[PICS] Reception for Pakistan players by the PCB in appreciation of the team's recent performances


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 122
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    192,858
    Mentioned
    3000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

    [PICS] Reception for Pakistan players by the PCB in appreciation of the team's recent performances

    A special meet and greet with the Pakistan players underway in Islamabad in appreciation of the team's recent performances.

    ==
    Name:  FiVy0D8WQAAU63O.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  404.7 KB
    Name:  FiVvza1WQAA1jkp.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  377.0 KBName:  FiVtUleXgAAFAZR.jpg
Views: 1340
Size:  242.9 KBName:  FiVtTjEXEAkoeyZ.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  307.9 KBName:  FiVy0FCXoAA1nZm.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  374.6 KBName:  FiVy0EpWIAYuk4v.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  296.0 KBName:  FiVy0ESWYAAS7qs.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  287.3 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    192,858
    Mentioned
    3000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Wonder what the conversation is

    Also is this really a celebration of good performances? if so whose?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    3,826
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Celebration of losing to Zimbabwe or india ? Lol

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    43,296
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All part of the PCB hoax “all is well” that won’t fly anymore

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    192,858
    Mentioned
    3000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    President of Pakistan Dr Arif Alvi and Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa join us on the evening honouring the achievements of our cricket stars.

    Name:  FiV5u1pX0AEjd7K.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  253.8 KBName:  FiV6HzSXEAY-cnj.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  249.1 KBName:  FiV6FYuWAAU3KWU.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  229.1 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    90,653
    Mentioned
    2287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    What's this for?

    What did they win?


    Click here to access........The PakPassion Gallery | PakPassion Articles | The Exclusive Interviews Section | History of PakPassion | The Talent Spotter Section

    To Follow Me on Twitter click here: @SajSadiqCricket

    To Follow Me on Youtube click here: SajSadiqCricket

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    43,296
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    What's this for?

    What did they win?
    They apparently won the social media war against their critics by fluking through to a final

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    192,858
    Mentioned
    3000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Some more pictures from the reception

    Name:  FiWH5_oXgAQGdLD.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  297.0 KBName:  FiWH5_YXkAUL0Zg.jpg
Views: 1088
Size:  245.6 KBName:  FiWH6BWWQAYoAhb.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  460.5 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    7,659
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know they won the world cup.

  10. #10
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Birmingham, UK
    Runs
    246
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel Nawaz will never be the same player again after this world cup.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,244
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if this would have happened if SA had beaten NED. Somehow all the loopholes in the team are now covered with everything made to seem rosy. No accountability whatsoever for carrying 2 unfit and 1 half fit player in the squad. No accountability for carrying 3 middle order bats om whom there were repeated question but from chairman to captain defended them time and again. There will now be no relook into how Pak needs to approach batting in PP as per modern day cricket.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    3,604
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowlers and Shaun Tait should've been given some sorta incentives (medals/monetary awards), and the batsmen should've been given a donkey ride.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    707
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciation and positivity builds a healthy team environment and confidence in individuals. I am happy to see this celebration happening. Players worked really hard, put in their 100% and came very close to 2 titles. That one stop by Rauf in the final in the outfield was symbolic of the team’s commitment and the whole team deserves appreciation for giving their all but it wasn’t to be vs a once in a generation England team.
    Good luck and enjoy yourself boyz!

  14. #14
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    23,208
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devadwal View Post
    Celebration of losing to Zimbabwe or india ? Lol
    Celebration of coming out second best and performing better than india who is a rich board but is not good enough or better than us

  15. #15
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    23,208
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    What's this for?

    What did they win?
    You dont celebrate for just winning. This is a great step by pcb because this team was critisized by everyone. Thus, its important that board backs there players and give them confidence that we believe in you.

    This is a much better thing that those cricket comitittees that would get formed to investigate the loss

  16. #16
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    23,208
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-q-zit View Post
    Wonder if this would have happened if SA had beaten NED. Somehow all the loopholes in the team are now covered with everything made to seem rosy. No accountability whatsoever for carrying 2 unfit and 1 half fit player in the squad. No accountability for carrying 3 middle order bats om whom there were repeated question but from chairman to captain defended them time and again. There will now be no relook into how Pak needs to approach batting in PP as per modern day cricket.
    What accountability? The team reached the finals. England lost to ireland and still won and celebrated, was there accountability there?

