Do you think Australia will tour Pakistan as planned in March/April 2022?

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think Australia will tour Pakistan as planned in March/April 2022?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they will tour Pakistan

12 52.17%
  • No, the tour will not happen

11 47.83%
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Do you think Australia will tour Pakistan as planned in March/April 2022?

Now the Million (Australian) Dollar question.

Will they or wont they?

Lots of encouraging words coming out of Australia but as we learnt from the NZ and England experience, things change pretty fast.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My gut feeling is that they will tour, but a few high profile players will make themselves unavailable.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    978 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    A full tour? Definitely not.

Even a game here or there will be difficult.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Yorkshire today:

"Yorkshire County Cricket Club can confirm that the friendly match announced between the Club and Lahore Qalandars in Lahore on 16th January has been postponed. Owing to the ongoing COVID-19 developments globally, and for the safety and wellness of all players, it has been decided that it is appropriate to reschedule the match to a later date, which will be confirmed in due course"

I hope it's not the case, but we might hear similar words from others too.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    My gut feeling is that they will tour, but a few high profile players will make themselves unavailable.
    I think this as well. The public opinion seems to have shifted towards touring Pakistan as the 'right thing' to do. However i don't think that reflects on sending their best players just yet. I imagine we'll see Australia B turn up.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don’t know what to believe anymore

An excuse is always the cards

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recent statements by the CA Chief have definitely changed my perspective a little bit. They'll tour but it probably won't be full-strength. Which would be a slap in the face to the idea of Australia and Australian players giving highest preference to Test matches.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hoping against hope that the tour will go ahead as planned.

However, it won't be a full strength squad.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barragan View Post
    A full tour? Definitely not.

Even a game here or there will be difficult.
    It's either a full tour or nothing. There is no in between.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1066 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I dont think so. It will either get cut short or wont happen altogether. I hope i am wrong..

Recently, Gloucestershire decided to not send their team, and the SOuth Africa didnt release their players for PSL. They gave different excuses.

I believe Australia will bottle out but lets see what reason do they use.

Have to give credit to Usman Khawaja, the guy has put an effort to be vocal and gave his opinion on touring Pakistan.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Los Santos
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't trust the global establishment to let it happen

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will come, why not.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gut feeling says they would back out. Hopefully not though. Donít want them to give an excuse of not prepared for India after 7 months.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a chance... they are playing it up real nice right now as if they are all gung ho about showing up, and right at the finish line our friend covid will play the easy excuse...

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they will probably come but not have all the main players.

Let's see.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have a feeling the Omicron outbreak will be a convenient cop out but letís see

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yes.

They've spoken too much about it to turn around without losing face.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Doha, Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So have any players apart from Usman Khawaja said whether they are keen or not to tour Australia?

Another player I remember is Glenn Maxwell, who said that this tour is the same time as his wedding (I think), implying that he probably won't tour for the LOI matches.

Now is probably the time to start knowing who is willing to tour. But as of now, Khawaja is the only player on the list.

in PSL, the only Australian players to have toured Pakistan (and are still playing cricket) are players that don't play international cricket.

I have seen some articles saying that Steve Smith is excited for the away matches in the subcontinent, but not specifically Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be surprised if they tour. If you go by current travel advisory on SmartTraveller on Pakistan, tour should not be approved by the Federal and Security Agencies.
    But, CA has been saying all the positive things till now so there is still some hope. They will look like real idiots if they put a COVID excuse as they made India and England travel to Australia at the height of COVID.

As general said, this does happen so people have to play the game : Siddique Salik

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoting Mitchell Starc here:

"We had a bit of a briefing the other day about the upcoming tour [of Pakistan]. I think it'll take some time for all players to process that information. And then obviously, we've got a Test match this week to play and perform in and then we'll move on to what comes next."

This makes me think whatever briefing they received wasn't very positive. If my reading is correct and if the tour goes ahead, there will be a lot of big names sitting out of the tour.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You think what you are therefore you are. There is too much self deprication from Pakistani people as if they themselves feel they don't deserve a tour by Australia and are not worthy of a cricketing tour by Australia.

