User Name Password
Go Back   PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum > Sport > Cricket


Share This Forum!  
 
 
     
 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 7th March 2013, 16:14
SOSami's Avatar
SOSami SOSami is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Apr 2006
Runs: 11,518
Mohammad Amir on TV in Pakistan.

Mohammad Amir "Aaqib Javed really helped me at the NCA particularly with my inswinger as I was struggling to bowl it."

Mohammad Amir "I met Mazhar Majeed on the tour of Australia. He took me out shopping with other Pak players."

Mohammad Amir "Majeed and the shop owner said that we all could have clothes etc for free but none of us took up the offer. He impressed me though."

Mohammad Amir "Money was never an issue. I was being paid well and I wasn't greedy for more money."

Mohammad Amir "ICC did not issue me with any warnings regarding my associates at or before the T20 World Cup in 2010 in the West Indies."

Mohammad Amir "The 2010 T20 world cup defeat to Australia was not fixed in my opinion. Hussey's innings was amazing. He had the momentum."

Mohammad Amir "I never had a feeling that there was anything untoward going on in the Pakistan dressing room whilst I played."

Mohammad Amir "The allegations of me having a mobile phone in my helmet were totally fabricated by the media and false. The ACSU agreed with me."

Mohammad Amir "I never really read the code of conduct. I just signed it and handed it back to the PCB."

Mohammad Amir "We were warned before the tour of England to keep out of trouble as nearly all prior tours of England had been controversial."

Mohammad Amir "Afridi when he retired said to us that he wasn't fit enough for Test cricket, he never said that it was due to doubts over team mates."

Mohammad Amir "A team mate suggested to me that there was easy money to be made from cricket, but I ignored him and told him to behave himself."

Mohammad Amir "I never had any ideas that the individual who contacted me in Dubai had any alterior motives. I thought he was just a fan."

Mohammad Amir "I bowled the no balls as I was trapped by the scenario that had been created by my team mates. I felt used."

Mohammad Amir "I reiterate that money was never the issue. I had been offered a huge deal by Yorkshire CCC so money was not a concern for me."

Mohammad Amir "I had been offered the biggest county cricket contract in history. So why would I do such a thing for money. Greed wasn't the reason."

Mohammad Amir "When I was approached by the individual in Dubai I should have gone to the Pak team management. It was the biggest mistake of my life."

Mohammad Amir "If I had gone to the team management back then I would currently have been sat in South Africa on tour not on this TV show."

Mohammad Amir "After the NOTW story broke I was ill with cramps and couldn't eat at all. I was a wreck."

Mohammad Amir "Team mates said to me that I should reveal all to the ICC. But there was an issue regarding trust. I wasn't sure who to trust."

Mohammad Amir "When I pleaded guilty my brother received threats. There were also other threats directed at me."

Mohammad Amir "When I pleaded guilty, it felt like a burden had been removed. My legal team stated that pleading guilty would help me in future too."

Mohammad Amir "I want to come back to cricket and play well but also be a good ambassador for Pakistan whenever I get the chance."

Mohammad Amir "I had friends who would phone me 20 times a day when I was famous. Nowadays they don't even give me a missed call."

Mohammad Amir "When I was in custody in the UK I never phoned home for 7 days as I was so upset & embarrassed. I was well looked after there though."

Mohammad Amir "when I was in custody, I told my legal team to announce that I'd never play cricket again. But there was a lot of support around me."

Mohammad Amir "I'm into the 3rd year of my ban. It's up to ICC if they will show some leniency in reducing my ban. But I'm looking forward not back."
__________________
Big Cats...The Pride of PPCL.

Last edited by SOSami; 7th March 2013 at 18:09.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 7th March 2013, 17:26
farazaidi's Avatar
farazaidi farazaidi is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Aug 2010
Runs: 7,716
ofcourse we believe you Amir ! now can you please remain silent for like a minute only?
__________________
Hammad Azam - Remember the name !
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 7th March 2013, 17:27
zains_rulez's Avatar
zains_rulez zains_rulez is offline
First Class Player
 
Debut: Mar 2010
Venue: Karachi
Runs: 2,827
Its seems to be the only Mohammad Aamir will be facing full ban , Mohammad Asif may clear CAS hearing and Salmat butt too.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 7th March 2013, 17:30
Bouncer's Avatar
Bouncer Bouncer is offline
Tape Ball Captain
 
Debut: Feb 2005
Runs: 1,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by zains_rulez
Its seems to be the only Mohammad Aamir will be facing full ban , Mohammad Asif may clear CAS hearing and Salmat butt too.
Where does it say that Asif/Butt have chances of getting cleared?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 7th March 2013, 17:41
Leeon1994's Avatar
Leeon1994 Leeon1994 is offline
Tape Ball Regular
 
Debut: Feb 2013
Venue: Pakistan
Runs: 379
I was reading in a thread, Aamir took name of Kamran Akmal with Salman Butt too right? I am not surprised.

P.S. I dont get one thing, Butt and Asif both got 2 years suspended from their punishment but Aamir didnt got any, He is at 5 year ban since the start.

Last edited by Leeon1994; 7th March 2013 at 17:42.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 7th March 2013, 17:43
TAK's Avatar
TAK TAK is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Feb 2006
Runs: 5,900
the more i hear the more i hope his ban remains

big talent sad loss blah blah blah

guilty and shouldn't be given a platform by pak passion to air his nonesense

bye bye amir enjoy the ganja
__________________

کجھ شہر دے لوک وی ظالم سن
کجھ مینوں مرن دا شوق وی سی
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 7th March 2013, 17:44
Shayan's Avatar
Shayan Shayan is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Jan 2005
Venue: Leeds
Runs: 12,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeon1994
I was reading in a thread, Aamir took name of Kamran Akmal with Salman Butt too right? I am not surprised.

P.S. I dont get one thing, Butt and Asif both got 2 years suspended from their punishment but Aamir didnt got any, He is at 5 year ban since the start.
Suspended means it is added on if they do anything else wrong.

Amir technically got the most leniently sentence, the other two both got 5 years plus some suspended.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 7th March 2013, 17:57
Executioner's Avatar
Executioner Executioner is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Mar 2012
Runs: 8,172
I believe Amir, he did it all for fun
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 7th March 2013, 18:08
mudassir84 mudassir84 is offline
Tape Ball Regular
 
Debut: Dec 2012
Runs: 300
Re: "Money was never an issue. I was being paid well and I wasn't greedy" : Mohammad

I hope he returns soon and as he himself said be a good ambasador for pak.

Sent from my A2 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 7th March 2013, 18:13
FarhanZZZ FarhanZZZ is offline
Local Club Regular
 
Debut: Feb 2013
Runs: 716
I want to believe the kid, but he does make it really hard. No way as an 18 yr old I dont go report such an incident to my team's management. And all these unnamed teammates trying to entice him, still unnamed? *facepalm*

Will be happy once he's back though.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 7th March 2013, 18:16
endymion248's Avatar
endymion248 endymion248 is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Dec 2012
Runs: 6,000
He was only paid 5000£ for the no-balls, while he had a 100k£ contract in county cricket.

Either, he got more than the 5000 figure that was used in the trial, either he did it for Salman Butt and Asif.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 7th March 2013, 18:17
abc_to_xyz's Avatar
abc_to_xyz abc_to_xyz is offline
PakPassion Design Team
 
Debut: Feb 2009
Venue: Earth
Runs: 4,941
There are many corrupt people in Pakistan, he admitted it atleast.. Should be given a chance..
__________________
<3 Pakistan <3 Islam
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 7th March 2013, 18:36
rockers2012 rockers2012 is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Nov 2012
Runs: 1,134
i wish he had spent some time with his childhood hero wasim akram for out the field tricks , he would still be playing. AS they say, dad is always a dad and kid is always a kid.

Time to move on, do some business and get busy
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 7th March 2013, 18:39
Avenger Avenger is offline
Tape Ball Regular
 
Debut: Aug 2006
Runs: 533
He was sentenced, once he serves that sentence he has done his time, if his form and fitness in domestic cricket allows him to come back, he cant be stopped.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 7th March 2013, 18:48
PennOne PennOne is offline
Local Club Regular
 
Debut: Jun 2011
Runs: 977
He at least admitted it. Wasim Akram never admitted anything and is now considered the best left arm bowler by majority cricketers and ppers. The only reason Wasim got scott free was because of his influence in cricket

Last edited by PennOne; 7th March 2013 at 18:49.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 7th March 2013, 19:00
Hussey_fan Hussey_fan is offline
Junior Player
 
Debut: Feb 2013
Runs: 267
go to jail again or not,money was an issue or not , who cares?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 7th March 2013, 19:04
Cricfan4eva's Avatar
Cricfan4eva Cricfan4eva is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Jul 2011
Venue: India
Runs: 4,919
How can people trust him? Didn't he do an interview right after the incident saying how it was all a conspiracy vs Pakistan?

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 7th March 2013, 19:27
Pak_legend Pak_legend is offline
Tape Ball Regular
 
Debut: Sep 2012
Runs: 593
I find it really difficult to believe his 'innocent boy' story

And Just goes to show the heart of Afridi. Aamer was told to stay away from him because Afridi was 'jealous' Yet Afridi was one of the only people who kept checking up on aamer to see how he was coping.

Ban should stay in place
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 7th March 2013, 19:33
talha3 talha3 is offline
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Jun 2010
Runs: 14,334
Amir is growing up. He's getting smarter and more mature. As a result his story is making more sense. But whether or not he is speaking the truth 100%, 50% or 0% I don't know. I guess out of the three I would believe Amir the most.

Either way, the way he is talking it seems as if some sense of remorse is there. He is admitting some of his faults and wanting to look forward. I personally would welcome his return once he's served the time.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 7th March 2013, 19:39
adnan yasin's Avatar
adnan yasin adnan yasin is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: May 2010
Runs: 8,365
we all at the age of 18 were saints

1 year old cricket career .. 18 year old ... ur captain is a crook and as junior u trust him as ur mate.

18 year old kid in international level game should have been intelligent enough to understand the game of entrapment or whatever ... at 18 u dont expect him to be sharp headed at this level

But we expect

Neways ............... GET BACK SOON to International level .... WAiting

at the age of 18 whoever were SAINTS should avoid this thread
__________________
I will not watch pakistan one day matches if misbah is in the team .. I Quit
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 7th March 2013, 19:46
doctordamor doctordamor is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Aug 2011
Runs: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by adnan yasin
we all at the age of 18 were saints

1 year old cricket career .. 18 year old ... ur captain is a crook and as junior u trust him as ur mate.

18 year old kid in international level game should have been intelligent enough to understand the game of entrapment or whatever ... at 18 u dont expect him to be sharp headed at this level

But we expect

Neways ............... GET BACK SOON to International level .... WAiting

at the age of 18 whoever were SAINTS should avoid this thread
Perfect post and Wasim etc are heroes of these same ppl that and the holier then thou attitude dun watch pak team mate if it grates u so much, majority wants him back and he will IA be back
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 7th March 2013, 19:59
cricketworm's Avatar
cricketworm cricketworm is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Aug 2011
Runs: 11,368
In a hindsight, how thick was Mazhar Majeed to accept this deal offered by fake fixer? How can you not smell a trap? Who pays this much for just 3 no balls?
__________________
3WCs, #1 ODI team, IPL, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 7th March 2013, 20:06
shokz1408's Avatar
shokz1408 shokz1408 is offline
Local Club Captain
 
Debut: Sep 2010
Runs: 2,359
I suppose thats like saying "i play ipl for fun, not for the money". but regardless, I want AMIR back in the teamm!!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 7th March 2013, 20:42
zoeyfactor zoeyfactor is offline
Tape Ball Regular
 
Debut: Jan 2008
Venue: TX
Runs: 394
I really feel bad for this kid. Whatever had to happen is done, time to move on. Good thing he pleaded guilty and accepted his punishment rather than denying the fact and suffer for rest of his life. A couple of more years than he should be back. Pakistan needs him!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 7th March 2013, 21:00
Itachi's Avatar
Itachi Itachi is online now
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Jun 2011
Venue: Delhi
Runs: 6,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by adnan yasin
we all at the age of 18 were saints

1 year old cricket career .. 18 year old ... ur captain is a crook and as junior u trust him as ur mate.