    There were no loopholes. We were the second best and lost in the finals.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    7,659
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not , Pak has some much extra cash to burn, President and COAS has nothing else to do , no other issue in the country and team has achieved more than we asked from them . Amazing how we have lowered our expectations .

    Some words of encouragement from PCB would have been enough but this kind of celebration should be reserved for world cup winning team only.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    1,561
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is encouraging mediocrity. After the 1999 World Cup final, the team got spat on, abused etc etc.

    This was always going to be the problem. The semi final berth was a victory to all and as Rana said, giving off the impression “all is well”.

    Personally I was very happy for the team to go through to the semis when they did find a way, but you sometimes wish they didn’t.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    1,561
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    What accountability? The team reached the finals. England lost to ireland and still won and celebrated, was there accountability there?

    There were no loopholes. We were the second best and lost in the finals.
    England won, we didn’t. There’s no room to celebrate second place.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Scotland
    Runs
    1,449
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great step by pcb , a confidence booster for the squad they lost the final but won many hearts , as for all the negativity above as Shadab would say “this is Pakistan”

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    707
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    This is encouraging mediocrity. After the 1999 World Cup final, the team got spat on, abused etc etc.

    This was always going to be the problem. The semi final berth was a victory to all and as Rana said, giving off the impression “all is well”.

    Personally I was very happy for the team to go through to the semis when they did find a way, but you sometimes wish they didn’t.
    And what happened to that team in 1999 afterwards? Did it go from strength to strength, or did 1999 become a inflection point in Pakistan cricket’s decline.
    I am glad that negative atmosphere is over and they are doing things differently now

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    43,296
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirpur express View Post
    Great step by pcb , a confidence booster for the squad they lost the final but won many hearts , as for all the negativity above as Shadab would say “this is Pakistan”
    Who’s hearts did they win?

  23. #23
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    1,561
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabi View Post
    And what happened to that team in 1999 afterwards? Did it go from strength to strength, or did 1999 become a inflection point in Pakistan cricket’s decline.
    I am glad that negative atmosphere is over and they are doing things differently now
    Ok, maybe I used the wrong example as that was a very unique time in the world of cricket with match fixing allegations / qayyum report etc that through the whole team in to turmoil after that WC.

    But a better example. Did Australia celebrate losing the 1996 final? Winners don’t celebrate losses. In England this is what held English sport back for so long. Celebrating reaching the semi final in 1990 WC, celebrating Bruno’s KO loss to Tyson etc etc.

    Look at England recently, they didn’t celebrate the final loss to West Indies in 2016, they didn’t celebrate the 2017 CT semi final, they didn’t celebrate getting to last year’s semi final.

    Winners go to win. If they lose, (even if they play well), they don’t celebrate losses. We are raising a generation of losers with this behaviour.

    Yes you can quietly respect and appreciate your effort / fighting spirit in a loss, but you don’t have big celebrations like this.

  24. #24
    Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    823
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    What's this for?

    What did they win?
    They didn’t win the cup, however they sure won the ire of the celebration police.

    It’s important to appreciate players from time to time. Negative reinforcement only works to appease people looking for someone to blame.

    Were the team perfect? Far from it. However, being repeatedly told that they’re atrocious doesn’t help either with moral, or belief. As for improvements, they’ll have to come soon enough, or we’ll se changes. The 2024 WC is some time away.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    8,846
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    What's this for?

    What did they win?
    Reached the final of Asia Cup.
    Won the Tri series in NZ.
    Played the WC Final.

    That is a lot of achievement for a mid tier team with minimal resources. Its about time we appreciate these lads.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    43,296
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Reached the final of Asia Cup.
    Won the Tri series in NZ.
    Played the WC Final.

    That is a lot of achievement for a mid tier team with minimal resources. Its about time we appreciate these lads.
    So now we are a mid tier team that wins every bilateral against b/c sides

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    90,653
    Mentioned
    2287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Reached the final of Asia Cup.
    Won the Tri series in NZ.
    Played the WC Final.

