in brilliant form and Roussow finally performed in PSL6, otherwise it would have been a 170 or so total which would have kept PZ in the match.

That is exactly what I have been trying to suggest that MS/Rizwan were aiming for a target somewhere around 175 and that should have been more than enough for PZ. Rizwan was fully backing his bowlers to defend that kind of total. Anything above 175 or 180 was always going to be a bonus.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's harsh. If my memory serves me right, Rizwan has shown enough times already that he can play at a higher strike even at times when he started slow.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's harsh. If my memory serves me right, Rizwan has shown enough times already that he can play at a higher strike even at times when he started slow.
    I meant in the later half of the game.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Not harsh at all.

I'm talking about the final, not any other matches that he's played in.

30 off 30 balls is poor.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I meant in the later half of the game.
    What is wrong with you? Everybody knows playing 30 balls to score 30 runs is bad in T20s. Just accept it is still bad even if your favourite batsman has done it. I see you running circles with all kind of weird logic to show a bad inning as good. It is not. Just stop it and move on.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What is wrong with you? Everybody knows playing 30 balls to score 30 runs is bad in T20s. Just accept it is still bad even if your favourite batsman has done it. I see you running circles with all kind of weird logic to show a bad inning as good. It is not. Just stop it and move on.
    why shoud I accept when I have provided my reasons above. Either answer those questions or stop quoting me.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's literally performed against all of those guys you think he will get mullered by except the Indians who he hasn't played against yet.
    Can you please provide proof of when he dominated these 15-20 bowlers mentioned in paragraph 1?

He scored an 80 odd against NZ in the 3rd Dead rubber T20I, that too after Misbah didnt want to drop him after giving him a longer rope due to his consistent failures before this.

I argue, give Hussain Talat the same amount of chances at the top of the order (10-15 chances) and watch him become the David Warner of Pakistan!

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.A.Z View Post

I respect and agree with your analysis on my dislike of Rizwan the limited overs cricketer.

I know this game well, and I know where I come from when I am criticising him. International cricket is and the best, competitive sides are not stupid when it comes to game planning at the right time. Rizwan is a leg side trap waiting to happen. He is lucky to be scoring well right now due to only two fielders allowed outside of the circle, and that he has a couple of shots that are his bread and butter. But any proper coach, captain would know how to set him up and have him caught either at fine leg or deep square leg.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And what is his area exactly? I am from karachi and no one I’ve spoken to here supports Sarfraz over Rizwan. Very ignorant of you to assume that the Karachi media represents the Karachi people. That guy just has an irrational hatred for Rizwan and doesn’t really have any understanding of the game. Simple

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I respect and agree with your analysis on my dislike of Rizwan the limited overs cricketer.

I know this game well, and I know where I come from when I am criticising him. International cricket is and the best, competitive sides are not stupid when it comes to game planning at the right time. Rizwan is a leg side trap waiting to happen. He is lucky to be scoring well right now due to only two fielders allowed outside of the circle, and that he has a couple of shots that are his bread and butter. But any proper coach, captain would know how to set him up and have him caught either at fine leg or deep square leg.
    I feel if he was given a long run initially he would have had time to evolve his game further onto an even better level but he's been brought into the team so late that even one lean patch at a world tournament will derail his career forever.

The guy has a lot of grit and is outperforming all our batsmen in the team apart from Babar over the last 2 years. If he has a lean patch we don't have any consistent performers to fall back so I hope he keeps performing otherwise there will be way too much dependancy on Babar alone.

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Rizwan will keep burning his haters with on field performance.He has been incredible in t20s as an opener.He averages 82 with 140 strike rate in t20is as an opener.
    He is an awesome player with never die attitude.He is the best wicketkeeper in the world.Haters can hate him all they want but he ain't going anywhere he is gonna serve Pakistan for long time.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

“We don’t think”

Who is we? Who does he represent? Says the guy who has recently been fluking a 130+ sr against jobber bowlers as an opener.

This guy talks like he is some kind of Jason Roy!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UzmanBeast View Post
    Rizwan will still get to open in T20Is, but the minute his form dips, he will be replaced, which is what we're used to seeing in Pakistan cricket.

In this series against England, he will have to be at his A-game and actually bat against a quality opposition.
    He will bring his A game in the 3rd T20i which will be a dead rubber as Pakistan would have probably lost the series by then. Just like he did in NZ

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rizwan Is the best wicket keeper Batesman in the world

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will bring his A game in the 3rd T20i which will be a dead rubber as Pakistan would have probably lost the series by then. Just like he did in NZ
    It takes everyone about a game to acclimatise to the conditions.

He's also a middle order batsman in ODIs so he probably won't get as much time to bat when compared with Babar.

He's still better than the hacks like Sharjeel who can't run doubles for their lives.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    “We don’t think”

Who is we? Who does he represent? Says the guy who has recently been fluking a 130+ sr against jobber bowlers as an opener.

This guy talks like he is some kind of Jason Roy!
    Blimey. What’s with the hate man. He is obviously referring to team mates.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Not bad for two batsmen accused of a slow sr!

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 767
Size:  11.9 KB