18 year old kid in international level game should have been intelligent enough to understand the game of entrapment or whatever ... at 18 u dont expect him to be sharp headed at this level

But we expect

Neways ............... GET BACK SOON to International level .... WAiting

at the age of 18 whoever were SAINTS should avoid this thread
18 is adult. People start to take responsibility of home at 18. Don't paint this innocent boy pic. He made the wrong judgement knowing everything just like every other criminal. That's it.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 7th March 2013, 21:14
zulfiqar's Avatar
zulfiqar zulfiqar is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Jan 2005
Runs: 3,723
It's beside the point that after his punishment he is allowed legally to play for Pakistan if he is selected, and I fully stand by that.

HOWEVER, since everyone is giving their opinion I'll give mine too. The chances that Amir is telling the truth -- that he didn't do this for money -- are as slim as Misbah scoring a 15 ball 50 next game (basically none).

Since he denies that the no-balls were bowled strategically (like Butt tried to have us believe -- to push the batsman back in his crease), and he still maintains he did them intentionally -- what else could have compelled him to do so? Hey, I'm just going to bowl no-balls randomly on balls X and Y cuz my teammates want me to. That's absurd. No one denies that he didn't need the money... but the point is that the only reason he bowled those no-balls were cuz he thought he was going to get monetary compensation. Khallas. The End.

Now instead of making a fool of himself on TV time after time again, why can't he be quiet and wait for his ban to be lifted and giving his 100% to get selected again? It's a shame that his friends ditched him, but life can be unfair and unforgiving like that sometimes. He'll have learned from this and will be more careful whom to trust in the future!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 7th March 2013, 22:48
HaMmy FinE LeG StriKeR HaMmy FinE LeG StriKeR is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Jun 2009
Runs: 3,455
then why he plead guilty

as we all say, the thief never excepts he stole

and this is why i say ban him for life, pakistan will again suffer if he is played again

his is actually blessed by wasim fixer himself
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 7th March 2013, 22:50
endymion248's Avatar
endymion248 endymion248 is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Dec 2012
Runs: 6,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi
18 is adult. People start to take responsibility of home at 18. Don't paint this innocent boy pic. He made the wrong judgement knowing everything just like every other criminal. That's it.
In some countries, at 18, you're not even judged mature enough to drink and, in some, it's not even majority.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 7th March 2013, 23:43
AfridiRagingBull AfridiRagingBull is offline
Tape Ball Regular
 
Debut: Feb 2011
Runs: 388
He was about to join Yorkshire???!!!! *sigh* what could have been.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 8th March 2013, 00:43
spaceshot spaceshot is offline
Tape Ball Captain
 
Debut: Feb 2011
Runs: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi
18 is adult. People start to take responsibility of home at 18. Don't paint this innocent boy pic.

Dont bother with that arguement here. people who are ready to overlook crime to gain mileage will do that with any excuse.

Even if the age to be labelled as adult was 22, they would have backed a crook of same age calling him he was just a boy and ooh he admitted.. and oh look there are already bigger crooks moving freely so why single out a talented 'young' kid.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 8th March 2013, 01:41
Cosmic Cosmic is offline
Tape Ball Captain
 
Debut: Dec 2010
Runs: 2,043
where is the interview clips which channel did interview ?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 8th March 2013, 01:50
Itachi's Avatar
Itachi Itachi is online now
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Jun 2011
Venue: Delhi
Runs: 6,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by endymion248
In some countries, at 18, you're not even judged mature enough to drink and, in some, it's not even majority.
yes. So your point is?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 8th March 2013, 01:52
Itachi's Avatar
Itachi Itachi is online now
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Jun 2011
Venue: Delhi
Runs: 6,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceshot
Dont bother with that arguement here. people who are ready to overlook crime to gain mileage will do that with any excuse.

Even if the age to be labelled as adult was 22, they would have backed a crook of same age calling him he was just a boy and ooh he admitted.. and oh look there are already bigger crooks moving freely so why single out a talented 'young' kid.
and he is using this weakness very well.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 8th March 2013, 02:08
justarslan's Avatar
justarslan justarslan is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Dec 2010
Venue: New York
Runs: 3,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayan
Suspended means it is added on if they do anything else wrong.

Amir technically got the most leniently sentence, the other two both got 5 years plus some suspended.
I remember reading 5 year was the minimum ban based on ICC rules regarding fixing.
__________________
"Give me the cold steel of the European Cup over a warm smile any day." L6 Red
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 8th March 2013, 02:13
parwezzkhan parwezzkhan is offline
Junior Player
 
Debut: Dec 2011
Venue: mumbai
Runs: 255
he was the best at his age ............lets forget things when time will come and if he is fit and same bowler let him play ............i will always welcome him as he one of my favorite.............
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 8th March 2013, 02:36
JilaWatan's Avatar
JilaWatan JilaWatan is offline
Local Club Captain
 
Debut: Feb 2010
Venue: USA
Runs: 2,272
you do the crime, you do the time.

once its over, time to get back on the field.

why is it so hard to accept that?
__________________
Passion Has A Funny Way Of Trumping Logic
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 8th March 2013, 05:59
Kianig89's Avatar
Kianig89 Kianig89 is online now
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Oct 2012
Venue: LR-VI
Runs: 13,564
PLease dont ever let him play for PAkistan.......no more crooks......i'd prefer to watch a committed mediocre play for my country than a tainted talented fella........
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 8th March 2013, 06:24
Bilbo Bilbo is offline
Local Club Regular
 
Debut: Jan 2013
Runs: 763
"Money was never an issue. I was being paid well and I wasn't greedy" : Mohamma

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockers2012
i wish he had spent some time with his childhood hero wasim akram for out the field tricks , he would still be playing. AS they say, dad is always a dad and kid is always a kid.

Time to move on, do some business and get busy
Wasim Akram did not dodge anything I believe, it's the judge who was supposedly lenient on him as a fanboy
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 8th March 2013, 06:45
JilaWatan's Avatar
JilaWatan JilaWatan is offline
Local Club Captain
 
Debut: Feb 2010
Venue: USA
Runs: 2,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kianig89
PLease dont ever let him play for PAkistan.......no more crooks......i'd prefer to watch a committed mediocre play for my country than a tainted talented fella........
Give me a break, as soon as that mediocre is taken to the cleaners you'll be asking for his head.
__________________
Passion Has A Funny Way Of Trumping Logic
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 8th March 2013, 06:54
HASHAM2's Avatar
HASHAM2 HASHAM2 is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Nov 2012
Runs: 8,484
Want to see
Amir/Junaid bowling Alongside for Pakistan team in near future
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 8th March 2013, 06:57
Fateh Fateh is offline
Local Club Regular
 
Debut: Feb 2013
Runs: 716
I dont believe anything this guy says .
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 8th March 2013, 07:07
ads101's Avatar
ads101 ads101 is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Dec 2009
Runs: 11,425
I can't seriously believe he did it because he was bored sorry.

Why I don't take him admitting he's guilty seriously. He's admitted he's "guilty" but taken no blame for it shifting it on others who "took advantage of him". Pretty much the same as saying he's innocent.

A 7 year old wouldn't have done what he did because he was bored. I have no idea why an 18 year old would. Educated or not. He knew the concept of money for goodness sake and he was being asked to do something bad on purpose. 18 year old is an adult legally. If I'd done the same thing like him, would it be easy for me to walk back into a job? And such a high flying one as such? Course not.

Just a game it seems he's playing. Admit guilt, get the sympathisers. Don't admit the fact he did it for money so that it doesn't ruin his "young, misled" image.

If he admits he did it for money and really send a message for others to not follow what he did (and not fabricate this strange story as an excuse), I'd relent to having him back in the side honestly after the minimum ban finished. Perhaps begrudgingly. But at least I'd know he did everything he could and was deeply sorry. Don't see that yet.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 8th March 2013, 07:27
Avenger Avenger is offline
Tape Ball Regular
 
Debut: Aug 2006
Runs: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by ads101
I can't seriously believe he did it because he was bored sorry.

Why I don't take him admitting he's guilty seriously. He's admitted he's "guilty" but taken no blame for it shifting it on others who "took advantage of him". Pretty much the same as saying he's innocent.

A 7 year old wouldn't have done what he did because he was bored. I have no idea why an 18 year old would. Educated or not. He knew the concept of money for goodness sake and he was being asked to do something bad on purpose. 18 year old is an adult legally. If I'd done the same thing like him, would it be easy for me to walk back into a job? And such a high flying one as such? Course not.

Just a game it seems he's playing. Admit guilt, get the sympathisers. Don't admit the fact he did it for money so that it doesn't ruin his "young, misled" image.

If he admits he did it for money and really send a message for others to not follow what he did (and not fabricate this strange story as an excuse), I'd relent to having him back in the side honestly after the minimum ban finished. Perhaps begrudgingly. But at least I'd know he did everything he could and was deeply sorry. Don't see that yet.
People will never be satisfied by what other people do. He is probably the only fixer in our history who has admitted his guilt. He has been sentenced by a tribunal and is serving his time. Once he does that we should have no complaints.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 8th March 2013, 07:27
SOSami's Avatar
SOSami SOSami is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Apr 2006
Runs: 11,518
Never thought he did it for the money. Peer pressure and some bravado was probably a more likely explanation.

But he did to it, so the punishment is necessary.
__________________
Big Cats...The Pride of PPCL.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 8th March 2013, 07:29
liaqat's Avatar
liaqat liaqat is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Sep 2010
Venue: uk
Runs: 3,909
Yes amir u are honest and we all lied
__________________
The boyes play well the boyes do as i tell
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 8th March 2013, 07:51
AFM's Avatar
AFM AFM is offline
Tape Ball Regular
 
Debut: Feb 2011
Runs: 468
I believe him. He was an 18 year old at the time, away from home in an alien environment, and the people who he trusted were crooks like Butt and Asif. His story about how Majeed and Butt trapped him makes sense. If you dont know what I'm referring to, then go watch his Atherton interview. Aamir at the time was Pakistan's biggest match-winner - he was man of the series. Do you really expect an up-coming fast bowler in that form to under-perform deliberately for a few extra pounds?

He never bowled a no-ball in Test career until that match (not sure about ODI's). All evidence points to this being an isolated incident, and the facts do back his story. He has admitted that is still no excuse, has learned a lot about the world from this incident, and has apologized and fully accepted his punishment. He's served his jail sentence and has no plans to appeal the ban. He has earned the right to play again.

For those of you who are quick to pass judgement, just put yourself in his shoes. At 18, you are quite naive and impressionable. Most of us are raised in a very protected environment. When I first moved away from home at 18 for University, I learned a lot about the nature of people and the world. And that was in the same country with my parents only being a 2 hour drive away. To be in a foreign country, surrounded by crooks like Butt, Majheed and Asif, who you have been told to look up to and respect, it is easy to be led astray.

Again, I repeat, he has apologized and has accepted that he made mistakes, and is serving his punishment without dispute. Considering the circumstances, he deserves a second chance.

Asif is an other matter. He was a senior player, had full awareness of what he was doing, and was on his 3rd or 4th chance anyway. Has not accpeted his punishment, has not apologized, and is still trying to prove his innocence on mere technicalities. Different circumstances, and does not deserve to represent Pakistan again.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 8th March 2013, 08:16
style_guru's Avatar
style_guru style_guru is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Dec 2010
Runs: 5,084
Yes Amir did not do that for money.

And he'll do it again, but not for money
__________________
The day d last tree died, d last river poisond & d last fish caught,we'll realize we can't eat money
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 8th March 2013, 08:26
DHONI183's Avatar
DHONI183 DHONI183 is online now
PakPassion Moderator
 
Debut: Aug 2007
Venue: others´ hearts
Runs: 21,172
Dear Mohammad Amir,

I am not ready to believe you here. I hope it´s okay with you. Basically, the act itself is a result of greed. So yeah, I have a proper reason not to follow you here.
__________________
Ellyse Perry about me: "It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will."
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 8th March 2013, 08:30
Dr_Bassim's Avatar
Dr_Bassim Dr_Bassim is online now
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Dec 2009
Venue: Beijing, China
Runs: 5,787
I think most of you are advocating that after he serves his time, he should be allowed again and no law can stop it.

I would like you to look at the PCB constitution.

I am 100 percent sure there is a clause, that says, convicted people are not allowed to represent the country again.

But just like we ignore other corrupt people in the country.

We are happy to ignore that clause of PCB, and threaten that Amir should go to court if he is not allowed to play.

Lmao.

Talk about desperation.
__________________
AA Tujh Ko Bata'on Main TAQDEER E UMAM Kiya Hai

Shamsheer o Sanaa Awal, Ta'oos o Rubab Aakhir
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 8th March 2013, 08:37
Avenger Avenger is offline
Tape Ball Regular
 
Debut: Aug 2006
Runs: 533
Re: "Money was never an issue. I was being paid well and I wasn't greedy" : Mohammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim
I think most of you are advocating that after he serves his time, he should be allowed again and no law can stop it.

I would like you to look at the PCB constitution.

I am 100 percent sure there is a clause, that says, convicted people are not allowed to represent the country again.

But just like we ignore other corrupt people in the country.

We are happy to ignore that clause of PCB, and threaten that Amir should go to court if he is not allowed to play.

Lmao.

Talk about desperation.
Samuels is back in the team after serving his time.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 8th March 2013, 08:37
bin_pendi_ka_lota bin_pendi_ka_lota is offline
First Class Player
 
Debut: Aug 2012
Runs: 2,835
I more or less believe Aamir. Peer pressure was definitely primary cause He was probably trapped in a situation where Accepting a bribe would have let him to play for the team. Not accepting it will oust him for good.
Any teenager will do former. Those jumping with guns of morality should think about their behavior in college days....
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 8th March 2013, 08:38
Avenger Avenger is offline
Tape Ball Regular
 
Debut: Aug 2006
Runs: 533
Re: "Money was never an issue. I was being paid well and I wasn't greedy" : Mohammad

For the record I believe greed was a factor here
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 8th March 2013, 08:38
khan1992 khan1992 is offline
Local Club Regular
 
Debut: Dec 2012
Venue: Old Trafford Cricket Ground
Runs: 669
nobody care's if you believe him or not fact is once he's served his punishment and if he's fit & no restriction by ICC he is able to play again.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 8th March 2013, 08:44
waqar goraya's Avatar
waqar goraya waqar goraya is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Nov 2010
Venue: Between Venus & Mars
Runs: 6,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHONI183
Dear Mohammad Amir,

I am not ready to believe you here. I hope it´s okay with you. Basically, the act itself is a result of greed. So yeah, I have a proper reason not to follow you here.
Yes!i agree with you ,i watched the whole interview....Aamir really looked perturbed by Dr.Nouman Niaz's interrogation....

He actually once said in a light comment,"You appaer to be more like an F.I.A investigator than a host"..
__________________
" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 8th March 2013, 08:46
Dr_Bassim's Avatar
Dr_Bassim Dr_Bassim is online now
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Dec 2009
Venue: Beijing, China
Runs: 5,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger
Samuels is back in the team after serving his time.
Fidel Castro was the president of Cuba.
__________________
AA Tujh Ko Bata'on Main TAQDEER E UMAM Kiya Hai

Shamsheer o Sanaa Awal, Ta'oos o Rubab Aakhir
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 8th March 2013, 09:31
LegCutter's Avatar
LegCutter LegCutter is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Oct 2010
Runs: 4,781
Amir will be back in the team, Zaka Ashraf called him a national treasure just a while back. I'm really glad the denial phase is over where we used to have a whole brigade on Pakpassion who used to wail saying Amir's innocent and that its a BCCI/RAW/Zionist conspiracy.

I have mixed feelings about this to be honest. But I guess as long as he's done the time, there is no legal grounds on keeping him out. Its still a whole lot more than what the Qayyum Report guys got.
__________________
"I tried to count the stars while in bed. To keep the thoughts of monsters from my head."
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 8th March 2013, 09:40
Indiafan's Avatar
Indiafan Indiafan is offline
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Jul 2006
Runs: 13,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger
People will never be satisfied by what other people do. He is probably the only fixer in our history who has admitted his guilt.
Wrong! He didnt admit his guilt to show remorse. He didnt help ICC by testifying against Butt. He ONLY admitted his guilt when he was afraid of going to jail. so sorry, his admitting guilt is not a plus point, he was trying to reduce his jail sentence and it worked. I would have said his admitting his guilt was a good thing if he had done that as soon as he was caught and helped ICC. He ONLY admitted his guilt during the police trail on insistance of his lawyers, thats not a positive thing
__________________
"Because sixes" - hassie110 answering why Afridi and Yuvraj are rated so high

Last edited by Indiafan; 8th March 2013 at 09:42.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 8th March 2013, 09:45
Indiafan's Avatar
Indiafan Indiafan is offline
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Jul 2006
Runs: 13,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFM
Again, I repeat, he has apologized and has accepted that he made mistakes, and is serving his punishment without dispute. Considering the circumstances, he deserves a second chance.

.
If he had shown genuine remorse, if he had admitted his guilt upfront, I would have agreed. If he had helped ICC I would have agreed. His apology was a sham after he was banned and when he faced a long jail term. He admitted guilt and aplogized just to reduce his jail sentence. I dont believe he genuinely felt any remorse
__________________
"Because sixes" - hassie110 answering why Afridi and Yuvraj are rated so high
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 8th March 2013, 09:47
Indiafan's Avatar
Indiafan Indiafan is offline
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Jul 2006
Runs: 13,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by zains_rulez
Its seems to be the only Mohammad Aamir will be facing full ban , Mohammad Asif may clear CAS hearing and Salmat butt too.
Just as people were sure that the trio wont be banned by ICC. The same people were sure the trio wont be jailed for such a 'small' offence. Dream on
__________________
"Because sixes" - hassie110 answering why Afridi and Yuvraj are rated so high
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 8th March 2013, 11:23
IM NOT YOU's Avatar
IM NOT YOU IM NOT YOU is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Feb 2007
Venue: Lala Land
Runs: 3,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim
I think most of you are advocating that after he serves his time, he should be allowed again and no law can stop it.

I would like you to look at the PCB constitution.

I am 100 percent sure there is a clause, that says, convicted people are not allowed to represent the country again.

But just like we ignore other corrupt people in the country.

We are happy to ignore that clause of PCB, and threaten that Amir should go to court if he is not allowed to play.

Lmao.

Talk about desperation.
there are several factors you have to look at:

1) he received a harsh penalty because it was almost equivalent to a match fixing penalty, which is a completely different "crime".

2) amir's "crime" did not DIRECTLY hurt anyone. he was the best bowler in the match actually, and these isolated no balls did not affect his overall performance

3) amir was clearly not the organizer of this, and was clearly put into a predicament by his teammates. yes, he made the wrong choice, but this was very close to entrapment. this should definitely hold some weight in analyzing what choices he made

4) amir misses out on TWO world cups, that essentially takes the ban from 5 years to 8 years, if you understand logic. most prestigious event in cricket and he misses it twice.

5) amir pleaded guilty

6) amir's age, although not an excuse, should hold weight. youngest member of the team, rather immature, obviosuly might know better but not compared to guys like butt ans asif

7) amir was close friends with butt and therefore put in a difficult situation as butt was captain/friend






nobody is saying amir is school boy innocent, but the fact is that you have to look at the actual event which was spot fixing and not match fixing, the outcome of the event and the impact on the game (test match) in which it is almost insignificant at all, and his performanace otherwise and the outcome of the match. the only real crime here was the money and that would be coming from a bookie anyway so he is not really directly stealing from a single person or affecting some noble individual's life.

again, i am not justifying spot fixing. i am simply saying, that when you combine all the circumestances, age, situation, form of entrapment, significance of no balls, type of match played, outcome of match, amirs performance, analysis of who was hurt or affected, amirs plea and willingness to co-operate, etc, it is obvious that amir had a unique set of circumestances and that there should be leniency as compared to MATCH FIXING which he DID NOT DO.
__________________
if you are not attacking you are defending. And if you are defending you are losing.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 8th March 2013, 12:03
adnan yasin's Avatar
adnan yasin adnan yasin is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: May 2010
Runs: 8,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi
18 is adult. People start to take responsibility of home at 18. Don't paint this innocent boy pic. He made the wrong judgement knowing everything just like every other criminal. That's it.

for u thats it

at 18 no one take responsibility of home in pakistan because thy study
and live with their parents

u might be a saint at 18 .... 90 % teenagers do immature stuff....which is a criminal act as well but as they r not celebs so its not highlighted .

Any teenager in the wrong company do wrong stuff...at that time they dont take life seriously. IT"S ALL FUN

and at that level when u r cementing ur place and been approach to do such things by ur captain ... Most people dont tackle such stuff with intelligence at 17-18 . so PLEASE



THATS IT

so avoid the thread its not for SAINT
__________________
I will not watch pakistan one day matches if misbah is in the team .. I Quit
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 8th March 2013, 12:09
adnan yasin's Avatar
adnan yasin adnan yasin is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: May 2010
Runs: 8,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFM
I believe him. He was an 18 year old at the time, away from home in an alien environment, and the people who he trusted were crooks like Butt and Asif. His story about how Majeed and Butt trapped him makes sense. If you dont know what I'm referring to, then go watch his Atherton interview. Aamir at the time was Pakistan's biggest match-winner - he was man of the series. Do you really expect an up-coming fast bowler in that form to under-perform deliberately for a few extra pounds?

He never bowled a no-ball in Test career until that match (not sure about ODI's). All evidence points to this being an isolated incident, and the facts do back his story. He has admitted that is still no excuse, has learned a lot about the world from this incident, and has apologized and fully accepted his punishment. He's served his jail sentence and has no plans to appeal the ban. He has earned the right to play again.

For those of you who are quick to pass judgement, just put yourself in his shoes. At 18, you are quite naive and impressionable. Most of us are raised in a very protected environment. When I first moved away from home at 18 for University, I learned a lot about the nature of people and the world. And that was in the same country with my parents only being a 2 hour drive away. To be in a foreign country, surrounded by crooks like Butt, Majheed and Asif, who you have been told to look up to and respect, it is easy to be led astray.

Again, I repeat, he has apologized and has accepted that he made mistakes, and is serving his punishment without dispute. Considering the circumstances, he deserves a second chance.

Asif is an other matter. He was a senior player, had full awareness of what he was doing, and was on his 3rd or 4th chance anyway. Has not accpeted his punishment, has not apologized, and is still trying to prove his innocence on mere technicalities. Different circumstances, and does not deserve to represent Pakistan again.

GOOD POST

every situation should be analyzed.....its not like he did it so he is top notch criminal no matter what are the circumstances.

MAjority wants him back...and Insha Allah he ll be back
__________________
I will not watch pakistan one day matches if misbah is in the team .. I Quit
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 8th March 2013, 12:12
Moh@n's Avatar
Moh@n Moh@n is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Mar 2009
Venue: Bangalore, India
Runs: 1,425
People who want him back in the team, just try to think with a cool head.

If it was someone like say Cheema who had done this instead of Amir, would you want him back in the team?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 8th March 2013, 12:21
adnan yasin's Avatar
adnan yasin adnan yasin is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: May 2010
Runs: 8,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh@n
People who want him back in the team, just try to think with a cool head.