    That is a lot of achievement for a mid tier team with minimal resources. Its about time we appreciate these lads.
    I'd prefer for these events to be held when a team wins something major.


    Click here to access........The PakPassion Gallery | PakPassion Articles | The Exclusive Interviews Section | History of PakPassion | The Talent Spotter Section

    To Follow Me on Twitter click here: @SajSadiqCricket

    To Follow Me on Youtube click here: SajSadiqCricket

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    8,846
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    So now we are a mid tier team that wins every bilateral against b/c sides
    Nobody cares about pointless bilateral white ball series.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    192,858
    Mentioned
    3000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Seems some advice from General Sahib for Babar?

    ==

    LAHORE (Web Desk) – Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Thursday said that no one can become a leader unless they admit their mistakes.

    Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa attended the dinner honoring national cricketers, while the dinner was also attended by President Arif Alvi. General Qamar Javed Bajwa also talked with captain Babar Azam and speedster Shaheen Afridi, while the COAS also inquired after the health of Shaheen Shah Afridi.

    COAS Gen Bajwa said, “Fighting is a leadership job, and whether you win or lose is part of it, but no one can become a leader without admitting a mistake.”

    He added that unlike India – which lost the World Cup match by ten wickets – Pakistan lost the final match against England by a narrow margin. Commending the Green Shirts, COAS Bajwa said that the Pakistani team has risen again.

    General Bajwa said that the national cricketers are playing excellent cricket. He urged the players to continue to work hard to further enhance their performances.

    https://dunyanews.tv/en/Cricket/6764...-become-leader


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    43,296
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Seems some advice from General Sahib for Babar?

    ==

    LAHORE (Web Desk) – Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Thursday said that no one can become a leader unless they admit their mistakes.

    Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa attended the dinner honoring national cricketers, while the dinner was also attended by President Arif Alvi. General Qamar Javed Bajwa also talked with captain Babar Azam and speedster Shaheen Afridi, while the COAS also inquired after the health of Shaheen Shah Afridi.

    COAS Gen Bajwa said, “Fighting is a leadership job, and whether you win or lose is part of it, but no one can become a leader without admitting a mistake.”

    He added that unlike India – which lost the World Cup match by ten wickets – Pakistan lost the final match against England by a narrow margin. Commending the Green Shirts, COAS Bajwa said that the Pakistani team has risen again.

    General Bajwa said that the national cricketers are playing excellent cricket. He urged the players to continue to work hard to further enhance their performances.

    https://dunyanews.tv/en/Cricket/6764...-become-leader
    Clearly COAS is more in tune with Pakistan cricket than the air-head Imran Khan who took credit for appointing Babar as captain

  31. #31
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    10,411
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I'm seriously annoyed.

    We are completely finished this mindset shows it.

    The Pakistani warrior cricket team is officially dead.

    Shameful and Pathetic.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    10,411
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Reached the final of Asia Cup.
    Won the Tri series in NZ.
    Played the WC Final.

    That is a lot of achievement for a mid tier team with minimal resources. Its about time we appreciate these lads.
    Embarrassing. We are the new Bangladesh.

    Team will lose fans too weak.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    8,846
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLORY OF '92 View Post
    Embarrassing. We are the new Bangladesh.

    Team will lose fans too weak.
    Yeah celebrate your embarrassment. Shameful when fans humiliate their own team despite doing well. Fans like you are not needed to be honest.
    Last edited by gazza619; 25th November 2022 at 01:40.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    1,631
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good gesture by PCB.

    This team deserves some appreciation, they're not flawless by any means and there's plenty to improve, but they've shown immense grit and resilience unlike some past Pakistani teams who'd have been shattered after all that criticism.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    43,296
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone noticed Table 7 Muhammad Harris

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    43,296
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Yeah celebrate your embarrassment. Shameful when fans humiliate their own team despite doing well. Fans like you are not needed to be honest.
    Have you ever asked yourself the question…

    Why are the fans so divided? This is the most divided our fans have ever been. I have never seen this much hostility towards the Pakistan team ever as a fan for 20+ years

    Why is this the case now?

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    8,846
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I'd prefer for these events to be held when a team wins something major.
    World tournament wins are a rarity for a country like Pakistan. All we have is cricket. All we have is debt. All we have is poor economy. People celebrated Army before and even that has gone down the drain. We have nothing, just cricket. These cricketers bring us joy and pride. Its about time we appreciate whatever teeny weeny happiness we have left as a nation.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    10,411
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Yeah celebrate your embarrassment. Shameful when fans humiliate their own team despite doing well. Fans like you are not needed to be honest.
    Lol rather push the team to become champions rather than tell them saab theek hai by giving them a dinner. Wake up.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,828
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    A final appearance is a job well done. Win or lose.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    42,610
    Mentioned
    576 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Should have invited the Netherlands team too.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,469
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Netherlands played big role in Pakistan success

  42. #42
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    3,604
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Why not , Pak has some much extra cash to burn, President and COAS has nothing else to do , no other issue in the country and team has achieved more than we asked from them . Amazing how we have lowered our expectations .

    Some words of encouragement from PCB would have been enough but this kind of celebration should be reserved for world cup winning team only.

    I think even the WC winning English team would've not received this kinda appreciation reception where their army chief and PM or King had invited them on a lavish dinner.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    7,659
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    A final appearance is a job well done. Win or lose.
    Time has changed, not just team is of much lower standard but its followers also have dropped their expectation, not good. In 1999 Pakistani cricket fans were mad at the team for losing in the final to that great Australian team . Now the royal reception for being lucky and reaching the final.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,512
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another PR stunt by Ramiz, whose tenure was hanging by thread earlier this year with Sethi and Afridi being tipped as his replacement.

    Ramiz acts as if PCB has endless cash, doling out huge sums to motivational speakers Hayden (was it $70 m?) & Tait, launching very expensive PJL comprising smaller cities concurrently with T20 WC (meaning there would be no eyeballs), and gimmicks like this.

    Of course ceremonial position of President and COAS on his farewell days have nothing better to do so their presence is nothing surprising.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,512
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is sham that Babar with his legendary Strike Rate of 93 throughout the World Cup and stupid captaincy/decisions (leaving out M Haris from squad and only giving him 1 game to check his mettle despite carrying him in each tournament last six months, keeping tuktuks at the top of the order, timid captaincy, not sending Shadab early in Final despite him having best spin SR, not giving an over to Nawaz in final, etc) is sharing the stage with Shaheen & Shadab.

    If anything M Haris & Haris Rauf should have been there in place of him.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    29,147
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    PK overachieved with a pretty average team. This reception is a nice way to acknowledge an achievement of sorts.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    3,631
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I'd prefer for these events to be held when a team wins something major.
    I think we've had a decent year by our standards. The results could have been better but we made a final in Australia where historically nearly every Pakistan team has always struggled.

    We can't turn up our nose at how infighting, junior/senior culture and toxic dressing rooms appears to have been killed. We have a young side that has united and is giving 100% in every game.

    The team is definitely on the right track and that in itself is plenty to celebrate. We are routinely making finals and if we keep doing what we are doing then that major win is just round the corner.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    3,631
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Time has changed, not just team is of much lower standard but its followers also have dropped their expectation, not good. In 1999 Pakistani cricket fans were mad at the team for losing in the final to that great Australian team . Now the royal reception for being lucky and reaching the final.
    How many current players would get into that 1999 team though? Maybe 1 or 2? There's a massive gulf in talent between the eras and we were clear underdogs against this stacked England team.

    What happened in the 1999 final serves to highlight how far we've come in terms of having a united dressing room that gives their all, compared to the toxic dressing rooms we had back then which caused us to be so pathetic more often than not.
    Last edited by hitthestump; 25th November 2022 at 05:23.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    43,296
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The same old people who told us this mediocre side are world beaters all of a sudden changing their tunes to ‘we’ve had a decent run with this middling side’.

    Honest tip to everyone here. If you stick to one narrative that you truly believe in and defend it as if your life depends on it, no matter how difficult the tide becomes…you will be victorious in your fight for the truth.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    3,302
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems very strange looking at the photos. This kind of ceremony only makes sense if they won the WC.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2022
    Runs
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ridiculous. It will only make sure that reaching finals is enough and a great achievement and shouldnt try harder and seek improvement...This is how you encourage mediocrity...When u got a chance to play final irrespective of how badly u performed, u needed to make the most of it by winning the trophy...You played poorly at the start and ended up doing the same at the end..Whats there to celebrate and praise and be proud of...

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    9,520
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not surprised that the usual suspects are still whining and moaning in this thread despite the team’s results over the last 12 months.. Oh well

  53. #53
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    1,973
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong in it, the team performed exceptionally well in this year. I hope this will encourage them

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2022
    Runs
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let the boys get some appreciation, deep down they know that they need to perform better. We can not burden them too much, there is already too much cricket being played.

    Plus, such a ceremony will only establish a more healthier relationship between the players and the PCB. Having a good working culture is integral to any progressive organisation.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    7,659
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly Bajwa was doing in the cricket team reception ?

  56. #56
    Debut
    Oct 2022
    Runs
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    What exactly Bajwa was doing in the cricket team reception ?
    May be he was motivating the team and talking about leadership. I am sure he would have inspired the Pakistan team.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    262
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man! This is funny to see. Accidental semi finalists, got beaten by a minnow, not winning the world championship and to celebrate that we have the President of Pakistan and the Army Chief coming to felicitate the team 🤣🤣 (?)…. My Pakistani friends said “don’t ask us why” even before I said anything, I had only smiled at them… it was fun reading that nevertheless

  58. #58
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    7,422
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    What's this for?

    What did they win?
    Come on Saj Bhai - lighten up.
    Nobody in their right mind pre tournament thought Pakistan could win the thing and we got within 4-5 overs of doing it.
    We played good consistent cricket throughout and even the India and Zimbabwe- we had won and then handed them over


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  59. #59
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    5,206
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats PCT fans. Cherish these golden days. India on the other hand is struggling badly. Test is the only format where we are doing ok. Still not #1 though. Hopefully we can turn it around in the next few years.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    5,409
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Seems some advice from General Sahib for Babar?

    ==

    LAHORE (Web Desk) – Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Thursday said that no one can become a leader unless they admit their mistakes.

    Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa attended the dinner honoring national cricketers, while the dinner was also attended by President Arif Alvi. General Qamar Javed Bajwa also talked with captain Babar Azam and speedster Shaheen Afridi, while the COAS also inquired after the health of Shaheen Shah Afridi.

    COAS Gen Bajwa said, “Fighting is a leadership job, and whether you win or lose is part of it, but no one can become a leader without admitting a mistake.”

    He added that unlike India – which lost the World Cup match by ten wickets – Pakistan lost the final match against England by a narrow margin. Commending the Green Shirts, COAS Bajwa said that the Pakistani team has risen again.

    General Bajwa said that the national cricketers are playing excellent cricket. He urged the players to continue to work hard to further enhance their performances.

    https://dunyanews.tv/en/Cricket/6764...-become-leader
    Afridi mentioned in his book MR. Bajwa understands cricket better than most of ex-players

  61. #61
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    192,858
    Mentioned
    3000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Video highlights of the event



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  62. #62
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    96,937
    Mentioned
    7989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Please allow me to list Pakistan’s achievements in 2022:

    - lost a home Test series to Australia
    - drew a Test series in Sri Lanka
    - bottled the Asia Cup Final.
    - lost a home T20I series to a severely depleted England team
    - won the tri-series in New Zealand
    - lost the T20 WC final

    There is one word that describes Pakistani cricketers this year: losers.

    Mediocre team, mediocre board, mediocre expectations, mediocre mindset.
    Last edited by MenInG; 25th November 2022 at 13:41.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    5,761
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would've fared better for the PCB had the event been marketed as a farewell gesture for outgoing COAS Bajwa by the Board, where the Cricket team would also be felicitated as a side event.

    However I personally feel that this Pakistan team punched above it's weight in the T20WC. People may call it a fluke, but Pakistan put themselves in a position where some other upsets paved their way into the finals.

    Lastly, I also feel that Cricketers from both India & Pakistan are over pampered, mainly coz with the advent of the interweb, kids like 13-14-15 yo have got the platform to express & amplify their immature views. Every performance/win is celebrated like there's no tomorrow, while losses are defended to the death by fans, mainly kids who are ready to fight the virtual battle for their heroes.

    Rant over.


    The day d last tree died, d last river poisond & d last fish caught,we'll realize we can't eat money

  64. #64
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    16,702
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Have you ever asked yourself the question…

    Why are the fans so divided? This is the most divided our fans have ever been. I have never seen this much hostility towards the Pakistan team ever as a fan for 20+ years

    Why is this the case now?
    Because our fans are following the exact blueprint the media has been following for a number of years, but that mentality has now crept in due to social media being so easily accessible.

    Pakistan cricket is all about agendas, whether it be the fans or the media or even the team management in some cases. Had Sharjeel Khan been playing this WC, and Pakistan limped to the final with NZ forfeiting the game, you would have found excuses to justify this meet and greet aswell.

    This is an unnecessary extreme by the PCB and makes us a laughing stock. We did not win anything, reaching finals is not as big a deal to organize such a celebration event. Losing a test series to Australia in our own backyard isn’t a great performance, so we have had some terrible experiences too over the past year or so.

    Quite clear this event is to irritate the media and the nay-sayers.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    15,270
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PCB has low expectation as always. They were never expected to be even in semi. Now they played in the final so PCB will use this to cover up for next 10 years failure.
    Looks like Ramiz will convince Saqlain to stay for another 4-5 years. Same teams will be retained for next few World Cups.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    15,270
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Please allow me to list Pakistan’s achievements in 2022:

    - lost a home Test series to Australia
    - drew a Test series in Sri Lanka
    - bottled the Asia Cup Final.
    - lost a home T20I series to a severely depleted England team
    - won the tri-series in New Zealand
    - lost the T20 WC final

    There is one word that describes Pakistani cricketers this year: losers.

    Mediocre team, mediocre board, mediocre expectations, mediocre mindset.
    PCB expected

    - lost a home Test series to Australia Expected 3-0 lost
    - drew a Test series in Sri Lanka Expected 2-0 loss
    - bottled the Asia Cup Final. Expected not be in final
    - lost a home T20I series to a severely depleted England team Expected 5-2 or 6-1 loss
    - won the tri-series in New Zealand Won the tournament out of nowhere
    - lost the T20 WC final They didn't even expected to be in semi.

    According to PCB they achieved more than they expected.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    5,874
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol. Initially I thought that the Bangladeshis were doing a ceremony for their cricketers for nearly making it to the semis (being 1 win away).

    Surely being happy by making it to the finals is a minnow mentality

  68. #68
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    1,561
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    A final appearance is a job well done. Win or lose.
    Even if it is - a quiet pat on the back will do, not a lavish, publicised event!

  69. #69
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    4,625
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Imagine BCCI organising this after India lost against Nz in WTC final.
    A tournament in which you can't actually go to the finals with flukes.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Sep 2022
    Runs
    163
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    IA tournament in which you can't actually go to the finals with flukes.
    Which team deserves to be in the final from Pakistan group ?Didn't England also lost to ireland just like Pak did to Zim .There is nothing fluke if team like SA are more terrible than pakistan

  71. #71
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    23,208
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    England won, we didn’t. There’s no room to celebrate second place.

    15 teams didnt win, so those 15 teams dont get treated well?
    Stop making it Pakistan vs the World.

    The team came 2nd, this is how you apprecaite them

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    43,296
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Because our fans are following the exact blueprint the media has been following for a number of years, but that mentality has now crept in due to social media being so easily accessible.

    Pakistan cricket is all about agendas, whether it be the fans or the media or even the team management in some cases. Had Sharjeel Khan been playing this WC, and Pakistan limped to the final with NZ forfeiting the game, you would have found excuses to justify this meet and greet aswell.

    This is an unnecessary extreme by the PCB and makes us a laughing stock. We did not win anything, reaching finals is not as big a deal to organize such a celebration event. Losing a test series to Australia in our own backyard isn’t a great performance, so we have had some terrible experiences too over the past year or so.

    Quite clear this event is to irritate the media and the nay-sayers.
    Pakistan would have won this World Cup if Sharjeel Khan played instead of the dud openers

    But those with ‘agendas’ never admit the truth

    Go ahead and admit the truth if you are holier than thou in your way of thinking

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    43,296
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    15 teams didnt win, so those 15 teams dont get treated well?
    Stop making it Pakistan vs the World.

    The team came 2nd, this is how you apprecaite them
    What by throwing a grand dinner with the chairman wearing a double breasted suit and inviting the COAS

  74. #74
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    23,208
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie007 View Post
    Man! This is funny to see. Accidental semi finalists, got beaten by a minnow, not winning the world championship and to celebrate that we have the President of Pakistan and the Army Chief coming to felicitate the team ���� (?)…. My Pakistani friends said “don’t ask us why” even before I said anything, I had only smiled at them… it was fun reading that nevertheless
    Funny to see indian fans whose team wasnt good enough to reach teh finals are coming around here and laughing while pakistan came 2nd.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    23,208
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    What by throwing a grand dinner with the chairman wearing a double breasted suit and inviting the COAS
    You do know that every organization hosts dinner parties right? These things are actually budgeted for and is done to do pr building along with relationship building.

    The people that get invited to such dinners are not people like you or some other fan. These are people of Islamabad that are part of foreign services. The idea is to develop relations with foreign diplomats and its done through such dinner parties that are hosted.

    Pakistan came back home from a long tour. They have been going around since Asia Cup and now when the team came runner up was the best time to host a dinner party.

    Some of the guest invited were the British High Comissioner, this guy did his ultimate best to bring the English Team to Pakistan and to restore that conifidence after ENgland cancelled their last tour and when Imran Khan was wounded recently. Meanwhile the COAS was retiring and it was important for PTI that their President get a photo taken with the retiring COAS so they can show the public that all is good. The COAS has been on his final tour around the country and also had to meet the President and this was the best occasion.

    Obviously, fans here dont understand these little things and than cry and throw fits that India sent an email which is why New Zealand team left us.

    Its by such tactics that trust is built with the diplomatic community who than have to relay the message back to their countries when we need other countries to tour us.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    43,296
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    You do know that every organization hosts dinner parties right? These things are actually budgeted for and is done to do pr building along with relationship building.

    The people that get invited to such dinners are not people like you or some other fan. These are people of Islamabad that are part of foreign services. The idea is to develop relations with foreign diplomats and its done through such dinner parties that are hosted.

    Pakistan came back home from a long tour. They have been going around since Asia Cup and now when the team came runner up was the best time to host a dinner party.

    Some of the guest invited were the British High Comissioner, this guy did his ultimate best to bring the English Team to Pakistan and to restore that conifidence after ENgland cancelled their last tour and when Imran Khan was wounded recently. Meanwhile the COAS was retiring and it was important for PTI that their President get a photo taken with the retiring COAS so they can show the public that all is good. The COAS has been on his final tour around the country and also had to meet the President and this was the best occasion.

    Obviously, fans here dont understand these little things and than cry and throw fits that India sent an email which is why New Zealand team left us.

    Its by such tactics that trust is built with the diplomatic community who than have to relay the message back to their countries when we need other countries to tour us.
    So we use mediocre performances as a means to celebrate and build diplomatic relationships? What are you even talking about man

  77. #77
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    23,208
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    So we use mediocre performances as a means to celebrate and build diplomatic relationships? What are you even talking about man
    we were runner ups

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    8,846
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Please allow me to list Pakistan’s achievements in 2022:

    - lost a home Test series to Australia
    - drew a Test series in Sri Lanka
    - reached the Asia Cup Final.
    - lost a well fought home T20I series England team 4-3
    - won the tri-series in New Zealand
    - reached the T20 WC final

    There is one word that describes Pakistani cricketers this year: achievers
    .
    Amended some of your words to reflect the accurate picture.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    10,411
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Amended some of your words to reflect the accurate picture.
    Oh boy you really are a minnow

  80. #80
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    96,937
    Mentioned
    7989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Amended some of your words to reflect the accurate picture.
    If Pakistani fans thinking losing two finals, losing a home Test and ODI series makes this a successful year then it sums up the low expectations of the fans. It reinforces the belief that Pakistan is now a small team and therefore, with small expectations.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •