LATEST POLL

How far will Pakistan progress in the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?
  • Votes: (0%)
Total Votes:
First Vote:
Last Vote:

Exclusive Interviews

"I still miss it, I wish I could go back to Pakistan right now": Catherine Dalton

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Catherine Dalton, the ...

"Our aim is to embed the Asian community into the English cricket system" - Dr Tom Brown

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Dr. Tom Brown, ...

"My aim is to play as many leagues as I can and obviously try to represent England at some stage": Kashif Ali

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Kashif Ali shared ...

"The recent events are not something new in Pakistan Cricket": Kamran Akmal

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter ...

PSL's shortcomings & how can it be improved – with Salman Sarwar Butt, the visionary behind the PSL

Salman Sarwar Butt, the visionary behind the inception and ...

Is Mike Hesson becoming Pakistan's Head Coach? PSL 9 Champion Coach in conversation with Saj

In an exclusive interview for PakPassion, the former RCB ...

The Pakistani batting lineup collapses to give Sri Lanka the edge on Day 2.

Overnight score: 272-8 (Karunaratne 130)

By PakPassion Staff (4th Juy, 2015)

Pakistan did not waste much time to get rid of the last two batsmen as Sri Lanka only added 8 runs to their overnight score to be all out for 278. Yasir Shah finished with yet another 5fer (5-78), his 3rd in consecutive matches whereas Rahat finished with figures of 3-74.

The visitors after doing the hard work started off well driving and cutting the fast bowlers for boundaries until Shan Masood was wrapped on the pads by a full length delivery from Prasad for 13. Ahmed Shehzad soon followed as he was caught behind off Pradeep for 21. Pakistan were in a bit of pressure situation to occupy the crease but the pressure got better of them when Younis Khan was run out just before lunch to leave them reeling on 45-3.

Azhar and Asad rebuilt after the early loss of wickets to take Pakistan to 91. Azhar milked Prasad for boundaries and looked comfortable out there until rain arrived. Asad Shafiq was LBW to Prasad to a ball which kept low for 15 which brought Sarfraz to the crease. Rain interrupted Pakistan's progress once again as they reached 117-4.

Azhar Ali reached his 20th Test fifty but was out soon later chasing a wide delivery to be caught at second slip. Misbah and Ehsan Adil soon followed as bother were LBW to Pradeep and Kaushal respectively. Pakistan at this stage were 152-7 and Sarfraz had a huge task ahead of him. Yasir was caught behind after scoring 18 to leave Pakistan reeling at 197-8. Rahat Ali was LBW to Kaushal as Pakistan crossed 200. Sarfraz ended the Day on 72* with Imran Khan on the crease with him. We will have to wait till tomorrow to see if Sarfraz can narrow the deficit. Overall another poor batting display by the visitors.

Fall of wickets Day 2:

Kaushal 9-277 (88.6 overs)
Pradeep 10-278 (89.5 overs)

Shan Masood 1-32 (8.5 overs)
Shehzad 2-40 (11.3 overs)
Younis 3-45 (18.2 overs)
Shafiq 4-91 (31.2 overs)
Azhar 5-135 (40.5 overs)
Misbah 6-151 (44.6 overs)
Ehsan 7-152 (45.5 overs)
Yasir 8-197 (56.5 overs)
Rahat 9-202 (59.5 overs)