If it was someone like say Cheema who had done this instead of Amir, would you want him back in the team?

no because of age factor

after using head and shoulders menthol....... ppl think that age factor supports aamir
__________________
I will not watch pakistan one day matches if misbah is in the team .. I Quit
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 8th March 2013, 12:31
lonex's Avatar
lonex lonex is offline
Local Club Regular
 
Debut: Oct 2011
Runs: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi
18 is adult. People start to take responsibility of home at 18. Don't paint this innocent boy pic. He made the wrong judgement knowing everything just like every other criminal. That's it.
I totally agree with you, on getting the punishment and serving his trial. But I do have problem with guys who go overboard to become judge of the situation and ask for tough punishment and pledge to never see his face again. When authorities believe this is enough punishment for the crime he committed, we should swallow that pill. It should not matter whether the pill is bitter or sweet.
__________________
A boat is safe in the harbor. But this is not the purpose of a boat." ~ Paulo Coelho
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 8th March 2013, 12:31
Moh@n's Avatar
Moh@n Moh@n is offline
Local Club Star
 
Debut: Mar 2009
Venue: Bangalore, India
Runs: 1,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by adnan yasin
no because of age factor

after using head and shoulders menthol....... ppl think that age factor supports aamir
That's the whole point isn't it?

Why is no one talking about Kaneria's ban for example or pitching to bring back Salman Butt?

Amir was a once in a lifetime bowler, and a very young one at that. That's the sole reason why some people still want to see him playing in Pakistani colours.

And by the way, he says he wants to be a good ambassador of Pakistan cricket. Not sure how that's going to happen after what he has done even if he comes back.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 8th March 2013, 12:34
Chuck150 FSD Chuck150 FSD is offline
Junior Player
 
Debut: Apr 2010
Venue: USA
Runs: 116
If money was never the issue then what was it? Aamir is a liar.
__________________
Razzzler Rules!!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 8th March 2013, 12:45
Shayan's Avatar
Shayan Shayan is offline
ODI Debutant
 
Debut: Jan 2005
Venue: Leeds
Runs: 12,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM NOT YOU
there are several factors you have to look at:

1) he received a harsh penalty because it was almost equivalent to a match fixing penalty, which is a completely different "crime".
Actually no, this was the minimum ban for spot-fixing.


Quote:
2) amir's "crime" did not DIRECTLY hurt anyone. he was the best bowler in the match actually, and these isolated no balls did not affect his overall performance
That's what spot-fixing is.

Quote:
3) amir was clearly not the organizer of this, and was clearly put into a predicament by his teammates. yes, he made the wrong choice, but this was very close to entrapment. this should definitely hold some weight in analyzing what choices he made
Agreed, which is why he was given the minimum ban.

Quote:

4) amir misses out on TWO world cups, that essentially takes the ban from 5 years to 8 years, if you understand logic. most prestigious event in cricket and he misses it twice.
Irrelevant. He was given the minimum ban. ICC aren't going to check the calendar to see how many world cups he's going to miss.

Quote:
5) amir pleaded guilty
Not at the ICC trial. If he had done, he may have got away with it. The guilty plea only came when he realised he might go to jail.

Quote:
6) amir's age, although not an excuse, should hold weight. youngest member of the team, rather immature, obviosuly might know better but not compared to guys like butt ans asif
Again, that's why he got the minimum ban and the other two got suspended sentences on top.
Quote:

7) amir was close friends with butt and therefore put in a difficult situation as butt was captain/friend
Irrelevant.

Quote:

nobody is saying amir is school boy innocent, but the fact is that you have to look at the actual event which was spot fixing and not match fixing, the outcome of the event and the impact on the game (test match) in which it is almost insignificant at all, and his performanace otherwise and the outcome of the match. the only real crime here was the money and that would be coming from a bookie anyway so he is not really directly stealing from a single person or affecting some noble individual's life.

again, i am not justifying spot fixing. i am simply saying, that when you combine all the circumestances, age, situation, form of entrapment, significance of no balls, type of match played, outcome of match, amirs performance, analysis of who was hurt or affected, amirs plea and willingness to co-operate, etc, it is obvious that amir had a unique set of circumestances and that there should be leniency as compared to MATCH FIXING which he DID NOT DO.
Don't know why you keep bringing up match-fixing. If he was banned for life, you would have a point, but he actually got the minimum ban for spot-fixing. He was given the most lenient possible punishment yet we still aren't happy?
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 8th March 2013, 13:22
Bilbo Bilbo is offline
Local Club Regular
 
Debut: Jan 2013
Runs: 763
"Money was never an issue. I was being paid well and I wasn't greedy" : Mohamma

Money is never an issue, greed is!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 8th March 2013, 13:25
the Great Khan the Great Khan is offline
Test Match Debutant
 
Debut: Feb 2005
Runs: 16,523
My take, he was guilty as he admitted that. ANd now he has accepted his punishment. Once his ban is over he should be allowed to play. simple. a couple of five wicket hauls and we'll all forget about this. I'm more angry at Butt for using his influence and the fact he helped destroy our team. As a for Asif, sorry but he's the only one who I think is actually innocent. The evidence just wasnt there in his case. All we have is a marginal no-ball. Thats it.

All those who are saying he should know better lol..at 18 most of you on here couldnt know your behind from your elbows. Just read some of the ridiculous posts some of us have to put up with..

Justice was done, and he has paid the price. time to move on and hope he learns and just plays.

Last edited by Shayan; 8th March 2013 at 14:08.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 8th March 2013, 13:58
pakistanalltheway's Avatar
pakistanalltheway pakistanalltheway is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Jul 2010
Venue: England/ Mirpur AJK
Runs: 7,800
"Money was never an issue. I was being paid well and I wasn't greedy" : Mohammad Amir

Just makes what he did worse TBH .
__________________
A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

Malcolm X
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 8th March 2013, 14:55
testcricketisbest testcricketisbest is offline
Tape Ball Regular
 
Debut: Jun 2011
Runs: 413
Mohammad Amir "A team mate suggested to me that there was easy money to be made from cricket, but I ignored him and told him to behave himself."

Mohammad Amir "I bowled the no balls as I was trapped by the scenario that had been created by my team mates. I felt used."

Who are these team mates he is referring to does anybody know it.Is it Butt and Asif.If yes why he is not naming them.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 8th March 2013, 15:06
Jo_Don's Avatar
Jo_Don Jo_Don is offline
First Class Captain
 
Debut: Mar 2007
Venue: Johannesburg, SA
Runs: 5,563
What an oxymoron. If money isn't an issue and you still fix, then you ARE greedy.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 8th March 2013, 15:11
pakistanalltheway's Avatar
pakistanalltheway pakistanalltheway is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Jul 2010
Venue: England/ Mirpur AJK
Runs: 7,800
"Money was never an issue. I was being paid well and I wasn't greedy" : Mohammad Amir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Don
What an oxymoron. If money isn't an issue and you still fix, then you ARE greedy.
This . If money was an issue I would be less angry at him but now he doesn't have my sympathies anymore .
__________________
A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

Malcolm X
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 8th March 2013, 15:20
amlafan79 amlafan79 is offline
Tape Ball Star
 
Debut: Nov 2011
Runs: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by JilaWatan
you do the crime, you do the time.

once its over, time to get back on the field.

why is it so hard to accept that?
he did time and he is out
but when u get convicted for fraud lets say do u think companies will take the guy back as manager? (that will be better comparison here )
jailed time is punishment for breaking law of country
icc of 5 years was ban under which he just legally cant play..
but like in real world once reputation takes such a big hit and when u have criminal record even if ur legally allowed to do job that does not means he would..
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 8th March 2013, 17:10
Itachi's Avatar
Itachi Itachi is online now
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Jun 2011
Venue: Delhi
Runs: 6,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by adnan yasin
for u thats it

at 18 no one take responsibility of home in pakistan because thy study
and live with their parents

u might be a saint at 18 .... 90 % teenagers do immature stuff....which is a criminal act as well but as they r not celebs so its not highlighted .

Any teenager in the wrong company do wrong stuff...at that time they dont take life seriously. IT"S ALL FUN

and at that level when u r cementing ur place and been approach to do such things by ur captain ... Most people dont tackle such stuff with intelligence at 17-18 . so PLEASE



THATS IT

so avoid the thread its not for SAINT
what rubbish logic?

If my younger brother takes drugs, than i must keep a blind eye on it because somewhere in africa, a boy same age my brother takes it and teen age DO STUFF LIKE THAT?

a crime is crime. if amir should be let off the hook, then why not let off those kids in juvenile centers?

Why not raise voice against those kids who is spending time inside bars for car theft?

you are voicing for him because he is a celeb. Those who aren't celeb, so of them are rotten in jail for years without even doing the crime (because slow jurisdiction process).

If a, b, c, d does it, that doesn't justifies e's crime. If e got caught, he should be punished according to rules.

And respectfully, your request to avoid this thread has been declined.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 8th March 2013, 17:16
FarhanZZZ FarhanZZZ is offline
Local Club Regular
 
Debut: Feb 2013
Runs: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi
what rubbish logic?

If my younger brother takes drugs, than i must keep a blind eye on it because somewhere in africa, a boy same age my brother takes it and teen age DO STUFF LIKE THAT?

a crime is crime. if amir should be let off the hook, then why not let off those kids in juvenile centers?

Why not raise voice against those kids who is spending time inside bars for car theft?

you are voicing for him because he is a celeb. Those who aren't celeb, so of them are rotten in jail for years without even doing the crime (because slow jurisdiction process).

If a, b, c, d does it, that doesn't justifies e's crime. If e got caught, he should be punished according to rules.

And respectfully, your request to avoid this thread has been declined.
Same ridiculous stuff thats being talked about by another Indian in a different thread. Do you guys take classes on this? Nobody is getting off the hook. Nobody wants Amir to get off the hook. He is rightfully on the hook. What the hell, is this really so difficult a concept?
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 8th March 2013, 17:18
Cryin Out Loud Cryin Out Loud is offline
First Class Star
 
Debut: Sep 2006
Runs: 3,263
Amir talks too much, and he's a prima donna.

It seems to me that he wants to be let off easily, his sentence commuted.

I am not even sure his motives were all that he claims.

His youth has nothing to do with anything relevant.

In short he is not a very likable character, who must serve his time (IMO).

But I have a lot of time for him because he confessed up to his crime. I don't mean to be condescending, but after having lived and worked in the West, I can truly appreciate the value of that act.

Back home in India- and perhaps even more in neighbouring Pakistan - men protest their innocence even as they're freaking tape recorded committing the crime.

We are a society that sometimes seem congenitally incapable of accepting responsibility for wrongdoing or squarely taking blame.

Amir did that, so I have a lot of time for him. But pleaae shut up, fellow.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 8th March 2013, 17:53
khan1992 khan1992 is offline
Local Club Regular
 
Debut: Dec 2012
Venue: Old Trafford Cricket Ground
Runs: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by testcricketisbest
Mohammad Amir "A team mate suggested to me that there was easy money to be made from cricket, but I ignored him and told him to behave himself."

Mohammad Amir "I bowled the no balls as I was trapped by the scenario that had been created by my team mates. I felt used."

Who are these team mates he is referring to does anybody know it.Is it Butt and Asif.If yes why he is not naming them.
It's His Captain Butt

Here Is The Full Story

Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 8th March 2013, 17:56
UP's Avatar
UP UP is offline
T20I Debutant
 
Debut: Sep 2007
Venue: United Arab Emirates
Runs: 7,180
Do your time and prove yourself in Domestic cricket. If you'll still have what it takes to be in International cricket - people will slowly like you back.
__________________
The Underdogs
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:57.



Powered by: vBulletin and VBAdvanced CMPS
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
PakPassion™ © copyright 2014 All Rights Reserved. Content on PakPassion™ requires permission for reprint.