LATEST POLL

Who will be the highest wicket-taker for Pakistan in the 5-match T20I series against New Zealand?
  • Votes: (0%)
Total Votes:
First Vote:
Last Vote:

Exclusive Interviews

"I still miss it, I wish I could go back to Pakistan right now": Catherine Dalton

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Catherine Dalton, the ...

"Our aim is to embed the Asian community into the English cricket system" - Dr Tom Brown

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Dr. Tom Brown, ...

"My aim is to play as many leagues as I can and obviously try to represent England at some stage": Kashif Ali

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, Kashif Ali shared ...

"The recent events are not something new in Pakistan Cricket": Kamran Akmal

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter ...

PSL's shortcomings & how can it be improved – with Salman Sarwar Butt, the visionary behind the PSL

Salman Sarwar Butt, the visionary behind the inception and ...

Is Mike Hesson becoming Pakistan's Head Coach? PSL 9 Champion Coach in conversation with Saj

In an exclusive interview for PakPassion, the former RCB ...

The home side failed to put up a fight on Day 5 and only posted a target of 32 which the tourists chased down despite a few hiccups.

By Abdullah Ansari (25th April, 2017)

Toss: Pakistan won the toss, Misbah-ul-Haq chose to field first.

Teams

West Indies: KC Brathwaite, KOA Powell, SO Hetmyer, SD Hope, VA Singh, SO Dowrich†, RL Chase, JO Holder*, D Bishoo, AS Joseph, ST Gabriel

Pakistan: Azhar Ali, Ahmed Shehzad, Babar Azam, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq*, Asad Shafiq, Sarfraz Ahmed†, Mohammad Amir, Yasir Shah, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Abbas

The West Indies batsmen were understandably cautious to start on Day 5 with Amir and Yasir bowling in tandem and looking to pick up where they left off yesterday. Amir was the one to make the breakthrough, getting Singh bowled as he misjudged an incoming delivery and was bowled. The nightwatchman Bishoo fought hard, grinding it out while hitting the occasional boundary away. The first bowling change saw Abbas replace Amir and it soon bore fruit as poor shot from Bishoo saw him give away his wicket to a catch in the slips. Two balls later, the pacer set up Dowrich with a straight delivery and he played all around it and was LBW. Chase and Holder held out for a while, looking to form a partnership and it was another bowling change that delivered the wicket as Holder played a poor shot off Wahab and was dismissed. Yasir wrapped up the innings with the last two wickets with Joseph LBW and then Gabriel caught going for a big shot as Pakistan were set a small total of 32 to win.

Pakistan's chase did not begin well as Shehzad poked at a delivery outside off and nicked it to the wicket-keeper in just the third over. The next over saw Azhar dismissed as well as he tried to leave one but was late to move his bat out of the way, inadvertently guiding the ball onto his stumps. With under 20 runs remaining to win, there was some confusion as Lunch was taken. Soon after the start, Younis played around one that was pitched at the stumps, missed and was LBW. However, Misbah took care of the rest, coming and hitting consecutive sixes to finish the match.

Fall of wickets: 

5-110 (Singh, 35.5 ov)
6-129 (Bishoo, 43.1 ov)
7-129 (Dowrich, 43.3 ov)
8-151 (Holder, 51.3 ov)
9-152 (Joseph, 52.1 ov)
10-152 (Gabriel, 52.4 ov)

1-7 (Ahmed Shehzad, 2.4 ov)
2-7 (Azhar Ali, 3.1 ov)
3-24 (Younis Khan, 10.2 ov)

Discuss!