Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

[VIDEOS] Talent Spotter: Kashif Ali

A profile of Kashif Ali who has represented Essex and Kent 2nd XIs and recently rose to fame after some excellent performances that lead to him being named in the Dream Team for the inaugural edition of the Kashmir Premier League.

Name:  kashif_ali_ts_cms.JPG
Views: 2752
Size:  44.0 KB

Full Name: Kashif Ali

Date of Birth: February 7, 1998, Kotli, Azad Jammu & Kashmir

Batting Style: Right hand bat

Bowling Style: Leg-break

Major Teams: Essex 2nd XI, Kent 2nd XI, MCC Young Cricketers, Rawalakot Hawks

Interest in Cricket:

My family moved from Kotli to the UK where we setup home when I was 11 years old so my interest in cricket was based upon playing cricket with friends and in school in Luton where I grew up. There was no one in my family who played cricket to a high level except for my uncle who played club cricket locally so there wasnít much in terms of inspiration for me but what I had was passion for the game which has carried me through. My education after sixth-form college in Dunstable had to be put on hold due to my interest in cricket but that is something I intend to pursue again if I get the chance.

Starting out as a fast-bowler and playing hard-ball cricket in Luton

On advice of my friends who felt that I had a future in cricket, I started off as a fast-bowler and used to open the bowling for my club side, the Dunstable Town Cricket Club, who I joined around 2016. I would have continued as a fast-bowler, however, I suffered a back injury in 2017 which put an end to my aspirations of being a top-quality fast-bowler and it is then when I started to concentrate on my batting.

Playing for Essex and Kent 2nd XIs

My performance in a game for my college against Essex 2nd XI where I scored a century helped me to be picked for Essex 2nd XIs in the 2017 season where I played 5 matches in the Second XI Championship and scored 176 runs. I was able to considerably improve next year when I moved over to Kent after being scouted, to play in the 2nd XI Championship where I scored 403 runs in 7 matches.

Meeting top cricketers as part of the MCC Young Cricketers

Being part of the MCC Young Cricketers from 2018 to 2019 was an amazing experience. The idea of being part of this team for young players like me was to get an opportunity to benefit from expert coaching, intensive playing programmes as well as world-class facilities which could later help me develop into a good quality international player. On top of that, the real fun part of being part of the MCC Young Cricketers was to have the chance to meet many top players when they came to Lordís as we would be called to help out in net practice. Of course, I also learnt a lot playing cricket on behalf of this side for example in 2019, as part of the MCC Young Cricketers, I scored a total of 148 runs in five 50-over matches of the Second XI Trophy in 2019 and I was amongst the top 4 batsmen in my side.

Mohammad Yousuf and Hashim Amla as role models

I have always admired Mohammad Yousuf and Hashim Amla and have tried to copy how they go about their game and the way they start their innings and set it up, change gears as and when necessary and most importantly how they help their sides win. Apart from being so successful in their careers, both batsmen are great professionals and are my role-models. Itís my wish to meet Mohammad Yousuf and hopefully one of these days I will get that chance in Pakistan.

Comfortable playing all formats of the game

Cricket is my passion and I have no issues in playing in all formats of the game as long as I am contributing towards winning matches for my team. I believe that the straight drive is my favourite and most productive shot.

Spending time in Lahore and selection for the Kashmir Premier League (KPL)

To gain more experience and play competitive cricket, I decided to move to Lahore in late 2019 where I played some friendly games at the Grade 2 level. But obviously the highlight of my stay in Pakistan was the fact that I was picked in trials for the KPL and then drafted for the Rawalakot Hawks for the inaugural edition of the tournament.

The KPL experience and the chance to play under Shahid Afridi

My first meeting with our captain Shahid Afridi was amazing. I am sure, itís every Pakistani fans dream to meet this great player and I was no different. Playing under Shahid Afridi and sharing the same dressing room with the great man was an incredible experience. It was a great learning experience for me and something I will remember for a long time. Of course, meeting other top names of T20 cricket such as Mohammad Hafeez was also amazing. Due to the frenetic nature of the tournament schedule, I really didnít get to spend a lot of time with Shahid Afridi but whatever time I did get with him was like gold dust for me. But what I will always treasure are the words he spoke about me in a TV interview and itís the recording that I keep on playing again and again, where he praised me for my maturity as a cricketer and how well I could read the game situation Ė all very encouraging words for a young cricketer like me.

Hoping for opportunities to play in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) and First-class cricket in Pakistan

I am hoping that with my excellent performances in the KPL which saw me being selected for the KPL 2021 Dream Team after scoring 242 runs in 7 matches and with recommendations by my coaches as well as based on what people saw of my batting, I will be picked up by one of the PSL franchises for the next edition. If that happens, it will be another dream come true for me. There are some encouraging signs for me as our Head Coach for Rawalakot Hawks, Arshad Khan, has said that he will speak to Peshawar Zalmi about me. Similarly, Basit Ali who was our batting coach at the KPL has told me that he will put in a good word for me with Sindh for a possible place in their First-class side for the upcoming domestic season.

Aims to represent England or Pakistan at the highest level

I have a great passion for the game and donít just want to be one of the many players around the world who ply their trade in domestic cricket until they retire. What I would like is an opportunity to represent England or Pakistan at the highest level. I understand that the competition is tough but as I showed recently in the KPL, I have what it takes to play against some of the top players and can improve further if I continue working hard.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't know about England, but can be called by Pakistan t20i team if he decides to play here.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    [I]. Similarly, Basit Ali who was our batting coach at the KPL has told me that he will put in a good word for me with Sindh for a possible place in their First-class side for the upcoming domestic season
    That would be a huge opportunity for Kashif if a regional side picks him.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I was really impressed by him. He was playing proper cricketing shots.

He needs to decide between England and Pakistan now and put all his energies into one country.

He defo has a chance to represent Pakistan but he will need to commit to playing domestic cricket in Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Very impressive young man and words of encouragement from Shahid Afridi must have meant a lot for him

Last edited by MenInG; 3rd September 2021 at 14:52.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    good player, northern probably need him more than sindh tbh, dont know abt first class but shd deffo play in the domestic t20.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This kid is good.

If he wants to play Pakistan, domestic sides should be knocking at his door immediately. I personally see him going a long way

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy looks the part .. TTF need to be moved on..

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Not included in any squad for the 2021/22 season - very disappointing to see that.

Kashif had told us:

"Basit Ali who was our batting coach at the KPL has told me that he will put in a good word for me with Sindh for a possible place in their First-class side for the upcoming domestic season."

Now seems Basit very quiet on this.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not included in any squad for the 2021/22 season - very disappointing to see that.

Kashif had told us:

"Basit Ali who was our batting coach at the KPL has told me that he will put in a good word for me with Sindh for a possible place in their First-class side for the upcoming domestic season."

Now seems Basit very quiet on this.
    Is this just for the FC season or do the squads remain the same for all formats?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Is this just for the FC season or do the squads remain the same for all formats?
    Yes for all formats of the game.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Really surprised that he didn't get a contract for one of the domestic teams for the coming season.

Looked pretty good in the KPL.

Click here to access........The PakPassion Gallery | PakPassion Articles | The Exclusive Interviews Section | History of PakPassion | The Talent Spotter Section

To Follow Me on Twitter click here: @SajSadiqCricket

To Follow Me on Youtube click here: SajSadiqCricket

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Really surprised that he didn't get a contract for one of the domestic teams for the coming season.

Looked pretty good in the KPL.
    Yes really surprising, even if somehow not for first XIs surely he deserved to be in the squad and to play for 2nd XIs of one of the regions.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan doesnít deserve a player like Kashif Ali. A country that not just picks parchiís for the national team but also give them a longer rope over proper talented players who perform year out in domestic.

If he still wants to represent Pakistan, then he has to get picked in the next PSL. And even if he does get picked in the PSL, heíll never get a game.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Pakistan doesn’t deserve a player like Kashif Ali. A country that not just picks parchi’s for the national team but also give them a longer rope over proper talented players who perform year out in domestic.

If he still wants to represent Pakistan, then he has to get picked in the next PSL. And even if he does get picked in the PSL, he’ll never get a game.
    Maybe he needs to get himself some friends in high places to get picked or indeed perhaps try to find a relative who has influence in Pakistani cricketing circles.

Click here to access........The PakPassion Gallery | PakPassion Articles | The Exclusive Interviews Section | History of PakPassion | The Talent Spotter Section

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Maybe he needs to get himself some friends in high places to get picked or indeed perhaps try to find a relative who has influence in Pakistani cricketing circles.
    I am sure he will play few more seasons for kpl and ultimately PSL.
    May be he is picked for next season of PSL.
    From there after no body can stop him if he performs in PSL.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    He needs to play in the PSL - it would be grossly unfair to ignore him like that.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Update on Kashif

He is in Lahore where he will be playing some local tournaments for the Pak Lions Academy

==

Should have been playing domestic cricket.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be inducted in Southern Punjab t20, they have weak middle order.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You just have to wonder, do these owners and coaches not watch other T20 leagues?

Picking players in the emerging category after doing nothing to warrant it, but Kashif Ali winning the KPL for his franchise doesnít get picked. HowÖ?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Parts Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I can gather, the biggest reason he wasn't picked is because he has not played any matches in Pakistan's domestic system.

To be picked he would have to be picked as an overseas player. And he isn't good enough to be picked in that category.

Should play some domestic cricket in Pakistan if he wants to get a chance to play in the PSL.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Hanover Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    From what I can gather, the biggest reason he wasn't picked is because he has not played any matches in Pakistan's domestic system.

To be picked he would have to be picked as an overseas player. And he isn't good enough to be picked in that category.

Should play some domestic cricket in Pakistan if he wants to get a chance to play in the PSL.
    I don't think there is a rule like that. Lahore Qalandars have brought so many players who didn't come from domestic.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Parts Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mon858 View Post
    I don't think there is a rule like that. Lahore Qalandars have brought so many players who didn't come from domestic.
    Pretty sure there is. Because the Multan Sultans manager pretty much confirmed it to Twitter yesterday.

LQ brought in emerging players who hadn't played any professional cricket at all. This guy has already played matches for Essex Second XI.

Debut
    Nov 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is this guy saj??? He looks excellent... One of the best in Pakistan.why is he out of psl??? Plz refer him to team owners

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Last edited by MenInG; 10th May 2022 at 02:15.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Worcestershire have signed middle-order batter Kashif Ali on a short term contract until the end of the 2022 season, after an impressive trial period for the Seconds.

Seconds Coach, Kadeer Ali, spotted the potential of Kashif when playing T20 cricket last winter and said he is hungry to impress and try and earn a longer deal.

Kashif played for Rawalakot Hawks in the Kashmir Premier T20 League and played a major role in them lifting the trophy with 114 not out off 51 balls in the Eliminator and 54 off 29 in the final.

The 24-year-old scored a half-century for the South Asian Cricket Academy against the Seconds early in the season and was then offered the opportunity to trial at New Road.

Pakistan born Kashif has earned his three and a half month deal after an impressive series of performances in red ball and T20 cricket for the Seconds.

He has also been trialling with Northamptonshire Seconds this summer and playing National Counties cricket for Bedfordshire.

Kadeer said: "First and foremost, he has done really well, has been trialling around at a few places, but he was someone who caught my eye this year.

"He has been playing in some T20 leagues during the winter and has done really well. I watched a bit of footage of him, and I was keen to have a closer look at him.

"He has been with us for five or six weeks, first came into the side for the red ball stuff, and one thing that really stood out for me was the game against Northamptonshire when he got 70 and 80 in each innings.

"Especially in the second innings when we lost five wickets in nine balls, he really stood up, and technically he looks really sound, plays the ball on its merit, nice and patient, and anything that was loose he puts it away.

"Just had a really good head on his shoulders, has good technique, a good temperament and very composed at the crease in both innings of that game. There is a lot of quality there.

"Moving into the white-ball stuff, again, he impressed with the way he worked the ball around in the middle overs and his ability to hit boundaries against seam and spin in the part of the game that can be quite tricky.

"Kashif has done really well for Northamptonshire Seconds and us as well. He had two or three really good 60s for them in the T20 competition as well.

Kadeer added: "Hungry now to prove himself and get a longer contract? Exactly. I spent a bit of time with him, and there is a lot of hunger there, and he is very passionate about the game.

"He has been playing wherever he can, whether it's for us, Northants or Bedfordshire. Wherever there is an opportunity, he is trying to grasp them, and he has gone out of his way to play in T20 Leagues in Oman and America.

"We are pleased he signed for us for the rest of the summer."

Last edited by MenInG; 10th June 2022 at 19:01.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Worcestershire have signed middle-order batter Kashif Ali on a short term contract until the end of the 2022 season, after an impressive trial period for the Seconds.

Seconds Coach, Kadeer Ali, spotted the potential of Kashif when playing T20 cricket last winter and said he is hungry to impress and try and earn a longer deal.

Kashif played for Rawalakot Hawks in the Kashmir Premier T20 League and played a major role in them lifting the trophy with 114 not out off 51 balls in the Eliminator and 54 off 29 in the final.

The 24-year-old scored a half-century for the South Asian Cricket Academy against the Seconds early in the season and was then offered the opportunity to trial at New Road.

Pakistan born Kashif has earned his three and a half month deal after an impressive series of performances in red ball and T20 cricket for the Seconds.

He has also been trialling with Northamptonshire Seconds this summer and playing National Counties cricket for Bedfordshire.

Kadeer said: "First and foremost, he has done really well, has been trialling around at a few places, but he was someone who caught my eye this year.

"He has been playing in some T20 leagues during the winter and has done really well. I watched a bit of footage of him, and I was keen to have a closer look at him.

"He has been with us for five or six weeks, first came into the side for the red ball stuff, and one thing that really stood out for me was the game against Northamptonshire when he got 70 and 80 in each innings.

"Especially in the second innings when we lost five wickets in nine balls, he really stood up, and technically he looks really sound, plays the ball on its merit, nice and patient, and anything that was loose he puts it away.

"Just had a really good head on his shoulders, has good technique, a good temperament and very composed at the crease in both innings of that game. There is a lot of quality there.

"Moving into the white-ball stuff, again, he impressed with the way he worked the ball around in the middle overs and his ability to hit boundaries against seam and spin in the part of the game that can be quite tricky.

"Kashif has done really well for Northamptonshire Seconds and us as well. He had two or three really good 60s for them in the T20 competition as well.

Kadeer added: "Hungry now to prove himself and get a longer contract? Exactly. I spent a bit of time with him, and there is a lot of hunger there, and he is very passionate about the game.

"He has been playing wherever he can, whether it's for us, Northants or Bedfordshire. Wherever there is an opportunity, he is trying to grasp them, and he has gone out of his way to play in T20 Leagues in Oman and America.

"We are pleased he signed for us for the rest of the summer."

Could see his debut tonight - hope so!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Could see his debut tonight - hope so!
    And debut for him for Worcs!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Kashif, top scorer in his first game 24 (30) vs Leic.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Kashif, top scorer in his first game 24 (30) vs Leic.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Worcestershire newcomer Kashif Ali has spoken of his pride in becoming the first graduate of the South Asian Cricket Academy to sign for a First Class county.

Kashif has put pen to paper on a contract until the end of the 2022 campaign after a successful trial period at New Road.

He hopes his example, and being given the opportunity by Worcestershire, will act as an inspiration to other members of the SACA.

The Academy aims to reverse the current trend, which sees over 30% of recreational cricketers in England and Wales classified as British Asians but drops to less than 5% in the men’s professional game.

It is Kashif’s first-ever professional contract in England and a reward for the hard work, determination and faith in his own ability to earn a chance.

Worcestershire were the first professional side to play against the SACA with a two-day Seconds game at Stratford at the start of the 2022 season.

Kashif, who scored a half-century in that game, said: “I think the SACSA is very important, and it gives a lot of insight into what it is like to be a professional cricketer.

“Also, it gives an opportunity to play against some very good professionals and the chance to showcase their talent against them. It is a really big opportunity.

“I am very proud to be the first graduate to sign for a First Class county and very pleased for the opportunity Worcestershire gave me, and I hope I can contribute a lot to the team.

“I hope myself getting a contract will inspire other people on the SACA.”

Kashif has already played two Vitality Blast games for Worcestershire Rapids and top-scored with 24 in last Friday’s encounter with Leicestershire Foxes at the Uptonsteel County Ground.

https://wccc.co.uk/kashifs-pride-at-...-class-county/

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Impressive - 46* for Kashif Ali - growing from strength to strength

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Out for 17 off 18 balls tonight against Birmingham Bears.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Kashif Ali hit a fine century for Worcestershire Seconds, and then triallist Hishaam Khan and captain Pat Brown featured in a record-breaking last-wicket stand in the Second Eleven Championship match with Warwickshire at Portland Road, Edgbaston.

Kashif confirmed the promise shown for the Seconds and Vitality Blast cricket by making an excellent 108.

He resumed on day three on 79 and reached three figures with a cover drive to the boundary off Ethan Brookes.

Kashif struck one six and 14 fours before he was seventh out when lbw to Tommy Rex with the total on 302.

Two more wickets fell to Rex at the same total to leave Worcestershire still needing a further 46 to make Warwickshire bat again.

But then Hishaam Khan and Brown added an unbroken 117 off 17.1 overs for the last wicket and secured maximum batting points.

Their partnership surpassed the previous best for the 10th wicket against Warwickshire of 96 by Ben Twohig and Chris Russell at RGS Worcester in 2015.

Hishaam had scored 54 earlier in the season for Leeds-Bradford UCCE in a three-day match against the Seconds at Kidderminster and since then has been playing for Yorkshire Seconds in the SET20 competition.

He made an unbeaten 70 off 89 balls with three sixes, and eight fours, and Brown was undefeated on 45 from just 51 balls with seven boundaries before he declared on 419-9.

Warwickshire reached 64-0 in their second innings, but then three wickets went down to five overs – two to Jordon Neil and one to fellow triallist Yadvinder Singh.

First innings century-maker Dan Mousley (97) and Michael Booth (56) lifted the total to 227-7 by the close – a lead of 305.

Neil ended with figures of 5-1-28-2, Adam Finch 9-3-25-1, Singh 7-0-17-1, Khan 7-0-29-1, Kashif 7-0-40-1 and Ben Gibbon 15-2-44-1.
    Last edited by MenInG; 30th June 2022 at 21:29.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can he play for Pkt?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Tidy innings of 27 from 15 balls today for Worcestershire as they beat Lancashire by 29 runs in the T20 Blast.
    Last edited by Saj; 2nd July 2022 at 02:27.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Slow effort today.

23 off 22 balls against Notts.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Done well today for Worcestershire with 52 to his name (highest score)

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Kashif Ali has been rewarded for his excellent start to his Worcestershire career with a two-year contract extension until the end of the 2024 season.

The 24-year-old initially put pen to paper on a short-term deal until the end of the current campaign after a successful trial period.
    But a mountain of runs in the Seconds, including more than 700 runs in the last seven Championship innings, and a half-century on his LV=Insurance County Championship debut against Derbyshire, has earned him a longer contract.

He also demonstrated his potential in white ball cricket when appearing in several games in the Vitality Blast.

Kashmir-born Kashif was the first product of the South Asian Cricket Academy to earn a contract with a first class county.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The cricket enthusiast View Post
    Can he play for Pkt?
    Being his born country , i think yes, but few things are not aligned

For PCB, he doesnt play Pakistan domestics , so he is not even considered in any selections, which is fair enough

For Kashif , I believe he would grab any opportunity to play for England, adding how England fails in Tests these days plus looks like he has the ingredients to adopt bazball

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Hundred on List A Debut for Kashif!

114(99) for Worcs vs Kent

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kashif ali for Pakistan National side

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Brilliant start to his List-A career.

He's done so well despite the lack of experience and exposure so far in his career.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson Shrestha View Post
    Kashif ali for Pakistan National side
    maybe last year when he was trying to get into the psl as a local, if his english domestic career is on track theres no chance hes turning out for pakistan. way more lucrative to try and play for england, or if not, play leagues instead.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So he is 24 years old. Might have to wait at least 10 more years to be picked in Pakistan team.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Players like Tahir, Sikander wasted for Umar Akmal, Nauman. …

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Disappointment for Kashif - out for 9 vs Hants

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Failure by Kashif's standards today vs Yorkshire as he was out for 22(36) in the Royal London OD Cup.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    29* (24) so far for Worcs vs Lancs in Royal London OD Cup

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Out for 61 (48) vs Lancs

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    From Worcs:

Whilst fielding against Lancashire Kashif Ali broke his right thumb and it’s estimated his return will take up to six weeks

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Assistant Coach Alan Richardson (Worcs) on Kashif:

Richardson believes Kashif will kick on as a professional cricket once he recovers from his injury after a fine start at New Road in white and red ball cricket.

He said: “He has been fabulous, and he has been on a hot streak. He has worked unbelievably hard since he’s been on the scene, and that has not changed since he joined us.

“Kashif has shown that he can adapt to lots of different situations, and in white ball cricket, where we first recognised him, he has done extremely well.

“He is growing into it more and more after being quite nervous when he started the T20 campaign.

“He will flourish as a cricketer now, and it’s just really unfortunate he picked up that injury. His innings at Old Trafford was again fantastic and got us somewhere near a par score.”

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Kashif Ali