Positivity breeds positive outcomes whereas habitual pessimism breeds negativity.

I think deep down this tour will go ahead because 24 years is a long time to not tour a country for cricket and I am pretty sure all the mainstream Australian players want to experience playing cricket in Pakistan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The tour will go ahead in some form but I don't expect to see the likes of Warner, Labuschagne, Smith, Cummins, Hazlewood, Starc, and Lyon to make the trip.

Will be interesting to see Ramiz's reaction when a weakened squad is announced by CA.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Brace yourselves for COVID excuses.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I feel a side will visit Pakistan - whether it's the full strength one is the question

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Defensive Push View Post
    Brace yourselves for COVID excuses.
    Wuhan virus is a reality not a excuse.
    Hong kong has just banned flights from 8 countries to hk , Pakistan is one of them.
    Though officially Pakistan has negligible infection , for some reason other countries seem to include Pakistan in every ban ?

The tour will happen but probably not tests, Odi and t20s. Quick in , quick out.
    Last edited by maint12345; 14th January 2022 at 01:53.

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maint12345 View Post
    Hong kong has just banned flights from 8 countries to hk , Pakistan is one of them.
    Though officially Pakistan has negligible infection , for some reason other countries seem to include Pakistan in every ban ?

The tour will happen but probably not tests, Odi and t20s. Quick in , quick out.
    Indian user I assume?

Australia just reported 150k covid cases yesterday. 100k covid cases day before yesterday. In a population of 26m. If covid really is a valid excuse then England should be going back right now.

As for the Hong Kong ban, quite a stretch to go from that to "every other countries seem include Pakistan in every ban" with no actual other ban to speak of.

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maint12345 View Post

Can't edit previous post, but if Hong Kong ban is your measuring stick, then banned flights from Australia as well. So basically all your points are invalid.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Well Pat Cummins seems pretty positive regarding touring Pakistan:

"Still a bit to work through, but at this stage it's all looking really positive. The amount of work the PCB has put into it is fantastic. It's shaping up as, I think just about everyone - if not all - will go"

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The tour will go ahead in some form but I don't expect to see the likes of Warner, Labuschagne, Smith, Cummins, Hazlewood, Starc, and Lyon to make the trip.

Will be interesting to see Ramiz's reaction when a weakened squad is announced by CA.
    What's the point then. Just cancel the tour.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't care, it's a win win. Australia tour and we face easier opposition.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The noises are good, but I just dont see it happening

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    What's the point then. Just cancel the tour.
    Australia second string is stil decent and should provide enough competition for Pakistan pluss Khawaja will pucovski are good replacements for either Warner and Smith.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Australia second string is stil decent and should provide enough competition for Pakistan pluss Khawaja will pucovski are good replacements for either Warner and Smith.
    Even if Australia's D team comes and completes the tour without any issue , that would be a huge success in improving Pakistan's perception and more tours will follow .

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many people have said in the past that a weakened team will not help with future tours.
    Whether it's a weakened squad or not will not make a difference to changing the perception of touring Pakistan - as long as the tour goes ahead, it will be immensely helpful. We have seen in the past when a weakened SL team toured. Similarly, NZ decided to pull out a weakened side based on a hoax threat.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A month is a long time. Most likely a few new players will come along. Starc might miss the test series or limited overs in order to give himself rest around these COVID times.

Overall expect to see a lot of stars in display be it Maxwell, Finch, Smith or Warner.

Straight after the PSL there will hopefully be some exciting more cricket for the team.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I would like Pakistani players to build interpersonal relationships with the Australian players. Had team dinners, outings, invite them to places, show them around Pakistan. It is absolutely riddiculous that no Australian team has set foot in Pakistan for 24 years.

The PM and President of Pakistan should invite both teams along with the Australian High Commissioner. Build on this tour and encourage the Australian players to sign up for the PSL drafts going forward.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Even if Australia's D team comes and completes the tour without any issue , that would be a huge success in improving Pakistan's perception and more tours will follow .
    Yes definitely agree hopefully it does go ahead.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Australia will send their first choice for the tests and a second-string for the T20s and ODIs. That would be reasonable.