LATEST POLL

Have Pakistan chosen the right squad for Ireland & England T20Is?
  • Votes: (0%)
  • Votes: (0%)
Total Votes:
First Vote:
Last Vote:

Exclusive Interviews

"Gary Kirsten will fit in nicely in Pakistan Culture": Vernon Philander

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Philander shares insights ...

"What is the guarantee that Gary Kirsten will take Pakistan to victory in the World Cup?": Atiq-uz-Zaman

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan International ...

"I still miss it, I wish I could go back to Pakistan right now": Catherine Dalton

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Catherine Dalton, the ...

"Our aim is to embed the Asian community into the English cricket system" - Dr Tom Brown

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Dr. Tom Brown, ...

"My aim is to play as many leagues as I can and obviously try to represent England at some stage": Kashif Ali

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Kashif Ali shared ...

"The recent events are not something new in Pakistan Cricket": Kamran Akmal

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter ...

Pakistan battig lineup collapses yet again to give a target of 153 runs to win and level the series. 

Overnight score: Pakistan 138 and 171-2 , Sri Lanka 315

By PakPassion Staff (28th June, 2015)

Pakistan started the day with huge mountain still to climb and setting Sri Lanka a lead which the visitors can defend. Younis and Azhar added 31 runs when Younis edged one to the keeper and was back in the hut for 40. Misbah also never looked comfortable at the crease and was judged LBW to Prasad for 22 which bought Asad to the crease. Azhar was stuck at the crease in the 80's for a long time as Pakistan wanted to see off the new ball. At lunch the visitors were 244-4 leading by 67 runs.

Pakistan added another 40 runs after lunch till Asad Shafiq fell to Chameera for 27. Sarfraz didn't last too long when he was also caught behind to Prasad. In an attempt to score quickly Azhar came down the track and was stumped after scoring a patient and potential match saving 117. The batting then collapsed as Yasir fell for 0, Junaid scored 3 and Wahab Riaz who came out to bat despite his hand fracture got 6. As a result Pakistan were bowled out for 329 and set Sri Lanka 153 runs to win.

Players took Tea as the heavens opened up and there was heavy rain at P Sara Oval, which may have left some Pakistan fans relieved. The rest of the session and the day was rained off ans stumps were called. Pakistan would be hoping it continues to rain while Sri Lanka would want their hard work to count.

Stumps: Sri Lanka need 153 runs to win. Pakistan lead the 3 match series 1-0.

Pakistan Fall of wickets Day 4:

Younis 3-202 (69.3 overs)
Misbah 4-234 (82.6 overs)
Asad 5-274 (98.3 overs)
Sarfraz 6-301 (108.1 overs)
Yasir 7-303 (110.2 overs)
Azhar 8-313 (113.4 overs)
Junaid 9-323 (116.2 overs)
Wahab 10-329 (118.2 overs)

Discuss