"We can pick two more teams and win any competition in the world" : Hardik Pandya


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 169
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    158,662
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

    "We can pick two more teams and win any competition in the world" : Hardik Pandya

    Hardik Pandya said India can now field two more teams that can win any competition in the world. Pandya’s words came minutes after India handed debuts to five cricketers in the third and final ODI at the R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo on Friday.

    “The kind of talent which the Indian team possesses right now, I think we can pick two more teams and win any competition in the world,” Hardik told the host broadcaster.

    After sealing the three-match series on Tuesday, five rookies – aggressive left-handed batsman Nitish Rana, leggie Rahul Chahar, left-arm pacer Chetan Sakariya, off-spinner Kishnappa Gowtham and wicket-keeper Sanju Samson, made their ODI debuts.

    Chahar and Samson have already played T20 Internationals for India but got their ODI caps on Friday.

    The only time when India had five debutants in an ODI was against Australia in December 1980 at the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground when spinner Dilip Doshi, Kirti Azad, Roger Binny, Mumbai stylish batsman Sandeep Patil and Tirumalai Srinivasan made their debuts.

    Left-handed batsman and wicket-keeper Ishan Kishan and Mumbai's Suryakumar Yadav had made their ODI debut in the first game at the same venue.

    Pandya’s fitness and bowling form have been in focus in this series. The India all-rounder has not been at his best in the ODI series. He bowled 9 ODIs in the first two ODIs and was dismissed for a duck and 19 in the second and third ODI.

    Speaking about his performance, the talented all-rounder said, he always tries to learn from his mistakes and grow both as a cricketer and also as an individual.

    “I understand that in life you have to keep growing. As a cricketer and a person you need to keep growing. My process is just growing as a human being. You tend to make mistakes, you fail, but I like to celebrate my failures. I like to celebrate my bad days, it is a part of the sport and it teaches you a lot of things. I like to remember it,” he added.

    https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...091112926.html


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    538
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fake news and jingo media has converted an average indian into a world-class choroo. I wouldn't have expected such stuff from older more sensible generation like Kapil dev or Sachin etc

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    4,999
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk about overconfidence...

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    2,512
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India haven’t won a major ICC event since 2013😬

    I’d agree with him if their first xi were winning tournaments left, right and centre but right now I’d call them the new chokers.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    2,963
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He may have gone over board a bit but not entirely wrong. In white ball cricket Indian can easily field 2 strong teams and still win tournaments.

    We won Nidahas Trophy with back up players.

    We won Asia cup 2018 with captain and main batsman missing. Pandya himself was out of that tournament.

    We now won a series in SL with players some of whom would probably never plat for India again.

  6. Google Ad Manager-
  7. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    2,963
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, we won a test series in Australia and defeated them in Brisbane where they were undefeated for 4 decades with back up players.

    India's bench strength is very strong...so he is not entirely wrong.

  8. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    19,443
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good LOI player but too much of over confidence and that is stopping him from becoming an elite all-rounder.

  9. #8
    Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    863
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez first win a tournament with ur first team

  10. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    4,546
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  11. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    5,756
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nonsense.
    First you should learn how to score a 50 against minnow bowling.

  12. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    32,378
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Akhtar is that you?

  13. #12
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    22,441
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is that why your team has possibly had the biggest choking run in history over the last 10 years or so?

    2014 World T20 - choked

    2015 World Cup - not really a choke. Weren’t favourites.

    2016 World T20 - choked

    2017 Champions Trophy - choked

    2019 World Cup - choked

    2021 Test Championship final - choked

    2021 World T20 - guaranteed to choke

    If I was an Indian fan I would be extremely upset with my team’s results over the last few years.


    Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

  14. #13
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    13,893
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tournament cricket is a different beast but Indias b or c teams could beat most countries first XI in a limited over biliateral series.

  15. #14
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,455
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    He may have gone over board a bit but not entirely wrong. In white ball cricket Indian can easily field 2 strong teams and still win tournaments.

    We won Nidahas Trophy with back up players.

    We won Asia cup 2018 with captain and main batsman missing. Pandya himself was out of that tournament.

    We now won a series in SL with players some of whom would probably never plat for India again.
    "May have gone overboard"

    Matlab you dont personally believe he went overboard but can understand others who say he did.

    We won Nidhihas trophy against SL and Bangladesh with pur backup team...

    Then won Asia Cup against Pakistan and Bangladesh with our backup team....

    Now won in SL too....

    But we lost in WC 2015...CT 2017....WC 2019

    And in 2015 and 2017 cos we faced Bagladesh in Qf and SF respectively.

    Havent won a KO game against a proper team (let alone a main trophy) for over 6 years....but yeah we will create 3 teams and win tourneys.

    Small expectations.

    Small results.

    No wonder the nation is the way it is.

  16. #15
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,455
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marlonbrowndo View Post
    Is that why your team has possibly had the biggest choking run in history over the last 10 years or so?

    2014 World T20 - choked

    2015 World Cup - not really a choke. Weren’t favourites.

    2016 World T20 - choked

    2017 Champions Trophy - choked

    2019 World Cup - choked

    2021 Test Championship final - choked

    2021 World T20 - guaranteed to choke

    If I was an Indian fan I would be extremely upset with my team’s results over the last few years.


    We are the new SA but Pandya thinks we are like 2000 Aus.

  17. #16
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,455
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Good LOI player but too much of over confidence and that is stopping him from becoming an elite all-rounder.
    He was a newbie in 2016.

    Still a newbie now 5 years later.

    Talented for sure.

    But never kicked on.

    Ghatiya attitude on top of that.

  18. #17
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    4,546
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    He may have gone over board a bit but not entirely wrong. In white ball cricket Indian can easily field 2 strong teams and still win tournaments.

    We won Nidahas Trophy with back up players.

    We won Asia cup 2018 with captain and main batsman missing. Pandya himself was out of that tournament.

    We now won a series in SL with players some of whom would probably never plat for India again.

    Winning Nidahas trophy against SL and Ban is not the same as winning "any competition in the World". And except Kohli and Bumrah, we went pretty much full strength in that series and even then almost choked in the final against Bangladesh chasing a moderate total. Same with the Asia cup as well where we barely scrapped through...

    We will beat teams below the top4 in bilaterals with second string sides but that's about it.

  19. #18
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    4,546
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marlonbrowndo View Post
    Is that why your team has possibly had the biggest choking run in history over the last 10 years or so?

    2014 World T20 - choked

    2015 World Cup - not really a choke. Weren’t favourites.

    2016 World T20 - choked

    2017 Champions Trophy - choked

    2019 World Cup - choked

    2021 Test Championship final - choked

    2021 World T20 - guaranteed to choke

    If I was an Indian fan I would be extremely upset with my team’s results over the last few years.

    2019 world cup wasn't a choke. Nz were a better side than us for those conditions and beat us comfortably in the warm up game too.

  20. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    17,609
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not true

  21. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    2,963
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    "May have gone overboard"

    Matlab you dont personally believe he went overboard but can understand others who say he did.

    We won Nidhihas trophy against SL and Bangladesh with pur backup team...

    Then won Asia Cup against Pakistan and Bangladesh with our backup team....

    Now won in SL too....

    But we lost in WC 2015...CT 2017....WC 2019

    And in 2015 and 2017 cos we faced Bagladesh in Qf and SF respectively.

    Havent won a KO game against a proper team (let alone a main trophy) for over 6 years....but yeah we will create 3 teams and win tourneys.

    Small expectations.

    Small results.

    No wonder the nation is the way it is.
    India has the bench strength to field a very strong back up team and win any tournament. I think that is a very accurate statement as we have witnessed on our Gabba win. But Pandya could have put it across politely rather than sounding arrogant. Hence I said he may have gone overboard but his overall statement is true.

    Yes we have not won any ICC events but its not like we have played like duds in them. India has been the most consistent team in all recent ICC events but unfortunately we are not able to cross the line. I am sure we will overcome it in near future. But not able to win an ICC event does not mean India's bench strength is bad.

    No wonder the nation is the way it is?

    Spoke like a true liberal. Dont worry, in India...Sab changa si.


  22. #21
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    9,823
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor comments from a very overrated player who has just got free ride in team.

    Doesn’t represent true Indian fans.

  23. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    2,963
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Winning Nidahas trophy against SL and Ban is not the same as winning "any competition in the World". And except Kohli and Bumrah, we went pretty much full strength in that series and even then almost choked in the final against Bangladesh chasing a moderate total. Same with the Asia cup as well where we barely scrapped through...

    We will beat teams below the top4 in bilaterals with second string sides but that's about it.
    Washington Sundar, Rishab Pant, Vijay Shankar, Jaydev Unadkat, Shardul Thakur - all were new back then in 2018 when we won Nidahas trophy. So its not like we were only missing Kohli and Bumrah.

    Not sure why are in denial? Its a fact that India at present has got very strong bench strength and can easily field 2 parallel strong teams. We should be proud of it

  24. #23
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This trash talking piece should be first shown the door. Think he is way too important to bowl, tries to convince the management to take him to England as a batsman only (What a joke) till Virat got him down to earth categorically stating that if Hardik has to play tests he has to bowl.

    He is talented no doubt, but comes across as arrogant and not in the right sense. How many matches has he won for India btw? Apart from the one against B'desh where they whacked his short bowls to fielders in the last over. He could have said we have talent to play 4 teams which may be true to some extent but not to win any tournament.


    If he bowls with a full sleeve and is an off-spinner, rest assured he chucks. Amen

  25. #24
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    9,823
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    He was a newbie in 2016.

    Still a newbie now 5 years later.

    Talented for sure.

    But never kicked on.

    Ghatiya attitude on top of that.
    Both brothers are epitome of mediocrity. To be fair to Krunal though at least he hardly ever flashes his lifestyle in front of everyone.

    Hardik is pure cringe that way. Plus he has hardly ever done anything meaningful in any of the world tournaments he played in.

  26. #25
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are the South Africa of this decade, will start almost as favorites in every tournament but will have a freeze when we reach the semis.


    If he bowls with a full sleeve and is an off-spinner, rest assured he chucks. Amen

  27. #26
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    19,003
    Mentioned
    829 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pandya is an average ODI cricketer. The fact that we are still picking him in our ODI team shows the depth of this Indian team. Even Ganguly used to bowl well in patches and he used to bowl against better batting lineups. The guy with a Sanjay Bangar type talent has an attitude and confidence of Imran Khan.

  28. #27
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,455
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    India has the bench strength to field a very strong back up team and win any tournament. I think that is a very accurate statement as we have witnessed on our Gabba win. But Pandya could have put it across politely rather than sounding arrogant. Hence I said he may have gone overboard but his overall statement is true.

    Yes we have not won any ICC events but its not like we have played like duds in them. India has been the most consistent team in all recent ICC events but unfortunately we are not able to cross the line. I am sure we will overcome it in near future. But not able to win an ICC event does not mean India's bench strength is bad.

    No wonder the nation is the way it is?

    Spoke like a true liberal. Dont worry, in India...Sab changa si.
    1. Bhai...even a brain dead monkey knows India's bench strength is great even if untested.

    2. The issue is our horrible management and planning.

    3. Moreover, when you get owned in each and every tournament in the KO stages for the last 6 years, you dont make statements like we can field 3 teams and win ANY tournament in the world like Pandya said. Thats sheer arrogance and downright foolishness.

    4. India me sab change si?

    As i said...small expectations....small results.

  29. #28
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    3,974
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This guy needs to up his game, flopped heavily against SriLanka B.
    Shardul Thakur looks more promising as an allrounder these days.

