LATEST POLL

Can Pakistan level the T20I series against New Zealand?
  • Votes: (0%)
  • Votes: (0%)
Total Votes:
First Vote:
Last Vote:

Exclusive Interviews

"I still miss it, I wish I could go back to Pakistan right now": Catherine Dalton

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Catherine Dalton, the ...

"Our aim is to embed the Asian community into the English cricket system" - Dr Tom Brown

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Dr. Tom Brown, ...

"My aim is to play as many leagues as I can and obviously try to represent England at some stage": Kashif Ali

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Kashif Ali shared ...

"The recent events are not something new in Pakistan Cricket": Kamran Akmal

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter ...

PSL's shortcomings & how can it be improved – with Salman Sarwar Butt, the visionary behind the PSL

Salman Sarwar Butt, the visionary behind the inception and ...

Is Mike Hesson becoming Pakistan's Head Coach? PSL 9 Champion Coach in conversation with Saj

In an exclusive interview for PakPassion, the former RCB ...

Leg-spinner takes 6-124 as Pakistan seal series win despite a fighting 95 by Jermaine Blackwood.

T2D5

By Abdullah Ansari (25th October, 2016)

Toss: Pakistan won the toss, Misbah-ul-Haq chose to bat first.

Teams

Pakistan: Sami Aslam, Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq (c), Mohammad Nawaz, Sarfraz Ahmed (wk), Yasir Shah, Zulfiqar Babar, Sohail Khan, Rahat Ali.

West Indies: KC Brathwaite, LR Johnson, DM Bravo, MN Samuels, J Blackwood, RL Chase, SD Hope (wk), JO Holder (c), D Bishoo, ML Cummins, ST Gabriel

The day commenced with Rahat and Yasir bowling with Pakistan 18 overs away from the new ball. Blackwood looked to score when given the opportunity and got to his fifty a few overs in while Chase struggled to score from the other end. An excellent spinning delivery by Yasir finally accounted for Chase who was caught behind after making 20 off 86 deliveries. Despite some reverse-swing, Blackwood went on the attack and continued once the new-ball was taken as Yasir continued. The leg-spinner finally accounted for Blackwood as the batsman fell short of a 100 as he was bowled for 95 by a delivery that skidded on to his stumps. Yasir got to his 5-fer with another skidding delivery as Holder was pinned in front, LBW for 16 as Pakistan finished the session having made three crucial break-throughs with West Indies 272/7.

Yasir resumed bowling after Lunch but was taken off after a couple of overs after an extended spell from the same end. Nawaz and Rahat bowled but were unable to break through the 8th-wicket partnership as Yasir soon re-joined the attack. There was a missed tough stumping chance off the leggie - it was Zulfiqar who finally broke through as Hope edged one to slip for 41 where Younis took a good low catch. Yasir got to his ten-wicket haul as he bowled Cummins from around the wicket. Zulfiqar was the one who finished it off as Bishoo went for a big slog and was caught by the captain, Misbah, as Pakistan sealed a 133-run win.

Summary: Yet another hard-fought victory for Pakistan as take an unassailable 2-0 series lead as well. The hosts are on a hot-streak of wins, 10 in a row across formats now. The pitch probably didn't break as much as Pakistan would have expected, or hoped, with it playing quite well on Day 5 too - however, Yasir Shah was impeccable and is a huge match-winner for Pakistan to have in Test cricket. A good Test match for Pakistan overall as they were always in control, but were made to work hard for the victory. It's 8-0 now to Pakistan on West Indies' tour of UAE and they'll hope to make that 9-0 in the last Test at Sharjah.

Fall of wickets:

5-187 (Chase, 71.2 ov)
6-244 (Blackwood, 83.6 ov)
7-266 (Holder, 89.4 ov)
8-311 (Hope, 103.6 ov)
9-312 (Cummins, 104.5 ov)
10-322 (Bishoo, 107.6 ov)

Discuss!