LATEST POLL

Who will win the 1st T20I between Ireland and Pakistan?
  • Votes: (0%)
  • Votes: (0%)
Total Votes:
First Vote:
Last Vote:

Exclusive Interviews

"I learned more about myself after my debut": Shoaib Bashir

Bashir joins PakPassion for an exclusive interview where he ...

"Gary Kirsten will fit in nicely in Pakistan Culture": Vernon Philander

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Philander shares insights ...

"What is the guarantee that Gary Kirsten will take Pakistan to victory in the World Cup?": Atiq-uz-Zaman

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan International ...

"I still miss it, I wish I could go back to Pakistan right now": Catherine Dalton

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Catherine Dalton, the ...

"Our aim is to embed the Asian community into the English cricket system" - Dr Tom Brown

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Dr. Tom Brown, ...

"My aim is to play as many leagues as I can and obviously try to represent England at some stage": Kashif Ali

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Kashif Ali shared ...

India tied the series 1-1 thanks to a thrilling half century from Yuvraj Singh which was took good for the Pakistani bowlers. Mohammad Hafeez produced a phenomenal innings of his own but it wasn't quite enough to chase India's massive 192.

Result: India won by 11 runs

Toss: Pakistan won the toss and elected to field

Teams:

Pakistan:
Nasir Jamshed, Ahmed Shehzad, Mohammad Hafeez*, Kamran Akmal†, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Irfan

India:
G Gambhir, AM Rahane, V Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, SK Raina, RG Sharma, MS Dhoni*†, B Kumar, R Ashwin, I Sharma, AB Dinda

India Innings:

Gautam Gambhir and Ajinkya Rahane opened the Indian innings in emphatic fashion once again under more favourable batting conditions than those in Bangalore, with was decent bounce for the pace bowlers but very little swing. Mohammad Irfan was once again impressive for Pakistan and kept the batsmen on the defensive while Sohail Tanvir and Umar Gul leaked runs at the other end. Gambhir hit Gul for three consecutive 4s in the 5th over but got out lbw on the 4th delivery, giving Pakistan their first breakthrough. The out-of-form Virat Kohli came in next for India and began playing cautiously. However, Pakistan struck again in the 7th over when Ajinkya Rahane mistimed a pull shot against Umar Gul. Mohammad Irfan was brought back after that to keep the pressure on the batsmen and almost removed Yuvraj during his over, troubling him with bouncers and a toe crushing yorker that left the batsman in considerable pain. 

Virat Kohli got off to a decent start and looked set for a big one but a poor call between him Yuvraj, and a direct hit from Saeed Ajmal, resulted in him getting run out in the 12th over leaving India 88/3. Dhoni came in next and made his intentions clear from the very first delivery by dispatching it for four. Dhoni and Yuvraj pressed the accelerator from then on and hit a flurry of boundaries in the next few overs. Yuvraj in particular was in sublime touch and was clearing the ropes with ease. Yuvraj brought up his half-century in just 29 deliveries with a couple of sixes to Sohail Tanvir. Even Saeed Ajmal couldn't escape the carnage as he was hit for three consecutive sixes in the very next over. Yuvraj eventually got out for 72 in the 20th over to Umar Gul, who also picked Dhoni's wicket in the same over. India finished their innings with 192 runs for the loss of 5 wickets.

Fall of Wickets:

44/1 Gambhir, 4.5 Overs
51/2 Rahane, 6.2 Overs
88/3 Kohli, 11.6 Overs
185/4 Yuvraj, 19.2 Overs
187/5 Dhoni, 19.5 Overs

Pakistan Innings:

Nasir Jamshed and Ahmed Shehzad started Pakistan's chase in a very positive manner as the Indian fast bowlers struggled to match their opening burst in the last match and consistently bowled short. The two openers brought up the 50 for Pakistan in just 5.1 overs, hitting some wonderful fours and sixes on their way including a 99-metre six from Shehzad against Ishant Sharma. Jamshed was dropped in the 10th over by Dhoni off Ashwin but he couldn't make that count and got out in the same over giving India their first breakthrough.

Umar Akmal greeted Yuvraj with six on his first delivery but Shehzad was out stumped in the same over. Mohammad Hafeez came in next and looked in great touch once again. Umar Akmal and Hafeez together put Pakistan on top, with Hafeez in particular seemingly sending deliveries towards the fence at will. The partnership was eventually broken by Ashok Dinda in the 17th over when Dinda knocked the stumps off. 

Shahid Afridi came in next and started off with four off his first delivery. He couldn't last long however and got out to Kumar in the 18th over trying to hit a full toss for six and Hafeez at this point seemed to be running out of partners. With 26 needed from last 2 overs, Pakistan lost two crucial wickets to Ashok Dinda in form of Mohammad Hafeez and Kamran Akmal. Dinda's over, the penultimate one of the innings, cost just six runs and hurt Pakistan badly, leaving them needing 20 runs in final over which in the end seemed too much as Umar Gul and Shoaib Malik could not achieve the required target. Pakistan felt short by just 11 runs in the end.

Fall of Wicket:

74/1 Jamshed, 9.5 Overs
84/2 Shehzad, 10.5 Overs
146/3 U Akmal, 16.2 Overs
163/4 Afridi, 17.5 Overs
168/5 Hafeez, 18.2 Overs
172/6 K Akmal, 18.4 Overs
181/7 Gul, 19.6 Overs

Summary

A valiant attempt by Pakistan to chase down the total, but in the end the Yuvraj blitz proved to be the deciding factor and with this victory, India tied the T20 international series 1-1.