LATEST POLL

Are you satisfied with PCB's choice of coaching staff?
  • Votes: (0%)
  • Votes: (0%)
Total Votes:
First Vote:
Last Vote:

Exclusive Interviews

"What is the guarantee that Gary Kirsten will take Pakistan to victory in the World Cup?": Atiq-uz-Zaman

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan International ...

"I still miss it, I wish I could go back to Pakistan right now": Catherine Dalton

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Catherine Dalton, the ...

"Our aim is to embed the Asian community into the English cricket system" - Dr Tom Brown

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Dr. Tom Brown, ...

"My aim is to play as many leagues as I can and obviously try to represent England at some stage": Kashif Ali

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Kashif Ali shared ...

"The recent events are not something new in Pakistan Cricket": Kamran Akmal

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter ...

PSL's shortcomings & how can it be improved – with Salman Sarwar Butt, the visionary behind the PSL

Salman Sarwar Butt, the visionary behind the inception and ...

As Pakistan march into New Delhi with an unassailable lead by virtue of 2 back to back victories against India in the ODI series, Captain Misbah-ul-Haq was in a buoyant mood as he spoke to reporters in a pre-match press conference.

The success of the much maligned Pakistani batting lineup was a pleasant surprise for Pakistani supporters and a matter of concern for the opposition. Misbah attributed this new found confidence to the training camp for batsmen which was supervised by the veteran Pakistani batsmen and Ex Captain, Inzamam-ul-Haq

by Amir Husain (5th January 2013)

As Pakistan march into New Delhi with an unassailable lead by virtue of 2 back to back victories against India in the ODI series, Captain Misbah-ul-Haq was in a buoyant mood as he spoke to reporters in a pre-match press conference.

The success of the much maligned Pakistani batting lineup was a pleasant surprise for Pakistani supporters and a matter of concern for the opposition. Misbah attributed this new found confidence to the training camp for batsmen which was supervised by the veteran Pakistani batsmen and Ex Captain, Inzamam-ul-Haq

"We prepared well for the series under our batting consultant Inzamam-ul-Haq. The training camp back home really helped the team to perform well," 

Any captain would be proud to have an arsenal of fast and spin riches as available to Misbah and he was rightly proud of their joint effort in delivering victory against India on their home soil.

"Fast and spin bowling is key to our success. Our pacers performed really well and exploited the conditions while our spinners have always won us the game. It's a combined effort," Misbah told reporters at the pre-match press conference.

Whilst the Pakistani camp would have breathed a sigh of relief on winning the 2nd ODI game in Kolkatta, Captain Misbah-ul-Haq appeared to be in no mood to take prisoners and affirmed his teams belief that a 3-0 margin was their prime objective.

"Every match is important for us and we always take the field to win matches. The approach will remain the same tomorrow and we will look to win the match."

Not overawed by prospect of playing on foreign soil or in front of a largely partisan crowd - it would appear that not even the chilly January weather or the state of the Feroz Shah Kotla pitch will be a deterrent to the spirits of this band of Pakistani players as they strive for total dominance over their old foes.

"It's cold out here but Lahore has been the same for quite some time where our players practiced for the series. I think what we have experienced today will largely remain the same tomorrow. Overall, the pitch is looking good. What I have seen today, it's will assist the batsmen. The toss won't be much of a significance. In the first game, the toss played a crucial role. In the second, it wasn't that important factor. So, I am not thinking on that line," he said.

As the winner of this 3 match ODI series, the Pakistani captain can afford to bask in the limelight and hog attention of the media pack but when asked about the plight of the World Cup winning Indian side he had some serious advice to give to his opponents stating that "Hard work is the only way to come out of the bad phase. There is no other way according to me."

The 3rd and Final ODI of the 3 match series will be played at the Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium tomorrow morning with Pakistan looking for a 3-0 whitewash against their traditional opponents.

Discuss!