LATEST POLL

Have Pakistan chosen the right squad for Ireland & England T20Is?
  • Votes: (0%)
  • Votes: (0%)
Total Votes:
First Vote:
Last Vote:

Exclusive Interviews

"Gary Kirsten will fit in nicely in Pakistan Culture": Vernon Philander

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Philander shares insights ...

"What is the guarantee that Gary Kirsten will take Pakistan to victory in the World Cup?": Atiq-uz-Zaman

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan International ...

"I still miss it, I wish I could go back to Pakistan right now": Catherine Dalton

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Catherine Dalton, the ...

"Our aim is to embed the Asian community into the English cricket system" - Dr Tom Brown

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Dr. Tom Brown, ...

"My aim is to play as many leagues as I can and obviously try to represent England at some stage": Kashif Ali

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Kashif Ali shared ...

"The recent events are not something new in Pakistan Cricket": Kamran Akmal

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter ...

Target: Sri Lanka needed 153 runs to win with 10 wickets remaining

By PakPassion Staff (29th June, 2015)

The home team started the day with a low total to get which cans sometimes be tricky. They played smart by sending in Vithanage rather than their usual opener Kaushal Silva with Karunaratne. He scored a quick fire 34 from 23 balls including 4 fours and 2 sixes until he was hold out a deep mid wicket of Zulfiqar. Yasir Shah then got Sangakkara the very next ball to give the team some home as Sri Lanka were 2 down for 49. 

Karunatne continued to dominate the spinners and Mathews supported him well which resulted in Yasir and Zulfiqar bowling slightly flat. They continued to take the singles and get the odd boundary to remain on top. Karunaratne fell LBW to Yasir Shah after scoring his fifty but the job was almost done for Sri Lanka.

Mathews and Thirimanne finished with 43* and 20* respectively to chase down the target of 153 as Sri Lanka needed 26.3 overs to win by 7 wickets and level the 3 series 1-1.

Fall of wickets Day 5:

Vithanage 1-49 (6.6 overs)
Sangakkara 2-49 (7.1 overs)
Karunarantne 3-121 (20.2 overs)

Scores summary: Pakistan 138 (Hafeez 42, Kaushal 5-42) and 329 (Azhar 117)
Sri Lanka 315 (Silva 80, Yasir 6-96) and 153-3 (Karunaratne 50, Yasir 2-55)

Result: Sri Lanka win by 7 wickets and level 3 match series 1-1

Discuss