LATEST POLL

Which side will win the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?
  • Votes: (0%)
Total Votes:
First Vote:
Last Vote:

Exclusive Interviews

"I learned more about myself after my debut": Shoaib Bashir

Bashir joins PakPassion for an exclusive interview where he ...

"Gary Kirsten will fit in nicely in Pakistan Culture": Vernon Philander

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Philander shares insights ...

"What is the guarantee that Gary Kirsten will take Pakistan to victory in the World Cup?": Atiq-uz-Zaman

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan International ...

"I still miss it, I wish I could go back to Pakistan right now": Catherine Dalton

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Catherine Dalton, the ...

"Our aim is to embed the Asian community into the English cricket system" - Dr Tom Brown

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Dr. Tom Brown, ...

"My aim is to play as many leagues as I can and obviously try to represent England at some stage": Kashif Ali

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Kashif Ali shared ...

Younis Khan and Shan Masood set up exciting chase for the visitors and leave them to win another 147 on the last day.

Overnight Score: Sri Lanka 278 and 228-5 , Pakistan 215

By PakPassion Staff (6th July, 2015)

The game pretty much out of the visitors reach, Pakistan hoped to start the day on a positive note. Angelo Mathews and Dinesh Chandimal were involved in a 117 run partnership. The breakthrough came when the new ball was taken as Chandimal was LBW to Imran Khan giving him his first wicket of the match. Prasad was caught behind the very next ball and Sri Lanka were 7 down with the lead approaching 350. Imran Khan bowled beautifully with the new ball to dismiss Kaushal, Lakmal and Mathews all caught behind to finish with figures of 5-58. Sri Lanka were all out for 313 giving Pakistan a target of 377 to win. Angelo Mathews scoring a spectacular 122 might have taken the game away from the visitors though.

Pakistan got off to the worst possible start as Ahmed Shehzad was bowled by Lakmal for a duck through the gate. Younis and Shan had a huge task on their plate and they responded well attacking the bad balls and letting go anything outside the stumps. Shan reached his fifty as Pakistan reached 99-2 at TEA.

Younis Khan and Shan Masood continued to play watchfully and carefully scoring at a decent rate. They took the singles,doubles and boundaries where on offer too. There was a glimmer of home as the visitors reached half way. Shan Masood got to his maiden Test hundred with 10 fours and then smashing a SIX down the ground when on 96.

Younis Khan got to his 30th Test hundred in the last over of the day with a boundary and also become the first player in Test history to have 5 hundreds in the 4th innings. Shan Masood (114) and Younis Khan (101) ended the day leading an exceptional fightback as Pakistan need just 147 more runs with 8 wickets in hand.

Fall of Wickets Day 4:

Chandimal 6-278 (85.2 overs)
Prasad 7-278 (85.3 overs)
Kaushal 8-290 (89.6 overs)
Lakmal 9-306 (93.3 overs)
Mathews 10-313 (95.4 overs)

Shehzad 1-0 (1.3 overs)
Azhar 2-13 (6.6 overs)

Discuss