[VIDEO] India vs New Zealand: Crowd chants ‘Pakistan Murdabad’ during 1st day’s play in Kanpur

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] India vs New Zealand: Crowd chants ‘Pakistan Murdabad’ during 1st day’s play in Kanpur

India vs New Zealand: Crowd chants ‘Pakistan Murdabad’ during 1st day’s play in Kanpur

International cricket is back in India after a log time thanks to COVID-19 breakout which is still affecting normal life across the world. New Zealand is currently on a tour to India and even the fans are allowed back to the stadiums. The T20I series witnessed grounds filling to its capacity in all three matches. The fans flocked the Green Park stadium in Kanpur as well on the opening day with India opting to bat first.

Fans chanting their favourite players’ name is normal and that continued in Kanpur as well during the first session of play. However, another of those chants hogged the limelight when a certain section of fans shouted against Pakistan, India’s arch-rivals, in the pre-lunch session.

The incident happened in the first hour of day’s play during the sixth over of the innings itself when Mayank Agarwal and Shubman Gill were busy surviving the new ball. The fans chanted ‘Pakistan Murdabad’ even as a few were enjoying the action in the middle. India and Pakistan have not played bilateral cricket against each other since 2012 due to strained relations between the two countries and face only in ICC events.

The fans of the two teams are always at the loggerheads especially on social media, taking a dig at each other’s players and teams.

As far as the match is concerned, India started decently after opting to bat first. They lost Mayank Agarwal early thanks to Kyle Jamieson, however, Shubman Gill stood strong in the middle to stitch a partnership with Cheteshwar Pujara. The duo added 61 runs for the second wicket with Gill hitting a spectacular half-century with five fours and a six to his name.

However, soon after lunch Kyle Jamieson breached his defence to castle him on 52. India will be hoping to post a big total on the board in the first innings with the pitch expected to turn as the game progresses.

Video:

Last edited by transparent opacity; 25th November 2021 at 14:38.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by transparent opacity View Post
    Video
    Chants against Pakistan can be heard clearly. Really sad to see such stuff and Pakistan is not even playing

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idiots

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The pain of 152-0

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will never fail to surprise me!
    Well done to them.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despicable behaviour but let them live their pathetic lives in hate, if that is what motivates them they will have a long, miserable existence on this planet.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fifa bans/fines countries for racist chants

What will ICC do? I’ll tell you what they will do……

Absolutely Nothing

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post

Absolutely Nothing
    Not defending those idiots but what have icc done to England and Australia where Indian players were racial abused?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely Nothing
    ICC is a joke and a puppet organization. The video shows their insecurity and obsession with Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devadwal View Post
    Not defending those idiots but what have icc done to England and Australia where Indian players were racial abused?
    See this is where the problem lies with BCCI and Indian fans. They seem to think they are immune to fines/bans/repercussions/punishment because somewhere someone else has done something and seems to have got away with it.

Can you clearly hear racist chants on TV like this one?

Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is disgraceful from my countrymen but having been to packed stadia in India, I have heard much worse chanted against Pakistan and/or Muslims.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let’s wait and see how the ICC handles this. Expect nothing, but let’s also see the reaction from world press and media on this.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    What an absolute bunch of idiots. Why do they even come to watch a match and chant hate slogans.

Not surprisingly it's UP though, the land ruled by Virat Hindu Yogi.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    City Of Wrestlers
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing new NORMAL stuff

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its almost like people believe that the toxic online comments by Indians are not real.

The majority of Indians who I see online seem to harbour a deep resentment towards Pakistan. So its not a surprise that they would display this behaviour in public too.

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    Its almost like people believe that the toxic online comments by Indians are not real.

The majority of Indians who I see online seem to harbour a deep resentment towards Pakistan. So its not a surprise that they would display this behaviour in public too.
    What you see online is not a reflection of wider society. Generally on social media the more extreme voices appear louder. Of course there are people in India who hate Pakistan but I am very disappointed and unpleasantly surprised by this behaviour as I did not expect it at all.

But as I said before, let them be.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disgusting from our people. No wonder us Indians are not respected and are seen as uncivilised and uncultured cavemen

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    What an absolute bunch of idiots. Why do they even come to watch a match and chant hate slogans.

Anti pakistan slogans are very common in most Indian stadiums. Heard them a lot at the Eden,Barabati and Kotla stadiums even when pakistan were not playing.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    See this is where the problem lies with BCCI and Indian fans. They seem to think they are immune to fines/bans/repercussions/punishment because somewhere someone else has done something and seems to have got away with it.

Can you clearly hear racist chants on TV like this one?
    There is nothing racist about this. Saying Murdabad is not racist.
    Last edited by MenInG; 25th November 2021 at 15:32.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    What is Pakistan? A country, an Identity, a race in its own right.

Death to a race. How is that not a racist statement?!!!

Death to Indians,,,,this isn’t a racist statement according to you?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Fair point. I wonder if cricket authorities would consider chanting " death to Pakistan" as acceptable crowd behaviour? Is it less offensive than racism?

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anti pakistan slogans are very common in most Indian stadiums. Heard them a lot at the Eden,Barabati and Kotla stadiums even when pakistan were not playing.
    Were you from the guys chanting these slogans?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You’ve probably got uneducated buffoons with this kind of ideology working in the ICC whilst the token ‘white guy’ will be the chairman. Hence everything the Indian government, BCCI or Indian cricketers do will be swept under the carpet as if it’s a non issue.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    What is Pakistan? A country, an Identity, a race in its own right.

Death to a race. How is that not a racist statement?!!!

Death to Indians,,,,this isn’t a racist statement according to you?
    No its not racist.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I've been regularly to test matches in Chennai and I've never heard such slogans in my life.

It's incredibly insecure and petty to chant death to any nation, in any circumstance, no less a sports match where people go out to have a good time.

I also have noticed this trend of Indian fans chanting "Ganpati bappa morya" in Indian cricket matches, particularly abroad. I find it incredibly stupid as well, chanting religious slogans in a cricket match gets on my nerves. What is the need of religious slogans in a game anyway, and what are the Indian muslims and christians who have come to cheer for India in the stadium supposed to chant?

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But it's hate speech...should not be happening in stadiums

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    I've been regularly to test matches in Chennai and I've never heard such slogans in my life.

It's incredibly insecure and petty to chant death to any nation, in any circumstance, no less a sports match where people go out to have a good time.

I also have noticed this trend of Indian fans chanting "Ganpati bappa morya" in Indian cricket matches, particularly abroad. I find it incredibly stupid as well, chanting religious slogans in a cricket match gets on my nerves. What is the need of religious slogans in a game anyway, and what are the Indian muslims and christians who have come to cheer for India in the stadium supposed to chant?
    Most Indians are not going to behave according to what gets on your nerves.

I dont know about chennai, but have heard anti pakistan slogans at the Chinnaswamy as well. Chennai is known to be more anti lankan.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imagine if it was the Pakistani fans that were chanting “India Murdabad”. The Indian media would’ve went after Sidhu and the other Sikhs who visited the Kartarpur Gurdwara. The headlines would be “TERRORIST STATE THREATENS INDIA”, “WILL ICC TAKE ACTION”, and the same people who believe the crap the Indian media spews will be the same ones defending the chants that happened today.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    You’ve probably got uneducated buffoons with this kind of ideology working in the ICC whilst the token ‘white guy’ will be the chairman. Hence everything the Indian government, BCCI or Indian cricketers do will be swept under the carpet as if it’s a non issue.
    Well you can move any court in any country if you think some international organisation is allowing racism.

But the honest thing is that Pakistan doesn't have a favourable position among most Indians and many will chant anti pakistan slogans. They have done it in hockey matches and tennis matches as well.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Imagine if it was the Pakistani fans that were chanting “India Murdabad”. The Indian media would’ve went after Sidhu and the other Sikhs who visited the Kartarpur Gurdwara. The headlines would be “TERRORIST STATE THREATENS INDIA”, “WILL ICC TAKE ACTION”, and the same people who believe the crap the Indian media spews will be the same ones defending the chants that happened today.
    Why will ICC get involved?

Sidhu is a elected representative and he has to answer for his closeness to Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No its not racist.
    So I can shout Death to Israel and not be charged for anti-semitism?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    So I can shout Death to Israel and not be charged for anti-semitism?
    Entire pakistan doesn't recognise Israel and its existence.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Most Indians are not going to behave according to what gets on your nerves.

I dont know about chennai, but have heard anti pakistan slogans at the Chinnaswamy as well. Chennai is known to be more anti lankan.
    Of course not, but I'm allowed to call them A grade idiots nonetheless.