  30. #29
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    7,176
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A highly bumpable thread this.

  31. #30
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,455
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    2019 world cup wasn't a choke. Nz were a better side than us for those conditions and beat us comfortably in the warm up game too.
    Kinda was.

    Our top 3 uproots trees in bilaterals and goes missing when its time to shine.

    Inexperienced middle order made a match out of it.

    Our bowling (especially Chahal) went totally bust in the SF.

  32. #31
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    3,974
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    1. Bhai...even a brain dead monkey knows India's bench strength is great even if untested.

    2. The issue is our horrible management and planning.

    3. Moreover, when you get owned in each and every tournament in the KO stages for the last 6 years, you dont make statements like we can field 3 teams and win ANY tournament in the world like Pandya said. Thats sheer arrogance and downright foolishness.

    4. India me sab change si?

    As i said...small expectations....small results.
    Even our bench strength is overrated, they are good for twenty over shootout but they don't have the temperament for bigger formats, I saw some posters comparing them to Aussies of the noughties bench strength, like seriously .

    We don't even have a settled middle order in tests, even our openers aren't well settled.

  33. #32
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,455
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Kinda was.

    Our top 3 uproots trees in bilaterals and goes missing when its time to shine.

    Inexperienced middle order made a match out of it.

    Our bowling (especially Chahal) went totally bust in the SF.
    From another angle, it was a totally expected result the way our team was built.

    So yeah can be argued either ways.

  34. #33
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    19,003
    Mentioned
    829 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    He may have gone over board a bit but not entirely wrong. In white ball cricket Indian can easily field 2 strong teams and still win tournaments.

    We won Nidahas Trophy with back up players.

    We won Asia cup 2018 with captain and main batsman missing. Pandya himself was out of that tournament.

    We now won a series in SL with players some of whom would probably never plat for India again.
    Lol and I thought you had superior cricket knowledge over others here? Any team can field 2 teams in cricket but it is about winning tournaments in cricket not fielding 2 teams. England also did the same against Pakistan recently but we hardly saw them showing off like Pandya is doing here.

  35. #34
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    3,974
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Actually I think WTC 21 final wasn't really a chokejob, we weren't the favorites for that. But yes all other ko's listed above were chokes.

  36. #35
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,455
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Even our bench strength is overrated, they are good for twenty over shootout but they don't have the temperament for bigger formats, I saw some posters comparing them to Aussies of the noughties bench strength, like seriously .

    We don't even have a settled middle order in tests, even our openers aren't well settled.
    Thats true....

    There is unreliability there.

    Comparing with Aussies....man kon hai yeh log aur kahan se aate hain.

    But the test series in Aus showed we have a lot of quality in bench who are up for the fight.

    Issue is we dont have a proper process for testing our bench so we dont know who stands where.

    ------

    Our test team is honestly in shambles.

    Signs are ominous....hoping someone has a bumper series with the bat against Eng.

  37. #36
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    3,974
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Lol and I thought you had superior cricket knowledge over others here? Any team can field 2 teams in cricket but it is about winning tournaments in cricket not fielding 2 teams. England also did the same against Pakistan recently but we hardly saw them showing off like Pandya is doing here.
    Shardul should be the first choice allrounder for India, he should get a better contract than Pandya, who is almost always injured or maybe he just likes a free ride.

  38. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    19,443
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    He was a newbie in 2016.

    Still a newbie now 5 years later.

    Talented for sure.

    But never kicked on.

    Ghatiya attitude on top of that.
    Never really liked him.

    We should drop him for a couple of matches and play SKY at 6 just to send him a message that he is as replaceable as anyone else. This idea of him bowling when he wants and not bowling when he doesn't want shouldn't be agreed with anymore.

  39. #38
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    4,546
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Kinda was.

    Our top 3 uproots trees in bilaterals and goes missing when its time to shine.

