14:30 GMT, 25 April 2024

Announcement

Dear Members and Guests

The PakPassion team are delighted to welcome you back to our forums.

You will have noticed that we have re-launched the forums with a new software that we feel will provide our members with a much better all-round experience.

As with any upgrade, it will take a bit of time to get used to and there may be some issues that will need correcting. We have set up this thread

for you to report any issues that need looking into by our technicians or if you have any suggestions regarding the design and the layout of the forums.

We thank you for your patience whilst the forums were not available, but as you can imagine, a project like this takes a lot of planning, organising and hard work.

So, welcome back and happy posting!

LATEST POLL

Who will be the highest wicket-taker for Pakistan in the 5-match T20I series against New Zealand?
  • Votes: (0%)
Total Votes:
First Vote:
Last Vote:

Exclusive Interviews

"I still miss it, I wish I could go back to Pakistan right now": Catherine Dalton

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Catherine Dalton, the ...

"Our aim is to embed the Asian community into the English cricket system" - Dr Tom Brown

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Dr. Tom Brown, ...

"My aim is to play as many leagues as I can and obviously try to represent England at some stage": Kashif Ali

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Kashif Ali shared ...

"The recent events are not something new in Pakistan Cricket": Kamran Akmal

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter ...

PSL's shortcomings & how can it be improved – with Salman Sarwar Butt, the visionary behind the PSL

Salman Sarwar Butt, the visionary behind the inception and ...

Is Mike Hesson becoming Pakistan's Head Coach? PSL 9 Champion Coach in conversation with Saj

In an exclusive interview for PakPassion, the former RCB ...

Latest Content

"I still miss it, I wish I could go back to Pakistan right now": Catherine Dalton

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Catherine Dalton, the fast bowling coach of the Multan Sultans, delves into an in-depth conversation about her coaching philosophy, her experience coaching in PSL 9, and her approach to developing players' skills.                ...

Read more

Pakistan suffer an embarrassing 7-wicket loss in the 3rd T20I against New Zealand

Mark Chapman’s unbeaten half-century led New Zealand to a comfortable seven-wicket win over Pakistan in the third T20I here at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium on Sunday night. The win levels the five T20Is at 1-1, with the remaining two matches scheduled to take place in ...

Read more

"Our aim is to embed the Asian community into the English cricket system" - Dr Tom Brown

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Dr. Tom Brown, Managing Director, and Co-founder of SACA, sheds light on the pressing issues faced by numerous British cricketers of South Asian heritage within the County Cricket circuit.                      ...

Read more

"Sometimes in Pakistan cricket, you have to shake your head in disbelief": Saj on the selection of the Pakistan T20I squad

Sometimes in Pakistan cricket, you have to shake your head in disbelief opines Saj as he reviews the Pakistan squad announced for the five-match T20I series against the Kiwis.

Read more

Talent Spotter

view all Talent Spotters
Talent Spotter : Mukhtar Ahmed

Unheard of less than a month ago, Sialkot Stallions’ Mukhtar Ahmed burst onto the scene with the...

Read More ...

Talent Spotter : Imran Butt

17 year old Imran Butt is a top order batsman from Lahore who made his first class debut less than...

Read More ...

Talent Spotter : Mohammad Irfan (leg-spin bowler)

A profile of the young leg-spin bowler whose bowling style is based upon the Australian great,...

Read More ...

Hosts failed to chase down 133, losing by three runs after a fantastic bowling display by the visitors.

By Abdullah Ansari (30th March, 2017)

Toss: West Indies won the toss and chose to field. 

Teams:

West Indies: E Lewis, CAK Walton†, MN Samuels, LMP Simmons, KA Pollard, R Powell, CR Brathwaite*, JO Holder, SP Narine, S Badree, KOK Williams

Pakistan: Ahmed Shehzad, Kamran Akmal, Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Sarfraz Ahmed*†, Shoaib Malik, Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Sohail Tanvir, Wahab Riaz, Hasan Ali

Pakistan Innings

West Indies won the toss and opted to field as Fakhar replaced Hafeez for Pakistan. The visitors were off to a dismal start as Kamran perished for a duck in the first over. Babar and Shehzad hit a couple of fours while the fourth over was a maiden. Babar hit back with three fours in the next two overs but the batsmen struggled to rotate strike and he was dismissed soon after the powerplay, caught behind for 27. Shehzad fell soon too as he tried to turn one into the leg-side and was caught by Brathwaite at mid-wicket. Fakhar had a disappointing debut, caught at the boundary as he looked to clear it. Malik and Sarfraz stabilised the innings for a few overs with the former getting a few boundaries until he was caught at the boundary too. Narine struck twice in the next over to remove Sarfraz and Tanvir as the lower order struggled. Imad fell to Williams but Wahab and Shadab finished strongly with 34 runs coming off the last 3 overs as Pakistan made 132 off their 20 overs. 

Fall Of Wickets

1-0 (Kamran Akmal, 0.5 ov)
2-41 (Babar Azam, 7.5 ov)
3-43 (Ahmed Shehzad, 8.3 ov)
4-51 (Fakhar Zaman, 10.4 ov)
5-87 (Shoaib Malik, 14.5 ov)
6-87 (Sarfraz Ahmed, 15.4 ov)
7-91 (Sohail Tanvir, 15.6 ov)
8-95 (Imad Wasim, 16.3 ov)
9-131 (Wahab Riaz, 19.4 ov)
10-132 (Shadab Khan, 19.6 ov)

West Indies Innings

The Pakistan bowlers began strongly with no boundaries off the first few overs despite lack of wickets. However, the breakthrough came via a run-out caused by a collision, as Lewis dropped his bat and was dismissed as his foot wasn't grounded in the crease. There was soon another collision between Shehzad and Walton as the former tried to effect a run out and this time it looked serious, as he was taken off the field on am ambulance. However, he returned to the field later. Samuels was imperious at the crease, hitting Imad for two big sixes and looking ominous. However, Shadab struck with his now famous googly to dismiss Walton. Simmons was soon LBW to Hasan Ali while Shadab struck twice on consecutive deliveries in his next over to remove Pollard and Powell. Sarfraz made Shadab bowl out and the decision paid off as he had Samuels caught behind with his last delivery to finish with a four-wicket haul. Brathwaite and Holder formed a partnership with the equation coming down to 19 off the last two overs. Wahab bowled a fiery over, getting the captain and leaving 14 for Hasan Ali to defend. Narine smacked the first two balls for fours but Hasan Ali came back superbly as Pakistan sealed a three-run win.

Fall Of Wickets

1-10 (Lewis, 1.4 ov)
2-60 (Walton, 8.1 ov)
3-65 (Simmons, 9.1 ov)
4-76 (Pollard, 10.3 ov)
5-76 (Powell, 10.4 ov)
6-81 (Samuels, 12.6 ov)
7-114 (Brathwaite, 18.2 ov)
8-128 (Narine, 19.5 ov)

Match Summary:

Another superb win for Pakistan, making it six out six. The batting was a worry and it took some lower order heroics for Pakistan to get to a competitive total but the bowling specially Shadab were excellent once again. Sarfraz Ahmed's tenure has begun with six wins in six games - promising signs for the future. 

Next match: 3rd T20I on Saturday, 1st April.

Discuss!