The anti Lankan sentiment was definitely high immediately after the end of the civil war, but not sure I've heard anti Lankan slogans in a cricket match ever, definitely not in a game not even involving Sri Lanka. From politicians yes, not from cricket fans in a stadium.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Entire pakistan doesn't recognise Israel and its existence.
    Poor counter argument. I don’t share that view, just like I don’t share the view that it is ok to chant death to a nation like you do. Yet Pakistanis are the ones labelled Terrorists in Racist INDIA

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why will ICC get involved?

Sidhu is a elected representative and he has to answer for his closeness to Pakistan.
    Did you read my post? I said that’s what the headlines would be from the Indian media, and Indians on SM would be calling for ICC to take action against Pakistan. But, when they do it then it’s all good.

He has to answer for going to a holy site.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Of course not, but I'm allowed to call them A grade idiots nonetheless.

The anti Lankan sentiment was definitely high immediately after the end of the civil war, but not sure I've heard anti Lankan slogans in a cricket match ever, definitely not in a game not even involving Sri Lanka. From politicians yes, not from cricket fans in a stadium.
    Lankan matches are not allowed in Chennai. Lankan players were not allowed in the IPL matches in Chennai.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Did you read my post? I said that’s what the headlines would be from the Indian media, and Indians on SM would be calling for ICC to take action against Pakistan. But, when they do it then it’s all good.

He has to answer for going to a holy site.
    If Indian media raises the issue of slogans in a Pakistani stadium, they will be foolish.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 10 wicket loss must still be burning

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yogi Adityanaths UP and Modi’s India in full force ladies and gentlemen. India has changed completely. No longer the old India we know.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Defensive Push View Post
    Yogi Adityanaths UP and Modi’s India in full force ladies and gentlemen. India has changed completely. No longer the old India we know.
    Before Yogi and Modi, Pakistan Murdabad was not shouted in Indian stadiums?

I don't know which India you talk about, but the common people never had much love for the pakistani state. They did love some Individuals from pakistan though.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Lankan matches are not allowed in Chennai. Lankan players were not allowed in the IPL matches in Chennai.
    Well that happened under Jayalalitha's government, not sure if it still exists. In any case, I was talking about cricket fans and not politicians.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Poor counter argument. I don’t share that view, just like I don’t share the view that it is ok to chant death to a nation like you do. Yet Pakistanis are the ones labelled Terrorists in Racist INDIA
    You may not share that view. But thats the official stance of the pakistani state.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Before Yogi and Modi, Pakistan Murdabad was not shouted in Indian stadiums?

I don't know which India you talk about, but the common people never had much love for the pakistani state. They did love some Individuals from pakistan though.
    I remember how Pakistan received the 2nd biggest applause after India during the Delhi commonwealth games a decade back. I’m sure our team and athletes are not safe anymore to travel to India with so much vitriol and misplaced anger against us. I’m also sure this is a recent phenomenon.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may not need my advise but then you should not say i have psychological issues
    Ok you don't have psychological issues,that's it happy now

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if you don't want to read the truth i can't help it. I too can post all sugary posts but that will not be the truth.
    Do you believe chanting death to Pakistan is acceptable at a sporting event?

No need to sugar coat it. A simple answer will suffice.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Well that happened under Jayalalitha's government, not sure if it still exists. In any case, I was talking about cricket fans and not politicians.
    Shouting of Nara e Takbeer in pakistan matches is common.

You will hear a lot of Sat Sri Akal shouts if you ever watch a match in Mohali.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Indian media raises the issue of slogans in a Pakistani stadium, they will be foolish.
    Two wrongs don’t make a right

If Pakistani stadiums have death chants to any nation, sensible Pakistani media and fans will raise a voice against it. You need to come out of this hate rhetoric, there is nothing to gain from it and you are never going to be one to act upon it if you are given the opportunity.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to see such a beautiful country of mine go down the gutters coz of these cavemen

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You may not share that view. But thats the official stance of the pakistani state.
    And there will be plenty of sensible people to voice against it, with time it can change and acceptance of all humans will prevail.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was during world cup 2019 Ind vs Afg game which I attended in the Rose Bowl Southampton. The language and chants used again Pakistan were much worse than 'Pakistan Murdabad'. Same thing I have witnessed during 2017 CT Warm up game between Ind and NZ in the Oval.

Indian fans chanting against Pakistan is not only restricted to UP/hindi belt. Its actually all over the world.

I personally detest any such sloganeering during the match though.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Defensive Push View Post
    I remember how Pakistan received the 2nd biggest applause after India during the Delhi commonwealth games a decade back. I’m sure our team and athletes are not safe anymore to travel to India with so much vitriol and misplaced anger against us. I’m also sure this is a recent phenomenon.
    Yes they did at the commonwealth games. But did you attend any of the Indo pak encounters at the CWG? The hockey match was as heated as any i have watched.

Anti pakistan sloganeering was going on through out.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    Do you believe chanting death to Pakistan is acceptable at a sporting event?

No need to sugar coat it. A simple answer will suffice.
    See anti pakistan sloganeering happens so does anti India sloganeering.

If i am not wrong they put a picture of abhinandan with a tea cup on the big screen during the tea break in a pakistan test match.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shouting of Nara e Takbeer in pakistan matches is common.

You will hear a lot of Sat Sri Akal shouts if you ever watch a match in Mohali.
    I know, and just because the Pakistanis do it doesn't mean we have to do it either. Chanting religious slogans in a cricket match is the surest way to disenfranchise your minorities and dissuade them from relating to your team.

Tell me honestly, hand on your heart, if you were a Pakistani or a Bangladeshi hindu and you keep hearing muslim religious slogans in games where you go to support your team, would you be able to truly relate to your team and support it wholeheartedly? If not, then why would you do the same by chanting hindu religious chants too when you have a lot of christians and muslims supporting your country and team as well?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously a dedicated thread for few rowdy people shouting something from the corner of stadium and on top of that blaming whole India/north India because of this stupid people..come on

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See anti pakistan sloganeering happens so does anti India sloganeering.

If i am not wrong they put a picture of abhinandan with a tea cup on the big screen during the tea break in a pakistan test match.
    Also Shahid Afridi's speech about Kashmir after the KPL final. Something like 'Awaz Indian Kashmir tak jaana chahiye'.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    It was during world cup 2019 Ind vs Afg game which I attended in the Rose Bowl Southampton. The language and chants used again Pakistan were much worse than 'Pakistan Murdabad'. Same thing I have witnessed during 2017 CT Warm up game between Ind and NZ in the Oval.

Indian fans chanting against Pakistan is not only restricted to UP/hindi belt. Its actually all over the world.

I personally detest any such sloganeering during the match though.
    I'm well aware of the anti Pakistani sentiments amongst Afghans.

I just think hate slogans against any country spoil the vibe or atmosphere of any match. If we're okay with hate slogans against specific countries in cricket matches, then we shouldn't complain when our country receives the same treatment when we tour other countries.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walawalkar View Post
    Seriously a dedicated thread for few rowdy people shouting something from the corner of stadium and on top of that blaming whole India/north India because of this stupid people..come on
    Yep, continue to try and brush it under the carpet instead of condemning it.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm well aware of the anti Pakistani sentiments amongst Afghans.

I just think hate slogans against any country spoil the vibe or atmosphere of any match. If we're okay with hate slogans against specific countries in cricket matches, then we shouldn't complain when our country receives the same treatment when we tour other countries.
    Those slogans were made by Indian fans and nothing to do with Afghans. I totally agree hate slogans are not at all good as people visit stadium with their families. But it is not only restricted to North India as some folks here (not you) are hell bent to prove.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate, which state are you from?
    Same as urs haha (assuming u are from TN)

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seem like kanpur fans are not so great because in 2016 test vs Nz they were also chant same slogan if I'm not wrong .

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to be from South India. These lot are just sick and living in 1800s, totally uncivilised and uncultured

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadida97 View Post
    But it's hate speech...should not be happening in stadiums
    I notice joshila bhai has ignored this point while he's still continuing to deflect that it's not racism.

It is hate speech, and should be looked at by the ICC on those grounds. The world is evolving, if racism is no longer acceptable, then stuff like this needs to be stamped out as well if cricket is going to be taken seriously as a sport.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just some rowdy people having cheap time. They were also chanting:
    10 rupaya ki Pepsi, Iyer bhai sexy.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I notice joshila bhai has ignored this point while he's still continuing to deflect that it's not racism.

It is hate speech, and should be looked at by the ICC on those grounds. The world is evolving, if racism is no longer acceptable, then stuff like this needs to be stamped out as well if cricket is going to be taken seriously as a sport.
    Yes , you're absolutely right. ICC need to take hard steps to Stop this types of behaviour .maybe ban for 3 test for that stadium where racist words used .

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH nothing ICC can do. Its called freedom of speech and every person has the right to say what ever he want as long as its not illegal.

Did Fifa took any action on Brits when they keep booing every countries national anthem during Euro games? That was very disrespectful as well.

Different people in stadiums will react differently. Nothing the organizers cant do as long as it is not illegal.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBH nothing ICC can do. Its called freedom of speech and every person has the right to say what ever he want as long as its not illegal.

Did Fifa took any action on Brits when they keep booing every countries national anthem during Euro games? That was very disrespectful as well.

Different people in stadiums will react differently. Nothing the organizers cant do as long as it is not illegal.
    This is not at all freedom of speech ,this is pure hate which should be Stopped and condemned.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan team feel they are not safe in India , they have every right to refused to go same as India think about Pakistan .
    Yes. As India and its people will not address their racism and hate for Pakistanis

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. As India and its people will not address their racism and hate for Pakistanis
    Here is only some idiots fan's used few hate lines but some countries national caption used Racist Word's to another player at the ground so don't be Saint . Racism is all over world problems not just for india.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it would maybe be more understandable if India was actually playing Pakistan and not NZ....
    Even if Pakistan playing India this is no way acceptable or understandable..but blaming Whole Country and posting racist comments for North Indians for this definitetly defy all logic

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here is only some idiots fan's used few hate lines but some countries national caption used Racist Word's to another player at the ground so don't be Saint . Racism is all over world problems not just for india.
    Sarfaraz Ahmed wished death to black South Africans?

Why are Indian fans always looking for excuses to defend their racist stance against Pakistan?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    Just some rowdy people having cheap time. They were also chanting:
    10 rupaya ki Pepsi, Iyer bhai sexy.
    Thread with above title will be hilarious 🤣🤣
    Is there any dedicated thread for Shreyas Iyyer..kindly rename it 🤣🤣

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why are Indian fans always looking for excuses to defend their racist stance against Pakistan?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thread with above title will be hilarious ����
    Is there any dedicated thread for Shreyas Iyyer..kindly rename it ����
    This banter reminds me of watching world war 2 videos in which Nazi SS soldiers would be enjoying a cup of tea and humouring each other whilst they are just yards away from a concentration camp where Jews were being gassed to death.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your people... waah... really very quick in assuming everything ha..
    Bhai your racists language is that post is shouting loudly from which civilised society you are...
    Less hateful and racist than the society u are from

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Those slogans were made by Indian fans and nothing to do with Afghans. I totally agree hate slogans are not at all good as people visit stadium with their families. But it is not only restricted to North India as some folks here (not you) are hell bent to prove.
    I have to politely disagree here buddy. The IndoPak rivalry is no less but I don't think the anti Pak sentiment is anywhere near in south or the north east for that matter.

In fact, the Zindabad Murdabad chants are not even natural to most south indians, they're hindi/urdu culture. I actually had to google what murdabad means, I mean I know it's not a favourable slogan but I didn't know its exact meaning. Most people just shout "Indiaaa..Indiyaaa" in the matches I've went. I know, sounds boring but that's just how it is, kinda like the Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi chants. Perhaps the odd jeetega bhai jeetega chant, because it's quite popular. Mostly I've just heard funny gibberish chants in the stadium like gumthalakadi gala gala..hoo haa hoo haa..(don't google, it's just gibberish)

You might have heard such chants in Bangalore probably because more north indians live in Bangalore than any other place in south india, but I don't think the anti Pak sentiment amongst kannadigas is particularly high. It's just natural. The places which were affected by partition the most and the closest to the "enemy" country would have high negative sentiments. South India had nothing to do with partition and so you don't really expect high negative sentiments there. Even in Pakistan, the anti Indian sentiments are probably higher in Punjab than KPK.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's was racist , don't change goal post as you said india needs to Stop racism but Pakistan caption itself used that language so don't single out only india as racism is all world problems .btw im not defending anyone here.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    This is not at all freedom of speech ,this is pure hate which should be Stopped and condemned.
    If you think this is hate speech, why not file a FIR under IPC 295A and see what the police and court says.

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really disgusting behavior from those fans. They should be banned from attending any matches in the future if possible.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Even if Pakistan playing India this is no way acceptable or understandable..but blaming Whole Country and posting racist comments for North Indians for this definitetly defy all logic
    To be honest, this is the first time I'm hearing about such an incident. Even in the video, the bloke goes "Pakistan murdabad" but I'm not sure, but I heard something like "Zinadabad Zindabad" more.. I'm certainly not generalising.

But @cricketjoshila and @Rajdeep are the only ones who are saying such chants are very common in Indian stadia, which is again news to me.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Pakistan is not seen favourably by most Indians and thats the unfortunate truth. ICC UNSC any court is not going to poke its nose into this.