    Inexperienced middle order made a match out of it.

    Our bowling (especially Chahal) went totally bust in the SF.

    May be my definition of a "choke" is different. We were never in a winning position in that SF. And we could see that 5/3 from a mile away in those conditions against that attack.

  40. #39
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    3,974
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Thats true....

    There is unreliability there.

    Comparing with Aussies....man kon hai yeh log aur kahan se aate hain.

    But the test series in Aus showed we have a lot of quality in bench who are up for the fight.

    Issue is we dont have a proper process for testing our bench so we dont know who stands where.

    ------

    Our test team is honestly in shambles.

    Signs are ominous....hoping someone has a bumper series with the bat against Eng.
    I think Kl Rahul is gonna play at 3 for us this time and looks like he's gonna have a good series this time.
    This is his last chance to redeem himself in tests, that much I am sure about.

  41. #40
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,455
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Never really liked him.

    We should drop him for a couple of matches and play SKY at 6 just to send him a message that he is as replaceable as anyone else. This idea of him bowling when he wants and not bowling when he doesn't want shouldn't be agreed with anymore.
    I think he was recovering from an injury.

    Never liked him too.

    But didnt want my personal likes and dislikes to cloud my judgement on a talented guy.

    One of the rare power hitter India has...and can tee off from ball 1.

    What a shame cos he is exactly what India needs in LOI.

  42. #41
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,455
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    I think Kl Rahul is gonna play at 3 for us this time and looks like he's gonna have a good series this time.
    This is his last chance to redeem himself in tests, that much I am sure about.
    Haha yes.

    I am hoping KL kicks on.

    Just get the feeling he got too distracted living the glam lifestyle instead of focusing in his game.

    Man o man...the things he could do if he buckles down and works on his game.

    Havent watched him bat.

    Was his technique tight in the county game?

  43. #42
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    2,963
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Lol and I thought you had superior cricket knowledge over others here? Any team can field 2 teams in cricket but it is about winning tournaments in cricket not fielding 2 teams. England also did the same against Pakistan recently but we hardly saw them showing off like Pandya is doing here.
    We won a test series in Australia with our bench strength, more importantly beat them in Gabba where Aussies were almost unbeatable. Pls wake me up when Eng can win a series downunder with their B team. Beating Pakistan at home with bench players is not a big deal at all.

    I agree Pandya is a showoff and have never liked his personality. But if we ignore his persona, what he is saying is true.

    India is a team with a very strong bench strength which has the potential to win any tournament. Potential is the key word which many here missing.

  44. #43
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,455
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    May be my definition of a "choke" is different. We were never in a winning position in that SF. And we could see that 5/3 from a mile away in those conditions against that attack.
    I agree with you.

    The choke was expected so maybe that wasnt a choke.

  45. #44
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    19,003
    Mentioned
    829 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Shardul should be the first choice allrounder for India, he should get a better contract than Pandya, who is almost always injured or maybe he just likes a free ride.
    In T20s, I will still pick Pandya. In tests, Shardul has already replaced Pandya. In ODIs though we should go with a specialist batsman or a spin bowling all rounder.

  46. #45
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    19,003
    Mentioned
    829 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    We won a test series in Australia with our bench strength, more importantly beat them in Gabba where Aussies were almost unbeatable. Pls wake me up when Eng can win a series downunder with their B team. Beating Pakistan at home with bench players is not a big deal at all.

    I agree Pandya is a showoff and have never liked his personality. But if we ignore his persona, what he is saying is true.

    India is a team with a very strong bench strength which has the potential to win any tournament. Potential is the key word which many here missing.
    And 'result' is the invisible keyword which you are missing here.

  47. #46
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    3,974
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Haha yes.

    I am hoping KL kicks on.

    Just get the feeling he got too distracted living the glam lifestyle instead of focusing in his game.

    Man o man...the things he could do if he buckles down and works on his game.

    Havent watched him bat.

    Was his technique tight in the county game?
    Actually I watched that game, he was playing quite late against the seamers but was tonking the SLA and off Spinner for fun. Looked Solid and didn't give any chance.

  48. #47
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    19,443
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    I think he was recovering from an injury.

    Never liked him too.

    But didnt want my personal likes and dislikes to cloud my judgement on a talented guy.

    One of the rare power hitter India has...and can tee off from ball 1.

    What a shame cos he is exactly what India needs in LOI.
    He is important but if he doesn't improve, he needs to be given a signal that he can't take his spot for granted and is easily replaceable.

    Actually, SKY can match and even outperform Pandya in batting department with his innovative shots and range hitting. The only drawback will be lack of sixth bowling option.

  49. #48
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    19,003
    Mentioned
    829 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Haha yes.

    I am hoping KL kicks on.

    Just get the feeling he got too distracted living the glam lifestyle instead of focusing in his game.

    Man o man...the things he could do if he buckles down and works on his game.

    Havent watched him bat.

    Was his technique tight in the county game?
    He chose the wrong group to hang with. He wanted to be like Kohli and Pandya. He wanted to add some badmaashi to his character. If you looked at him during his under 19 days he wasn't like this.

  50. #49
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    19,003
    Mentioned
    829 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    He is important but if he doesn't improve, he needs to be given a signal that he can't take his spot for granted and is easily replaceable.

    Actually, SKY can match and even outperform Pandya in batting department with his innovative shots and range hitting. The only drawback will be lack of sixth bowling option.
    Pandya's bowling in ODIs won't be missed. This SKY guy looks better than Pandya. TM should give him at least 20 games.

  51. #50
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    2,963
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    And 'result' is the invisible keyword which you are missing here.
    Sorry but which result you are waiting for?

    Is winning back to back test series in Australia is not considered a result? It is infact much tougher and more prestigious than winning a white ball ICC trophy.

    Winning back to back Asia cups without losing a single game is not a result?

    Also, result is a process and it does happen overnight. Give it sometime, this team will also win an ICC trophy as well since that is the only arguement you have and only result in your dictionary.

    India's bench strength is the reason we have a 22 member squad sitting in England but another parallel team is winning a series in SL. I have my doubts any other team at present can emulate this.

    So Pandya's statement is totally correct but he could have been more humble while stating the obvious.

  52. #51
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    19,003
    Mentioned
    829 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marlonbrowndo View Post
    Is that why your team has possibly had the biggest choking run in history over the last 10 years or so?

    2014 World T20 - choked

    2015 World Cup - not really a choke. Weren’t favourites.

    2016 World T20 - choked

    2017 Champions Trophy - choked

    2019 World Cup - choked

    2021 Test Championship final - choked

    2021 World T20 - guaranteed to choke

    If I was an Indian fan I would be extremely upset with my team’s results over the last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Sorry but which result you are waiting for?

    Is winning back to back test series in Australia is not considered a result? It is infact much tougher and more prestigious than winning a white ball ICC trophy.

    Winning back to back Asia cups without losing a single game is not a result?

    Also, result is a process and it does happen overnight. Give it sometime, this team will also win an ICC trophy as well since that is the only arguement you have and only result in your dictionary.

    India's bench strength is the reason we have a 22 member squad sitting in England but another parallel team is winning a series in SL. I have my doubts any other team at present can emulate this.

    So Pandya's statement is totally correct but he could have been more humble while stating the obvious.
    The post above explains it pretty well.

  53. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,618
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think “two more teams” and “can win any competition” is definitely going overboard.

    Realistically I think India has good bench strength to be decently competitive with their 2nd team as well in white ball cricket against most teams. However, Eng, NZ and maybe even Aus would be a tough ask for that 2nd team to consistently do well against. As Eng can easily and to an extent even NZ has enough domestic strength (Only lacking a bit due to their limited overall player pool) to form a pretty competitive 2nd whiteball themselves.

    In tests, India did beat Aus in the absence of quite a few of their main players however, I dont think India can consistently do that without the presence of their main players in the format.
    Last edited by Titan24; 24th July 2021 at 16:50.

  54. #53
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    10,568
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is his role in the Indian team ?

  55. #54
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    18,533
    Mentioned
    523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Actually I think WTC 21 final wasn't really a chokejob, we weren't the favorites for that. But yes all other ko's listed above were chokes.
    It becomes a chokejob when you realise they need to bat out one session for it to be a draw.But couldn't


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  56. #55
    Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    2,920
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Pandya is an average ODI cricketer. The fact that we are still picking him in our ODI team shows the depth of this Indian team. Even Ganguly used to bowl well in patches and he used to bowl against better batting lineups. The guy with a Sanjay Bangar type talent has an attitude and confidence of Imran Khan.
    Hardik is a glorified slogger in my opinion.

    He's at best a part-time medium pacer who mostly picks up wickets on wickets that assist his bowling, otherwise, he is just there to bowl 3-4 overs and give the other pacers a break.

    With the talent that he has, he should have cemented his place batting in India's top 5 or top 6, and should be much more consistent than he is at the moment.

    He's 27 right now, so he has just a few more years to figure out what his role is, otherwise, he will be remembered as a slogger who chipped in with a few overs.

    His performances against Australia have no doubt helped him cement a spot in the team, but it's a spot that won't be challenged because nobody wants to let go of the illusion of having a pace-bowling all-rounder. When he stops performing, you will basically get the same problem that Pakistan had with Faheem, where he only makes the team for what he is, not what he can do.

  57. #56
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    3,547
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't defend what Pandya says.
    He is just being his usual self and being over confident. Was a good trait initially but now it is simply over the top. Perhaps someone can drill some humility into him

  58. #57
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    14,266
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The moment I read the thread title, I immediately thought this thread was ripe for bumping by @Bhaag Viru Bhaag as he has a special liking for Kung Fu Pandya

  59. #58
    Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    549
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL the joke of the century.hahahaha.He is funny.He should try stand up comedy sometime.

    That's why India has been winning the world tournaments for many years now.LOL

    This guy is not even good for a domestic team.

  60. #59
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    1,261
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He could had said something similar to the effect without these bombastic patheric statements....
    This is what comes out of a glam lifestyle and times when ur feet are not grounded.
    A lot of this is between his ears and if he keeps foccused he could do a lot better than blowing his yob off with such cringe....
    However, it is a fact that we do have about 20-22 players of quality that could slip into a lot of teams...
    its another matter that when 11 of them are bundled into one, we somehow find a way to bomb at the final hurdles...
    Njoing our guys in the olympics though and we are on the medals tally - so yeahhhhh....!

  61. #60
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    15,593
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is right but apart from Kohli & Rohit, don't see any exciting Indian cricketers to follow. With Kohli gone, it will be the end of modern India. Kohli is like the CR7 of Indian cricket team, no one cares about the rest of the players.

  62. #61
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    29,692
    Mentioned
    4753 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    They won in Australia to be fair with the C team

  63. #62
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    94,355
    Mentioned
    7446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    He is right.

    India is the most talented cricket nation in the world. The only team capable of winning a Test series in Australia with their reserve squad.

    Apart from England, Australia and New Zealand, they would beat any full-strength side in the world with their reserve team in an ODI/T20 series.

    With a bit of luck, they can definitely win a tournament with their reserve team.

  64. #63
    Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    146
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol they just about beat Sri Lanka d and now this. Expected from someone like him who thinks he’s a superstar. Maybe they should have asked him why their first team is yet to win anything. Choking?

  65. #64
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    11,714
    Mentioned
    3135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    ..

  66. #65
    Debut
    Jul 2021
    Runs
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting to see if they can beat England this summer, they've had a lot of time to acclimatise, so there should be no excuse for losing.

  67. #66
    Debut
    May 2020
    Runs
    294
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Respectfully disagree with Sir Pandya’s statement.
    But in his slight defense, he used the word “can” and not “will”.
    Let’s not get our panties in twist with it.

  68. #67
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    4,999
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Win a tournament with your first team first mate

  69. #68
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    19,003
    Mentioned
    829 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    Respectfully disagree with Sir Pandya’s statement.
    But in his slight defense, he used the word “can” and not “will”.
    Let’s not get our panties in twist with it.
    Sir Pandya should concentrate on his performance otherwise he will be easily replaced by a player from our B team.

  70. #69
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,455
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Actually I watched that game, he was playing quite late against the seamers but was tonking the SLA and off Spinner for fun. Looked Solid and didn't give any chance.
    Thats honestly great to hear.

    Lets see how he does this series.

  71. #70
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,455
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    He is important but if he doesn't improve, he needs to be given a signal that he can't take his spot for granted and is easily replaceable.

    Actually, SKY can match and even outperform Pandya in batting department with his innovative shots and range hitting. The only drawback will be lack of sixth bowling option.
    Absolutely.

    An A grade idiot through and through.

    SKY is on another level these days and should be backed completely.

  72. #71
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,455
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He is right.

    India is the most talented cricket nation in the world. The only team capable of winning a Test series in Australia with their reserve squad.

    Apart from England, Australia and New Zealand, they would beat any full-strength side in the world with their reserve team in an ODI/T20 series.

    With a bit of luck, they can definitely win a tournament with their reserve team.
    At times feels like you are an ISI agent who is trolling Indian fans by boosting our egos.

    Rehne de bhai.....

  73. #72
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    14,522
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardik got too arrogant. It reminds me of Titanic ship.

    Always be humble.

  74. #73
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    19,443
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    Hardik got too arrogant. It reminds me of Titanic ship.

    Always be humble.
    There are enough reasons to feel arrogant for Titanic Ship.

    Pandya is no Viv Richards that he should feel so arrogant and overconfident about.

  75. #74
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    5,588
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Understandable.

    It is similar to Boxers claiming they are gonna knock the other guy out.

    “I understand that in life you have to keep growing. As a cricketer and a person you need to keep growing. My process is just growing as a human being. You tend to make mistakes, you fail, but I like to celebrate my failures. I like to celebrate my bad days, it is a part of the sport and it teaches you a lot of things. I like to remember it,”
    Btw, this 2nd part of the quote isn't getting much attention.

  76. #75
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    158,662
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    May be strong words from Pandya but lot of truth in it.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  77. #76
    Debut
    Feb 2008
    Venue
    Entebbe, Uganda
    Runs
    541
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    May be strong words from Pandya but lot of truth in it.
    No truth at all, First team of top 8 will absolutely smash second team.

  78. #77
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    621
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    There are enough reasons to feel arrogant for Titanic Ship.

    Pandya is no Viv Richards that he should feel so arrogant and overconfident about.
    Effects of IPL cricket....too much money coming too easily in their hands at a very young age, so they find it tough to keep their feet on ground.

  79. #78
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    12,158
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit too over confident methinks. India does have a very good pool of talent with plenty more coming through. This is not to suggest they are unchallenged or can not be defeated. You know the Aussies are always gonna be there now we have the English knocking on the door as well.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  80. #79
    Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    654
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He is right.

    India is the most talented cricket nation in the world. The only team capable of winning a Test series in Australia with their reserve squad.

    Apart from England, Australia and New Zealand, they would beat any full-strength side in the world with their reserve team in an ODI/T20 series.

    With a bit of luck, they can definitely win a tournament with their reserve team.
    Still struggling against Lankans and imagine if this was pakistan then we would have been whitewashed completely.

  81. #80
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,906
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a pathetic arrogant comment by Pandya. India has an incredible bench strength without doubt but when you haven't won any ICC event for 8 years and choked at every important knockout game with your first team, it's best to pipe down.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •