Debut: Apr 2010
Runs: 387
Strength, Power, Endurance training plans for fast bowlers

Anyone have any info on the above?
Old 28th November 2011, 19:20
Local Club Captain

Debut: Jan 2011
Runs: 2,277
Try the plank test everyday for 2 mins. Will give you a strong torso, and put less strain on you body.
Old 28th November 2011, 22:48
Senior T20I Player

Debut: Oct 2010
Venue: UK
Runs: 32,875
Exactly what I need to know, I want to increase my pace as I have a good action. Can swing and seam it both ways and I have good line and length however I just need to increase my pace and my stamina.
Old 29th November 2011, 23:22
Tape Ball Regular

Debut: Dec 2010
Runs: 452
I was able to increase my pace by working on my shoulder/back and forearm muscles. Everything else I kept the same in terms of run-up and action.
Old 30th November 2011, 00:05
PPCL Best Bowler

Debut: Nov 2005
Venue: Brisbane, Australia
Runs: 12,614
This was a question asked in the 'Ask the Expert' Section on Fast bowling:

Quote:
Akamaka/Hando/yamibone: Could you suggest some exercises for fast bowlers to maintain a high level of stamina and keep their speed up? What muscles do I need to work on in the gym to help me bowl faster?

Mohammad Haroon: There are two types of exercises a fast bowler can do - one is aerobic and the other is anaerobic. What I have seen sometime is that fast bowlers are doing weight training in an aerobic way, which is not helpful.

If you want to increase stamina, then you have to do longer exercise like treadmill, swimming and rowing machine with 50% intensity but for a longer period of time, which is 20-25 minutes. That will help increase the stamina.

If you want to increase power, that needs to be anaerobic exercises which can be weight training, sprints or whichever part of the body you wants to work on. But it has to be done in one breath. Idea is to do these exercises in sets. Do one set for 30 seconds with intensity of 80-90% and then take a one minute break before the next set. That will improve your power. The idea is our lungs need to be full of oxygen when you do the power exercises.
http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ghlight=expert