Go Back   PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum > Sport > Cricket

Share This Forum!  

Old 11th January 2011, 02:14
T20I Debutant

Debut: Nov 2010
Venue: Amreeka
Runs: 6,984
Spot-Fixing Trial DAY 6 - News & Discussion Thread

This is it. The last day of the trial. The verdict will most likely be given today.

Jang and "its sources" are predicting a life ban on , 5 year ban of , and a 3 year ban on

I dont know about you but I am actually worried (not about )
I wish Aamer and Asif could play in the WC

Hopefully they give out the verdict quickly, lets just get this done and over with already.. too much waiting.
Old 11th January 2011, 02:16
ODI Debutant

Runs: 9,450
A life ban would probably be appropriate on Butt. No way they can pull a 5-fer on Asif, where is the evidence? Even if they do it'll probably be repealed faster than lightning. 2-3 years is acceptable for Amir, he needs more than a slap in the hand.

It'll be a life lesson for Amir at least - actions have consequences.
Old 11th January 2011, 02:17
First Class Star

Debut: Nov 2009
Venue: Calgary
Runs: 3,420
how many hrs left till verdict ?
Old 11th January 2011, 02:19
ODI Debutant

Debut: Feb 2010
Runs: 9,201
I hope Amir only gets six months and a heavy fine. Six months starting in August 2010, so he would be able to play the WC. Asif on sub continent pitches and in LOI matches is not that effective. But we need a fast bowler.

Shoaib, Gul and Amir with Wahab on stand-by would be a very good fast bowling unit.
Old 11th January 2011, 02:20
First Class Player

Debut: Aug 2006
Runs: 3,012
theres no guarantee the verdict comes out today:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/c...ry/496254.html
Old 11th January 2011, 02:23
T20I Debutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawad2010
I hope Amir only gets six months and a heavy fine. Six months starting in August 2010, so he would be able to play the WC. Asif on sub continent pitches and in LOI matches is not that effective. But we need a fast bowler.

Shoaib, Gul and Amir with Wahab on stand-by would be a very good fast bowling unit.
not a chance
Old 11th January 2011, 02:23
ODI Debutant

Debut: Feb 2010
Runs: 9,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahid Afridi's Fan
not a chance
I know but one can hope...
Old 11th January 2011, 02:28
Local Club Regular

Runs: 852
3 years for Aamer, 5 years for Asif means that their careers would most probably be over.

these bans are not just for international cricket, they will not be allowed to play at the domestic level either..
Old 11th January 2011, 02:29
Tape Ball Regular

Debut: Sep 2010
Venue: Australia
Runs: 565
i was thinking the same and just saw your comments but i have just read Jang online news that
Amir is out for 3 yrs
Asif 5 years
and Butt is out for the but of his life
Old 11th January 2011, 02:33
Tape Ball Regular

Venue: Australia
Runs: 565
how the hell jang can predict the verdict by their own , they have given in the online news with Big heading that Asif , Amir, Butt are out for 5 , 3 , life respectively
Old 11th January 2011, 02:40
Junior Player

Debut: Jun 2010
Runs: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by zainkhan
how the hell jang can predict the verdict by their own , they have given in the online news with Big heading that Asif , Amir, Butt are out for 5 , 3 , life respectively
I read Jang newspaper daily. One thing i can tell you is that their sources are very reliable. Jang always seem to know whats going on in pakistan cricket and within PCB. They always tell a day ago who will be playing the next match, and who is not playing.

I also read on Jang that kamran akmal is highly unlikey to be part of the 15 man squad for the world cup. ICC still feel that he was part of the spot fixing and will not be cleared to play the world cup.
Old 11th January 2011, 02:44
ODI Debutant

Debut: Dec 2009
Venue: Toronto
Runs: 9,936
Verdict is not 100% today but it is likely.
Likely to be at 9:00 AM GMT time.
Old 11th January 2011, 02:47
First Class Player

Debut: Mar 2010
Venue: Younistan
Runs: 2,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by PakistanPaindabad
3 years for Aamer, 5 years for Asif means that their careers would most probably be over.

these bans are not just for international cricket, they will not be allowed to play at the domestic level either..
Not really, Aameer after three years is still only 22
Old 11th January 2011, 02:47
First Class Player

Debut: Jan 2005
Venue: Canada
Runs: 2,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by bablu_2010
I read Jang newspaper daily. One thing i can tell you is that their sources are very reliable. Jang always seem to know whats going on in pakistan cricket and within PCB. They always tell a day ago who will be playing the next match, and who is not playing.

I also read on Jang that kamran akmal is highly unlikey to be part of the 15 man squad for the world cup. ICC still feel that he was part of the spot fixing and will not be cleared to play the world cup.
Yeah ok its 6: 40 am in Doha right now, how can jang possibly know the ruling when its not even made yet? unless jang's source are the judges themselves these are mere predictions.

Last edited by Shayan_Sohail; 11th January 2011 at 02:50.
Old 11th January 2011, 02:50
Pakpassion Statistics Guru

Debut: Feb 2006
Venue: USA
Runs: 26,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismailtoca
Not really, Aameer after three years is still only 22
Asif is 28 and after 5 years he will be 33. Pretty much done.
Old 11th January 2011, 02:51
Junior Player

Runs: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayan_Sohail
Yeah ok its 6: 40 am in Doha right now, how can jang possibly know the ruling when its not even made yet? unless jang's source are the judges themselves these are mere predictions.
lol I have no idea, I am just saying that Jang wouldn't publish such news if it wasn't reliable. We will find out soon though lol...
Old 11th January 2011, 02:56
ODI Star

Debut: May 2007
Venue: NYC
Runs: 23,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricfan967
Verdict is not 100% today but it is likely.
Likely to be at 9:00 AM GMT time.
So it'll be 4:00 AM here on the East coast. Getting ready for some depressing news when I wake up, if I can fall asleep that is.
Old 11th January 2011, 02:56
First Class Player

Runs: 2,735
Quote:
lol I have no idea, I am just saying that Jang wouldn't publish such news if it wasn't reliable. We will find out soon though lol...
Lol yeah we will see I guess
Old 11th January 2011, 03:03
Hall of Famer

Runs: 61,449
The big day. My advice to people would be to expect the worst [for the three players] - hopefully we won't see any over-dramatic threads made in shock on PP tomorrow.
Old 11th January 2011, 03:10
T20I Debutant

Debut: Jun 2008
Venue: The Den...
Runs: 7,542
for all i care all 3 can get life bans, i dont understand the support amir is getting so what if he was young and talented while we sat there praying and hoping he was making a few quick bucks by selling out the team and country.
Old 11th January 2011, 03:13
Senior Test Match Player

Debut: Jan 2008
Runs: 38,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledger
The big day. My advice to people would be to expect the worst [for the three players] - hopefully we won't see any over-dramatic threads made in shock on PP tomorrow.
Exactly.

I am going into this feeling all will get life bans.

Thus, I won't be disappointed in the end...unless they all get life bans that is.
Old 11th January 2011, 03:14
Local Club Regular

Runs: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli786
for all i care all 3 can get life bans, i dont understand the support amir is getting so what if he was young and talented while we sat there praying and hoping he was making a few quick bucks by selling out the team and country.
SPOT fixing man SPOT fixing!
its NO big crime!
he didn't sell out the team and country!
i would've done the same
Old 11th January 2011, 03:18
T20I Debutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomousx
SPOT fixing man SPOT fixing!
its NO big crime!
he didn't sell out the team and country!
i would've done the same
Spot fixing? thats all that has been revealed. the sri lanka ODI when afridi hit the 100 we lost that because 'spot fixers' were at they dirty games, you might think it was just spot fixing but you think they cant do it for full matchs? iy probably isnt hard when your opening batsmen and opening bowlers also.

He might have just been involved in spot-fixing but when you get away with it a few times you escalate and play for more money
Old 11th January 2011, 03:19
T20I Debutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inswinger
So it'll be 4:00 AM here on the East coast. Getting ready for some depressing news when I wake up, if I can fall asleep that is.
same man. It will be very sad if they get big time bans.
I have a test tomorrow too.. dont know if I can focus
Old 11th January 2011, 03:32
Tape Ball Regular

Debut: Apr 2010
Runs: 349
For the trio to get banned, all the icc lawyers have to do is to prove the video recordings was made before the no balls were bowled and trhen there is no way in this world that they can get away.
Old 11th January 2011, 03:35
ODI Star

Debut: Jan 2010
Venue: Lala Land- COAS
Runs: 23,689
All will get life bans. We dont need cheaters like these in our team.
Old 11th January 2011, 03:35
Tape Ball Regular

Venue: New York
Runs: 580
i ll be very sad if the three cuplrits dont get life ban..
Old 11th January 2011, 03:40
First Class Captain

Debut: Jul 2006
Venue: England
Runs: 4,892
no emotions. They should get banned no matter how good they are
Old 11th January 2011, 03:42
T20I Debutant

njamal574 and msmkt I agree 110%
Old 11th January 2011, 03:47
Tape Ball Star

Venue: California
Runs: 1,217
prepare for life ban on Butt, 3 years on Asif and a 1 for Amir (if he gets to play his age card).

Be thankful if anything better is received.
Old 11th January 2011, 03:48
Local Club Regular

Debut: Apr 2010
Venue: New York
Runs: 634
hopefully people dont get their hopes high for these three to get clear or at least Amir

i know ill wake up at 6am to go to college and see the news that will ruin my day

i expect alot of PP members to get banned tomorrow for some of their posts

if a miracle does happen tomorrow and Amir gets cleared im sure all the people saying they want life bans for all will come out and say they are happy he was cleared...which i dont expect he will

btw does anyone know if there is a camera in their so after the verdict we will see what happened
Old 11th January 2011, 03:49
Local Club Captain

Debut: Aug 2010
Venue: Toronto/Karachi
Runs: 2,264
Everyone should think about it this way, even if the worst case scenario comes through, and all three get life bans, can you imagine how much pain/hurt we would save from having to deal with this kind of issue (hopefully) in the future. Think about the precedent that will get set for future generations.
Old 11th January 2011, 04:05
ODI Debutant

Runs: 9,450
12:00 and no news - I'm off to bed for the night folks, will wake up in the morning to a sea of blood due to the life bans, night!
Old 11th January 2011, 04:08
Local Club Star

Venue: Dubai
Runs: 1,692
Quote:

Jang is usually spot in when it comes to matters relating to Pakistan cricket involving Pakistani officials who like to blab alot (hence the unnamed sources).

In this case the ICC tribunal has been extremely tight lipped. There have been no leaks regarding the trial. The verdict is to be given by Beloff and his team who I am sure are not talking to anyone in Jang.

The verdicts given by Jang are pure speculation in this case in my opinion
Old 11th January 2011, 04:08
T20I Debutant

enough of these life bans blah blah

No way a player can be life banned for SPOT FIXING.
I dont believe Jang and their silly sources.
Old 11th January 2011, 04:09
Local Club Regular

Debut: Nov 2005
Runs: 635
man u guys are so gullible. It's like some movie where the man commits the crime, jailed for 3 years and the next scene is that relatives are standing outside and greeting him so he can start where he stopped. 3 years is a long time, there would be other bowlers by that time in the line up and this game is all about momentum. Some of you won't even remember him after that time, he has to play competitive cricket to get back in th groove, his confidence would have been smashed by that time, a cheaters tag, with domestic games that if PCB lets him. Butt, Asif and Aamir are done..move along and hope there aren't anymore like them still in the team. Although, its blindin obvious, they are
Old 11th January 2011, 04:15
T20I Debutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECB
man u guys are so gullible. It's like some movie where the man commits the crime, jailed for 3 years and the next scene is that relatives are standing outside and greeting him so he can start where he stopped. 3 years is a long time, there would be other bowlers by that time in the line up and this game is all about momentum. Some of you won't even remember him after that time, he has to play competitive cricket to get back in th groove, his confidence would have been smashed by that time, a cheaters tag, with domestic games that if PCB lets him. Butt, Asif and Aamir are done..move along and hope there aren't anymore like them still in the team. Although, its blindin obvious, they are
Talent like Aamir? I doubt we find someone like him in the next decade. In the end when its all said and done (when he retires) people will not remember him for spot fixing, they will remember him for the talent he had.. Much like Wasim, a known fixer--even though never convicted.
Old 11th January 2011, 04:27
Tape Ball Star

Debut: Feb 2005
Runs: 1,069
Quote:
enough of these life bans blah blah

No way a player can be life banned for SPOT FIXING.
I dont believe Jang and their silly sources.
They certainly can. Go and read the ICC codes under sanctions.
Old 11th January 2011, 04:32
Local Club Regular

Runs: 635
Quote:
Talent like Aamir? I doubt we find someone like him in the next decade. In the end when its all said and done (when he retires) people will not remember him for spot fixing, they will remember him for the talent he had.. Much like Wasim, a known fixer--even though never convicted.
vow, he's hardly been around, every new flower blossoms..what coulda shoulda is still hanging on the verdict tomorrow. You doubt Pak fast bowling factory? sorry but hard to focus on the "I am sorry, I am young, I made a mistake..well then so is butt, why ppl are OK with him to go? just coz he's not in form
Not only you guys are gullible but also selfish, if it wasn't for his wicket taking ability, no one would care for him that much. You want to see some justice, subtract the time he was wearing cannabis t-shirt and just get in the team and pat on his back saying "sure, it happens..but dont do it again, just go and get us wickets" what is cheating, looks warne did it, and he was a legend..here is the carpet and here is broom
Old 11th January 2011, 04:33
Tape Ball Captain

Runs: 1,755
I have a feeling Aamir will be banned for life aswell.
Old 11th January 2011, 04:51
Tape Ball Star

Debut: Mar 2010
Runs: 1,217
Just saw on NDTV news that the possible outcome may be:

1) - may be banned for 7 years
2) - may be banned for 5 years
3) - may be banned for 2 years.
Old 11th January 2011, 05:05
Senior Test Match Player

Debut: Jan 2008
Runs: 38,886
^
They will obviously release it to all of the press at one time.

Thus, don't believe Jang or NDTV at the moment. These are just educated guesses at the moment.
Old 11th January 2011, 05:06
First Class Star

Runs: 3,767
Quote:
Spot-Fixing Trial DAY 6
When does the free trial expire so we can see the full version?
Old 11th January 2011, 05:11
ODI Debutant

Debut: Oct 2009
Venue: Bangkok
Runs: 12,710
PP, legend!
Old 11th January 2011, 05:13
ODI Debutant

Debut: Jun 2009
Venue: Your home
Runs: 11,391
Quote:

PLEASE DO NOT EVER SAY THIS AGAIN

Check this epic revelation by Jang in the thread below where they said "Rana Naved is 25 years old". Date and Page # of newspaper is also mentioned.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...d.php?t=107983
Old 11th January 2011, 05:15
Local Club Star

Debut: Apr 2006
Runs: 1,331
NDTV guess feeling better than Jung
Old 11th January 2011, 05:15
Tape Ball Captain

Debut: Feb 2007
Runs: 1,821
Rashid Latiff thinks they'll all walk scott free.
Old 11th January 2011, 05:19
ODI Debutant

Venue: The GCC...
Runs: 12,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingusama92
^
They will obviously release it to all of the press at one time.

Thus, don't believe Jang or NDTV at the moment. These are just educated guesses at the moment.
Indeed.

Though I wouldn't call them "educated" guesses.

It is illiterate BS of the highest order.

These are three top international judges - who have not yet commenced their actual deliberations to reach a verdict, and even once they do, such deliberations would be between the three of them, even the judges' clerks wouldn't know what's being discussed - so would these three very experienced and senior judges leak their inner-most thoughts on Day 3 and Day 4 to idiotic and ill-informed Pakistani and Indian journalists?

Perhaps, but I would "guess" that is highly unlikely.

In any case - if (ie when) the three are found guilty, reasoned judgements would be required by the three defendants. That would take time and probably would not come out today. Once it comes out, it will form the basis of the submissions on sentences. Those submissions would be reviewed by the Judges in their deliberations to decide appropriate sentences.

Hence, there is very little possibility of the actual sanctions in the event of a guilty verdict being announced today - IMHO.

I could be wrong of course, but I would submit that my guess here is more 'educated' than those by the idiots on Pakistani and Indian media.

... hor gunnay choopoo ...

Last edited by ShehryarK; 11th January 2011 at 05:20.
Old 11th January 2011, 05:32
Local Club Regular

Debut: Sep 2009
Runs: 924
The big question is how will PCB handle this.

Lets say they get banned for 2 years, after serving their ban should they be welcomed back into the team like nothing has happened?

Will the public ever trust them again?

Let the ICC ban them for a few years, the national board should have their own trial and punishment.

If guilty, they have sold out their country, they should not be allowed to wear their national colours again. Apart from Aamer. Give him another chance. Too young.
Old 11th January 2011, 05:37
Test Match Debutant

Debut: Jan 2006
Runs: 13,321
I don't think Amir can escape any ban after that tshirt that he wore.
Old 11th January 2011, 05:41
ODI Debutant

Debut: Jan 2006
Venue: Behind you
Runs: 12,831
We should organise a betting syndicate to bet on this outcome.

Who's in?
Old 11th January 2011, 05:42
Local Club Regular

Debut: Dec 2008
Venue: UK, Bradford
Runs: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayan_Sohail
Many observers and people believe that the decision was made even before this trial started..... This whole trial is basically just a showcase, I'm pretty sure the icc made up their minds before the trial started and are likely to stick to their guns
Old 11th January 2011, 05:45
Local Club Regular

Runs: 639
ban em all for life ,we all know this has been going on for ages and is the only way to clean up our team .
plus we'll have 3 or 4 fast bowlers coming up anyway not like we've a shortage in that department .

dirty little cheating .........
Old 11th January 2011, 05:47
ODI Debutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoomAfridi
This whole trial is basically just a showcase, I'm pretty sure the icc made up their minds before the trial started and are likely to stick to their guns
The ICC making up its mind is completely irrelevant since the ICC is not making the decision. It is only prosecuting and presenting the (mostly NOTW) evidence

I don't think anyone seriously imagines that three very senior, experienced and accomplished international Judges would put their reputations, their legacy and in fact, their life's work, on the line by being involved in corruption for the sake of one petty trial involving three minor miscreants!

Even the suggestion is ludicrous - that's not how these things work.

Old 11th January 2011, 05:53
ODI Debutant

If only the NOTW didn't exist..

But then we'd still have these cheats in the team, fixing every game. Never mind.
Old 11th January 2011, 05:54
T20I Star

Venue: Dharti par
Runs: 18,767
So how are these 'sources' coming up with the numbers for these life-bans? Random number generator I presume.
Old 11th January 2011, 05:56
ODI Debutant

Runs: 11,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShehryarK
The ICC making up its mind is completely irrelevant since the ICC is not making the decision. It is only prosecuting and presenting the (mostly NOTW) evidence

I don't think anyone seriously imagines that three very senior, experienced and accomplished international Judges would put their reputations, their legacy and in fact, their life's work, on the line by being involved in corruption for the sake of one petty trial involving three minor miscreants!

Even the suggestion is ludicrous - that's not how these things work.
I am concerned with their head...he shouldn't have listened to players' appeals if he wanted to hear the main proceedings...
Old 11th January 2011, 06:00
First Class Captain

Venue: Zero Point
Runs: 5,822
Most of the Posters here posting their Thoughts without knowing the latest Updates of the hearings..
Old 11th January 2011, 06:03
Test Match Star

Debut: Dec 2007
Runs: 26,315
They might release the verdict and sentences today, then follow up with written judgements. Depends how that system works really.

Would be nice for all concerned to get it over and done with, this has gone on far too long.
Old 11th January 2011, 06:04
First Class Player

Venue: USA
Runs: 2,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khabri420
So how are these 'sources' coming up with the numbers for these life-bans? Random number generator I presume.
Everyone's throwing out numbers so they can be like ;

OMG I TOLD YOU SO!

Here's mine; life, life, 3.
Old 11th January 2011, 06:07
Tape Ball Captain

Runs: 1,902
When are we going to find out???? England time please???
Old 11th January 2011, 06:07
Tape Ball Captain

Debut: Dec 2008
Runs: 2,193
Minimum would be a life ban on all these three players IF they are guilty. Nothing less than that as this would set a precedence for all the future incidents.

All the news channels and experts are indicating that the evidence is against all the three players. I do not understand on what basis people here would support these three guys if they are charged with this crime.
Old 11th January 2011, 06:08
ODI Debutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwaar
I am concerned with their head...he shouldn't have listened to players' appeals if he wanted to hear the main proceedings...
Agreed, that would have been best practice.

However, the two cases are markedly different and have very different arguments. Hence, any half-decent judge would know and understand that decision in one has no relevance to the decision in the other. And this guy is a lot better than a 'half-decent' judge!

Old 11th January 2011, 06:20
First Class Star

Runs: 3,974
Geo is reporting that the media has been invited to the hearing for the first time, indicating that at least a verdict might be read out today. 1PM Pakistan time.
Old 11th January 2011, 06:25
Local Club Star

Debut: Apr 2009
Runs: 1,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by saqlain
Minimum would be a life ban on all these three players IF they are guilty. Nothing less than that as this would set a precedence for all the future incidents.

All the news channels and experts are indicating that the evidence is against all the three players. I do not understand on what basis people here would support these three guys if they are charged with this crime.

Ditto!
Old 11th January 2011, 06:26
Tape Ball Star

Debut: Jan 2009
Venue: Brampton, Ontario
Runs: 1,271
1PM Pakistan time? Thats in 30 minutes!
Old 11th January 2011, 06:31
Local Club Captain

Venue: Lahore
Runs: 2,245
Good, i will be in cafe on my lunch break that time..
Old 11th January 2011, 06:34
First Class Star

Now Geo is reporting that the verdict is expected in 8 hours. They also have a clip of their correspondent speaking to Amir where Amir says he hasn't been able to slee

- "I'm hoping for the best"
- (Geo correspondent pointed to his eyes and said it looked like he hadn't slept much) "Jab tension hoti hai toh neendain urr jati hain. Aap keh saktay hain kay umeed kay liyay aankhain khuli hui hain, jab umeed puri ho jaye gee toh inshallah yay band ho jayen gi."
- "Jab qaum ki duaain hoan toh darnay ki baat nahi hai"
-
Old 11th January 2011, 06:35
First Class Captain

Venue: Paris
Runs: 5,831
Ok again last time before the verdict.
I hope Butt is life banned.
And i changed my view on the other two.
Asif can get free of charge and Amir should have a litle ban because otherwise every yougster will be tempted...
Old 11th January 2011, 06:36
First Class Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanakazmi
Now Geo is reporting that the verdict is expected in 8 hours. They also have a clip of their correspondent speaking to Amir where Amir says he hasn't been able to slee

- "I'm hoping for the best"
- (Geo correspondent pointed to his eyes and said it looked like he hadn't slept much) "Jab tension hoti hai toh neendain urr jati hain. Aap keh saktay hain kay umeed kay liyay aankhain khuli hui hain, jab umeed puri ho jaye gee toh inshallah yay band ho jayen gi."
- "Jab qaum ki duaain hoan toh darnay ki baat nahi hai"
-
No plss not in 8 hours...
I am waiting and can't do anything else till i don't have this verdict.
Old 11th January 2011, 06:36
Local Club Captain

Venue: Toronto/Karachi
Runs: 2,264
My prediction: Butt 7 years, Aamer 2 years, Asif the Don: innocent
Old 11th January 2011, 06:38
First Class Star

Runs: 3,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by saqlain

You wouldn't understand because you're an Indian, and probably dancing with joy when we're down, all while constantly trying to pass off as a Pakistani in this forum.
Old 11th January 2011, 06:38
Tape Ball Star

Debut: Feb 2009
Venue: LALA-LAND-Ambassador to KASHMIR
Runs: 1,238
cricinfo..................Spot-fixing controversy

Amir's lawyer requests deferred verdict
Osman Samiuddin in Doha
January 11, 2011
Be the first to comment | Login via | Text size: A | A

Mohammad Amir's lawyer has asked for a deferred judgement © Associated Press
Enlarge
Related Links
News : Differences between Butt and Asif grow
News : Spot-fixing hearing endgame begins
News : ICC makes its case against suspended players
In Focus: Match-fixing
Players/Officials: Mohammad Amir
Teams: Pakistan
Mohammad Amir's legal counsel has requested the ICC's three-man tribunal examining the charges of spot-fixing to take more time to study the case before announcing its verdict. The closing statements of the six-day hearing were presented on Tuesday morning and while the verdict was expected later in the day, Amir's laywer Shahid Karim was hoping for a deferment.

"We have requested the judges to look at the case carefully and properly and with due consideration before they announce the verdict," Karim told Geo TV. "This is up to them, and if they have looked at it with thought and consideration, then after we finish they'll tell us if the verdict is announced today or at a later date.

"I am satisfied that the hearing has been very good and impartial, and I can say from our point of view at least we are hopeful. The onus is now on the judges."

Amir, who was alleged to have bowled no-balls to order in the Lord's Test, was philosophical. "When the nation's prayers are with you, you don't feel so scared and there is hope. It's been difficult to sleep over the last few nights but my eyes are open now and when good news comes I will hopefully be able to close them properly.

"We are satisfied with how things have gone, and my family's prayers are also with me. I'm feeling good and am hoping for some good news."

Osman Samiuddin is Pakistan editor of Cricinfo

Feeds: Osman Samiuddin
© ESPN EMEA Ltd....
Old 11th January 2011, 06:39
Local Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by osee_bhai
Butt is going for life for sure... He must be..
Amir should have played as smart as The DON
Old 11th January 2011, 06:39
First Class Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by osee_bhai
That will be a very fair verdict i think.
I think both parties, agaisnt the players and for the players will equally by happy.
Old 11th January 2011, 06:41
First Class Star

Looks like Osman is watching Geo too, heh:
Quote:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...ry/496288.html

Amir's lawyer requests deferred verdict
Osman Samiuddin in Doha
January 11, 2011
Be the first to comment | Post yours as Sana Kazmi | Text size: A | A

Mohammad Amir's legal counsel has requested the ICC's three-man tribunal examining the charges of spot-fixing to take more time to study the case before announcing its verdict. The closing statements of the six-day hearing were presented on Tuesday morning and while the verdict was expected later in the day, Amir's laywer Shahid Karim was hoping for a deferment.

"We have requested the judges to look at the case carefully and properly and with due consideration before they announce the verdict," Karim told Geo TV. "This is up to them, and if they have looked at it with thought and consideration, then after we finish they'll tell us if the verdict is announced today or at a later date.

"I am satisfied that the hearing has been very good and impartial, and I can say from our point of view at least we are hopeful. The onus is now on the judges."

Amir, who was alleged to have bowled no-balls to order in the Lord's Test, was philosophical. "When the nation's prayers are with you, you don't feel so scared and there is hope. It's been difficult to sleep over the last few nights but my eyes are open now and when good news comes I will hopefully be able to close them properly.

"We are satisfied with how things have gone, and my family's prayers are also with me. I'm feeling good and am hoping for some good news."
Old 11th January 2011, 06:50
T20I Star

Debut: May 2009
Runs: 20,157
update? When is the announcement due?
Old 11th January 2011, 06:51
ODI Debutant

Expecting the worst.
Old 11th January 2011, 06:51
Local Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanakazmi
Looks like Osman is watching Geo too, heh:

Quote:
My feeling, and has screwed butt's case and made their better. Should have been like that as well!
Old 11th January 2011, 06:53
Tape Ball Star

Runs: 1,069
The players are happy that the process has been impartial, hopefully that will deal with some of the conspiracy nutters.