LATEST POLL

Have Pakistan chosen the right squad for Ireland & England T20Is?
  • Votes: (0%)
  • Votes: (0%)
Total Votes:
First Vote:
Last Vote:

Exclusive Interviews

"Gary Kirsten will fit in nicely in Pakistan Culture": Vernon Philander

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Philander shares insights ...

"What is the guarantee that Gary Kirsten will take Pakistan to victory in the World Cup?": Atiq-uz-Zaman

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan International ...

"I still miss it, I wish I could go back to Pakistan right now": Catherine Dalton

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Catherine Dalton, the ...

"Our aim is to embed the Asian community into the English cricket system" - Dr Tom Brown

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Dr. Tom Brown, ...

"My aim is to play as many leagues as I can and obviously try to represent England at some stage": Kashif Ali

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Kashif Ali shared ...

"The recent events are not something new in Pakistan Cricket": Kamran Akmal

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter ...

Pakistan batting folds for an embarassing 138 as Sri Lanka take honours on Day 1

By PakPassion Staff (25th June, 2015)

Toss: Pakistan won the toss and elected to bat first

Pakistan XI : Hafeez, Ahmed Shehzad, Azhar Ali, Younis, Misbah*, Asad Shafiq, Sarfraz Ahmed†, Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan, Yasir Shah, Zulfiqar Babar

Sri Lanka XI : JK Silva, FDM Karunaratne, KC Sangakkara, Thirimanne, AD Mathews*, LD Chandimal†, KDK Vithanage, D Prasad, PHT Kaushal, PVD Chameera, Herath

First Session: Pakistan after winning the toss decided to have a bat first although there was a tinge of green in the pitch and there was something for the faster bowlers. Ahmed Shehzad was caught at first slip by Sangakkara of Prasad after scoring just 1 run. Hafeez and Azhar then looked determined to see of the new ball and played cautiously until Prasad bowled a delivery which squared Azhar Ali up and took the faint edge and then pad on the way to the keeper. The decision was a tough one as the onfield umpire gave it not out which was overturned. Younis Khan then walked in in his 100th match and it took him a nervous 20 balls to get off the mark. At the end of the first session Pakistan reached 70 runs losing 2 wickets.

Second Session: Younis Khan was caught behind in the first over after lunch which bought skipper Misbah in the middle. Hafeez soon followed after scoring 42 who was bowled by Kaushal and Pakistan were in a bit of a trouble at 89-4. Asad Shafiq didn't last long either and Pakistan were 95-5 and in a similar situation to the first innings at Galle. Misbah was run out after scoring 7 to leave Pakistan 6 down. Kaushal then picked up wickets of Wahab LBW and Yasir Shah caught and eventually Pakistan were bowled out for a low score of 138. Tharindu Kaushal playing only his 2nd Test finished with exceptional figures of 5-42.

Sri Lanka began strongly and were cautious from the beginning until Karunaratne played one outside off to be caught behind to Junaid Khan. Sangakkara walked in to join Kaushal Silva AND looked determined to play the day out. Yasir Shah and Wahab Riaz bowled well but were unlucky to get more wickets. Sri Lanka ended the day on 70-1 and 68 runs behind. Pakistan would be looking to pick up quick wickets tomorrow morning to make a comeback in the game.

Pakistan Fall of wickets:

Shehzad 1-5 (2.1 overs)
Azhar Ali 2-51 (15.1 overs)
Younis Khan 3-74 (23.6 overs)
Hafeez 4-89 (28.5 overs)
Shafiq 5-95 (30.3 overs)
Misbah 6-96 (30.5 overs)
Sarfraz 7-113 (38.4 overs)
Wahab 8-117 (40.2 overs)
Zulfiqar 9-124 (41.4 overs)
Yasir 10-138 (42.5 overs)

Sri Lanka Fall of wickets: